- Assessment of disease control in allergic rhinitisPascal Demoly
Allergy Division, Pulmonary Department, INSERM U657 EA2415, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, University Hospital of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Clin Transl Allergy 3:7. 2013..We conclude that there is a need for research in which severity is compared with control in terms of their effects on patient management...
- Endoscopic sinus surgery for sinonasal haemangiopericytomasElie Serrano
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Rangueil Hospital, 31403 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
J Laryngol Otol 116:951-4. 2002..5 years. We suggest that when the tumour is purely intranasal or strictly located in the ethmoid or sphenoid sinus, it can be removed via an endonasal approach under endoscopic guidance in experienced hands...
- [Allergic rhinitis]E Serrano
Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, Hopital de Rangueil, Toulouse
Rev Prat 50:1537-41. 2000..Surgical techniques should be reserved to patients who resist to medical treatment or to correct nasal architectural abnormality...
- [Prospective evaluation of the method of measurement of the peak nasal inspiratory flow (PNIF) in allergic rhinitis. Observational study "Pratic in ORL"]E Serrano
Hopital Larrey, Service ORL, 31059 Toulouse 9, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 128:173-7. 2007..To establish the ENT specialists's interest for the nasal obstruction measurement by the Peak Nasal Inspiratory Flow (PNIF) for the primary care medical management of patients with allergic rhinitis...
- Surgical management of paranasal sinus mucoceles: a long-term study of 60 casesElie Serrano
ENT Department, Rangueil University Hospital, Tolouse, France
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:133-40. 2004..Comprising the surgical experience of two collaborating universities, this paper describes the indications for the endonasal surgical approach and the long-term postoperative followup...
- [Nasal polyposis: long term functional results in 203 patients treated by ethmoidectomy combined with intranasal corticotherapy]M Folia
CHU de Rangueil, Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, 2 Avenue Jean Poulhes, F 31403 Toulouse, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 124:105-10. 2003..In this prospective study, each symptom was evaluated using an analogic visual scale and a questionnaire. The evolution of asthma after surgery and the patients global satisfactory rate were noted...
- A comparative immunohistochemistry study of diagnostic tools in salivary gland tumors: usefulness of mammaglobin, gross cystic disease fluid protein 15, and p63 cytoplasmic staining for the diagnosis of mammary analog secretory carcinoma?Fabrice Projetti
Department of Pathology, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Oral Pathol Med 44:244-51. 2015..Mammaglobin, GCDFP-15, and p63 staining have been reported in MASC. Our study was designed to check the specificity of these antibodies in MASC compared to other frequent tumors of salivary glands...
- Nasal polyposis in France: impact on sleep and quality of lifeElie Serrano
ENT Department, University Hospital of Toulouse, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Laryngol Otol 119:543-9. 2005..In addition to the discomfort and lowered QOL experienced by patients with this disease, a significant increase in sleep disorders was shown, suggesting a risk of suffering further chronic diseases and complications...
- Effect of treatment on maxillary sinus and nasal nitric oxide concentrations in patients with nosocomial maxillary sinusitisBruno Degano
Service de Pneomologie, CHU Larrey, TSA 30030, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Chest 128:1699-705. 2005..NO plays a major role in nonspecific immune defense of sinuses. We therefore aimed to study maxillary NO concentration during the treatment of MNS with drainage, daily lavage, and removal of any nasally introduced tube...
- Lymph node management in clinically node-negative patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaS Vergez
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Rangueil Larrey, Toulouse, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:777-82. 2010..The objective of this study was to study the pattern of lymph node spread in patients with PTC clinically node-negative and then to propose a lymph node management strategy...
- [Endonasal endoscopic approach in the treatment of sino-nasal inverted papillomas]J Percodani
Praticien Hospitalier, CHU Rangueil Larrey, 24, chemin de Pouvourville TSA 300 30, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 123:312-8. 2006..Nevertheless, the authors aim in this study to evaluate the advantages and the limits of this approach, to analyse its failures and its recurrences, and to define the indications for using it with the external or dissimulated approach...
- Endoscopic resection of sinonasal adenocarcinomasS Vergez
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 130:255-9. 2009..To evaluate the outcome and morbidity of endoscopic resection of sinonasal adenocarcinomas...
- [Voice after supracricoid partial laryngectomy: comparison of two phonatory mechanisms]V Woisard
CHU Toulouse, Hôpital Larrey Rangueil, Unite de la Voix et de la Deglutition, Service d otorhinolaryngologie et de chirurgie cervicofaciale, TSA 30030, F 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 125:319-24. 2004..The "contracted" mechanism tallies with the backward contraction of the base of the tongue and the contraction of the posterior pharyngeal wall compressing the neolarynx...
- Our experience with respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartomas of the olfactory cleftAnthony Al Hawat
Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, CHU Rangueil Larrey, chemin de Pouvourville, 31059, Toulouse, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 272:2867-70. 2015..Knowledge and identification of REAH of the olfactory cleft are fundamental. Knowledge, identification, and adequate treatment of these lesions are fundamental, as they limit the number of recurrences...
