Genomes and Genes
- Sonic hedgehog-dependent emergence of oligodendrocytes in the telencephalon: evidence for a source of oligodendrocytes in the olfactory bulb that is independent of PDGFRalpha signalingN Spassky
Laboratoire de Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, INSERM U 495, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, IFR des Neurosciences, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Development 128:4993-5004. 2001..This delay between determination and differentiation appears to be intrinsic to telencephalic oligodendrocytes, as it was not shortened by diffusible or cell-cell contact factors present in the spinal cord...
- The early steps of oligodendrogenesis: insights from the study of the plp lineage in the brain of chicks and rodentsN Spassky
INSERM, Biologie des Interactions Neurones-Glie, , Paris, France
Dev Neurosci 23:318-26. 2001....
- Wnt activity guides facial branchiomotor neuron migration, and involves the PCP pathway and JNK and ROCK kinasesValerie Vivancos
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Neural Dev 4:7. 2009..In this study, we investigated a possible role of Wnts and the planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway in this process...
- Primary cilia are required for cerebellar development and Shh-dependent expansion of progenitor poolN Spassky
Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, IFR des Neurosciences, INSERM U711, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, F 75013, France
Dev Biol 317:246-59. 2008..Dysfunctional cilia are associated with diverse human disorders including Bardet-Biedl and Joubert syndromes. Cerebellar abnormalities observed in these patients could be explained by defects in Shh-induced GCP expansion...
- Monofocal origin of telencephalic oligodendrocytes in the anterior entopeduncular area of the chick embryoC Olivier
Laboratoire de Biologie des Interactions Neurones/Glie, INSERM U-495, , , Paris, France
Development 128:1757-69. 2001....
- Spatiotemporal development of oligodendrocytes in the embryonic brainJ L Thomas
Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, INSERM U 495, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris Cedex, France
J Neurosci Res 59:471-6. 2000..The choice depends on their site of origin. Finally, we discuss the possibility that oligodendrocytes could be a mosaic population that originates from at least two types of precursor cells...
- Multiple restricted origin of oligodendrocytesN Spassky
Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 495, Université Pierre Marie Curie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Neurosci 18:8331-43. 1998..These data suggest that oligodendrocytes have a plural origin and that early plp/dm-20 defines one of the neural lineages generating oligodendrocytes...
- Human medulloblastoma cell line DEV is a potent tool to screen for factors influencing differentiation of neural stem cellsL Buzanska
Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
J Neurosci Res 65:17-23. 2001....