Genomes and Genes
- Vitamin K antagonist use in the elderly: special considerationsVirginie Siguret
hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Laboratoire d Hematologie, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Future Cardiol 3:321-30. 2007..Current recommendations concerning the management at the start of treatment, education and adequate monitoring may help to minimize the hemorrhagic risk in these frail patients...
- [Cytochrome P450 2C9 polymorphisms (CYP2C9) and warfarin maintenance dose in elderly patients]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital Charles Foix, 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 25:271-4. 2004..The aim of our purpose was to investigate whether a genetic factor, such as cyp2c9 genotype, does influence the warfarin maintenance dose in very elderly patients...
- Initiation of warfarin therapy in elderly medical inpatients: a safe and accurate regimenVirginie Siguret
Hematology Laboratory, Charles Foix Teaching Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Med 118:137-42. 2005..We conducted a prospective multicenter study to evaluate the accuracy and safety of this regimen...
- Elderly patients treated with tinzaparin (Innohep) administered once daily (175 anti-Xa IU/kg): anti-Xa and anti-IIa activities over 10 daysV Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, H pital Charles Foix, Ivry Seine, France
Thromb Haemost 84:800-4. 2000..Neither dose adjustment, nor serial anti-Xa activity monitoring seems to be required in patients with creatinine clearance above 20 mL/min during the first ten day treatment...
- Low molecular weight heparin treatment in elderly subjects with or without renal insufficiency: new insights between June 2002 and March 2004Virginie Siguret
Laboratoire d Hématologie and Unité de Gériatrie Aiguë, Hôpital Charles Foix University Hospital of Paris, Ivry Seine, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 10:366-70. 2004..Little evidence is available to assess the risk/benefit ratio of low molecular weight heparins used at therapeutic dosages in elderly patients with or without renal insufficiency in normal clinical practice...
- [Monitoring of tinzaparin in a ten day treatment dose in elderly patients]E Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, Hopital Charles Foix, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Rev Med Interne 22:120-6. 2001..Thus, we conducted a prospective study to determine whether tinzaparin, administered subcutaneously at treatment dose (175 anti-Xa IU/kg) once daily for 10 days, does accumulate in patients older than 70 years of age...
- Predicting the warfarin maintenance dose in elderly inpatients at treatment initiation: accuracy of dosing algorithms incorporating or not VKORC1/CYP2C9 genotypesC Moreau
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:711-8. 2011..Initiating warfarin is challenging in frail elderly patients because of low-dose requirements and interindividual variability...
- Genetic factors (VKORC1, CYP2C9, EPHX1, and CYP4F2) are predictor variables for warfarin response in very elderly, frail inpatientsE Pautas
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:57-64. 2010..8; 95% confidence interval, 2.73-60.0). In this special population of frail elderly patients with multiple comorbidities and polypharmacy, we demonstrated the main impact of genetic factors on warfarin response...
- [Myelodisplasic syndromes diagnosed in a geriatric hospital: morphological profile in 100 patients]G Dewulf
Laboratoire d Hematologie, hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Ivry sur Seine
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 62:197-202. 2004..Therefore, elderly patients are investigated as soon as they present with moderate anaemia that may explain the early MDS diagnosis...
- No accumulation of the peak anti-factor Xa activity of tinzaparin in elderly patients with moderate-to-severe renal impairment: the IRIS substudyV Siguret
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:1966-72. 2011..In the elderly, concerns have been raised regarding the risk of accumulation of low molecular weight heparins, owing to their renal elimination. Although data exist for tinzaparin, they are observational...
- Ruling out acute deep vein thrombosis by ELISA plasma D-dimer assay versus ultrasound in inpatients more than 70 years oldA F Le Blanche
Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Charles Foix Jean Rostand University Hospital Group, Ivry sur Seine, France
Angiology 50:873-82. 1999..In inpatients above 70, an ELISA plasma D-dimer value smaller than 750 ng/mL is a rapid reliable noninvasive means to rule out lower limb DVT, if color flow Doppler ultrasound is not available on site...
- [Relationship between maintenance dosages of fluindione (Préviscan) and warfarin (Coumadin) for patients 70 years and older]E Pautas
service de court séjour gériatrique, Hopital Charles Foix, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AP HP, 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France UFR Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris 6, 75013 Paris, France Inserm UMR S 765, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 75006 Paris, France Electronic address
Rev Med Interne 36:7-9. 2015..Switching from fluindione, an indanedione vitamin K antagonist derivative, to warfarin, a coumarin one, or vice versa, requires to know the relationships between dosages of these two molecules...
- Inter-individual variability in dabigatran and rivaroxaban exposure: contribution of ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms and interaction with clarithromycinI Gouin-Thibault
INSERM UMR_S1140, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost . 2016..Rivaroxaban is metabolized by CYP3A4. Inter-individual variability in DOAC exposure and frequent P-gp associated drug-drug interactions have been described in patients...
- Multimodal assessment of non-specific hemostatic agents for apixaban reversalA C Martin
Faculte de Pharmacie, Inserm UMR S1140, Paris, France Sorbonne Paris Cite, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France Service de Cardiologie, Hopital du Val de Grace, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 13:426-36. 2015..We have evaluated the ability of aPCC, PCC and rFVIIa to reverse apixaban...
- Assessment of apixaban plasma levels by laboratory tests: suitability of three anti-Xa assays. A multicentre French GEHT studyIsabelle Gouin-Thibault
Isabelle Gouin Thibault, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Hôtel Dieu, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75 679 Paris Cedex 14, France, Tel 33 1 42 34 84 47, Fax 33 1 58 41 19 97, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:240-8. 2014....
- [Evaluation of a new automatic hematological system: the Advia 70 (Bayer-Diagnostics)]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, GH Charles Foix Jean Rostand AP HP, Ivry sur Seine, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:541-8. 2002..Finally, we evaluated the leukocyte differential flags on 72 patients samples with abnormal cells, using the blood smear examination as the reference method. In conclusion, the Advia 70 can be used in private and hospital laboratories...
- [Excess antivitamin K in elderly hospitalised patients aged over 70. A one-year prospective survey]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, G H Charles Foix Jean Rostand AP HP, Ivry sur Seine 94
Presse Med 32:972-7. 2003..The International Normalized Ratio (INR) should be well controlled and its stabilisation within the therapeutic range help to prevent the haemorrhagic complications...
- [Oral anticoagulants in the elderly]M Debray
Département de Médecine Gériatrique et Communautaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 38043 Cedex 09, Grenoble, France
Rev Med Interne 24:107-17. 2003..Despite the benefits of anticoagulation demonstrated in clinical trials, oral anticoagulant therapy is underused in the elderly...
- Heparin-releasable TFPI is not depleted after repeated injections of tinzaparin at therapeutic dose for up to 30 daysI Gouin-Thibault
J Thromb Haemost 1:2694-5. 2003
- [Impact of pharmacogenetics on interindividual variability in the response to vitamin K antagonist therapy]V Siguret
Service d Hématologie Hémostase, INSERM U765, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Université Paris Descartes Paris V, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 55:295-8. 2007..Predicting models of warfarin maintenance dosage taking into account these individual parameters are currently developed...
- [Prescribing guidance pocket chart on the initiation of warfarin therapy in a geriatric hospital: a useful but challenging tool]V Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Groupe Hospitalier Charles Foix Jean Rostand AP HP, Ivry sur Seine
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:245-51. 2006..Finally, the reasons for non-adherence to the recommendations were analyzed. This study illustrates an assessment of practice in an health care institution...