Genomes and Genes
- Transplants of umbilical-cord blood or bone marrow from unrelated donors in adults with acute leukemiaVanderson Rocha
Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris and Paris University, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 351:2276-85. 2004..Promising results of cord-blood transplants from unrelated donors have been reported in adults...
- New approaches for improving engraftment after cord blood transplantationVanderson Rocha
Universite de Paris 7, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:S126-32. 2010..Those approaches may greatly increase the quality and availability of CB for transplantation...
- A survey of fully haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in adults with high-risk acute leukemia: a risk factor analysis of outcomes for patients in remission at transplantationFabio Ciceri
Hematology and BMT Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
Blood 112:3574-81. 2008..In conclusion, haplo-HSCT can be an alternative option for the treatment of high-risk acute leukemia patients in remission, lacking a human leukocyte antigen-matched donor...
- Influence of bone marrow nucleated red blood cell dose on outcome after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantationMarie Robin
Br J Haematol 140:725-7. 2008
- Association of bone marrow natural killer cell dose with neutrophil recovery and chronic graft-versus-host disease after HLA identical sibling bone marrow transplantsJerome Larghero
Cell Therapy Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 138:101-9. 2007..06 respectively). No specific cell subpopulation infused dose was associated with survival. In conclusion, a higher BM NK cell dose is associated with an increased speed of neutrophil recovery and a decreased incidence of cGvHD...
- Outcomes of transplantation in children with acute leukaemiaVanderson Rocha
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Clinical Research Laboratory on Cell Therapy and Department of Haematology, Hopital Saint Louis, 75010 Paris, France
Lancet 369:1906-8. 2007
- Host defense and inflammatory gene polymorphisms are associated with outcomes after HLA-identical sibling bone marrow transplantationVanderson Rocha
Hematology Department and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 100:3908-18. 2002..004). In conclusion, donor and recipient gene polymorphisms are informative genetic risk factors for selecting donor/recipient pairs and could help in the understanding of mechanisms involved in host defenses of BM transplant recipients...
- Relevance of bone marrow cell dose on allogeneic transplantation outcomes for patients with acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission: results of a European surveyVanderson Rocha
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Unit, Hopital Saint Louis, and Service d Hématologie, CHU Saint Antoine and European Data Management Office, Institut des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 20:4324-30. 2002..Bone marrow cell dose has been reported to be an important factor in alloBMT; however, its true impact on relapse incidence (RI), leukemia-free survival (LFS), and nonrelapse mortality (NRM) in a large cohort of patients is unknown...
- Clinical use of umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cellsVanderson Rocha
Eurocord Office Bone Marrow Transplant Hematology Department, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:34-41. 2006..This review describes the recent clinical results and discusses developing research strategies aimed at optimizing the results of cord blood transplantation...
- Umbilical cord blood transplantationVanderson Rocha
Eurocord Office, Bone Marrow Transplant, Hematology Department, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Curr Opin Hematol 11:375-85. 2004..Cell dose and human leukocyte antigen are major factors influencing outcome after umbilical cord blood transplantation...
- Influence of bone marrow graft B lymphocyte subsets on outcome after HLA-identical sibling transplantsDavid Michonneau
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 145:107-14. 2009..32, 95% confidence interval: 0.11-0.92, P = 0.035). In conclusion, a higher B lineage-specific hematopoietic progenitor cells (CD34(+) CD19(+)) cell dose is associated with a significant decrease incidence of acute GvHD...
- Factors associated with outcomes of unrelated cord blood transplant: guidelines for donor choiceEliane Gluckman
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Eurocord Registry, Laboratory of Clinical Research on Cell Therapy, Saint Louis Hospital AP HP University Paris VII, Paris, France
Exp Hematol 32:397-407. 2004..Optimizing cord blood donor selection based mainly on cell dose and human leukocyte antigen (HLA) disparities may further improve results of unrelated cord blood transplants (UCBT)...
