Affiliation: Rouen University Hospital
- Erythropoietin and renin as biological markers in critically ill patientsFabienne Tamion
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Crit Care 8:R328-35. 2004..The aim of the present study was to assess the role of EPO and renin as biological markers in patients with septic shock...
- Gastric emptying in mechanically ventilated critically ill patients: effect of neuromuscular blocking agentFabienne Tamion
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Charles Nicolle, Rouen University, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1717-22. 2003..To assess gastrointestinal function in critically ill patients receiving muscle relaxant and to test clinical tolerance to enteral nutrition...
- Protective effects of heme-oxygenase expression against endotoxic shock: inhibition of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and augmentation of interleukin-10Fabienne Tamion
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
J Trauma 61:1078-84. 2006..The objective of this study was to improve the role of HO-1 on systemic inflammatory response in an endotoxic shock model...
- Myocardial dysfunction in early state of endotoxemia role of heme-oxygenase-1Fabienne Tamion
Inserm Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Rouen University Medical School, Rouen, France
J Surg Res 158:94-103. 2010....
- [Albumin in sepsis]F Tamion
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU de Rouen, 1 rue de Germont, Rouen, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:629-34. 2010..Further trials are needed to confirm theses observations and to clearly demonstrate whether albumin should be administered in critically ill patients with hypoalbuminemia...
- Induction of heme-oxygenase-1 prevents the systemic responses to hemorrhagic shockF Tamion
INSERM E9920, IFRMP and Service de Réanimation Médicale, Rouen University Hospital, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1933-8. 2001..Interventions that induce HO-1 may be beneficial in the treatment of shock states, leading to a reduced systemic inflammatory response...
- Intestinal preconditioning prevents inflammatory response by modulating heme oxygenase-1 expression in endotoxic shock modelFabienne Tamion
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U644, Rouen University Medical School, Rouen, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G1308-14. 2007..Identification of the exact mechanisms responsible for intestine HO-1 induction may lead to the development of new pharmacological interventions...
- Toll-like receptors 4 contribute to endothelial injury and inflammation in hemorrhagic shock in miceYgal Benhamou
INSERM U644, Institute for Biomedical Research and IFRMP 23, Rouen University Medical School, Rouen, France
Crit Care Med 37:1724-8. 2009..Because proinflammatory mediators are a critical event in mesenteric endothelial injury induced by HS/R, we assessed the role of TLR4 or TLR2 in this setting...
- Changes in mesenteric vascular reactivity and inflammatory response after cardiopulmonary bypass in a rat modelFabien Doguet
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Ann Thorac Surg 77:2130-7; author reply 2137. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess mesenteric endothelium-dependent reactivity and vasoconstrictor responses of small mesenteric arteries in a rat model of CPB without aortic cross-clamping...
- [Evaluation of NT-proBNP as an early biological marker of cardiac dysfunction in septic shock]B Verdier
Département d anesthésiologie réanimation chirurgicale et Samu, Universite de Rouen, Institut hospitalo universitaire de recherche biomédicale, CHU de Rouen, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:135-40. 2008..To evaluate the NT-proBNP as a biological diagnosis marker of the myocardial dysfunction in septic shock...
- Serum erythropoietin levels in septic shockF Tamion
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Radioanalysis Laboratory, Hematology Laboratory and Department of Biostatistics, Rouen University Hospital, France
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:578-84. 2005..e. lactate levels or PCO2 gap. This relationship could suggest tissue hypoperfusion as the stimulating factor for erythropoietin production in septic shock...
- Fomepizole (4-methylpyrazole) in fatal methanol poisoning with early CT scan cerebral lesionsC Girault
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Rouen, France
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 37:777-80. 1999..To our knowledge, its use has never been reported as an antidote in severe methanol poisoning requiring hemodialysis...
- [Aortic bioprosthesis implanted percutaneously: three year follow up]H Eltchaninoff
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Rouen
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:901, 904-8. 2007..Other implantable prostheses are under evaluation. This therapeutic modality looks likely to develop rapidly, and in the near future it should offer a new and optimal solution for all high surgical risk or non-operable patients...
- A shock associated with adult-onset Still's diseaseO Mejjad
Department of Rheumatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rouen, France
Joint Bone Spine 68:76-8. 2001..We report a case of shock in a man with adult-onset Still's disease and discuss the relationship between the two processes by assessing tumor necrosis factor-alpha, procalcitonin and interleukin-6 concentrations...
- Adverse effect of polyvalent immunoglobulin in the treatment of Guillain-Barre syndromeP Chamouni
Unité d Hémovigilance, Département d épidémiologie et de santé publique, CHU de Rouen, 1, rue de Germont, 76031, Rouen Cedex, France
Transfus Apher Sci 28:117-24. 2003..Therefore, the use of IVIG in the intensive care unit can cause some problems...
