- Rat brain endothelial cell lines for the study of blood-brain barrier permeability and transport functionsFrancoise Roux
INSERM U26, Hopital Fernand Widal, 75010 Paris, France
Cell Mol Neurobiol 25:41-58. 2005..The strategies developed for the production of these RBE cell lines will enable the characterization of still more efficient permeability models, as well as the immortalization of human brain endothelial cells...
- P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) but not multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (ABCC1) is induced by doxorubicin in primary cultures of rat astrocytesClaire Mercier
INSERM U26, Hopital Fernand Widal, Paris, France
J Neurochem 87:820-30. 2003..Our results provide evidence that DOX up-regulates a functional P-gp in primary cultures of rat astrocytes and might cause astrocyte apoptosis via the ceramide pathway...
- Expression, up-regulation, and transport activity of the multidrug-resistance protein Abcg2 at the mouse blood-brain barrierSalvatore Cisternino
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U26, Hopital Fernand Widal, Paris, France
Cancer Res 64:3296-301. 2004....
- Expression of P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) and Mrp1 (ABCC1) in adult rat brain: focus on astrocytesClaire Mercier
INSERM U26, Hopital Fernand Widal, 200 rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Brain Res 1021:32-40. 2004..These findings provide new insights into the cerebral distribution of two ABC transporters linked to multidrug resistance (MDR)...
- Expression of drug transporters at the blood-brain barrier using an optimized isolated rat brain microvessel strategySalah Yousif
INSERM U705, CNRS, UMR 7157, University Paris 5, Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction, Laboratory of Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hopital Fernand Widal, Paris, France
Brain Res 1134:1-11. 2007..Our results showed that the strategy consisting of identifying gene expression at different steps of the protocol is useful to identify cells containing mRNA at the BBB and give overall similar results with protein expression...