- Evaluation of the functional efficacy of an antioxidative probiotic in healthy volunteersEpp Songisepp
Department of Microbiology, University of Tartu, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Nutr J 4:22. 2005....
- Antioxidative probiotic fermented goats' milk decreases oxidative stress-mediated atherogenicity in human subjectsTiiu Kullisaar
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Br J Nutr 90:449-56. 2003..We conclude that the goats' milk fermented with our special antioxidative lactobacilli strain Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3 exhibits anti-atherogenic effects...
- Diversity and metabolic impact of intestinal Lactobacillus species in healthy adults and the elderlyJelena Stsepetova
Department of Microbiology, Medical Faculty, University of Tartu, Tartu 50411, Estonia
Br J Nutr 105:1235-44. 2011..are associated with higher BMI and blood glucose content, while their specific fermentative groups and species of lactobacilli appear at different glucose levels both in adults and in the elderly...
- Hypocaloric diet supplemented with probiotic cheese improves body mass index and blood pressure indices of obese hypertensive patients--a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled pilot studyKhaider K Sharafedtinov
Department of Microbiology, University of Tartu, Ravila str, 19, Tartu 50411, Estonia
Nutr J 12:138. 2013....
- Biodiversity of Intestinal Lactic Acid Bacteria in the Healthy PopulationMarika Mikelsaar
Institute of Biomedicine and Translational Medicine, University of Tartu, Europe, Estonia
Adv Exp Med Biol 932:1-64. 2016..This approach targets the impact of probiotic strains to maintenance of health with anti-infectious, cardiovascular, and metabolic support...