- Double relapse of incomplete form of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraP Chamouni
Unité d Hémovigilance, Département d épidémiologie et de santé publique, CHU de Rouen, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Cedex, Rouen, France
Transfus Apher Sci 28:129-33. 2003..According to the literature, mortality and morbidity are significantly improved with plasma exchange (PE). Nevertheless, the management and treatment of relapses remain problematic...
- Gastric mucosal acidosis and cytokine release in patients with septic shockFabienne Tamion
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Rouen University Hospital, Charles Nicolle, France
Crit Care Med 31:2137-43. 2003..Although experimental studies support this hypothesis, humans studies remain controversial. The aim of the study was to determine the relationship between splanchnic hypoperfusion and cytokine release during septic shock...
- Interface strategy during noninvasive positive pressure ventilation for hypercapnic acute respiratory failureChristophe Girault
Department of Medical Intensive Care, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Crit Care Med 37:124-31. 2009..To assess the influence of initial mask choice on the clinical effectiveness and tolerance of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) in the management of hypercapnic acute respiratory failure...
- Hemorrhagic shock resuscitation affects early and selective mesenteric artery endothelial function through a free radical-dependent mechanismGuillaume Savoye
INSERM E9920, IFRMP 23, Department of Pharmacology, Rouen University Medical School, 76183 Rouen, France
Shock 23:411-6. 2005..H/R is associated with a mesenteric hyporeactivity through an induction of NOS and may be prevented by scavenging free radicals. This early impairment in endothelial function is associated with a local inflammatory response...
- D-lactate is not a reliable marker of gut ischemia-reperfusion in a rat model of supraceliac aortic clampingOlivier Collange
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, France
Crit Care Med 34:1415-9. 2006..We sought to assess D-lactate as a reliable marker of gut IR in a rat model of supraceliac aortic clamping...
- [Interest of D-lactate as a colic hypoperfusion marker during aortic abdominal aneurysm surgery]O Collange
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, 76031 Rouen, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:940-6. 2006..Its bacterial origin should make it a marker of translocation during gut ischemia. The aim was to test D-lactate as a postoperative marker of colic hypoperfusion measured during aortic surgery...
- [Quality of care assessment and nosocomial pneumonia in the intensive care unit]C Girault
Service de Réanimation Médicale Hôpital Charles Nicolle, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Hôpitaux de Rouen, Rouen, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:4S27-4S43. 2006..Ventilator-associated pneumonia is the most frequent and severe form of NP...
- Influence of respiratory rate on gas trapping during low volume ventilation of patients with acute lung injuryJean Christophe Richard
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
Intensive Care Med 28:1078-83. 2002..The aim of this study was to test whether a high respiratory rate induces significant intrinsic positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEPi) in these patients...
- Long term outcome of patients with low level of cryoglobulin (<0.05g/L)V Eble
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, and INSERM U 905, University of Rouen IFRMP, Institute for Biochemical Research, Rouen, France
Autoimmun Rev 15:440-6. 2016..05g/L and those exhibiting cryoglobulin level >0.05g/L...
- [Bickerstaff's brainstem encephalitis]G Grézis
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU Charles Nicolle, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
Rev Med Interne 26:748-50. 2005..Bickerstaff's brainstem encephalitis represents a differential diagnostic that must be discuss with meningoencephalitis with ophtalmoplegia, ataxia and confusion...
- Intestinal preconditioning prevents systemic inflammatory response in hemorrhagic shock. Role of HO-1Fabienne Tamion
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Rouen University Medical School and Rouen University Hospital, France 76183
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G408-14. 2002..These results suggest that intestinal ischemia-reperfusion is a major trigger for inflammatory response and organ injury in nonseptic shock. HO-1 appears to play an important role in the protective effect of intestinal preconditioning...
- Six-month outcome of emergency percutaneous coronary intervention in resuscitated patients after cardiac arrest complicating ST-elevation myocardial infarctionPhilippe Garot
Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Centre Hospitalier Claude Galien, 20 Route de Boussy, 91480 Quincy, France
Circulation 115:1354-62. 2007..Existing data suggest potential beneficial effects of early myocardial reperfusion, but the predictors of survival in these patients remain unknown...
- Mechanical effects of airway humidification devices in difficult to wean patientsChristophe Girault
Medical Intensive Care Department, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Crit Care Med 31:1306-11. 2003..To evaluate the influence of airway humidification devices on the efficacy of ventilation in difficult to wean patients...
- Noninvasive mechanical ventilation in clinical practice: a 2-year experience in a medical intensive care unitChristophe Girault
Medical Intensive Care Department, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Crit Care Med 31:552-9. 2003..To evaluate the feasibility and outcome results of noninvasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) in daily clinical practice outside any prospective protocol-driven trial...