- Low-amplitude non-linear volume vibrations of single microbubbles measured with an "acoustical camera"Guillaume Renaud
Biomedical Engineering, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 40:1282-95. 2014..Because of the large number of measurements, we provide a statistical characterization of the low-amplitude non-linear properties of the contrast agent. ..
- Anisotropy of dynamic acoustoelasticity in limestone, influence of conditioning, and comparison with nonlinear resonance spectroscopyG Renaud
Laboratoire d Imagerie Paramétrique, UPMC Paris 6, CNRS UMR 7623, 15 rue de l école de médecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 133:3706-18. 2013..Mechanisms causing conditioning are likely producing amplitude-dependent dissipation as well...
- Counter-propagating wave interaction for contrast-enhanced ultrasound imagingG Renaud
Biomedical Engineering, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Med Biol 57:L9-18. 2012..Unlike the default mode of the scanner using amplitude modulation to detect microbubbles, the pulse sequence exploiting counter-propagating wave interaction creates no pseudoenhancement behind the cavity in the contrast image...
- Chirp resonance spectroscopy of single lipid-coated microbubbles using an "acoustical camera"G Renaud
Department of Biomedical Engineering ThoraxCenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Acoust Soc Am 132:EL470-5. 2012..An average damping coefficient of 0.33 and an average resonance frequency of 2.5 MHz were measured. Microbubbles experienced an average peak radial strain of 20%...
- Nonlinear elastodynamics in micro-inhomogeneous solids observed by head-wave based dynamic acoustoelastic testingG Renaud
Laboratoire d Imagerie Paramétrique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7623, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 130:3583-9. 2011..Additionally to the metrology of the acoustic nonlinearity, head wave based dynamic acoustoelastic testing may be a useful tool to monitor changes in the microstructure or the accumulation of damage in solids...
- Dynamic acoustoelastic testing of weakly pre-loaded unconsolidated water-saturated glass beadsGuillaume Renaud
INSERM U930 CNRS ERL3106 Université François Rabelais UFR Médecine, 10 boulevard Tonnellé, 37000 Tours, France
J Acoust Soc Am 128:3344-54. 2010..Furthermore acoustic nonlinearities are measured in cases of quasi-static and dynamic variations of the LF wave amplitude, providing quantitatively similar acoustic nonlinearities but qualitatively different...
- New quantification methods for carotid intra-plaque neovascularization using contrast-enhanced ultrasoundZeynettin Akkus
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Med Biol 40:25-36. 2014..01). IPNSA was the best match to visual scoring. These results indicate that IPNSA, IPNSR and MVN may have the potential to replace qualitative visual scoring and to measure the degree of carotid IPN. ..
- Dynamic manipulation of the subharmonic scattering of phospholipid-coated microbubblesTelli Faez
Biomedical Engineering Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Med Biol 56:6459-73. 2011..These results present new potentials for in vitro characterization of contrast agent microbubbles and possibly a new imaging modality...
- Assessment of carotid atherosclerosis, intraplaque neovascularization, and plaque ulceration using quantitative contrast-enhanced ultrasound in asymptomatic patients with diabetes mellitusStijn C H van den Oord
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Thoraxcenter Room Ba304, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Biomedical Engineering, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 15:1213-8. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of subclinical carotid atherosclerosis, intraplaque neovascularization (IPN), and plaque ulceration in asymptomatic patients with DM...
- High-accuracy acoustic detection of nonclassical component of material nonlinearitySylvain Haupert
Laboratoire d Imagerie Paramétrique, UPMC Univ Paris 06, CNRS, UMR 7623, Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 130:2654-61. 2011....
- Assessment of subclinical atherosclerosis using contrast-enhanced ultrasoundStijn C H van den Oord
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter Room Ba 304, Erasmus Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 14:56-61. 2013..The aim of this study is to assess whether contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) added to standard carotid ultrasound improves the detection of subclinical atherosclerosis...
- Imaging microvasculature with contrast-enhanced ultraharmonic ultrasoundDavid Maresca
Biomedical Engineering Department, Thorax Centre, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 40:1318-28. 2014..The feasibility of microvasculature imaging with intravascular ultrasound sets the stage for a translation of the method to studies of intra-plaque neovascularization detection in humans...
- Contrast-enhanced intravascular ultrasound pulse sequences for bandwidth-limited transducersDavid Maresca
Biomedical Engineering, Thorax Centre, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Med Biol 39:706-13. 2013..Ultraharmonic imaging provided the best contrast agent detection...
- Dynamic acousto-elastic testing applied to a highly dispersive medium and evidence of shell buckling of lipid-coated gas microbubblesGuillaume Renaud
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, CNRS UMR 7371, INSERM UMR S 1146, Laboratoire d Imagerie Biomédicale, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 138:2668. 2015..This supports the occurrence of shell buckling of lipid-coated microbubbles induced by the 16 kHz pressure wave. ..
- Non-linear response and viscoelastic properties of lipid-coated microbubbles: DSPC versus DPPCTom van Rooij
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Thorax Center, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Ultrasound Med Biol 41:1432-45. 2015..Because of their higher acoustical stability and higher non-linear response, DSPC-coated microbubbles may be more suitable for contrast-enhanced ultrasound...