Genomes and Genes
- Membranous nephropathy: A fairy tale for immunopathologists, nephrologists and patientsPierre Ronco
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris F 75005, France INSERM, UMR_S 1155, Paris F 75020, France AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Paris F 75020, France Electronic address
Mol Immunol 68:57-62. 2015..We hope that they will convince them that bedside research performed with intellectual curiosity and a bit of chance can lead to significant progress in clinical medicine. ..
- Pathophysiological advances in membranous nephropathy: time for a shift in patient's carePierre Ronco
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1155, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 1155, Paris, France AP HP, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France Electronic address
Lancet 385:1983-92. 2015..These tests already have a major effect on diagnosis and monitoring of treatment, including after transplantation. ..
- [Anti-CD 10 maternal-fetal allo-immunisation]Pierre Ronco
Unité INSERM UMR S 702, UPMC Universite Paris 6, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 196:1613-22; discussion 1622-3. 2012..This will require identification of the pathogenic epitopes born by the antigen...
- Ig-related renal disease in lymphoplasmacytic disorders: an updatePierre Ronco
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Tenon, Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Paris, France
Semin Nephrol 30:557-69. 2010..In the past 10 years, considerable advances have occurred in chemotherapy regimens with the advent of new classes of drugs, which already result in markedly improved renal and vital survival...
- [Idiopathic and secondary membranous nephropathies]Pierre Ronco
UPMC Universite Paris 6, Tenon Hospital, INSERM UMR_S702, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Presse Med 41:290-7. 2012..The newly identified antigen-antibody systems should be considered as molecular signatures challenging the uniform histological definition and having a major impact on patient care in a near future...
- [Kidney diseases: new issues]Pierre Ronco
Inserm UMRS702, Tenon Hospital, UPMC Universite Paris 6, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Presse Med 41:240-6. 2012..Careful therapeutic education of patients is required to successfully implement established guidelines, appropriate diets and new therapeutic strategies...
- Genetic inhibition of discoidin domain receptor 1 protects mice against crescentic glomerulonephritisMonique Kerroch
INSERM UMR S 702, Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris 6 University, 75020 Paris, France
FASEB J 26:4079-91. 2012..These results prompt further interest in DDR1 blockade strategies, especially in the treatment of glomerulonephritis...
- Tubulointerstitial nephropathies in HIV-infected patients over the past 15 years: a clinico-pathological studyMohamad Zaidan
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 8:930-8. 2013..This study analyzed the characteristics of HIV-infected patients and biopsy-proven tubulointerstitial nephropathies to define disease patterns and therapeutic implications...
- Thrombospondin-1 plays a profibrotic and pro-inflammatory role during ureteric obstructionNaïke Bigé
INSERM Unit 702, Paris, France
Kidney Int 81:1226-38. 2012..Thus, TSP-1 is an important profibrotic and inflammatory mediator of renal disease. Blockade of its action may be a treatment against the development of chronic kidney disease...
- [Renal biopsy practice: results of a French study and recommendations]Guillaume Bollée
UMR970, INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 8:168-76. 2012..Our working group, appointed by the scientific commission of the Société de néphrologie in France, aimed to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France, before establishing some guidelines...
- Patterns of noncryoglobulinemic glomerulonephritis with monoclonal Ig deposits: correlation with IgG subclass and response to rituximabElsa Guiard
Department Nephrology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1609-16. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe the distribution of the different pathologic subtypes of IgG-associated glomerulopathy and to evaluate the IgG isotype involved in these diseases...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) induces chronic kidney disease through a mechanism involving collagen and TGF-β1 synthesisFabrice Mihout
INSERM Unit 702, Paris, F 75020, France
J Pathol 223:37-45. 2011....
- COL4A1 mutations and hereditary angiopathy, nephropathy, aneurysms, and muscle crampsEmmanuelle Plaisier
INSERM Unité 702, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Unités Mixtes de Recherche Scientifique 702, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Tenon, France
N Engl J Med 357:2687-95. 2007..However, the causative genes for a number of hereditary multicystic kidney diseases, myopathies with cramps, and heritable intracranial aneurysms remain unknown...
- Renal arterial resistive index is associated with severe histological changes and poor renal outcome during chronic kidney diseaseNaïke Bigé
Department of Nephrology, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, Paris, F 75020, France
BMC Nephrol 13:139. 2012....
