Affiliation: Sanofi-Synthelabo Recherche
- SR141716, a central cannabinoid (CB(1)) receptor antagonist, blocks the motivational and dopamine-releasing effects of nicotine in ratsC Cohen
Sanofi Synthelabo, Bagneux, France
Behav Pharmacol 13:451-63. 2002..Thus, SR141716 may be effective in reduction of alcohol consumption, as previously suggested, and as an aid for smoking cessation...
- SSR591813, a novel selective and partial alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptor agonist with potential as an aid to smoking cessationC Cohen
Central Nervous System Research Department, Sanofi Synthelabo Research, 31 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92220 Bagneux, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:407-20. 2003....
- Nicotine-associated cues maintain nicotine-seeking behavior in rats several weeks after nicotine withdrawal: reversal by the cannabinoid (CB1) receptor antagonist, rimonabant (SR141716)Caroline Cohen
Sanofi Synthelabo Recherche, Bagneux, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:145-55. 2005..Rimonabant, which has been shown previously to reduce nicotine self-administration, may be effective not only as an aid for smoking cessation but also in the maintenance of abstinence...
- Additional evidence for anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like activities of saredutant (SR48968), an antagonist at the neurokinin-2 receptor in various rodent-modelsCaroline Louis
Sanofi Aventis Research and Development, Psychopharmacology Department, 31 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92220 Bagneux, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:36-45. 2008..Together, these results suggest further that the NK2 receptor may represent an attractive target for the treatment of both depressive and anxiety disorders...
- Stimulation of the beta3-Adrenoceptor as a novel treatment strategy for anxiety and depressive disordersJeanne Stemmelin
Sanofi Aventis, CNS Research, Bagneux, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:574-87. 2008..Taken as a whole, these findings indicate that the pharmacological stimulation of beta3 adrenoceptors may represent an innovative approach for the treatment of anxiety and depressive disorders...
- Characterization of SSR103800, a selective inhibitor of the glycine transporter-1 in models predictive of therapeutic activity in schizophreniaDenis Boulay
Sanofi Aventis, CNS Department, 31 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Bagneux, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 91:47-58. 2008..o.), respectively. These findings suggest that SSR103800 may have a therapeutic potential in the management of the core symptoms of schizophrenia and comorbid depression states...
- CB1 receptor antagonists for the treatment of nicotine addictionCaroline Cohen
Sanofi Aventis, CNS Research Department, 31 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92220 Bagneux, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 81:387-95. 2005..Rimonabant may be considered as a potential alternative to the current substitutive treatments of nicotine addiction and may offer a new hope for the treatment of smokers who wish to quit...
- Implication of beta3-adrenoceptors in the antidepressant-like effects of amibegron using Adrb3 knockout mice in the chronic mild stressJeanne Stemmelin
Sanofi Aventis, CNS Research, 31 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92220 Bagneux, France
Behav Brain Res 206:310-2. 2010..This result suggests that the beta3-adrenoceptor plays a predominant role in mediating antidepressant-like actions of amibegron...
- Antidepressant-like effects of the corticotropin-releasing factor 1 receptor antagonist, SSR125543, and the vasopressin 1b receptor antagonist, SSR149415, in a DRL-72 s schedule in the ratCaroline Louis
CNS Research Department, Sanofi Aventis, Bagneux, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2180-7. 2006....
- SL651498, a GABAA receptor agonist with subtype-selective efficacy, as a potential treatment for generalized anxiety disorder and muscle spasmsGuy Griebel
CNS Research Department, Sanofi Synthelabo, 92220 Bagneux, France
CNS Drug Rev 9:3-20. 2003..SL651498 represents a promising alternative to agents currently used for the treatment of anxiety disorders and muscle spasms without the major side effects seen with classical BZs...
- Blockade by the cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist, rimonabant (SR141716), of the potentiation by quinelorane of food-primed reinstatement of food-seeking behaviorChristine Duarte
1INSERM U 288, Faculty of Medicine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:911-20. 2004..Overall, these results are consistent with the notion that endocannabinoid functions control brain reward processes and in particular the capacity of explicit stimuli to precipitate food-seeking behavior...