- MICA-129 genotype, soluble MICA, and anti-MICA antibodies as biomarkers of chronic graft-versus-host diseaseWahid Boukouaci
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Centre d Innovations Biomédicales Hématologie Oncologie Greffe CIB HOG, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie IUH, and INSERM, UMRS, 940, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 114:5216-24. 2009..Altogether, these data suggest that the studied MICA genotype and phenotype specificities could be used as relevant biomarkers for cGVHD monitoring...
- Long-term follow-up and factors influencing outcomes after related HLA-identical cord blood transplantation for patients with malignancies: an analysis on behalf of Eurocord-EBMTAndree Laure Herr
EUROCORD, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 Ave Claude Vellefaux, Quadrilatère porte 5, Paris Cedex 10, France
Blood 116:1849-56. 2010..Patients without advanced disease had improved DFS. These results support banking and use of CB units for RCBT. Cell dose, GVHD prophylaxis not including methotrexate, and disease status are important factors for outcomes after RCBT...
- Second transplant with two unrelated cord blood units for early graft failure after haematopoietic stem cell transplantationJuliana Fernandes
Haematology Department and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 137:248-51. 2007..Acute GVHD grades II-IV was observed in three patients. Three are alive, between 12 and 25 months after dUCBT. In conclusion, dUCBT is a promising procedure to treat early GF...
- Hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation using umbilical-cord blood cellsVanderson Rocha
Eurocord Office Bone and Marrow Transplant Hematology Department, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Rev Invest Clin 57:314-23. 2005
- Risk factors for late infections after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from a matched related donorMarie Robin
Service d Hematologie, Greffe Hôpital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1304-12. 2007..7, 95%CI: 1.4-5.1, P = .002). After HSCT, patients remain at high risk of infections even late after transplantation, in particular, with the above risk factors, and required a prolonged follow-up...
- Low-dose thoracoabdominal irradiation for the treatment of refractory chronic graft-versus-host diseaseMarie Robin
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 80:634-42. 2005..Half of the patients with chronic graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) do not achieve a complete remission with first-line therapy. No clear recommendations are available regarding second-line treatments...
- Epstein-Barr virus early-antigen antibodies before allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation as a marker of risk of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disordersFelix Agbalika
Department of Microbiology, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 136:305-8. 2007..High viral load was detected in peripheral blood mononuclear cells at PTLD diagnosis, independently of deleted LMP1. Detection of EA-IgG in allo-HSCT recipients pretransplantation might be considered as risk factor for PTLD development...
- Homozygous status for HLA-E*0103 confers protection from acute graft-versus-host disease and transplant-related mortality in HLA-matched sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantationRyad Tamouza
Assistance publique Hôpitaux de Paris Groupement Hôspitalier et Universitaire Nord, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, et Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U662, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 82:1436-40. 2006..Given the dual role of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-E molecules in innate and adaptive immune processes, we analyzed the impact of HLA-E polymorphism in genoidentical HSCT setting...
- Patterns of cytomegalovirus reactivation are associated with distinct evolutive profiles of immune reconstitution after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationHélène Moins-Teisserenc
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Centre d Investigations Biomédicales Hématologie Oncologie Greffes, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 198:818-26. 2008..Evaluation of CMV-specific immune responses during the first episode of reactivation, together with extended phenotypes, could thus improve immune monitoring, especially in recipients at risk of uncontrolled viral reactivation...
- Higher incidence of relapse in patients with acute myelocytic leukemia infused with higher doses of CD34+ cells from leukapheresis products autografted during the first remissionNorbert Claude Gorin
Department of Hematology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Blood 116:3157-62. 2010..72; 95% confidence interval, 0.55-0.93; P = .01). In conclusion, in patients autografted in first remission, relapse was higher and leukemia-free survival lower for those who received the highest CD34(+) PB doses...
- Palivizumab treatment of respiratory syncytial virus infection after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationFlore Sicre de Fontbrune
Hematologie Greffe, Universite Paris 7, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:1019-24. 2007..Palivizumab did not prevent progression to lower respiratory infection and had no impact on the overall survival rate...
- Initial liver involvement in acute GVHD is predictive for nonrelapse mortalityMarie Robin
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Transplantation 88:1131-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate potential predictors for overall survival at disease onset...
