Jean François Schémann
- Mapping xerophthalmia in Mali: results of a national survey on regional distribution and related risk factorsJean François Schémann
IRD Institute Research for Development, Dakar, Senegal
J Am Coll Nutr 26:630-8. 2007....
- Trichiasis and geoclimatic factors in MaliJean François Schémann
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UR 24, BP 1386, Dakar, Senegal
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:996-1003. 2007..These opposite spatial distributions could be explained by differences in the pathogenic agent, the natural history of the disease, population susceptibility, grading process or vulnerable group behaviour...
- Longitudinal evaluation of three azithromycin distribution strategies for treatment of trachoma in a sub-Saharan African country, MaliJ F Schemann
Institute of Research for Development IRD, UR024, Centre IRD de Hann BP 1386, Dakar, Senegal
Acta Trop 101:40-53. 2007..In order to ascertain an efficient strategy model at an acceptable cost, an intervention study was conducted in Mali between May 2000 and February 2002...
- Trachoma, flies and environmental factors in Burkina FasoJ F Schemann
IOTA, Bamako, Mali
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 97:63-8. 2003....
- National immunisation days and vitamin A distribution in Mali: has the vitamin A status of pre-school children improved?J F Schemann
Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology IOTA, BP 248 Bamako, Mali
Public Health Nutr 6:233-44. 2003..Using a pre-post design, the change in prevalence of vitamin A deficiency was examined in pre-school children in Mali...
- Prevalence of undernutrition and vitamin A deficiency in the Dogon Region, MaliJean François Schémann
African Institute of Tropical Ophthalmology IOTA, Bamako, Mali
J Am Coll Nutr 21:381-7. 2002..A representative sample of 1510 preschool children living in the Bandiagra circle (Mopti Region, Mali) was examined between March and April 1997 to determine the level of vitamin A deficiency...
- Blindness and low vision in Cape Verde Islands: results of a national eye surveyJean François Schémann
Institute of Research for Development, IRD, UR24, Dakar, Senegal
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 13:219-26. 2006....
- Ocular lesions associated with malaria in children in MaliJean François Schémann
Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology, Bamako, Mali
Am J Trop Med Hyg 67:61-3. 2002..Coma score and convulsions were significantly associated with death but not with ocular signs. The presence of retinal signs in a child in a malaria-endemic area may signal a case of severe malaria...
- Risk factors for trachoma in MaliJ F Schemann
Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology, BP 248, Bamako, Mali
Int J Epidemiol 31:194-201. 2002..Prior to commencing a campaign to eliminate blinding trachoma in Mali, a national disease prevalence survey was conducted from March 1996 to June 1997. The prevalence of trachoma was estimated and potential risk factors were studied...
- From visual function deficiency to handicap: measuring visual handicap in MaliJean François Schémann
IOTA Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology, Bamako, Mali
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 9:133-48. 2002..b) To study the relationship between these variables and visual deficiencies by gender...
- [Trachoma in Senegal: results of a national survey]M B Saal
L Institut d Ophtalmologie Tropicale de l Afrique IOTA, Bamako, Mali
Med Trop (Mars) 63:53-9. 2003....