Christian H Roux
- Femoro-tibial knee osteoarthritis: One or two X-rays? Results from a population-based studyChristian Hubert Roux
Rheumatology Department, LAHMESS Laboratory EA 6309, University Sophia Antipolis, Hopital l Archet 1, CHU de Nice, 262, avenue Saint Antoine de Ginestière, 06202 Nice, France Electronic address
Joint Bone Spine 83:37-42. 2016..Our objective was to compare the use of both anteroposterior (AP) extended-knee X-ray and semi-flexed X-ray (current gold standard) versus the use of semi-flexed X-ray alone to detect femoro-tibial osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Etanercept compared to intraarticular corticosteroid injection in rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind, randomized pilot studyChristian H Roux
Rheumatology Department, Hospital l Archet 1, 242 Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06200 Nice, France
J Rheumatol 38:1009-11. 2011..To compare etanercept (anti-tumor necrosis factor-α) with intraarticular (IA) corticosteroid injections to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Screening for hip and knee osteoarthritis in the general population: predictive value of a questionnaire and prevalence estimatesC H Roux
Rheumatology Department, CHU Nice, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1406-11. 2008..To study the feasibility and validity of a two-step telephone screening procedure for symptomatic knee and hip osteoarthritis (OA) in the general population...
- Injection of intra-articular sodium hyaluronidate (Sinovial) into the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb (CMC1) in osteoarthritis. A prospective evaluation of efficacyChristian Roux
University Hospital l Archet 1, Rheumatology Department, CHU Nice, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:368-72. 2007..To compare the efficacy on pain relief and function of one, two or three injections of intra-articular hyaluronic acid in symptomatic osteoarthritis (OA) of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb (CMCJ)...
- Pregnancy in rheumatology patients exposed to anti-tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha therapyC H Roux
Rheumatology Department, University Hospital, Nice, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:695-8. 2007..The objectives of the present article are to report experience of anti-TNF-alpha use in pregnancy, and review the international literature...
- Rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthropathies: geographical variations in prevalence in FranceChristian H Roux
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital, Nice, France
J Rheumatol 34:117-22. 2007..To determine geographical variation in the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and spondyloarthropathies (SpA) in France...
- Safety of anti-TNF-alpha therapy in rheumatoid arthritis and spondylarthropathies with concurrent B or C chronic hepatitisC H Roux
Hospital l Archet 1, Rheumatology Department, 242 Avenue de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06200 Nice, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1294-7. 2006..To assess the safety of anti-tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or spondylarthropathies (SA) and concurrent chronic hepatitis B or C...
- Pleural amyloidosis as the first sign of IgD multiple myelomaChristian Hubert Roux
Service de Rhumatologie du Professeur L Euller Ziegler, CHU Archet I de NICE, Hopital l Archet 1, BP 3079 06202, Nice Cedex 3, France
Clin Rheumatol 24:294-5. 2005..Pleural effusion can happen first in IgD myeloma, but our observation is of interest in that it confirms the very rare possibility of pleural amyloid and plasmocytic localisations devoid of pleural effusion...
- Lumbosacral pain: chordoma--a diagnosis not to forgetChristian Hubert Roux
Hopital l Archet 1, Service de Rhumatologie du Professeur L Euller Ziegler, CHU Archet I de NICE, BP 3079 06202 NICE cedex 3, France
Clin Rheumatol 26:781-3. 2007..Clinical manifestations can differ according to different localizations and to insidious and slow evolution. Our case is an illustration of diagnosis and treatment difficulties. Chordomas remain a diagnosis to be reminded...
- Peripheral neurogenic tumors: is the use of different types of imaging diagnostically useful?Nicolas Amoretti
Services d Imagerie Médicale, Centre Hospitalier Régional et Universitaire de Nice, Hopital Archet 2, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079 F, Nice Cedex 3, France
Clin Imaging 30:201-5. 2006..The use of 3D US will be sufficient for the diagnosis and preoperative evaluation of a lesion when it is possible to furnish the volumetric data and the tools necessary for data analysis in a single document (in a CD)...
- Clinical follow-up of 50 patients treated by percutaneous lumbar discectomyNicolas Amoretti
Service d Imagerie Médicale et Interventionelle, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hopital L Archet, F 06202 Nice Cedex 2, France
Clin Imaging 30:242-4. 2006..We noted an improvement of more than 70% in 79% of the posterolateral foraminal or extraforaminal hernias, although these favorable results were observed only in 50% of the posteromedian hernias...
