Affiliation: Saint Joseph Hospital
- [New perspective in chronic hepatitis B therapy]M Bourliere
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, 26, bd de Louvain, 13008 Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S64-9. 2008..However additional larger scale and more systematic studies of the understanding of HBV specific T-cell response have to be performed in order to select which patient can benefit of such therapies...
- Influence of insulin resistance on hepatic fibrosis and steatosis in hepatitis C virus (HCV) mono-infected compared with HIV-HCV co-infected patientsP Halfon
Laboratoire Alphabio, Marseille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 30:61-70. 2009..Few data have reported the influence of IR on steatosis and fibrosis in the context of HIV-HCV coinfection...
- Analogs and fibrosis regression in hepatitis BM Bourliere
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hopital Saint Joseph, 26, boulevard de Louvain, 13008 Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:923-9. 2009....
- Ledipasvir-sofosbuvir with or without ribavirin to treat patients with HCV genotype 1 infection and cirrhosis non-responsive to previous protease-inhibitor therapy: a randomised, double-blind, phase 2 trial (SIRIUS)Marc Bourliere
Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseilles, France Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 15:397-404. 2015..We assessed the efficacy and safety of the NS5A inhibitor ledipasvir and the nucleotide polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir, with and without ribavirin...
- Sofosbuvir as backbone of interferon free treatmentsMarc Bourliere
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseilles, France Electronic address
Dig Liver Dis 46:S212-20. 2014..Safety profile of sofosbuvir or combination with other DAAs is good. Resistance to sofosbuvir did not appear as a significant issue. The rationale for using this class of drug and the available clinical data are reviewed. ..
- How to optimize HCV therapy in genotype 1 patients with cirrhosisMarc Bourliere
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hospital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Liver Int 33:46-55. 2013..Ultimately, an interferon-free regimen of DAAs combinations will probably provide a SVR in patients with cirrhosis and will probably be proposed in patients with more advanced or decompensated cirrhosis...
- Future treatment of patients with HCV cirrhosisMarc Bourliere
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hospital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Liver Int 32:113-9. 2012..First generation protease inhibitors plus PR appear to be a new step forward in the management of HCV genotype 1 patients with cirrhosis...
- Meta-analyses of FibroTest diagnostic value in chronic liver diseaseThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, CNRS ESA 8067 Paris, France
BMC Gastroenterol 7:40. 2007....
- [Treatment of hepatitis C: therapeutic management]M Bourliere
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital St Joseph, 26, boulevard de Louvain, 13255 Marseille cedex 08, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S166-71. 2008
- Combining non-invasive methods for assessment of liver fibrosisM Bourliere
Department of Hepato gastroenterology Hôpital Saint Joseph, 26 Boulevard de Louvain, 13008 Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:73-9. 2008..They may also be useful in clinical practice and particularly for large-scale screening of HCV patients...
- [Treatment of hepatitis C]Marc Bourliere
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, 13008 Marseille, France
Rev Prat 61:55-60. 2011..New direct antiviral agents will become soon available and will lead to an improvement of sustained virological response with maybe more complex therapy leading to a new management of patients...
- Pegylated interferon-α2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C in a real-life setting: the Hepatys French cohort (2003-2007)Marc Bourliere
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Antivir Ther 17:101-10. 2012..The aim of this study was to document in real life the characteristics and management of hepatitis C patients treated with pegylated interferon-α2a and ribavirin, and the efficacy of treatment (sustained virological response [SVR])...
- [Severe hepatopathies in HIV patients. Epidemiology and diagnosis]M Bourliere
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, 26, boulevard de Louvain, 13008 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 34:1-3. 2004
- Epidemiological changes in hepatitis C virus genotypes in France: evidence in intravenous drug usersM Bourliere
Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Unit, Hopital Saint Joseph, France
J Viral Hepat 9:62-70. 2002....
- [Transmission of hepatitis B and C viruses from caregiver to patients: myths and reality]Marc Bourliere
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Fondation Hopital Saint Joseph, 26, bd de Louvain, 13008 Marseille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:291-3. 2003
- Optimized stepwise combination algorithms of non-invasive liver fibrosis scores including Hepascore in hepatitis C virus patientsM Bourliere
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:458-67. 2008..Non-invasive liver fibrosis scores such as Hepascore (HS) have been proposed as an alternative to liver biopsy in hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients...
- Retreatment with interferon and ribavirin vs interferon alone according to viraemia in interferon responder-relapser hepatitis C patients: a prospective multicentre randomized controlled studyI Portal
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hospital La Conception, 13008 Marseille, France
J Viral Hepat 10:215-23. 2003..In this study, it was found that low dose of ribavirin can be used safely and there is no effect of ribavirin dose on SR...
- Integrity of the NS5A (amino acid 2209 to 2248) region in hepatitis C virus 1b patients non-responsive to interferon therapyP Halfon
Laboratoire Alphabio, Hopital de la Conception, Marseilles, France
Liver 20:381-6. 2000..We tested the hypothesis that absence of mutations in the NS5A (aa 2209-2248) sequence is required for interferon resistance. We also investigated the importance of different HCV-1b isolates in interferon response in France...
- Assessment of spontaneous fluctuations of viral load in untreated patients with chronic hepatitis C by two standardized quantitation methods: branched DNA and Amplicor MonitorP Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
J Clin Microbiol 36:2073-5. 1998..9- to 5.6-fold with Monitor. These large spontaneous fluctuations (up to 0.75 log), observed daily, weekly, and monthly, raise doubt about the clinical value of a single assessment of pretherapeutic viremia...
- Epidemiological characteristics and response to peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment of hepatitis C virus genotype 4 infectionD Roulot
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hopital Jean Verdier, Bondy, France
J Viral Hepat 14:460-7. 2007..In conclusion, the distribution of HCV-4 subtypes varies with the geographical origin of transmission and affects the SVR following antiviral treatment...