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation for children with thalassemia and sickle cell diseaseAnnalisa Ruggeri
Clinical Research Unit, Eurocord Office, Hôpital Saint Louis APHP, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1375-82. 2011..Primary graft failure was fatal in 5 patients with thalassemia. These results suggest that only CB units containing an expected infused cell dose >5 × 10(7)/kg should be considered for transplantation for hemoglobinopathy...
- Prospective assessment of bone turnover and clinical bone diseases after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantationAnna D Petropoulou
Service d Etaématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Transplantation 89:1354-61. 2010..Bone complications after hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT) are relatively frequent. Evaluation of biomarkers of bone turnover and dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) are not known in this context...
- Effect of HLA-matching recipients to donor noninherited maternal antigens on outcomes after mismatched umbilical cord blood transplantation for hematologic malignancyVanderson Rocha
EUROCORD, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1890-6. 2012..04). When faced with the choice of multiple HLA-mismatched UCB units containing adequate cell doses, selecting an NIMA-matched UCB unit may improve survival after mismatched UCBT...
- New autoimmune diseases after cord blood transplantation: a retrospective study of EUROCORD and the Autoimmune Disease Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationThomas Daikeler
EUROCORD, Hôpital Saint Louis Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, University Paris VII, Paris, France
Blood 121:1059-64. 2013..With a median follow-up of 26 months (range, 2-91), 6 of 52 patients died as a consequence of ADs. We conclude that CBT may be followed by potentially life-threatening, mainly hematologic ADs...
- The PTPN22 R620W polymorphism is associated with severe bacterial infections after human leukocyte antigen geno-identical haematopoietic stem-cell transplantationsMariam Azarian
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, INSERM U662, Service d hématologie greffe de moelle, Hopital Saint Louis, CIB HOG, AP HP, Paris, France
Transplantation 85:1859-62. 2008..036, hazard ratio=2.28, 95% confidence interval=1.06-4.90). This could improve the genetic risk assessment of severe bacterial infections in allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantations...
- Double cord blood transplantation: extending the use of unrelated umbilical cord blood cells for patients with hematological diseasesVanderson Rocha
Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 23:223-9. 2010..This article reviews the state of art and future directions with double umbilical cord blood units as a source of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation...
- Influence of nucleated cell dose on overall survival of unrelated cord blood transplantation for patients with severe acquired aplastic anemia: a study by eurocord and the aplastic anemia working party of the European group for blood and marrow transplantRegis Peffault De Latour
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:78-85. 2011..9 10(7) TNCs/kg prefreezing (45%, compared with 18% for recipients of ≤ 3.9 10(7) TNC/kg; HR, 0.4; P = .007). These results highlight the fundamental role of cell dose for both engraftment and OS in patients with SAA undergoing UCBT...
- Disseminated adenovirus infections after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: incidence, risk factors and outcomeMarie Robin
Service d Hematologie, Greffe, Paris, France
Haematologica 92:1254-7. 2007..Risk factors for dAdV in unrelated HSCT recipients were previous Fanconi disease (p=0.03) and GVHD (p=0.02) in children, and cord blood source of stem cells (p=0.029) and GVHD (0.024) in adults...
- Association of CD34 cell dose with hematopoietic recovery, infections, and other outcomes after HLA-identical sibling bone marrow transplantationHenrique Bittencourt
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Cell Therapy Laboratory and Biostatistics Unit, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 99:2726-33. 2002..In conclusion a CD34(+) cell dose of 3 x 10(6)/kg or more improved all hematopoietic recoveries, decreased the incidence of fungal infections and TRM, and improved overall survival...
- Association of HLA-E polymorphism with severe bacterial infection and early transplant-related mortality in matched unrelated bone marrow transplantationRyad Tamouza
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité AP HP, IUH, and INSERM U662, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 80:140-4. 2005..20; P=0.03 and HR=2.12, P=0.048, respectively), suggesting that homozygous state for HLA-E*0101 allele is a risk factor for early severe bacterial infections and TRM in UD-BMT...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation for childhood acute myeloid leukemia: a Eurocord Group analysisGerard Michel
Eurocord Registry Hospital Saint Louis AP HP, Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation and Clinical Research Laboratory on Cell Therapy, Paris University 7, 1 Ave Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Blood 102:4290-7. 2003..5 months compared with 50% +/- 12% in later relapses). We conclude that UCBT is a therapeutic option for children with very poor-prognosis AML and who lack an HLA-identical sibling...
- Family-directed umbilical cord blood bankingEliane Gluckman
EUROCORD, Hospital Saint Louis, University Paris VII, Paris, France
Haematologica 96:1700-7. 2011....
- Alternative donors hematopoietic stem cells transplantation for adults with acute myeloid leukemia: Umbilical cord blood or haploidentical donors?Annalisa Ruggeri
Hopital Saint Louis, UNIVERSITE DE PARIS, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 23:207-16. 2010..Here we review the current status of UCBT and haplo transplants to treat adults with high-risk acute myeloid leukemia and we discuss the main issues associated with the use of both hematopoietic stem cell transplant approaches...
- Marrow versus peripheral blood for geno-identical allogeneic stem cell transplantation in acute myelocytic leukemia: influence of dose and stem cell source shows better outcome with rich marrowNorbert C Gorin
Centre International Greffes de Moelle, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Blood 102:3043-51. 2003..64; 95% CI, 0.44-0.92; P =.016). The present study in patients with AML receiving allografts in first remission indicates a better outcome with BM as compared to PB, when the dose of BM infused is rich...
- Prognostic value of pretransplantation host thymic function in HLA-identical sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantationEmmanuel Clave
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U396, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, Cedex 10, France
Blood 105:2608-13. 2005..7, P = .02) were associated with a better survival. Therefore, recipient host thymic function assessment could be helpful in predicting HSCT outcome and identifying patients who require a close immunologic monitoring...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation: outcomes after single-unit intrabone injection compared with double-unit intravenous injection in patients with hematological malignanciesVanderson Rocha
EUROCORD, EUROCORD ED, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Transplantation 95:1284-91. 2013..Unrelated cord blood transplantation (UCBT) is associated with delayed hematopoietic recovery. Intrabone injection of cord blood cells (IB-UCBT) and double-UCBT (dUCBT) are designed to circumvent this problem...
- Persistent poor long-term prognosis of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients surviving invasive aspergillosisGéraldine Salmeron
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Haematologica 97:1357-63. 2012..Voriconazole treatment increases early survival of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with invasive aspergillosis. We investigated whether this survival advantage translates into an increased long-term survival...
- Steroid-refractory acute GVHD: lack of long-term improved survival using new generation anticytokine treatmentAliénor Xhaard
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:406-13. 2012..Over an 11-year period, 3 treatment strategies, including 2 anticytokines, give similar results in patients with SR-aGVHD...
- Transplantation in patients with SCID: mismatched related stem cells or unrelated cord blood?Juliana F Fernandes
EUROCORD, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 119:2949-55. 2012..For children with SCID and no HLA-identical sibling donor, both UCBT and MMRDT represent available HSC sources for transplantation with quite similar outcomes...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning regimens before unrelated cord blood transplantation in adults with acute leukaemia and other haematological malignanciesVanderson Rocha
Eurocord office and Acute Leukemia Working Party of the European Blood and Marrow Transplant Group, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Curr Opin Oncol 21:S31-4. 2009..This paper will summarize some recent results of RIC UCBT for adults with haematological malignancies...
- Results of unrelated cord blood transplant in fanconi anemia patients: risk factor analysis for engraftment and survivalEliane Gluckman
Hôpital Saint Louis AP HP, University of Paris VII, IUH, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1073-82. 2007..In conclusion, factors easily modifiable such as donor selection and a Fludarabine-containing regimen can considerably improve survival in FA patients given a UCBT. These data are the basis for designing prospective protocols...
- Primary Epstein-Barr virus infection with pneumonia transmitted by allogeneic bone marrow after transplantationPierre Teira
Service d Hématologie Allogreffe, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 43:892-5. 2006..The virus must have been transmitted by the donor's bone marrow, which was positive for Epstein-Barr virus. The patient recovered after rituximab and corticosteroid therapy...
- Stem cell transplantation can provide durable disease control in blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm: a retrospective study from the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationDamien Roos-Weil
Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Hematology Department, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 Bd de l Hopital, Paris Cedex, France
Blood 121:440-6. 2013..However, it remains to be shown if graft-versus-malignancy effects can contribute significantly to BPDCN control after allo-SCT...
- Breakthrough invasive aspergillosis in allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients treated with caspofunginAdrienne Madureira
Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, Universite Paris VII, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:551-4. 2007..This high incidence of breakthrough invasive aspergillosis in this patient population receiving caspofungin therapy warrants further investigation...
- Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in 13 patients with Fanconi anemia after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationCaroline Masserot
Assistance Publique Hospitaux de Paris, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Cancer 113:3315-22. 2008..Fanconi anemia (FA) is a chromosomal instability disorder with a very high risk of developing head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), most notably after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Milestones in umbilical cord blood transplantationEliane Gluckman
EUROCORD, Assistance publique des Hôpitaux de Paris APHP, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie IUH Hôpital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 154:441-7. 2011..The absence of ethical concern and the unlimited supply of cells explain the increasing interest of using UCB for developing regenerative medicine...
- Outcomes of unrelated cord blood transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma: a survey on behalf of Eurocord, the Cord Blood Committee of Cellular Therapy and Immunobiology Working Party, and the Chronic Leukemia Working Party of the EBMTAnnalisa Paviglianiti
EUROCORD, APHP, University Paris Diderot, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France Monacord, Centre Scientifique de Monaco, France
Haematologica 101:1120-7. 2016..Patients with high cytogenetic risk had higher relapse, and worse overall and progression-free survival. In conclusion, umbilical cord blood transplantation is feasible for multiple myeloma patients. ..
- Increased incidence of cytomegalovirus retinitis after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationAliénor Xhaard
Service d Hématologie Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 83:80-3. 2007..The combination of a CMV-seropositive recipient and CMV-seronegative donor was the leading risk factor...
- Improving outcomes of cord blood transplantation: HLA matching, cell dose and other graft- and transplantation-related factorsVanderson Rocha
Department of Haematology, Eurocord Netcord EBMT office, Institut universitaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite de Paris 7, 1 av Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Br J Haematol 147:262-74. 2009..This review will focus on the interactions between HLA, cell dose and other modifiable factors related to the UCB unit selection and transplantation that may improve outcomes after UCB transplantation...
- Cord blood transplantation for children with acute leukaemia: a Eurocord registry analysisEliane Gluckman
Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant Department and Eurocord office, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 33:271-3. 2004..Report results of unrelated cord blood transplants collected by Eurocord Registry in children with acute leukemia...
- Donor selection for unrelated cord blood transplantsEliane Gluckman
Department of Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant, EUROCORD, Institute of Hematology, APHP Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 18:565-70. 2006..Methods of improving engraftment are currently under investigation...
- Killer Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor-Ligand Matching and Outcomes after Unrelated Cord Blood Transplantation in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaVanderson Rocha
EUROCORD, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France Churchill Hospital and NHSBT, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 22:1284-9. 2016..Although transplants mismatched at 3 or more HLA loci are not recommended, avoiding KIR-ligand mismatching in this setting lowers mortality risks. ..
- Myelodysplasia and leukemia of Fanconi anemia are associated with a specific pattern of genomic abnormalities that includes cryptic RUNX1/AML1 lesionsSamuel Quentin
Team Genome and Cancer, Hematology Laboratory Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Blood 117:e161-70. 2011..These data have implications for staging and therapeutic managing in FA patients, and also to analyze the mechanisms of clonal evolution and oncogenesis in a background of genomic instability and BM failure...
- Outcomes of Cord Blood Transplantation Using Reduced-Intensity Conditioning for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: A Study on Behalf of Eurocord and Cord Blood Committee of Cellular Therapy and Immunobiology Working Party, Chronic Malignancies Working Party ofErick Xavier
Eurocord International Registry, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21:1515-23. 2015..In conclusion, use of RIC-UCBT seems to be feasible in patients with poor-risk CLL/SLL and improved outcomes were observed in patients with fludarabine-sensitive disease who received low-dose TBI regimens...