- Shoulder distension arthrography in adhesive capsulitisNicolas Amoretti
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hôpital L Archet 2, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079, Nice Cedex 3, F 06292 Nice, France
Clin Imaging 30:254-6. 2006..We report on our technique, which was performed on a series of 200 patients, and on the results observed in 27 patients with a precise evaluation of progressive changes in movements of the joint...
- Burst fracture of the spine involving vertebrae presenting no other lesions: the role of vertebroplastyNicolas Amoretti
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hopital L Archet, Nice, France
Clin Imaging 29:379-82. 2005..In one case, the improvement in the persistent painful symptoms was of no significance. Controls by computed tomography (CT). Which were performed after 3 months showed a satisfactory consolidation of the fractured vertebrae...
- Combined CT and fluoroscopic guidance of balloon kyphoplasty versus fluoroscopy-only proceduresNicolas Amoretti
Service de Radiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, Nice 06200, France
Skeletal Radiol 38:703-7. 2009..To evaluate the performance of combined (computed tomography (CT) and fluoroscopic) guidance of balloon kyphoplasty in comparison to fluoroscopic guidance alone...
- Septic knee arthritis after intra-articular hyaluronate injection. Two case reportsChristine Albert
Rheumatology Department, Archet 1 Teaching Hospital, CHU de Nice, 151 rte St Antoine de Ginestiére, BP 3079, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
Joint Bone Spine 73:205-7. 2006..Faultless aseptic technique is essential when administering hyaluronate viscosupplementation. Patients should be informed of the risk of septic arthritis...
- Chondrocalcinosis secondary to hypomagnesemia in Gitelman's syndromeHang Korng Ea
Rheumatology Department, Rene Descartes University, France
J Rheumatol 32:1840-2. 2005..Additionally, the association between GS (NCCT inactivation) and high bone mineral density provides a new insight into the possible role of thiazides in osteoporosis management...
- Accuracy of patient-reported height loss and risk factors for height loss among postmenopausal womenKarine Briot
Department of Rheumatology, Hôpital Cochin and Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
CMAJ 182:558-62. 2010..We undertook this study to compare reported and measured loss of height among post-menopausal women in a primary care setting. We also analyzed the determinants of this height loss...
- How long should patients take medications for postmenopausal osteoporosis?Karine Briot
Rheumatology Department, Paris Descartes University, School of Medecine, 75014 Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:24-31. 2007..Thus, 4 years may be appropriate for anti-resorptive drug therapy. However, the optimal treatment duration should be determined on a case-by-case basis according to the results of regular fracture-risk evaluations...
- Prospective assessment of thoracic kyphosis in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisChristian Roux
Paris Descartes University, Cochin Hospital, Rheumatology Department, Paris, France
J Bone Miner Res 25:362-8. 2010..Thoracic kyphosis progression over three years is lower in a subgroup of strontium ranelate-treated patients compared with placebo-treated patients...
- Increase in vertebral fracture risk in postmenopausal women using omeprazoleChristian Roux
Rheumatology Department, AP HP Cochin Hospital, Paris Descartes University, 27 rue Faubourg Saint Jacques, Paris 75014, France
Calcif Tissue Int 84:13-9. 2009..Further studies are required to determine the mechanism of the association between the underlying gastric disease, omeprazole use, and risk of osteoporotic fractures...
- TNFalpha antagonist continuation rates in 442 patients with inflammatory joint diseaseOlivier Brocq
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU l Archet 1, BP79, Nice Cedex 3, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:148-54. 2007..To evaluate TNFalpha antagonist continuation rates in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), ankylosing spondylitis (AS), or psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- New-onset psoriatic palmoplantaris pustulosis following infliximab therapy: a class effect?Christian Hubert Roux
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital, Nice, France
J Rheumatol 34:434-7. 2007..Given the rarity of this side effect, its elucidation will require systematic study...
- Cutaneous vasculitis and glomerulonephritis in a patient taking the anti-TNF alpha agent etanercept for rheumatoid arthritisChristian Hubert Roux
Joint Bone Spine 71:444-5. 2004
- Hyperamylasemia and back pain: an exceptional association revealing multiple myelomaChristian Hubert Roux
Joint Bone Spine 74:112-3. 2007