- Can mismatch negativity be linked to synaptic processes? A glutamatergic approach to deviance detectionKuzma Strelnikov
Brain and Cognition Research Center CerCo, University of Toulouse 3, Faculty of Medicine, CNRS, UMR 5549, 133 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Brain Cogn 65:244-51. 2007..The model is discussed with regard to the pathological states most studied in relation to mismatch negativity: alcohol intoxication, alcohol withdrawal, and schizophrenia...
- Schizophrenia and language--shall we look for a deficit of deviance detection?Kuzma Strelnikov
CerCo, Université Toulouse 3, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, 31062 Toulouse CEDEX9, France
Psychiatry Res 178:225-9. 2010..This hypothesis opens perspectives for genetic, molecular and pharmacological studies of the deficit of deviance detection in schizophrenia, as reflected by event-related potentials and neuroimaging during speech processing...
- Brain prediction of auditory emphasis by facial expressions during audiovisual continuous speechKuzma Strelnikov
Universite Paul Sabatier, CerCo, Universite Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Brain Topogr 28:494-505. 2015..Thus, in continuous speech, the visual modality evokes predictive coding for the auditory speech, which is analysed by the cerebral cortex in the context of the phrase even before the arrival of the corresponding auditory signal. ..
- Integrative activity of neural networks may code virtual spaces with internal representationsKuzma Strelnikov
CNRS, CerCo, UMR 5549, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, Pavillon Baudot CHU Purpan, BP 25202, 31052 Toulouse Cedex, France Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 581:80-4. 2014....
- Neuroenergetics at the brain-mind interface: a conceptual approachKuzma Strelnikov
Cerveau and Cognition, Universite Paul Sabatier, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Cogn Process 15:297-306. 2014..Thus, the proposed general principled approach would be helpful for specialists from different fields of cognition. ..
- Sensory stimulation induces tensor fields, which specifically transform brain activityKuzma Strelnikov
Universite de Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France CNRS, UMR 5549, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 554:42-6. 2013..In the second comparison, clusters were more localised in the temporo-frontal network of speech processing. Our study therefore demonstrated that tensor fields reflect the sensory input that specifically transforms brain activity. ..
- Stable modality-specific activity flows as reflected by the neuroenergetic approach to the FMRI weighted mapsKuzma Strelnikov
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 7:e33462. 2012..Thus, neuroenergetic assumptions may give a novel perspective for the analysis of neuroimaging data...
- Effects of vocoding and intelligibility on the cerebral response to speechKuzma Strelnikov
Universite de Toulouse, Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition, 31062 Toulouse, France
BMC Neurosci 12:122. 2011....
- Neuroimaging and neuroenergetics: brain activations as information-driven reorganization of energy flowsKuzma Strelnikov
CerCo, Université Toulouse 3, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Brain Cogn 72:449-56. 2010..In this light, we consider brain basal activity as subserving internal representations of the environment (predictive coding), and brain activation as reflecting the level of deviance from predictive coding...
- Visual activity predicts auditory recovery from deafness after adult cochlear implantationKuzma Strelnikov
1 Université de Toulouse, Cerveau and Cognition, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Brain 136:3682-95. 2013....
- Crossmodal interactions during non-linguistic auditory processing in cochlear-implanted deaf patientsPascal Barone
Universite Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, France CNRS, UMR 5549, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Cortex 83:259-70. 2016..Our hypothesis is that the functional crossmodal reorganisation that occurs in deafness could influence nonverbal processing, such as face-voice interaction; this is important for patient internal supramodal representation. ..
- Binaural stimulation through cochlear implants in postlingual deafness: a positron emission tomographic study of word recognitionKuzma Strelnikov
Universite Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, France
Otol Neurotol 32:1210-7. 2011..Bilateral stimulation through cochlear implants induces a brain activity pattern closer to the normal one than unilateral stimulation...
- Quality of life and auditory performance in adults with asymmetric hearing lossNicolas Vannson
Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition, Université de Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Audiol Neurootol 20:38-43. 2015..Significant correlations were found between the SRT for the dichotic condition and the SSQ total score (r = -0.38, p = 0.01), and pure-tone average thresholds for both groups...
- Sex-dependent modulation of activity in the neural networks engaged during emotional speech comprehensionVirginie Beaucousin
GIN, UMR 5296, Univ de Bordeaux, CNRS, CEA, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Brain Res 1390:108-17. 2011..In conclusion, at equivalent linguistic abilities and performances, men activate semantic and attentional cortical areas to a larger extent than women during emotional speech processing...
- Deficits in voice and multisensory processing in patients with Prader-Willi syndromeJuliette Salles
Universite Toulouse, CerCo, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France CNRS, UMR 5549, Faculté de Médecine de Purpan, Toulouse, France Centre de Référence du Syndrome de Prader Willi, Hopital des Enfants, Toulouse, France Service de psychiatrie et psychologie médicale, Hôpital de psychiatrie, Toulouse, France
Neuropsychologia 85:137-47. 2016..In addition, our work is in agreement with the brain imaging studies revealing an alteration in PWS of the "social brain network" including the STS region involved in processing human voices. ..