Genomes and Genes
- Proteins involved in uptake, intracellular transport and basolateral secretion of fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids by mammalian enterocytesEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260 Lipid Nutrients and Prevention of Metabolic Diseases, F 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Prog Lipid Res 50:388-402. 2011..Indeed, these drugs may also interfere with lipid vitamin uptake. A better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in fat-soluble vitamin and carotenoid absorption is a priority to better optimize their bioavailability...
- Vitamin D intestinal absorption is not a simple passive diffusion: evidences for involvement of cholesterol transportersEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prevention des Maladies Metaboliques, Marseille, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:691-702. 2011..It is assumed that vitamin D is absorbed by passive diffusion. However, since cholecalciferol (vitamin D(3) ) and cholesterol display similar structures, we hypothesized that common absorption pathways may exist...
- Phytosterols can impair vitamin D intestinal absorption in vitro and in miceAurélie Goncalves
INRA, UMR 1260 Lipid Nutriments and Prevention of Metabolique Dieases, Marseille, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:S303-11. 2011....
- Human fasting plasma concentrations of vitamin E and carotenoids, and their association with genetic variants in apo C-III, cholesteryl ester transfer protein, hepatic lipase, intestinal fatty acid binding protein and microsomal triacylglycerol transfer pPatrick Borel
INRA, UMR 1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prévention des Maladies Métaboliques, Marseille, France
Br J Nutr 101:680-7. 2009..These results suggest that apo C-III, CETP and hepatic lipase play a role in determining the plasma concentrations of tocopherols while hepatic lipase and I-FABP may modulate plasma concentrations of carotenoids...
- Lycopene absorption in human intestinal cells and in mice involves scavenger receptor class B type I but not Niemann-Pick C1-like 1Myriam Moussa
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prevention des Maladies Metaboliques, F 13385 Marseille, France
J Nutr 138:1432-6. 2008..Thus, the present data show that lycopene absorption is, at least in part, mediated by SR-BI but not by NPC1L1...
- Respective contributions of intestinal Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 and scavenger receptor class B type I to cholesterol and tocopherol uptake: in vivo v. in vitro studiesEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260 Lipid Nutrients and Prevention of Metabolic Diseases, Marseille F 13385, France
Br J Nutr 107:1296-304. 2012..Thus, cholesterol and tocopherol uptakes share common pathways in cell culture models, but display different in vivo absorption patterns associated with distinct contributions of SR-BI and NPC1L1...
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 is significantly involved in the intestinal absorption of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol but not in that of retinyl palmitate in miceEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260, Nutriments Lipidiques et Prévention des Maladies Métaboliques, INSERM, U476, Université Aix Marseille 1, Université Aix Marseille 2, Faculte de Medecine, IPHM IFR 125, Marseille, France
Am J Clin Nutr 89:177-84. 2009..It has long been assumed that newly absorbed vitamin A and E enter the body only via enterocyte-produced chylomicrons. However, recent results in cell cultures have shown that a fraction of alpha-tocopherol is secreted with intestinal HDL...
- Fatty acids affect micellar properties and modulate vitamin D uptake and basolateral efflux in Caco-2 cellsAurélie Goncalves
INRA, UMR 1260 Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, F 13385 Marseille, France INSERM, UMR U1062, F 13385 Marseille, France Aix Marseille University, F 13385 Marseille, France Lesieur, Asnières sur Seine, France
J Nutr Biochem 24:1751-7. 2013..Cholecalciferol intestinal absorption may thus be optimized according to oil FA composition. ..
- Absorption of vitamin A and carotenoids by the enterocyte: focus on transport proteinsEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260, Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, Marseille F 13385, France
Nutrients 5:3563-81. 2013..Further progress in the identification of the proteins involved in intestinal transport of vitamin A and carotenoids across the enterocyte is of major importance for optimizing their bioavailability. ..
- Vitamin E decreases endogenous cholesterol synthesis and apo-AI-mediated cholesterol secretion in Caco-2 cellsJean Francois Landrier
INRA, UMR1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prevention des Maladies Metaboliques, Marseille, F 13385 France
J Nutr Biochem 21:1207-13. 2010..The outcome is a decrease of LXR activity, resulting in down-regulation of ABCA1. These data reinforce the effect of α- and γ-tocopherol on cholesterol metabolism via gene expression regulation...