- Higher incidence of relapse with peripheral blood rather than marrow as a source of stem cells in adults with acute myelocytic leukemia autografted during the first remissionNorbert Claude Gorin
Hopital Saint Antoine, Department of Hematology, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3987-93. 2009..In acute myelocytic leukemia (AML), for patients who receive transplants during first complete remission (CR1), no prospective randomized study has compared relapse incidence (RI) to cell source...
- Fertility recovery and pregnancy after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Fanconi anemia patientsSamir K Nabhan
Eurocord Hospital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris, France
Haematologica 95:1783-7. 2010..Mechanisms of fertility recovery are discussed...
- Cord blood transplant: strategy of alternative donor searchEliane Gluckman
Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant Department and Eurocord office, Hospital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Springer Semin Immunopathol 26:143-54. 2004..The option of performing cord blood transplants should be based on urgency of the transplant, cord blood cell dose and number of HLA disparities...
- Sickle cell disease: an international survey of results of HLA-identical sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantationEliane Gluckman
EUROCORD, Paris Diderot University EA 3518, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood . 2016..The excellent outcome of a cohort transplanted over 3 decades confirms the role of HLA-identical sibling transplantation for children and adults with SCD...
- Abnormal telomere metabolism in Fanconi's anaemia correlates with genomic instability and the probability of developing severe aplastic anaemiaXiaxin Li
Bone Marrow Biology Laboratory, DRED University, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 120:836-45. 2003..These data indicated that telomeres might play a role in the evolution of bone marrow failure and malignant transformation in FA...
- Decreased nonrelapse mortality after unrelated cord blood transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia using reduced-intensity conditioning: a prospective phase II multicenter trialBernard Rio
Service d Hematologie, Hôtel Dieu Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21:445-53. 2015..04). In conclusion, despite the decreased NRM observed, other RIC regimens with higher myelosuppression should be evaluated to decrease relapse in high-risk AML. (EUDRACT 2006-005901-67)...
- Risk factors and options to improve engraftment in unrelated cord blood transplantationAnna D Petropoulou
Universite de Paris 7, Hospital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Stem Cells Int 2011:610514. 2011..Those approaches may increase the quality and availability of UCB for transplantation...
- Related umbilical cord blood transplantation in patients with thalassemia and sickle cell diseaseFranco Locatelli
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Blood 101:2137-43. 2003..Related CBT for hemoglobinopathies offers a good probability of success and is associated with a low risk of GVHD. Optimization of transplantation strategies could further improve these results...
- Prognostic significance of NOD2/CARD15 variants in HLA-identical sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: effect on long-term outcome is confirmed in 2 independent cohorts and may be modulated by the type of gastrointestinal decontaminationErnst Holler
Department of Haematology Oncology, Medical Centre, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Blood 107:4189-93. 2006..Our data further support an interaction between gastrointestinal defense mechanisms, activation of the innate immune system, and specific transplant-related complications...
- Human leukocyte antigen matching in cord blood transplantationEliane Gluckman
Department of Hematologie Bone Marrow Transplant, EUROCORD, Institute of Hematology, APHP Hospital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Semin Hematol 42:85-90. 2005....
- Unrelated cord blood transplants in adults with hematologic malignanciesWilliam Arcese
Haematologica 91:223-30. 2006..We analyzed outcomes and risk factors after unrelated cord blood transplantation (CBT) in adults with hematologic malignancies...
- Results of genoidentical hemopoietic stem cell transplantation with reduced intensity conditioning for acute myelocytic leukemia: higher doses of stem cells infused benefit patients receiving transplants in second remission or beyond--the Acute Leukemia WNorbert Claude Gorin
Department of Haematology and Cell Therapy, Hopital Saint Antoine, Asistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris and Université Paris 6, Pierre et Marie Curie, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3959-66. 2006....