- Multicenter study to assess endoscopic resection of 159 sinonasal adenocarcinomasSebastien Vergez
Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital Rangueil Larrey, Toulouse, France
Ann Surg Oncol 21:1384-90. 2014..This study was designed to assess the efficacy and morbidity of the endoscopic endonasal approach for the treatment of sinonasal adenocarcinomas...
- Long-term oncological outcome after endoscopic surgery for olfactory esthesioneuroblastomaGuillaume De Bonnecaze
Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital Rangueil Larrey, Toulouse, France
Acta Otolaryngol 134:1259-64. 2014..Endoscopic techniques seem to be safe approaches for the treatment of esthesioneuroblastomas (ENBs). However, they are intended for selected patients and require extensive experience in base of the skull surgery...
- Endoscopic vs transfacial resection of sinonasal adenocarcinomasSebastien Vergez
Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Department, University Hospital Rangueil Larrey, Toulouse, France
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 146:848-53. 2012..Compare the survival and the complication rates of 2 comparable groups of patients who underwent either endoscopic or transfacial resection of a sinonasal adenocarcinoma...
- Prevalence of nasal polyposis in France: a cross-sectional, case-control studyJ M Klossek
ENT Department, hôpital J Bernard, University Hospital of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Allergy 60:233-7. 2005..The prevalence of nasal polyposis (NP) has never been established in France due to the lack of diagnostic tools for population-based studies...
- Is neuroendocrine differentiation useful to discriminate primary sinonasal intestinal-type adenocarcinomas from metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomas?Fabrice Projetti
Department of Pathology, Universitary Institute of Cancer, Toulouse, France Rangueil medical university, Toulouse, France
J Clin Pathol 68:79-82. 2015..This immunohistochemical study could be useful in difficult cases and should be an interesting complement in a clinical discussion. ..
- [Why is allergic rhinitis currently at the centre of a debate?]Elie Serrano
CHU Toulouse, Hopital Larrey, Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, TSA 30030, F 31059 Toulouse 9, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 124:269-75. 2003
- Nucleotide sequencing for diagnosis of sinusal infection by Schizophyllum commune, an uncommon pathogenic fungusOlivier Baron
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:3042-3. 2006..Schizophyllum commune, a basidiomycete fungus, is a rare cause of mycotic disease. We report here a case of sinusitis in a 35-year-old woman that underscores the value of molecular biology for the diagnosis of this fungal infection...
- [Clinical investigation of the function of nasal fossae]J Percodani
Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, CHU de Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 19:655-7. 2002
- Long-term study of fluticasone propionate aqueous nasal spray in acute and maintenance therapy of nasal polyposisR Jankowski
Hôpital Central de Nancy, Service ORL, Nancy, France
Allergy 64:944-50. 2009..Topical steroids are first-line medication to control nasal polyposis (NP), a disease with long-term clinical course...
- [Correlation between laryngoscopic examination and the gastroesophagial reflux in dysphonic patient]M Welby-Gieusse
Hopital Larrey, Service d Oto Rhino Laryngologie et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, TSA 30030, 31059 Toulouse 09, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 129:107-14. 2008..We studied the relationship between reflux disease and dysphonia. The research for the prevalence of reflux disease, in a dysphonic population, has been performed by a clinical and laryngoscopic survey...
- [Pseudoaneurysm of the internal carotid artery revelated by epistaxis: report of two cases]S Vergez
CHU Rangueil Larrey, Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, TSA 30030, 24 chemin de Pouvourville, 31059 Toulouse 9, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 126:151-4. 2005..They can be rapidly life-threatening. Usually resulting of a surgery or a traumatism, pseudoaneurysms can express themselves by recurrent epistaxis. Management of these epistaxis is discussed...
- Epidemiological and clinical aspects of nasal polyposis in France; the ORLI group experienceM Rugina
Hopital Intercommunal, Service ORL, Creteil, France
Rhinology 40:75-9. 2002..High rates of NP (52.66%) and asthma (43.58%) were found in the family history. Hereditary factors were suggested and lead us to further study the genetic factors potentially involved in this pathology...
- Value of investigation in the diagnosis of allergic fungal rhinosinusitis: results of a prospective studyE Serrano
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Laryngol Otol 115:184-9. 2001..The other immuno-allergic tests do not contribute to the diagnosis of allergic fungal rhinosinusitis. pathological, mycological, and..
- [Sinus mucoceles: diagnostic and surgical aspects (apropos of 8 cases treated with rhino-surgical endoscopy)]E Serrano
Service O.R.L, , Toulouse, France
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 46:287-92. 1992..Clinical signs are multiple and often delayed due to tumour localisation. CT-scan is the best diagnostical investigation and surgery the treatment of choice. Marsupialization under endoscopic control is becoming widespread...
- Evaluation of a diagnostic questionnaire for nasal polyposis: an observational, cross-sectional studyAbdelkader El Hasnaoui
Laboratoire Glaxo SmithKline, Marly le Roi, France
Rhinology 42:1-7. 2004..These diagnostic questionnaire and algorithm, although not substitutable to a clinical diagnosis, should be very useful for population-based studies...
- Exclusively endoscopic removal of juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma: trends and limitsGilles Roger
Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery, Armand Trousseau Children s Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:928-35. 2002..To determine the feasible conditions for exclusive endoscopic resection of juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma...