M O Timsit
- [Should frozen section examination be performed systematically as part of conservative surgery for renal cell carcinoma?]Marc Olivier Timsit
Service d urologie et transplantation, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Prog Urol 16:550-3. 2006..To prospectively assess the value of frozen section examination during conservative surgery for renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in exclusively elective indications and to evaluate the reality of safety margins...
- Kidney function following nephrectomy: similitude and discrepancies between kidney cancer and living donationMarc Olivier Timsit
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Urol Oncol 30:482-6. 2012..We aimed to investigate if indication for nephrectomy (kidney cancer vs. living donation) was an independent risk factor for kidney function deterioration...
- Prospective study of safety margins in partial nephrectomy: intraoperative assessment and contribution of frozen section analysisMarc Olivier Timsit
Department of Urology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Urology 67:923-6. 2006..To evaluate prospectively a healthy parenchymal safety margin during conservative surgery for renal cell carcinoma...
- Should routine pyeloureterostomy be advocated in adult kidney transplantation? A prospective study of 283 recipientsMarc Olivier Timsit
Universite Paris Descartes, Necker Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Urol 184:2043-8. 2010..We assessed urological complications and their management after routine pyeloureterostomy in adult kidney transplantation cases...
- [Chemotherapy of hormonorefractory and hormonoresistant metastatic prostate cancer]M O Timsit
Service d Urologie, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Prog Urol 18:S365-75. 2008..Early introduction of docetaxel raises the issue of when to start chemotherapy as it may be relevant to initiate this treatment before the onset of hormone independence. GETUG 15 trial will try to answer this question...
- [Medical treatment of metastatic germ cell cancers]M O Timsit
Service d Urologie, Université Paris Descartes Hôpital Necker, France
Prog Urol 18:S376-81. 2008..Precise predictive factors of recurrence are needed to better define indications of first and other lines of treatment in specific situations such as non-resected residual seminoma...
- Polyglactin tie added to nonabsorbable polymer locking clips to control artery in laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy: better safe than sorryM O Timsit
Department of Urology and Transplantation, Necker Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Transplant Proc 41:4044-6. 2009..It certainly decreases the risk of clip slippage and should be considered as a cheap, easy artifice to reduce the already low-risk of hemorrhage in LLDN...
- Interstitial fibrosis evolution on early sequential screening renal allograft biopsies using quantitative image analysisA Servais
Department of Nephrology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 11:1456-63. 2011..IF evolution is more important during the first 3 months and has some predictive ability for change in GFR. Intervention to decrease IF should be applied early, i.e. before 3 months, after transplantation...
- Donor-estimated GFR as an appropriate criterion for allocation of ECD kidneys into single or dual kidney transplantationR Snanoudj
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 9:2542-51. 2009..Andres et al. and UNOS, did not indicate an improvement in 12-month eGFR compared to our allocation based on donor eGFR...
- Significance of C4d Banff scores in early protocol biopsies of kidney transplant recipients with preformed donor-specific antibodies (DSA)A Loupy
Service de Transplantation Rénale et de Soins Intensifs, Hopital Necker, APHP, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 11:56-65. 2011..However, C4d may not be a sufficiently sensitive indicator of activity, MI and DSA being more robust predictors of bad outcome...
- [Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: urology resident learning curve on a porcine model]Y Rouach
Service d Urologie, Hopital Necker, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Prog Urol 18:344-50. 2008..The authors studied the LPN learning curve for urology residents using a porcine model based on analysis of the following criteria: operating time, warm ischaemia time and intraoperative and postoperative bleeding...
- [Conservative management of upper tract urinary fistulae using ureteral trans-vesico-parietal stent]T Le Guilchet
Service d Urologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, 20, rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France Electronic address
Prog Urol 26:152-8. 2016..We sought an effective method of drainage, minimally invasive, reproducible allowing a rapid patient's discharge...
- [The impact of partial nephrectomy on morbidity and on long-term oncological outcomes]Y Rouach
Service d Urologie, Hopital Necker, Universite Rene Descartes, 69, rue Saint Martin, 75004 Paris, France
Prog Urol 19:481-6. 2009..To evaluate the impact of imperative indication on the rate of complications and long term carcinological results after partial nephrectomy (PN)...
- [Place of nephrectomy in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease waiting for renal transplantation]D Cohen
Service d Urologie, Hopital Necker, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Prog Urol 18:642-9. 2008..To define the indications, results and place of nephrectomy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) in relation to renal transplantation...
- Nephron-sparing surgery for renal cell carcinoma: detailed analysis of complications over a 15-year periodG Pasticier
Department of Urology and Transplantation, Edouard Herriot Hospital, University of Lyon, France
Eur Urol 49:485-90. 2006..To assess the incidence of complications of conservative renal surgery for renal cell carcinoma in both elective and imperative indications, and its evolution over a 15 year period...
- [Papillary renal cell carcinoma: morphological subtypes, clinical and histopathological considerations]N Henry
Universite Paris Descartes, 12, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Prog Urol 20:393-401. 2010....
- [Renal-pleural fistula after radiofrequency ablation of renal tumor in VHL patient]P Mouracade
Service d Urologie, hôpital européen Georges Pompidou HEGP, Paris, France
Prog Urol 21:432-6. 2011..A conservative management of this iatrogenic fistula was attempted combining a water restriction and the insertion of a ureteral catheter. Three weeks were necessary until the fistula completely regress...
- [Kidney transplantation in the rat: An institutional technique]M O Timsit
Transplant surgery research laboratory, Division of Transplant Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Prog Urol 21:173-6. 2011..Our step-by-step illustrated report would allow French-speaking trainees to learn how to perform kidney transplantation in rats in a reproducible manner and add this valuable tool to their research protocols...
- Incidence, risk factors and clinical consequences of neutropenia following kidney transplantation: a retrospective studyL Zafrani
Service de transplantation et unité de soins intensifs, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 9:1816-25. 2009..02). G-CSF accelerates recovery of neutropenia and may be a good therapeutic alternative for severely neutropenic patients...
- Sirolimus may reduce fertility in male renal transplant recipientsJ Zuber
Department of Kidney Transplantation, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 8:1471-9. 2008..007). Of six patients in whom sirolimus treatment was interrupted, only three showed a significant improvement in sperm parameters. Sirolimus is associated with impaired spermatogenesis and, as a corollary, may reduce male fertility...