- Higher expression of transcription targets and components of the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway is a distinctive feature of umbilical cord blood CD34+ precursorsRodrigo Alexandre Panepucci
Center for Cell Therapy and Regional Blood Center, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Stem Cells 25:189-96. 2007..Our study forms the basis for future studies and potentially for new strategies to stem cell graft manipulation, by specific NF-kappaB pathway modulation on stem cells, prior to transplant...
- De novo acute myeloid leukemia in adults younger than 60 years of age: socioeconomic aspects and treatment results in a Brazilian university centerEvandro M Fagundes
Hematology Department, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1557-64. 2006..In conclusion, survival for patients who received Hidac consolidation is satisfactory; however, socioeconomic factors may have selected patients to receive intensive Hidac consolidation...
- Donor CTLA-4 +49 A/G*GG genotype is associated with chronic GVHD after HLA-identical haematopoietic stem-cell transplantationsMariam Azarian
Blood 110:4623-4. 2007
- Reduced intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation for adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a retrospective study from the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationMohamad Mohty
Service d Hematologie Clinique, CHU Hotel Dieu, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
Haematologica 93:303-6. 2008..01) were associated with an improved overall-survival, suggesting that reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation is feasible in patients with high risk lymphoblastic leukemia in remission at transplantation...
- The London Cord Blood Bank: analysis of banking and transplantation outcomeSue Davey
The London Cord Blood Bank, National Blood Service, Colindale Centre, London, UK
Br J Haematol 125:358-65. 2004..Two years after transplantation the survival rate was 69% and 54% for patients receiving a 6/6 or 5/6 HLA matched units, respectively. Infection was the main cause of transplanted related mortality in these patients...
- Treatment with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for acute leukemia increases the risk of graft-versus-host disease and death: a study from the Acute Leukemia Working Party of the European Group for Blood aOlle Ringden
Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Division of Clinical Immunology F79, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 22:416-23. 2004..Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) is given after bone marrow transplantation (BMT) to shorten the neutropenic phase. Its effects have not been evaluated in a large patient population...
- Results of syngeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute leukemia: risk factors for outcomes of adults transplanted in first complete remissionLoic Fouillard
Department of Hematology, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Haematologica 93:834-41. 2008..We report the outcomes of a large series of adult patients who underwent syngeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloblastic leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Recipient cytokine genotypes for TNF-alpha and IL-10 and the minor histocompatibility antigens HY and CD31 codon 125 are not associated with occurrence or severity of acute GVHD in unrelated cord blood transplantation: a retrospective analysisGesine Kogler
José Carreras Eurocord Netcord Bank Germany, Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Bldg 14 80, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Transplantation 74:1167-75. 2002....
- Identical outcome after autologous or allogeneic genoidentical hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation in first remission of acute myelocytic leukemia carrying inversion 16 or t(8;21): a retrospective study from the European Cooperative Group for Blood anNorbert Claude Gorin
Department of Hematology, Hopital Saint Antoine and Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Cedex 12 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3183-8. 2008..They presently do not undergo transplantation in first remission (CR1), but there is concern about late relapses...
- Genetic polymorphisms predicting the outcome of bone marrow transplantsAnne M Dickinson
Haematological Sciences, School of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Haematol 127:479-90. 2004..This review gives an overall perspective of the current field of non-HLA genetics with regard to HSCT outcome, clinical relevance and potential application of the results to clinical management of HSCT...
- Comparison of gene expression of umbilical cord vein and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsRodrigo A Panepucci
Center for Cell Therapy and Regional Blood Center, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Stem Cells 22:1263-78. 2004....
- Donor lymphocyte infusion in the treatment of first hematological relapse after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in adults with acute myeloid leukemia: a retrospective risk factors analysis and comparison with other strategies by the EBMT Acute LeukemChristoph Schmid
Department of Medicine II, Klinikum Augsburg, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Augsburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:4938-45. 2007..To evaluate the role of donor lymphocyte infusion (DLI) in the treatment of relapsed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Polyomavirus nephropathy in the native kidneys of an unrelated cord blood transplant recipient followed by a disseminated polyomavirus infectionSusan Shapiro
Transplantation 82:292-3. 2006
- Hematopoietic progenitor cel harvest and functionality in Fanconi anemia patientsJerome Larghero
Blood 100:3051. 2002