Genomes and Genes
- Risk factors and options to improve engraftment in unrelated cord blood transplantationAnna D Petropoulou
Universite de Paris 7, Hospital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Stem Cells Int 2011:610514. 2011..Those approaches may increase the quality and availability of UCB for transplantation...
- Searching for alternative hematopoietic stem cell donors for pediatric patientsV Rocha
Acute Leukaemia Working Party, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:207-14. 2008....
- Pediatric related and unrelated cord blood transplantation for malignant diseasesV Rocha
Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:653-9. 2009..This review will analyze the current results of CBT for pediatric patients with malignant diseases and the advantages and limitations of using this stem cell source...
- Improving outcomes of cord blood transplantation: HLA matching, cell dose and other graft- and transplantation-related factorsVanderson Rocha
Department of Haematology, Eurocord Netcord EBMT office, Institut universitaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite de Paris 7, 1 av Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Br J Haematol 147:262-74. 2009..This review will focus on the interactions between HLA, cell dose and other modifiable factors related to the UCB unit selection and transplantation that may improve outcomes after UCB transplantation...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning regimens before unrelated cord blood transplantation in adults with acute leukaemia and other haematological malignanciesVanderson Rocha
Eurocord office and Acute Leukemia Working Party of the European Blood and Marrow Transplant Group, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Curr Opin Oncol 21:S31-4. 2009..This paper will summarize some recent results of RIC UCBT for adults with haematological malignancies...
- Association of drug metabolism gene polymorphisms with toxicities, graft-versus-host disease and survival after HLA-identical sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with leukemiaV Rocha
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, University of Paris 7, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Leukemia 23:545-56. 2009..04, respectively).Genetic factors that interfere with drug metabolisms are associated with treatment-related toxicities, GvHD and survival after HLA-identical HSCT in patients with leukemia and should be investigated prospectively...
- Influence of bone marrow graft lymphocyte subsets on outcome after HLA-identical sibling transplantsV Rocha
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, 1, Av Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris, Cedex 10, France
Exp Hematol 29:1347-52. 2001..The aim of this study was to analyze bone marrow lymphocyte subsets and CD34 cell dose and their influence on the outcomes of bone marrow transplantation...
- Results of unrelated umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cell transplantE Gluckman
Eurocord Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant Department, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 8:146-54. 2001..In conclusion, this large registry study confirms the potential benefit of using umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cells for allogeneic transplants...
- Impact of comorbidity indexes on non-relapse mortalityA Xhaard
AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Service d Hématologie Greffe, Paris, France
Leukemia 22:2062-9. 2008..Translating use for patient's counseling or decision to proceed to transplant of these CIs will need prospective studies in a large independent cohort...
- Cord blood banking and transplant in Europe. EurocordE Gluckman
Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Vox Sang 74:95-101. 1998....
- Double cord blood transplantation in patients with high risk bone marrow failure syndromesA Ruggeri
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris University 7, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 143:404-8. 2008..Transplantation of two partially HLA-matched UCB thus enables salvage treatment of high-risk patients with BMFS...
- A 10-year median follow-up study after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase from HLA-identical sibling donorsM Robin
Service d hématologie greffe de moelle, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, Cedex, France
Leukemia 19:1613-20. 2005..We conclude that allogeneic transplantation with a related donor can cure more than half of CML patients in chronic phase, although physicians should be alert to long-term complications...
- Comparison of outcomes of unrelated bone marrow and umbilical cord blood transplants in children with acute leukemiaV Rocha
Eurocord-Cord Blood Transplant Group (CBTG) and Biostatistics Department, Saint Louis Hospital AP-HP, University of Paris 7, France
Blood 97:2962-71. 2001..39; 95CI: 0.97-1.99; P <.07). In conclusion, the use of UCBT, as a source of hematopoietic stem cells, is a reasonable option for children with AL lacking an acceptably matched unrelated marrow donor...
- Influence of CD34(+) marrow cell dose on outcome of HLA-identical sibling allogeneic bone marrow transplants in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemiaR Morariu-Zamfir
Laboratory of Cellular Therapy, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:575-80. 2001..5 (95% CI: 1.09-5.75), P = 0.03) and a lower number of marrow CD34(+) cells infused/kg (HR: 4.55 (95% CI: 1.87-10.90), P = 0.0008)...
- KIR-ligand incompatibility in the graft-versus-host direction improves outcomes after umbilical cord blood transplantation for acute leukemiaR Willemze
Clinical Research Unit, Eurocord Office, APHP, Hopital Saint Louis, Université de Paris VII, Paris, France
Leukemia 23:492-500. 2009..012), and 5 versus 36% (P=0.005), respectively). UCBT for acute leukemia in CR from KIR-ligand-incompatible donors is associated with decreased RI and improved LFS and OS...
- Long-term outcomes after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for children with hematological malignanciesC Ferry
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:219-24. 2007..With increased follow-up, development of late effects and of psycho-social disturbance are of major concern. While the use of single-dose TBI has now been abandoned, other risk factors are still of concern in the early 2000s...
- Tandem autologous non-myeloablative allogeneic transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma relapsing after a first high dose therapyL Karlin
Immuno hematology Unit, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:250-6. 2011..Thus, allo-SCT, in TT approach, provides a high response rate with low toxicity and may improve survival of patients with relapsing MM...
- Outcomes, infections, and immune reconstitution after double cord blood transplantation in patients with high-risk hematological diseasesA Ruggeri
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris University 7, Paris, France
Transpl Infect Dis 13:456-65. 2011..Delayed immune recovery and high incidence of infectious complications were observed after dUCBT in patients with high-risk hematological diseases...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation in adults with myelodysplasia or secondary acute myeloblastic leukemia: a survey on behalf of Eurocord and CLWP of EBMTM Robin
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, France
Leukemia 25:75-81. 2011..76; P=0.047). In spite of high NRM, these data indicate that UCBT is an acceptable alternative option to treat adults with high-risk MDS or sAML, without a suitable human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-matched donor...
- Impact of cytogenetics risk on outcome after reduced intensity conditioning allo-SCT from an HLA-identical sibling for patients with AML in first CR: a report from the acute leukemia working party of EBMTP Chevallier
Department of Haematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:1442-7. 2012..001, P=0.004). As documented in the setting of myeloablative allo-SCT, patients with poor cytogenetics had increased RR and decreased LFS after RIC allo-SCT, requiring new prospective strategies to improve results in this subgroup...
- Comparative outcome of reduced intensity and myeloablative conditioning regimen in HLA identical sibling allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients older than 50 years of age with acute myeloblastic leukaemia: a retrospective survey M Aoudjhane
EA1638 Université Paris 6, Acute Leukemia Working Party and European Group of Blood and Marrow Transplant Office Paris, Paris, France
Leukemia 19:2304-12. 2005..003) after RIC transplantation. Leukaemia-free survival was not statistically different between the two groups. These results may set the grounds for prospective trials comparing RIC with other strategies of treatment in elderly AML...
- Results of unrelated umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cell transplantationE Gluckman
Eurocord Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant and Biostatistics Departments, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Rev Clin Exp Hematol 5:87-99. 2001..This large registry study confirms the potential benefit of using umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem cells for allogeneic transplants...
- Activating KIR genes are associated with CMV reactivation and survival after non-T-cell depleted HLA-identical sibling bone marrow transplantation for malignant disordersC Chen
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Hopital Saint Louis, CIB HOG, AP HP, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:437-44. 2006..013, HR=0.29) and a lower incidence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) reactivation (P=0.009, HR=0.36). These data highlight the impact of donor-activating KIR genes on TRM, overall survival and CMV reactivation in HLA-identical sibling HSCT...
- Survival and prognostic factors of invasive aspergillosis after allogeneic bone marrow transplantationP Ribaud
Departement de Biostatistique et Informatique Medicale, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 28:322-30. 1999..0001)...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for poor graft function after allogeneic stem cell transplantation: 3 days of G-CSF identifies long-term respondersH Bittencourt
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:431-5. 2005..02) and GVHD (P = 0.005) were associated with higher risk of death. In conclusion, hematological response after 3 days with G-CSF predicted a better survival for patients with PGF after allo-SCT...
- History of the clinical use of umbilical cord blood hematopoietic cellsE Gluckman
Department of Hematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Eurocord Netcord Registry, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Cytotherapy 7:219-27. 2005..able to overcome the HLA barrier and authorize HLA-mismatched transplants? Is it possible to establish CB banks for unrelated and related transplants? What would be the criteria for collection, quality control and cryopreservation?..
- Analysis of risk factors influencing outcome in children with myelodysplastic syndrome after unrelated cord blood transplantationA B M Madureira
Eurocord Office, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Leukemia 25:449-54. 2011..017. These data suggest that transplantation of mismatched UCB graft is an acceptable alternative for children without a matched sibling or suitably matched unrelated adult donor...
- Comparison of outcomes after single or double cord blood transplantation in adults with acute leukemia using different types of myeloablative conditioning regimen, a retrospective study on behalf of Eurocord and the Acute Leukemia Working Party of EBMTA Ruggeri
1 Eurocord, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, and IUH University Paris VII, Paris, France 2 Rome Transplant Network, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Leukemia 28:779-86. 2014..The choice of TBF conditioning regimen for sUCBT may improve results, and whether this regimen may be effective in dUCBT should be further analyzed...
- Impact of HLA mismatch direction on outcomes after umbilical cord blood transplantation for hematological malignant disorders: a retrospective Eurocord-EBMT analysisR Cunha
EUROCORD, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 49:24-9. 2014..On the basis of our results, there is no evidence to support a change in the current practice for cord blood unit selection. ..
- Indications and results of cord blood transplant in children with leukemiaE Gluckman
Eurocord Hematology Department, APHP University Paris VII, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:S80-2. 2008..In conclusion, UCB is a valuable alternative source of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children with acute leukemia who need an allogeneic transplant, but lack a suitable sibling donor...
- Comparison of outcomes after unrelated cord blood and unmanipulated haploidentical stem cell transplantation in adults with acute leukemiaA Ruggeri
Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Hématologie et Thérapie Cellulaire, AP HP, Paris, France
Leukemia 29:1891-900. 2015..Both strategies expand the donor pool for patients in need. ..
- A prospective registration study to determine feasibility of hematopoietic SCT in adults with acute leukemia: planning, expectations and realityM Labopin
1 Paris EBMT Data Coordination Office, Hospital Saint Antoine, APHP, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC and INSERM U 938, Paris, France 2 Department of Hematology and Cell Therapy, Hospital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 49:376-81. 2014..Because OS was 50% only at 3 years and only 57% of the patients without a MSD underwent SCT, this suggests room for improvement in outcomes for adults with acute leukemia. ..
- Cord blood transplantation in aplastic anemiaR Peffault de Latour
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hôpital Saint Louis APHP, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:201-2. 2013..9 × 10(7)/kg TNC/kg) on both engraftment and OS using cord blood as stem cell source in severe aplastic anemia. However, this procedure is still experimental and should be evaluated only through prospective clinical trials...
- Impact of HLA in cord blood transplantation outcomesA Ruggeri
Service d Hématologie et Thérapie Cellulaire, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
HLA 87:413-21. 2016..Understanding those interactions, the role of HLA mismatches and other immunogenic factors, are important to allow clinicians to choose the best cord blood graft for patients. This review will describe the role of HLA in UCBT setting. ..
- Cause of death after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in early leukaemias: an EBMT analysis of lethal infectious complications and changes over calendar timeA Gratwohl
Division of Hematology, University Hospitals, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:757-69. 2005..Death from infections has been reduced significantly, but it still represents an ongoing risk after HSCT and draws attention to the time beyond the initial period of neutropenia...
- High-resolution HLA typing by sequencing for HLA-A, -B, -C, -DR, -DQ in 122 unrelated cord blood/patient pair transplants hardly improves long-term clinical outcomeG Kogler
José Carreras EUROCORD NETCORD Bank Germany at the Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, University of Duesseldorf Medical School, Dusseldorf, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:1033-41. 2005..01). No significant correlation was found between numbers of HLA-MM on the HR level with 2-year survival. The analysis shows that the degree of mismatching in UCBT is even higher than expected...
- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation for haematological diseases, solid tumours and immune disorders: definitions and current practice in EuropeP Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:439-49. 2006..The introduction of alternative therapies has challenged well-established indications such as imatinib for chronic myeloid leukaemia. An updated report with revised tables and operating definitions is presented here...
- HLA-identical sibling allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with reduced intensity conditioning compared to autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for elderly patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaA L Herr
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Leukemia 21:129-35. 2007..Therefore, there was no survival advantage in this subgroup. In patients in 2nd or subsequent CR, LFS and OS were superior in the RIC group. RIC transplants show encouraging results in this older patient population with de novo AML...
- Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation trends in children over the last three decades: a survey by the paediatric diseases working party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationM Miano
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, IRCSS Giannina Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:89-99. 2007..0001) had higher TRM. Indications for paediatric HSCT have changed considerably during the last seven years. These changes provide tools for decision making in health-care planning and counselling...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for adults with acute promyelocytic leukemia in the ATRA era: a survey of the European Cooperative Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationM A Sanz
Hematology Service, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:461-9. 2007..Female recipient, a female donor to male recipient and transplants performed before 1997 were associated with decreased RI. In conclusion, HSCT still appears to have a role in APL, especially for patients in CR2...
- The EBMT activity survey 2006 on hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: focus on the use of cord blood productsA Gratwohl
Hematology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:687-705. 2008..Numbers of autologous HSCT remained similar in most main indications. This data provide an update of the current HSCT experience in Europe...
- Strategies of the donor search for children with second CR ALL lacking a matched sibling donorE Lanino
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, IRCCS G Gaslini, Genoa, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:S75-9. 2008..Some institutions consider haploidentical HSCT the second therapeutic option when a matched donor is not available...
- Use of intrathecal prophylaxis in allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for malignant blood diseases: a survey of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)T Ruutu
Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, POB 340, FIN 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:121-4. 2005..Based on the rarity of isolated CNS relapse after allogeneic stem cell transplantation, EBMT does not recommend routine i.t. prophylaxis to patients without prior CNS involvement...
- Transplantation of peripheral blood stem cells as compared with bone marrow from HLA-identical siblings in adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemiaO Ringden
Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 20:4655-64. 2002..However, the data are inconsistent with regard to acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), relapse, transplant-related mortality (TRM), and leukemia-free survival (LFS)...
- International forum. Use of umbilical cord blood progenitor cells as an alternative for bone marrow transplantationC P Engelfriet
Central Laboratory of the Blood Transfusion Service Sanquin, Plenmanlaan 125, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 83:172-87. 2002