- [Cystinosis in adults: A systemic disease]Aude Servais
Service de néphrologie adulte et transplantation, Centre de Référence MARHEA, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France Electronic address
Nephrol Ther 11:152-9. 2015..The aim of this revue is to summarize actual knowledge of the disease to provide guidance to adult nephrologist to take care of his patients. ..
- Treatment of acute decompensation of maple syrup urine disease in adult patients with a new parenteral amino-acid mixtureA Servais
Department of Nephrology, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades AP HP, Paris, France
J Inherit Metab Dis 36:939-44. 2013..However, its administration is ineffective in cases of gastric intolerance and some adult patients refuse enteral feeding via a nasogastric tube. We developed a new parenteral amino-acid mixture for patients with MSUD...
- Suggested guidelines for the diagnosis and management of urea cycle disordersJohannes Haberle
University Children s Hospital Zurich and Children s Research Centre, Zurich, 8032, Switzerland
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:32. 2012..We believe these guidelines will help to: harmonise practice, set common standards and spread good practices with a positive impact on the outcomes of UCD patients...
- C3 glomerulopathyAude Servais
Department of a Nephrology, Service de néphrologie adultes, Hopital Necker, 149, rue de Sevres, FR 75015 Paris, France
Contrib Nephrol 181:185-93. 2013..Administration of recombinant FH if it becomes available or replacement of FH via plasma exchange may be efficacious in the cases of FH deficiency. However, therapeutic inhibition of complement C3 and C5 is the main perspective...
- Interstitial fibrosis evolution on early sequential screening renal allograft biopsies using quantitative image analysisA Servais
Department of Nephrology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 11:1456-63. 2011..IF evolution is more important during the first 3 months and has some predictive ability for change in GFR. Intervention to decrease IF should be applied early, i.e. before 3 months, after transplantation...
- Heterogeneous pattern of renal disease associated with homozygous factor H deficiencyAude Servais
Department of Nephrology, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades AP HP, Paris 75015, France
Hum Pathol 42:1305-11. 2011..This report of factor H-deficient patients emphasizes the diversity of the histologic lesions associated with factor H deficiencies and the role of the alternative pathway in several subtypes of membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis...
- [Recent approaches of quantification of interstitial fibrosis in renal transplantation]Aude Servais
Service de Nephrologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:945-50. 2009..The prognostic value of quantitative image analysis might be increased by techniques addressing the dynamics of fibrosis matrix generation...
- Interstitial fibrosis quantification in renal transplant recipients randomized to continue cyclosporine or convert to sirolimusA Servais
Departments of Nephrology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 9:2552-60. 2009..In conclusion, although kidney transplant patients converted from CsA to sirolimus showed significant improvement in renal function, we found no difference of IF on 1-year biopsies...
- Rapid curbing of a vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium outbreak in a nephrology departmentAude Servais
Department of Nephrology, Necker Hospital Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1559-64. 2009..We report herein the successful aggressive management of a VRE outbreak in a nephrology department...
- Is serum cystatin-C a reliable marker for metabolic syndrome?Aude Servais
Department of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Med 121:426-32. 2008..We measured cystatin values in dyslipidemic patients and looked for correlations between renal function, cystatin, and metabolic syndrome...
- Quantification of interstitial fibrosis by image analysis on routine renal biopsy 1 year after transplantation in patients managed by C2 monitoring of cyclosporine microemulsionA Servais
Department of Renal Transplantation, Necker Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Transplant Proc 39:2560-2. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis to calculate IF on routine renal biopsies 1 year after transplantation...
- Measuring plasma conductivity to detect sodium load in hemodialysis patientsLucile Mercadal
Nephrology Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 bd de l hopital, Paris, France 75013
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:743-6. 2008..Sodium thiosulfate therapy has been proposed for calcific uremic arteriolopathy and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in hemodialysis patients. The treatment brings 3.7 g (161 mmol) of sodium. How to counterbalance this sodium load was studied...
- Urinary procollagen III aminoterminal propeptide (PIIINP): a fibrotest for the nephrologistBalsam El Ghoul
Department of Nephrology, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:205-10. 2010..Thus, a noninvasive alternative to KB is required. Collagen type III amino-terminal propeptide (PIIINP) is a degradation product of collagen type III, the increase of which may reflect an ongoing fibrotic process...
- [Fabry disease and cystinosis, two lysosomal diseases: similarities and differences]J P Grunfeld
Hopital Necker, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Rev Med Interne 31:S226-8. 2010..Intermediary mechanisms that lead from lysosomal overload to lesions and disease are still incompletely understood...
- Quantification of interstitial fibrosis by image analysis on routine renal biopsy in patients receiving cyclosporineAude Servais
Department of Renal Transplantation, Universite Paris 5 Rene Descartes, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
Transplantation 84:1595-601. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis to calculate IF on routine renal biopsies performed at 1 year posttransplant...
- Late-onset nephropathic cystinosis: clinical presentation, outcome, and genotypingAude Servais
Department of Nephrology, Necker Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:27-35. 2008....
- Nephronophthisis related to homozygous NPHP1 gene deletion as a cause of chronic renal failure in adultsGuillaume Bollée
Department of Nephrology, Paris 5 University, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2660-3. 2006
- Acute renal failure and febrile rash--infectious or not? Adult Kawasaki disease (KD)Khalil El Karoui
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:949-51. 2007
- Tubular transporters and clearance of adefovirAude Servais
Nephrology Department, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Eur J Pharmacol 540:168-74. 2006..Additional pharmacological inhibition of transporters decreased renal clearance, which may reflect inhibition of compensating transport mechanisms activated when MRP2 is lacking...