- Tissue transglutaminase contributes to interstitial renal fibrosis by favoring accumulation of fibrillar collagen through TGF-beta activation and cell infiltrationNasim Shweke
INSERM UMR, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 173:631-42. 2008..Our results suggest that inhibition of TG2 may provide a new and important therapeutic target against the progression of renal fibrosis...
- [Anti-CD10 fetomaternal alloimmunisation]Pierre Ronco
Unité INSERM UMR S 702, UPMC Universite Paris 6, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:64-8. 2009....
- Complete remission of monoclonal gammopathy with ocular and periorbital crystal storing histiocytosis and Fanconi syndromeAlyette Duquesne
AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Department of Nephrology, Paris, F 75020 France
Hum Pathol 44:927-33. 2013..After 18 months follow-up, she is in complete hematological, ophthalmological, and renal remission...
- [Hereditary angiopathy with nephropathy, aneurysms and muscle cramps (HANAC): a new basement membrane-disease associated with mutations of the COL4A1 gene]Pierre Ronco
Néphrologie et Dialyses, Unité INSERM UMR S 702, UPMC, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 192:971-84; discussion 984-6. 2008..We discuss phenotype-genotype correlations and the implications of the HANAC syndrome for the diagnosis of autosomal dominant hematuria, cystic kidney disease, intracranial aneurysms, and muscle cramps...
- Tubular nuclear accumulation of Snail and epithelial phenotypic changes in human myeloma cast nephropathyAlexandre Hertig
AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Urgences Néphrologiques and Transplantation Rénale, F 75020 Paris, France
Hum Pathol 42:1142-8. 2011..The epithelial-mesenchymal transition pathway could, therefore, be involved in the rapid renal fibrogenesis observed in this setting...
- Evidence of follicular T-cell implication in a case of IgG4-related systemic disease with interstitial nephritisMohamad Zaidan
Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2047-50. 2011....
- [IgG4-related disease and renal and urological involvement]Mohamad Zaidan
Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 8:499-507. 2012..Our literature review provides nephrologists, urologists and pathologists with key elements that will help in the early diagnosis and proper management of this new and emerging disorder...
- Notch3 is essential for regulation of the renal vascular toneNada Boulos
INSERM UMR702, Paris, France
Hypertension 57:1176-82. 2011..A deficiency in the expression of Notch3 could have important physiopathological consequences in the adaptation of the cardiac and renal function to chronic increase of blood pressure...
- Novel COL4A1 mutations associated with HANAC syndrome: a role for the triple helical CB3[IV] domainEmmanuelle Plaisier
AP HP, Department of Nephrology, Tenon Hospital, INSERM U702, UMRS702, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet A 152:2550-5. 2010....
- Allo-immune membranous nephropathy and recombinant aryl sulfatase replacement therapy: a need for tolerance induction therapyHanna Debiec
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche_S 702, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:675-80. 2014..Considering the critical requirement for ERT in patients with such enzyme deficiencies, immune tolerance induction should be advocated in the patients with allo-immune MN. ..
- D-Penicillamine-induced ANCA-associated crescentic glomerulonephritis in Wilson diseaseFrank Bienaime
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 50:821-5. 2007..The presentation and rapidly progressive and potentially severe outcome of this complication dramatically contrast with those of membranous and minimal change glomerulopathy, also induced by the sulfhydryl compound...
- LG3 fragment of endorepellin is a possible biomarker of severity in IgA nephropathyBrigitte Surin
INSERM, UMR S 702, Paris, France
Proteomics 13:142-52. 2013..Therefore, we suggest that the LG3 fragment of endorepellin could be associated with IgAN severity and might be related to pathogenesis of IgAN...
- Recurrent membranous nephropathy in an allograft caused by IgG3κ targeting the PLA2 receptorHanna Debiec
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMR_S 702, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1949-54. 2012..In summary, this case of recurrent membranous nephropathy in a graft suggests that circulating monoclonal anti-PLA2R IgG3κ caused the disease and activated complement by the classic pathway...
- Acute renal failure with lambda light chain-derived crystals in a patient with IgD myelomaCécile Toly-Ndour
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR S 938, système immunitaire et maladies conformationnelles, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3057-9. 2011..The light chain variable domain had a normal overall primary structure but included 11 somatic mutations, 3 of which likely increased the surface hydrophobicity, as observed in previously reported kappa-type crystals...
