Affiliation: UFR SMBH
- n-6 Fatty acids and cardiovascular health: a review of the evidence for dietary intake recommendationsSebastien Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit, UMR INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM, UP13, CRNH IdF, Faculté SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny, France
Br J Nutr 104:788-96. 2010..n-6 PUFA benefits are even increased when SFA intake is also reduced. In regards to studies examined in this narrative review, recommendation for n-6 PUFA intake above 5 %, and ideally about 10 %, of total energy appears justified...
- Association between prediagnostic biomarkers of inflammation and endothelial function and cancer risk: a nested case-control studyMathilde Touvier
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, INSERM U557, Paris 13 University, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, F 93017 Bobigny, France
Am J Epidemiol 177:3-13. 2013..quartile 1, multivariate OR = 3.04, 95% CI: 1.28, 7.23; P(trend) = 0.03). These results suggest that prediagnostic hs-CRP and sICAM-1 levels are associated with increased prostate and breast cancer risk, respectively...
- Pre-diagnostic levels of adiponectin and soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 are associated with colorectal cancer riskMathilde Touvier
INSERM U557 National Institute of Health and Medical Research, INRA, CNAM, University of Paris 13 UREN, SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, F 93017 Bobigny, France
World J Gastroenterol 18:2805-12. 2012..To examine the relationships between pre-diagnostic biomarkers and colorectal cancer risk and assess their relevance in predictive models...
- Adherence to French nutritional guidelines is associated with lower risk of metabolic syndromeEmmanuelle Kesse-Guyot
Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
J Nutr 141:1134-9. 2011..Improvement in compliance with nutritional recommendations may help to reduce the burden of CVD disease in the general population...
- Impact of orlistat initiation on cardiovascular treatment use: a 6-year population-based cohort studySebastien Czernichow
Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, Faculté de Médecine SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny, France
Eur J Prev Cardiol 19:484-9. 2012..Since obesity is associated with increased cardiovascular (CV) medication use and pharmaceutical costs, weight-loss drug use could beneficially impact CV medication use...
- [N-6 fatty acids and cardiovascular health: dietary intake recommendations]Sebastien Czernichow
Unité de recherche d épidémiologie nutritionnelle, UMR INSERM U557, INRA, CNAM, UP13, CRNH IdF, Faculté SMBH, 74, rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny, France
Med Sci (Paris) 27:614-8. 2011..In regards to studies examined in this narrative review, recommendation for n-6 PUFA intake above 5%, and ideally about 10% of total energy appears justified for the prevention of ischemic heart disease...
- Modulation of the association between plasma intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and cancer risk by n-3 PUFA intake: a nested case-control studyMathilde Touvier
INSERM U557, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, INRA, CNAM, Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
Am J Clin Nutr 95:944-50. 2012..Mechanistic data suggest that n-3 PUFAs and endothelial function may interact and play a role in carcinogenesis, but epidemiologic evidence is lacking...
- Associations between dietary patterns and arterial stiffness, carotid artery intima-media thickness and atherosclerosisEmmanuelle Kesse-Guyot
UMR, INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM Université Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 17:718-24. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between carotid-femoral pulse-wave velocity (PWV), common carotid-arteries intima-media thickness (CCA-IMT) and plaques with dietary patterns measured 7.5 years earlier...
- The contribution of diet and lifestyle to socioeconomic inequalities in cardiovascular morbidity and mortalityCaroline Mejean
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands Université Paris 13, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UREN, INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM, F 93017 Bobigny Cedex, France Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:5190-5. 2013..We studied the contribution of diet and other lifestyle factors to the explanation of socioeconomic inequalities in cardiovascular diseases...
- Melanocortin-4 receptor mutations and polymorphisms do not affect weight loss after bariatric surgeryMarion Valette
Paris 13 University, Sorbone Paris Cité, Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48221. 2012..This is the first case-control study to show that MC4R mutations and polymorphisms do not affect weight loss and body composition over one year after bariatric surgery...
- Effects of B vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids on cardiovascular diseases: a randomised placebo controlled trialPilar Galan
UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Universite Paris 13, CRNH IdF, F 93017 Bobigny, France
BMJ 341:c6273. 2010..To investigate whether dietary supplementation with B vitamins or omega 3 fatty acids, or both, could prevent major cardiovascular events in patients with a history of ischaemic heart disease or stroke...