Genomes and Genes
- Forced midexpiratory flow between 25% and 75% of forced vital capacity is associated with long-term persistence of asthma and poor asthma outcomesValerie Siroux
Université Grenoble Alpes, IAB, Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, Grenoble, France INSERM, IAB, Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, Grenoble, France CHU de Grenoble, IAB, Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, Grenoble, France Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 137:1709-1716.e6. 2016..Whether small-airway obstruction contributes to the long-term evolution of asthma remains unknown...
- Impact of geocoding methods on associations between long-term exposure to urban air pollution and lung functionBenedicte Jacquemin
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, CESP centre de recherche en épidémiologie et santé des populations, U1018, Respiratory and environmental epidemiology Team, Villejuif, France
Environ Health Perspect 121:1054-60. 2013..Errors in address geocodes may affect estimates of the effects of air pollution on health...
- Asthma control assessed in the EGEA epidemiological survey and health-related quality of lifeValerie Siroux
INSERM, U823, Centre de Recherche Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
Respir Med 106:820-8. 2012....
- Respiratory symptoms in adults are related to impaired quality of life, regardless of asthma and COPD: results from the European community respiratory health surveyMarianne Voll-Aanerud
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:107. 2010..The objective was to describe the association of respiratory symptoms with HRQoL in subjects with and without asthma or COPD and to investigate the role of atopy, bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR), and lung function in HRQoL...
- The investigation of asthma phenotypesValerie Siroux
INSERM, U823 bUniversité Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:393-9. 2011....
- Identifying adult asthma phenotypes using a clustering approachV Siroux
Centre de Recherche INSERM UJF U823, Institut Albert Bonniot, BP 170, 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Eur Respir J 38:310-7. 2011..The LCAs revealed four distinct asthma phenotypes in each sample. Considering these more homogeneous phenotypes in future studies may lead to a better identification of risk factors for asthma...
- Phenotypic determinants of uncontrolled asthmaValerie Siroux
INSERM, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U823, Institut Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:681-7.e3. 2009..Although uncontrolled asthma remains frequent, determinants of asthma control are poorly studied...
- [Environmental factors for asthma severity and allergy: results from the EGEA study]V Siroux
INSERM, U823, Institut Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:599-608. 2007..A synthesis of the results obtained since 2002 on phenotypic and environmental aspects of asthma severity and allergy are presented in this article...
- Replication of association between ADAM33 polymorphisms and psoriasisValerie Siroux
INSERM, U823, Centre de Recherche Albert Bonniot, Epidémiologie des cancers et des affections graves, La Tronche, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2448. 2008..The identification of a pleiotropic effect of ADAM33 on asthma and psoriasis may contribute to the understanding of these common immune-mediated diseases...
- Cat sensitization according to cat window of exposure in adult asthmaticsM P Oryszczyn
INSERM, U780, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Villejuif, France
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1515-21. 2009..In adults, there is limited information on tolerance to cat, which may be reflected by high IgG4 without IgE sensitization. Early exposure to cat may play a critical role...
- Heterogeneity of asthma according to blood inflammatory patternsR Nadif
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Villejuif, France
Thorax 64:374-80. 2009..There is increasing interest regarding asthma heterogeneity in relation to inflammatory patterns...
- CD14 and toll-like receptor gene polymorphisms, country living, and asthma in adultsLidwien A M Smit
INSERM U780, Villejuif, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:363-8. 2009..It has been shown that country living protects against asthma, which may be explained by microbial exposures...
- [Epidemiological study on the Genetics and Environment of Asthma, bronchial hyperresponsiveness and atopy (EGEA) - First results of a multi-disciplinary study]F Kauffmann
INSERM U 472, Villejuif, France
Rev Mal Respir 19:63-72. 2002..The analysis is still in progress by studies on the heterogeneity of asthma with refined genetic studies and by searching to integrate results regarding environmental and genetic factors and studying their interactions...
- Sex-specific effect of IL9 polymorphisms on lung function and polysensitizationH Aschard
INSERM, U946, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris 75010, France
Genes Immun 10:559-65. 2009..002, respectively, after Bonferroni's correction). This study underlies the importance of taking into account complex mechanisms, such as heterogeneity according to sex and pleiotropy to unravel the genes involved in asthma phenotypes...
- [Genetic and environmental factors of asthma and allergy: Results of the EGEA study]E Bouzigon
INSERM, UMR946, 75010 Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, 75007 Paris, France Electronic address
Rev Mal Respir 32:822-40. 2015..We summarize the results of the phenotypic characterization and the investigation of environmental and genetic factors of asthma and asthma-related phenotypes obtained since 2007 in the EGEA study (42 articles)...
- Quality-of-life and asthma-severity in general population asthmatics: results of the ECRHS II studyV Siroux
INSERM, U823, Grenoble, France
Allergy 63:547-54. 2008..HRQL and its relationship to asthma-severity were assessed among 900 asthmatics enrolled in the European Community Respiratory Health Survey...
- Total serum IgE levels are associated with ambient ozone concentration in asthmatic adultsE Rage
INSERM, U780, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Villejuif, France
Allergy 64:40-6. 2009..Effects of air pollution exposure on IgE-mediated response in asthmatics are poorly investigated. The aim was to examine the relationship between air pollution concentrations and total IgE levels in adult asthmatics...