- Immunoglobulin deposition disease with a membranous pattern and a circulating monoclonal immunoglobulin G with charge-dependent aggregation propertiesSophie de Seigneux
AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 56:117-21. 2010..Although binding to podocyte antigens is a well-recognized determinant of subepithelial immunoglobulin deposition, proneness to aggregation as described in this case also might be nephritogenic...
- [Kidney and HIV infection]Emmanuelle Plaisier
Hopital Tenon, Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, 75970 Paris, France
Presse Med 41:267-75. 2012..Proximal renal tubular toxicity must be further evaluated in the presence of eGFR decrease and/or hypophosphatemia under tenofovir therapy...
- MMP9 limits apoptosis and stimulates branching morphogenesis during kidney developmentCatherine Arnould
Université Pierre et Marie Curie University of Paris 06, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2171-80. 2009....
- Monoclonal immunoglobulin light and heavy chain deposition diseases: molecular models of common renal diseasesPierre Ronco
UPMC Univ Paris 06, Hopital Tenon, Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Paris, France
Contrib Nephrol 169:221-31. 2011....
- HANAC Syndrome Col4a1 Mutation Causes Neonate Glomerular Hyperpermeability and Adult Glomerulocystic Kidney DiseaseZhiyong Chen
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR S 1155, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 27:1042-54. 2016....
- Pseudo-Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Presentation of a Crystal-Storing Histiocytosis With an Unmutated Monoclonal κ Light ChainAude Aline-Fardin
From the AP HP AA F, BF, Hopital Saint Antoine, Department of Pathology, Paris CNRS UMR 7276 Université de Limoges SB, MCV, Hôpital Universitaire Dupuytren AP HP DB, Hopital Tenon, Department of Pathology, Paris Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 DB, Paris Centre hospitalier de Troyes SB, Service D Hématologie AP HP MM, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Hématologie Clinique et Thérapie Cellulaire, Paris Université Pierre and Marie Curie MM, Paris INSERM MM, UMRS, U938, Paris AP HP PR, JJB, Hopital Tenon, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Paris Sorbonne Universités PR, JJB, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1155 INSERM PR, JJB, UMR_S 1155, Paris INSERM PA, UMRS 938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris6 PA, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris INSERM LG, Children's Memorial Hospital
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1247. 2015..CSH may present as pseudo-peritoneal carcinomatosis and relate to a monoclonal κ LC encoded by an unmutated gene. Bortezomib-based therapy proved efficacious in this case. ..
- Acute metabolic acidosis in a GLUT2-deficient patient with Fanconi-Bickel syndrome: new pathophysiology insightsFabrice Mihout
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, AP HP, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 29:iv113-6. 2014..These profound alterations of the transport systems most likely contributed to proximal tubule alterations and profound bicarbonate loss. ..
- HIV-associated kidney glomerular diseases: changes with time and HAARTFrancois Xavier Lescure
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Tenon Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:2349-55. 2012..Our objective was to assess the change in distribution of the glomerular diseases in HIV patients...
- Role of truncating mutations in MME gene in fetomaternal alloimmunisation and antenatal glomerulopathiesHanna Debiec
INSERM Unit 489, Tenon Hospital AP HP and University of Paris 6, Paris, France
Lancet 364:1252-9. 2004..We aimed to investigate whether the disease could affect other families, to search for mutations in the metallomembrane endopeptidase (MME) gene for NEP, and to analyse the outcome of the antenatal renal insult...
- [Strategies to reverse fibrotic lesions of the kidney]Jean Jacques Boffa
Service néphrologie et dialyses, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris
Presse Med 36:1857-64. 2007..Renal regeneration may be promoted by modulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- MMP9 and SCF protect from apoptosis in acute kidney injurySoraya Bengatta
UPMC University of Paris 06, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:787-97. 2009..In conclusion, these data show that MMP9 protects the S3 segment of the proximal tubule and the I-CD from apoptosis in AKI, most likely by releasing sSCF...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and matrix receptors in progression and reversal of kidney disease: therapeutic perspectivesPierre Ronco
INSERM, UMR S 702, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Department of Nephrology, Paris, France
Kidney Int 74:873-8. 2008..These therapies together with pharmacological agents controlling MMP activity, given in appropriate windows of the course of kidney diseases may represent a useful adjunct to blockers of the renin-angiotensin system...
- Polyclonal IgG4 hypergammaglobulinemia associated with plasmacytic lymphadenopathy, anemia and nephropathyEmmanuelle Boulanger
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Ann Hematol 85:833-40. 2006..The increased IgG4 production was found to be mediated by soluble factor(s), most probably secreted by activated T cells, which did not require the signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 signaling pathway...
- Sulfated HNK-1 epitope in developing and mature kidney: a new marker for thin ascending loop of Henle and tubular injury in acute tubular necrosisYves Allory
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U702 INSERM, Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 54:575-84. 2006..These data suggest that molecules carrying the sulfated HNK-1 carbohydrate epitope may play an important role in critical stages of renal development and in the physiology of thin ascending loop of Henle...
- Fetomaternal alloimmunization with antenatal glomerulopathiesHanna Debiec
INSERM U 702, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris, UMRS, AP HP Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1110:559-66. 2007..The identification of these B cell epitopes is useful for diagnostic tests and may lead to future development of new therapeutic approaches based on peptide-specific immune intervention...
- Molecular pathomechanisms of membranous nephropathy: from Heymann nephritis to alloimmunizationPierre Ronco
INSERM Unit 489, Tenon Hôpital Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1205-13. 2005..Other types of alloimmunization should be investigated in MN but also in other renal and nonrenal diseases, particularly those that affect the pediatric age...
- INF2 mutations in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease with glomerulopathyOlivia Boyer
INSERM Unité 983, Service de Nephrologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 365:2377-88. 2011..We therefore hypothesized that INF2 may be responsible for cases of Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy associated with FSGS...
- Progression and regression in renal vascular and glomerular fibrosisChristos Chatziantoniou
INSERM U489, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Int J Exp Pathol 85:1-11. 2004..In this review, we will focus on the mechanisms of the hypertension-associated fibrosis and the few recent studies that gave promising results for a therapeutic intervention...
- Early-childhood membranous nephropathy due to cationic bovine serum albuminHanna Debiec
INSERM, Unite Mixte de Recherche Scientifique 702, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 364:2101-10. 2011..The nature of antigens involved in other idiopathic and secondary membranous nephropathies remains unclear...
- Rituximab treatment for membranous nephropathy: a French clinical and serological retrospective study of 28 patientsPierre Antoine Michel
Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Nephron Extra 1:251-61. 2011..Antibodies became negative in all 5 responsive patients with available follow-up sera. In this retrospective study, a high rate of remission was achieved 12 months after treatment...
- Arterial remodeling associates with CKD progressionMarie Briet
Department of Pharmacology and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U970 PARCC, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, 20, rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:967-74. 2011..In conclusion, maladaptive remodeling of the carotid artery and increased pulse pressure independently associate with faster decline of renal function and progression to ESRD...
- Mechanisms of disease: Alloimmunization in renal diseasesPierre Ronco
INSERM Unit 702, University Pierre and Marie Curie, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 2:388-97. 2006....
- A case of phospholipase A₂ receptor-positive membranous nephropathy preceding sarcoid-associated granulomatous tubulointerstitial nephritisMasa Knehtl
Department of Nephrology, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 57:140-3. 2011..We discuss the relationship between membranous nephropathy and sarcoidosis based on the close appearance of the 2 diseases and the detection of phospholipase A₂ receptor in glomerular immune deposits...
- The SAM domain of ANKS6 has different interacting partners and mutations can induce different cystic phenotypesZeineb Bakey
1 Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S1155, Paris, France 2 INSERM, UMR_S1155, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Kidney Int 88:299-310. 2015..Thus, our data demonstrate the importance of ANKS6 for kidney structure integrity and the essential mediating role of its SAM domain in the formation of protein complexes. ..
- Bilateral kidney infarction due to primary Al amyloidosis: a first case reportFabrice Mihout
From the Department of Nephrology and Dialysis FM, LJ, PR, EP Department of Pathology IB, Tenon Hospital, APHP, Paris, France Clinical Hematology Unit VL and Department of Cardiac Surgery SV, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, APHP, F 75013 Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e777. 2015..In addition to the very uncommon presentation, this case illustrates the tremendous progress that has occurred in the management of severe forms of AL amyloidosis. ..
