Genomes and Genes
- In vivo prevention of bladder urotoxicity: purified hydroxytyrosol ameliorates urotoxic effects of cyclophosphamide and buthionine sulfoximine in miceKamel Rouissi
Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology, University of El Manar I, Tunis, Tunisia
Int J Toxicol 30:419-27. 2011..The restoration of GSH through the treatment with the hydroxytyrosol extract can play an important role in reversing CP-induced apoptosis and free radical-mediated LPO. ..
- Smoking and polymorphisms in xenobiotic metabolism and DNA repair genes are additive risk factors affecting bladder cancer in Northern TunisiaKamel Rouissi
Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, University of El Tunis Manar I, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Oncol Res 17:879-86. 2011..So, we have shown a strong cumulative effect of tobacco and different combinations of studied genetic risk factors which lead to a great susceptibility to bladder cancer...
- Smoking and polymorphisms in folate metabolizing genes and their effects on the histological stage and grade for bladder tumorsKamel Rouissi
University of El Manar I, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology, Tunisia
Bull Cancer 98:E1-10. 2011..68; 95% CI: 1.12-2.54). Moreover, we have shown that patients having at least one copy of 2R allele were at 4.23-fold increased risk for developing high grade tumors compared to reference group (P = 0.022)...
- Polymorphisms in one-carbon metabolism pathway genes and risk for bladder cancer in a Tunisian populationKamel Rouissi
Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, El Mannar I, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 195:43-53. 2009..Finally, this study evidenced that interaction between gene variations involved in folate metabolism and risk of bladder cancer increased dramatically among smokers...
- The effect of tobacco, XPC, ERCC2 and ERCC5 genetic variants in bladder cancer developmentKamel Rouissi
Laboratory of Genetic, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, University of El Manar I Tunis, Tunisia
BMC Cancer 11:101. 2011..We have also tried to evaluate whether these variants affect the bladder tumor stage and grade...
- Combined effect of smoking and inherited polymorphisms in arylamine N-acetyltransferase 2, glutathione S-transferases M1 and T1 on bladder cancer in a Tunisian populationKamel Rouissi
Laboratory of Genetic, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, El Mannar I 2092, Tunis, Tunisia
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 190:101-7. 2009..02; or=12; ci 95% 1-323.76)...
- Combined analysis of smoking, TP53, and FGFR3 mutations in Tunisian patients with invasive and superficial high-grade bladder tumorsSlah Ouerhani
Laboratory of Genetic, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, El Mannar I, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Cancer Invest 27:998-1007. 2009..Finally, we have found that the FGFR3wt/TP53mut genotype, which was associated with advanced bladder tumors; was overrepresented in light smokers (PY < 40) compared to nonsmoker patients (p =.01)...
- MTHFR gene polymorphisms and bladder cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis including race, smoking status and tumour stageSoumaya Kouidhi
Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Manar I, Tunis, Tunisia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:2227-32. 2011..Further evaluation based on more studies with larger groups of patients are now required...
- Combined effect of NAT2, MTR and MTHFR genotypes and tobacco on bladder cancer susceptibility in Tunisian populationSlah Ouerhani
Laboratory of Genetic, Immunology and Human Pathology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, Tunisia
Cancer Detect Prev 32:395-402. 2009..Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and methionine synthase (MTR) are enzymes that play central roles in the folate metabolic pathway. The MTHFR 677*T and MTR 2756*G variants are associated with decreased enzyme activity...
- Relationship of thyroid function with obesity and type 2 diabetes in euthyroid Tunisian subjectsSoumaya Kouidhi
Laboratoire de Genetique, Immunologie et Pathologies Humaines, Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences de Tunis, Campus, Universite Tunis El Manar, Tunis, Tunisia
Endocr Res 38:15-23. 2013....