- Mother-to-infant transmission of hepatitis C virus: molecular evidence of superinfection by homologous virus in childrenP Halfon
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Hopital de la Conception, CNRS, Marseilles, France
J Hepatol 30:970-8. 1999....
- [Analogs combination therapy in chronic hepatitis B: when and how?]A Kahloun
Service d Hépato gastroentérologie Hôpital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 34:S126-35. 2010....
- Slow viral dynamics of hepatitis C virus genotype 4P Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Virological Department, Marseille, France
J Viral Hepat 10:351-3. 2003..The viral dynamics parameters of HCV-4 appear similar to those of HCV-1 and slower than those of HCV-2. HCV-4 infected patients should be grouped with those with HCV-1 when therapeutic schemes are considered in relation to genotype...
- Covert transmission of hepatitis C virus during bloody fisticuffsM Bourliere
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Gastroenterology 119:507-11. 2000..This example of transmission could have a major impact in sports such as boxing or rugby. We suggest that in any fight, single use or nondisposable material should be used to dry blood to avoid such contamination...
- Multicentre study of hepatitis B virus genotypes in France: correlation with liver fibrosis and hepatitis B e antigen statusP Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Marseille, France
J Viral Hepat 13:329-35. 2006..Genotype A was associated with HBeAg positivity and genotype D with HBe antibody positivity. In our European patients, we find no clear association between a given HBV genotype and liver disease severity...
- Neutralizing antibodies to interferon-α and circulating interferon in patients with chronic hepatitis C non-responding to pegylated interferon plus ribavirin re-treated by pegylated interferon-α-2a and ribavirin (ANRS HC16 GAMMATRI substudy)Philippe Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Marseille, France
J Med Virol 82:2027-31. 2010..Among non-selected consecutive non-responder patients, re-treatment with PEG IFN-α-2a + RIBA is associated with virological response regardless of the presence of antibody-mediated resistance to conventional IFN treatment...
- Validation and comparison of indexes for fibrosis and cirrhosis prediction in chronic hepatitis C patients: proposal for a pragmatic approach classification without liver biopsiesM Bourliere
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Saint Joseph Hospital, Marseille, France
J Viral Hepat 13:659-70. 2006..The combination of all tests without liver biopsy allowed 191/235 (81.3%) patients to be correctly classified; liver biopsy remained mandatory in some patients (18.7%)...
- Hepatitis C virus genotyping based on 5' noncoding sequence analysis (Trugene)P Halfon
Departement de Virologie, Laboratoire Alphabio, 23 Rue de Friedland, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 13006, Marseille, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:1771-3. 2001..The Trugene and InnoLiPA assays gave concordant results within HCV types in 100% of cases. The ability to discriminate at the subtype level was 76 and 74% for the Trugene and the InnoLiPA assays, respectively...
- [Nucleoside analogues resistance in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection]P Halfon
Departement de Virologie, Laboratoire Alphabio, Marseille, France
Rev Med Interne 24:786-93. 2003..In this review, the underlying mechanisms of resistance and the characterisation of HBV mutants are described to optimize the best therapeutic regimen...
- Effectiveness of interferon plus ribavirin combination in the treatment of naive patients with hepatitis C virus type 5. A French multicentre retrospective studyC Bonny
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:593-600. 2006..To assess the rate of sustained virological response in naïve hepatitis C virus-type 5 patients treated by standard interferon or pegylated-interferon [corrected] (peg-interferon) and ribavirin combination for 48 weeks...
- Optimization and robustness of blood tests for liver fibrosis and cirrhosisPaul Cales
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU, Angers, France
Clin Biochem 43:1315-22. 2010..To optimize the performance and feasibility of fibrosis blood tests and evaluate their robustness...
- [Liver and antiretrovirals: hepatotoxicity, steatosis and monitoring of patients with liver disease]Marc Bourliere
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, 26 Boulevard de Louvain, Marseille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:895-905. 2007
- Serological response to infection with different isolates of hepatitis C virusP Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Marseille, France
J Viral Hepat 9:438-42. 2002..These results demonstrate that using a single test is adequate in the routine diagnosis of HCV infection in clinical laboratory, as recommended by the last French and European consensus conference...
- Chlormezanone-induced fulminant hepatitis in a pregnant woman: successful delivery and liver transplantationM Bourliere
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:339-41. 1992..The mother and her baby were in good condition 26 months after liver transplantation. In this case, chlormezanone was probably responsible for the fulminant hepatitis...
- [Clinical practice guidelines on the use of liver biopsy]Jean Baptiste Nousbaum
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU La Cavale Blanche, Brest, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:848-78. 2002
- Daily or three times a week interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin or interferon alone for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis CVictor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Pessac, France
J Hepatol 36:672-80. 2002..We compared the efficacy and safety of daily interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin with those of interferon alfa-2b three times a week alone or in combination with ribavirin...
- Daily or three times per week interferon alpha-2b in combination with ribavirin or interferon alone for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to previous interferon aloneVictor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Hepatol 36:819-26. 2002....
- [Future perspectives and strategies in managing resistance to analogue antiviral drugs in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B]Marc Bourliere
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, 26 bd de Louvain, 13008 Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:3S34-6. 2006
- [Sarcoidosis following pegylated interferon therapy: two cases]Souad Benali
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:615-9. 2006..The second patient developed cutaneous lesions after 6 months of treatment. Resolution occurred after the discontinuation of the treatment. In these two cases ribavirin was stopped before the first signs of sarcoidosis...
- [Inactive carrier of hepatitis B virus]Marc Bourliere
Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Joseph, Marseille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:369-73. 2005