- Increased risk of solid renal tumors in lithium-treated patientsMohamad Zaidan
1 Department of Nephrology Transplantation, Necker Hospital, APHP, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France 2 Paris Descartes University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France 3 INSERM U845, Centre de Recherche Croissance et Signalisation, Paris, France
Kidney Int 86:184-90. 2014..51 (95% confidence interval (CI) (1.51-21.95)) and 13.69 (95% CI (3.68-35.06)) in men and women, respectively. Thus, there is an increased risk of renal tumors in lithium-treated patients. ..
- Acute renal failure associated with immune restoration inflammatory syndromeEric Daugas
Department of Nephrology, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 2:594-8; quiz 599. 2006..A renal biopsy showed acute interstitial nephritis. Extensive investigations failed to detect active infection. The efficacy of HAART was attested by increased CD4+ cell counts and undetectable viral replication...
- Glomerular permeability is altered by loss of P0, a myelin protein expressed in glomerular epithelial cellsEmmanuelle Plaisier
Department of Nephrology, INSERM Unit 702, Tenon Hospital AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3350-6. 2005..These results demonstrate that P0, the major myelin protein, is also expressed during nephrogenesis and in mature kidney, mostly in podocytes. They suggest that P0 gene mutations might be involved in renal diseases...
- Unexpected efficacy of rituximab in multirelapsing minimal change nephrotic syndrome in the adult: first case report and pathophysiological considerationsHelene Francois
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, AP HP, Tenon Hospital, France
Am J Kidney Dis 49:158-61. 2007..This case suggests a role of B cells in MCNS, possibly by regulating T-cell function...
- [Pathogenesis of immune glomerulonephritis]Jean Philippe Rougier
Service de Nephrologie B, Hopital Tenon, 75970 Paris Cedex 20
Rev Prat 53:1998-2004. 2003..Recent significant advances in the pathophysiology of those glomerular diseases have shed considerable light on the understanding of the underlying disease even if they do not have immediate therapeutic implications...
- Onco-nephrology: glomerular diseases with cancerJean François Cambier
Nephrology and Dialysis Department, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1701-12. 2012....
- Matrix metalloproteinases in kidney disease progression and repair: a case of flipping the coinPierre Ronco
INSERM Unit 702, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Semin Nephrol 27:352-62. 2007..The major challenge with future therapeutic interventions using MMP inhibitors remains how to accomplish temporal and spatial control of their activity without flipping the coin...
- [High cardiovascular complications in systemic lupus erythematosus: physiopathology and risk management]Jean Jacques Boffa
Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 5:595-602. 2009..Its implementation in SLE patients requires a modification of medical practices. CV risk management in SLE patients include identification of optimal targets for each traditional risk factor and SLE specific treatments...
- Podocyte antigens and glomerular diseasePierre Ronco
INSERM Unit UMR S 702, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, AP HP Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Nephron Exp Nephrol 107:e41-6. 2007..However, the target antigens of circulating antibodies are unknown. Current treatments for patients with MN are entirely empirical, and concept-driven therapies are dramatically lacking...
- Antigen identification in membranous nephropathy moves toward targeted monitoring and new therapyPierre Ronco
Université Pierre et Marie Curie University of Paris 06, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:564-9. 2010..The recent discovery of neutral endopeptidase and PLA(2)R provides new tools for monitoring human disease activity and should be of value in designing new antigen-driven therapeutic strategies...
- Pathophysiological lessons from rare associations of immunological disordersPierre Ronco
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé UMR S 702, Paris, France
Pediatr Nephrol 24:3-8. 2009..The occurrence of MCD with hemopathies supports the role of T cells in the pathogenesis of proteinuria, although the characteristics of those T cells remain to be established and the glomerular permeability factor(s) identified...
- New insights into the pathogenesis of membranous glomerulonephritisPierre Ronco
INSERM Unit 702, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 15:258-63. 2006..This review focuses on new pathophysiologic aspects of the disease, with special emphasis on the antigenic targets of pathogenic antibodies...
- Membranous glomerulopathy: the evolving storyPierre Ronco
INSERM UMR_S 702, Paris, France
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 19:254-9. 2010..This review focuses on new pathophysiologic aspects of the disease, with special emphasis on the antigenic targets of pathogenic antibodies...
