Affiliation: Station Biologique
- Unraveling the genomic mosaic of a ubiquitous genus of marine cyanobacteriaAlexis Dufresne
Université Paris 6 and CNRS, UMR 7144, Station Biologique, 29682 Roscoff, France
Genome Biol 9:R90. 2008..Yet, the genetic basis of niche partitioning is still poorly understood in this ecologically important group...
- Prochlorococcus: advantages and limits of minimalismFrédéric Partensky
UPMC Universite Paris 06, Station Biologique, 29682 Roscoff Cedex, France
Ann Rev Mar Sci 2:305-31. 2010....
- CyanoLyase: a database of phycobilin lyase sequences, motifs and functionsAnthony Bretaudeau
GenOuest Platform, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D396-401. 2013..This resource should be useful to scientists and companies interested in natural or artificial PBPs, which have a number of biotechnological applications, notably as fluorescent markers...
- Diversity and evolution of phycobilisomes in marine Synechococcus spp.: a comparative genomics studyChristophe Six
UMR 7144 Université Paris VI and CNRS, Station Biologique, Groupe Plancton Océanique, F 29682 Roscoff Cedex, France
Genome Biol 8:R259. 2007..Genomes of eleven marine Synechococcus strains recently became available with one to four strains per pigment type or subtype, allowing an unprecedented comparative genomics study of genes involved in phycobilisome metabolism...
- Development of a targeted metagenomic approach to study a genomic region involved in light harvesting in marine SynechococcusFlorian Humily
UPMC Universite Paris VI, Station Biologique, Roscoff Cedex, France CNRS, UMR 7144 Adaptation and Diversity in the Marine Environment, Oceanic Plankton Group, Marine Phototrophic Prokaryotes team, Roscoff Cedex, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 88:231-49. 2014..Altogether, this study provides novel insights into Synechococcus community structure and pigment type diversity at a representative coastal station of the English Channel. ..
- Genome sequence of the cyanobacterium Prochlorococcus marinus SS120, a nearly minimal oxyphototrophic genomeAlexis Dufresne
Station Biologique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7127, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique et Université Paris 6, BP74, 29682 Roscoff Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10020-5. 2003..Because of its remarkable compactness, the genome of P. marinus SS120 might approximate the minimal gene complement of a photosynthetic organism...
- Multi-locus sequence analysis, taxonomic resolution and biogeography of marine SynechococcusSophie Mazard
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, UK
Environ Microbiol 14:372-86. 2012....
- Two novel phycoerythrin-associated linker proteins in the marine cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. strain WH8102Christophe Six
Département Phytoplancton Océanique, Station Biologique, UMR 7127 CNRS and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, BP 74, 29682 Roscoff Cedex, France
J Bacteriol 187:1685-94. 2005..We further show that acclimation of phycobilisomes to high light leads to a dramatic reduction of MpeC, whereas the two novel linkers are not significantly affected. Models for the organization of the rods are proposed...
- Phycourobilin in trichromatic phycocyanin from oceanic cyanobacteria is formed post-translationally by a phycoerythrobilin lyase-isomeraseNicolas Blot
UPMC Universite Paris 06, Station Biologique, 29682 Roscoff, France, CNRS, UMR 7144, Groupe Plancton Océanique, 29682 Roscoff, France
J Biol Chem 284:9290-8. 2009..The novel R-PC V likely optimizes rod-core energy transfer in phycobilisomes and thereby adaptation of a major phytoplankton group to the blue-green light prevailing in oceanic waters...
- New insights into the nature and phylogeny of prasinophyte antenna proteins: Ostreococcus tauri, a case studyChristophe Six
Station Biologique, Roscoff Cedex, France
Mol Biol Evol 22:2217-30. 2005..Its diverse but numerically limited suite of Lhc genes renders O. tauri an exceptional model system for future research on the evolution and function of LHC components...
- Genome streamlining results in loss of robustness of the circadian clock in the marine cyanobacterium Prochlorococcus marinus PCC 9511Julia Holtzendorff
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 06 and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 7144, Station Biologique, France
J Biol Rhythms 23:187-99. 2008....
- Ultraviolet stress delays chromosome replication in light/dark synchronized cells of the marine cyanobacterium Prochlorococcus marinus PCC9511Christian Kolowrat
UPMC Universite Paris 06, Station Biologique, Place Georges Teissier, Roscoff, France
BMC Microbiol 10:204. 2010..Expression patterns of key DNA synthesis and repair, cell division, and clock genes were analyzed in order to decipher molecular mechanisms of adaptation to UV radiation...
- A gene island with two possible configurations is involved in chromatic acclimation in marine SynechococcusFlorian Humily
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Station Biologique, Roscoff, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, UMR 7144, Oceanic Plankton Group, Marine Phototrophic Prokaryotes team, Roscoff, France
PLoS ONE 8:e84459. 2013..This study provides novel insights into understanding both diversity and evolution of the CA4 process. ..
- High vertical and low horizontal diversity of Prochlorococcus ecotypes in the Mediterranean Sea in summerLaurence Garczarek
Station Biologique, UMR 7144 CNRS and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Roscoff, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 60:189-206. 2007..Nevertheless, environmental pcb gene sequences retrieved from different depths at two stations proved all different at the nucleotide level, suggesting a large genetic microdiversity within those ecotypes...
- WiseScaffolder: an algorithm for the semi-automatic scaffolding of Next Generation Sequencing dataGregory K Farrant
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR 7144, Station Biologique, CS 90074, 29688, Roscoff Cedex, France
BMC Bioinformatics 16:281. 2015..A number of automatic scaffolders were recently released, which improved the global quality of genomes published in the last few years. Yet, none of them reach the efficiency of manual scaffolding...
- UV-induced phycobilisome dismantling in the marine picocyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. WH8102Christophe Six
Station Biologique, UMR 7144 CNRS et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, B P 74, 29682, Roscoff Cedex, France
Photosynth Res 92:75-86. 2007..Phycobilisome alteration could be the consequence of direct UV-induced photodamages and/or the result of a protease-mediated process...
- Ecological and evolutionary genomics of marine photosynthetic organismsSusana M Coelho
UPMC Universite Paris 06, Station Biologique de Roscoff, Roscoff, France
Mol Ecol 22:867-907. 2013....
- Accelerated evolution associated with genome reduction in a free-living prokaryoteAlexis Dufresne
Station Biologique, UMR 7127 CNRS et Université Paris 6, BP74, 29682 Roscoff Cedex, France
Genome Biol 6:R14. 2005....