Affiliation: rue Manin
- Tax gene expression and cell cycling but not cell death are selected during HTLV-1 infection in vivoLinda Zane
CNRS UMR5239, Universite de Lyon, Oncovirologie et Biothérapies, Centre Leon Berard, 69008 Lyon, France
Retrovirology 7:17. 2010..HTLV-1 expression is cancer-prone in vitro, but in vivo numerous selection forces act to maintain T cell homeostasis and are possibly involved in clonal selection...
- Facial diplegia complicating a bilateral internal carotid artery dissectionO Gout
Departments of Neurology, Interventional Neuroradiology, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, Paris, France
Stroke 30:681-6. 1999..We report a case of facial diplegia complicating a bilateral internal carotid artery dissection...
- Prior suggestive symptoms in one-third of patients consulting for a "first" demyelinating eventO Gout
Service de Neurologie, Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, 25 27 rue Manin, Paris 75019, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:323-5. 2011..To evaluate the prevalence of prior inflammatory events in patients consulting for a first inflammatory neurological event and improve early diagnosis of multiple sclerosis...
- Prognostic value of cerebrospinal fluid analysis at the time of a first demyelinating eventOlivier Gout
Department of Neurology, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, France
Mult Scler 17:164-72. 2011..This study aimed to assess the value of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) findings for predicting conversion to clinically definite multiple sclerosis (CDMS)...
- [Current treatment of multiple sclerosis]O Gout
Service de Neurologie, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, 25 27, rue Manin, 75019 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 31:575-80. 2010..Lately, in 2002, mitoxantrone was approved for aggressive relapsing-remitting MS and in 2007 the first monoclonal antibody (natalizumab) was approved for active relapsing-remitting MS...
- Microangiopathy of the inner ear, retina, and brain (Susac syndrome): report of a caseD Ayache
Department of Ears, Nose, and Throat, Fondation Adolphe de Rothschild, Paris, France
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:82-4. 2000..In this article, we report a new case of Susac syndrome and discuss the diagnosis, physiopathologic characteristics, and treatment of this disease...
- [Sub-cortico-frontal encephalopathy and choreic movements related to recombinant interferon-alpha 2b]A Moulignier
Fondation Adolphe de Rothschild, Service de Neurologie, 25 rue Manin, 75940 Paris Cedex 19
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:567-72. 2002....
- Abnormal inflammatory activity returns after natalizumab cessation in multiple sclerosisAntoine Gueguen
Department of Neurology, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 85:1038-40. 2014..To characterise recurrence of multiple sclerosis (MS) inflammatory activity during the year following natalizumab (NTZ) cessation...
- Plasma exchange response in 34 patients with severe optic neuritisRomain Deschamps
Service de Neurologie, Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, 25 rue Manin, 75019, Paris, France
J Neurol 263:883-7. 2016..In conclusion, this observational study showed that PLEX as second-line therapy led to a functionally important visual recovery in more than half patients with severe optic neuritis. ..
- Immunosuppressive therapy is more effective than interferon in neuromyelitis opticaC Papeix
Department of Neurology, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Mult Scler 13:256-9. 2007..The probability of relapse was significantly lower in the IS Group (P =0.0007). From our results, interferon beta is not recommended, and one of the best current therapeutic options for NMO appears to be immunosuppressants...
- Encephalitis and CSF increased level of interferon-α in Kikuchi-Fujimoto diseaseAntoine Gueguen
Neurology Department, Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, Paris, France
BMJ Case Rep 2012:. 2012..The encephalitis spontaneously remitted. The authors characterised brain lesions especially related to KFD in association with increased of IFN-α level in the CSF...
- High doses of biotin in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: a pilot studyFrédéric Sedel
Neurology Department, AP HP, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France Neuro Metabolic Unit and Reference Center for Lysosomal Diseases, GRC13UPMC, Pierre and Marie Curie University Paris 6, AP HP, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Mult Scler Relat Disord 4:159-69. 2015..Biotin is a vitamin acting as a coenzyme for carboxylases involved in key steps of energy metabolism and fatty acids synthesis. Among others, biotin activates acetylCoA carboxylase, a potentially rate-limiting enzyme in myelin synthesis...
- Criteria improving multiple sclerosis diagnosis at the first MRINathalie Caucheteux
Service de Neurologie, CHU Reims, Hopital Maison Blanche, 45 rue Cognacq Jay, 51092, Reims Cedex, France
J Neurol 262:979-87. 2015..Nevertheless, prospective studies are needed to establish specificity and to confirm these findings...
- A brainstem inflammatory lesion causing REM sleep behavior disorder and sleepwalking (parasomnia overlap disorder)Nadege Limousin
Inserm UMR and Pierre and Marie Curie University, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, Paris, France
Sleep Med 10:1059-62. 2009..The RBD and sleepwalking did not improve with clonazepam, but improved with melatonin 9 mg/d. The unilateral small lesion of the pontine tegmentum could be responsible for the parasomnia overlap disorder as in other rare lesional cases...
- Cancer risk and impact of disease-modifying treatments in patients with multiple sclerosisChristine Lebrun
Service de Neurologie, CHU Pasteur, 06002 Nice, France
Mult Scler 14:399-405. 2008..From 1 January 1995 to 30 June 2006, we collected and studied the profile of 7,418 MS patients gathered from nine French MS centers. We evaluated the incidence of cancer in a Cancer Risk In MS Cohort...
- [Susac syndrome: study of five cases]E Maillart
Service de Neurologie, Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, 25 29, rue Manin, 75940 Paris Cedex 19, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:575-82. 2009..The classic clinical triad includes multiple neurologic signs (from headaches to coma), retinal branch occlusions and sensorineural hearing loss...
- [Use of mitoxantrone in early multiple sclerosis with malignant disease course. Observational study in 30 patients with clinical and MRI outcomes after one year]S Ory
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Pontchaillou, rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35033 Rennes Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:1028-34. 2008..In an observational multicenter study, we analyzed retrospectively 30 patients with malignant form of multiple sclerosis (MS) treated with mitoxantrone the year following the first neurological event...
- Interferon-beta treatment in patients with childhood-onset multiple sclerosisY Mikaeloff
Department of Neuropediatrics, Saint-Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr 139:443-6. 2001..We present a report of the use of interferon-beta before 18 years of age in 16 patients with childhood-onset multiple sclerosis. This study demonstrated that the treatment is safe and well tolerated...
- Idiopathic acute transverse myelitis: application of the recent diagnostic criteriaJ de Seze
Department of Neurology, University of Lille, France
Neurology 65:1950-3. 2005..In a retrospective study of 288 patients with ATM, 45 cases (15.6%) met the criteria for idiopathic ATM. The patients formed a relatively homogeneous group in terms of clinical and MRI data, but the prognosis was highly variable...
- Vaccinations and multiple sclerosisO Gout
Federation of Neurology, Hĵpital de la Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Neurol Sci 22:151-4. 2001..Nevertheless, molecular mimicry between HB antigen(s) and one or more myelin proteins, or a non-specific activation of autoreactive lymphocytes, could constitute possible pathogenetic mechanisms for these adverse neurological events...