- Immunoglobulin light (heavy)-chain deposition disease: from molecular medicine to pathophysiology-driven therapyPierre Ronco
INSERM UMR S 702, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:1342-50. 2006....
- [Extra-membranous glomerulonephritis: report of a family and new physiopathological concepts]Hanna Debiec
Unité INSERM 489, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 187:921-32; discussion 932-4. 2003..Two additional families have been identified since then. The pathophysiologic mechanisms that we have unraveled are reminiscent of Rhesus immunization and open up new avenues for therapeutic intervention...
- The L1 cell adhesion molecule is induced in renal cancer cells and correlates with metastasis in clear cell carcinomasYves Allory
INSERM U489, Tenon Hospital Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Paris 6 University, 4 rue de la Chine, Paris 70520, France
Clin Cancer Res 11:1190-7. 2005..The objectives of the study were to provide a comprehensive description of L1 distribution in human kidney and to establish the prognostic relevance of L1 expression in renal cell carcinomas (RCC)...
- Advances in membranous nephropathy: success stories of a long journeyPierre Ronco
Inserm UMR_S702 Université Pierre et Marie Curie Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 38:460-6. 2011..This suggests that food antigens may be involved in MN through charge-dependent binding to the anionic glomerular capillary wall and in situ formation of immune complexes...
- Partial fanconi syndrome induced by imatinib therapy: a novel cause of urinary phosphate lossHelene Francois
AP HP, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 51:298-301. 2008..Patients on long-term imatinib treatment should be monitored for renal failure, as well as proximal tubule dysfunction, including hypophosphatemia...
- Autosomal-dominant familial hematuria with retinal arteriolar tortuosity and contractures: a novel syndromeEmmanuelle Plaisier
INSERM Unit 489 Departments of Neurology, and Nephrology, Tenon Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Kidney Int 67:2354-60. 2005..Patients with thin basement membrane (BM) disease do not have extrarenal manifestations, while those with Alport syndrome often present with hearing loss, anterior lenticonus, and dot-and-fleck retinopathy...
- Foot gangrene in patients with end-stage renal disease: a case control studyMourad Boufi
Department of Vascular Surgery and Research Unit of CNRS, UMR 7054, Tenon Hospital Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, University of Paris VI, Saint Antoine Faculty of Medicine, Paris, France
Angiology 57:355-61. 2006..6, p = 0.0023), and by impaired microcirculatory perfusion, as indicated by a lower oxygen pressure (TcPO(2)) (15.6 +/-12 mm Hg vs 26 +/-16, p = 0.07). ESRD implies a poor prognosis in patients with stage IV peripheral arterial disease...
- Chronic lithium nephropathy: MR imaging for diagnosisMaria Teresa Farres
Department of Radiology, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Radiology 229:570-4. 2003..To evaluate the appearance of lithium nephropathy at magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- Cutaneous calcification in patients with end-stage renal disease: a regulated process associated with in situ osteopontin expressionJacqueline Rivet
Department of Pathology, AP HP, Saint Louis Hospital, INSERM U728, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 142:900-6. 2006..While the pathogenesis is not well understood, it may be similar to those for medial and intimal vascular calcifications, which are actively regulated processes...
- Proteinuria: is it all in the foot?Pierre Ronco
INSERM UMR S 702, University Pierre et Marie Curie, and Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 117:2079-82. 2007....
- Pathogenesis of membranous nephropathy: recent advances and future challengesPierre Ronco
INSERM UMR S 702 and Division of Nephrology, Tenon Hospital, 4 rue de Chine, Paris 75020, France pierre ronco tnn aphp fr
Nat Rev Nephrol 8:203-13. 2012..These signatures will soon have a major impact on patient care...
- Identification of two candidate collecting duct cell-specific cis-acting elements in the Hoxb-7 promoter regionEmmanuelle Plaisier
INSERM Unit 489 and University Paris VI, Paris, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1727:106-15. 2005..CDSE-2 (-34/-13) contains sequence bears high homology with a segment of the Pax-2 promoter. CDSE-2 also conveys cell specificity but has no enhancer activity by itself...
- Renal biopsy practice in France: results of a nationwide studyGuillaume Bollée
Paris Descartes University, APHP, Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3579-85. 2010..Practices vary widely among nephrologists, depending on personal experience and the availability of particular techniques. The purpose of our study was to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France...