- Differential effect of dietary antioxidant classes (carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamins C and E) on lutein absorptionEmmanuelle Reboul
INSERM, U476, Marseille, France
Br J Nutr 97:440-6. 2007..Taken together, the present results suggest that lutein absorption is not markedly affected by physiological concentrations of vitamins C and E but can be impaired by carotenoids and naringenin..
- Micellar lipid composition affects micelle interaction with class B scavenger receptor extracellular loopsAurélie Goncalves
INRA, UMR 1260 Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, F 13385 Marseille, France INSERM, UMR 1062, F 13385 Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, F 13385 Marseille, France
J Lipid Res 56:1123-33. 2015..Our findings show for the first time that micellar lipid composition and micellar properties are key factors governing micelle interactions with SRs. ..
- Fat-soluble vitamin intestinal absorption: absorption sites in the intestine and interactions for absorptionAurélie Goncalves
INRA, UMR1260 Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, F 13385 Marseille, France INSERM, UMR U1062, F 13385 Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, Faculte de Medecine, F 13385 Marseille, France Lesieur, F 92600 Asnières sur Seine, France
Food Chem 172:155-60. 2015..These results should be taken into account, especially for supplement formulation, to optimise FSV absorption. ..
- Intestinal scavenger receptors are involved in vitamin K1 absorptionAurélie Goncalves
From INRA, UMR 1260 Nutrition, Obesity, and Risk of Thrombosis, F 13385 Marseille, France, INSERM, UMR 1062, F 13385 Marseille, France, Aix Marseille Universite, F 13385 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 289:30743-52. 2014..Overall, the present data demonstrate for the first time that intestinal scavenger receptors participate in the absorption of dietary phylloquinone. ..
- Human plasma levels of vitamin E and carotenoids are associated with genetic polymorphisms in genes involved in lipid metabolismPatrick Borel
INSERM, U476 Nutrition Humaine et Lipides, INRA, UMR1260, and Univ Méditerranée Aix Marseille 2, Faculte de Medecine, IPHM IFR 125, Marseille, F 13385 France
J Nutr 137:2653-9. 2007..These results suggest that genes involved in lipid metabolism influence the plasma concentrations of these fat-soluble micronutrients...
- Comparison of different vehicles to study the effect of tocopherols on gene expression in intestinal cellsJean Francois Landrier
INRA, UMR1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prevention des Maladies Metaboliques, Marseille, France
Free Radic Res 42:523-30. 2008..This study establishes mixed micelles as the best vehicle to deliver tocopherols to intestinal cell monolayers in culture...
- β-lactoglobulin as a vector for β-carotene food fortificationAzza Mensi
Biopolymères Interactions Assemblages, INRA, UR 1268, F 44316 Nantes, France
J Agric Food Chem 62:5916-24. 2014..Overall, we showed that β-Lg would be a good vector for β-carotene food fortification. ..
- CD36 and SR-BI are involved in cellular uptake of provitamin A carotenoids by Caco-2 and HEK cells, and some of their genetic variants are associated with plasma concentrations of these micronutrients in humansPatrick Borel
INRA, UMR1260 Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, Marseille, France
J Nutr 143:448-56. 2013..In conclusion, SR-BI and CD36 are involved in cellular uptake of provitamin A carotenoids, and genetic variations in their encoding genes may modulate plasma concentrations of provitamin A carotenoids at a population level...
- Simple and fast HPLC method for simultaneous determination of retinol, tocopherols, coenzyme Q(10) and carotenoids in complex samplesBéatrice Gleize
INRA, UMR 1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prévention des Maladies Métaboliques, Marseille F 13385, France
Food Chem 134:2560-4. 2012..The intra-day and inter-day coefficients of variation are suitable for routine clinical and scientific applications for the determination of lipid micronutrients from various sample types...
- Cluster-determinant 36 (CD36) impacts on vitamin E postprandial responseAurélie Goncalves
INRA, UMR 1260, Nutrition, Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, Marseille, France INSERM, UMR 1062, Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, Marseille, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 58:2297-306. 2014..A single nucleotide polymorphism in the cluster determinant 36 (CD36) gene has recently been associated with plasma α-tocopherol concentration, suggesting a possible role of this protein in vitamin E intestinal absorption or tissue uptake...
- Enrichment of tomato paste with 6% tomato peel increases lycopene and beta-carotene bioavailability in menEmmanuelle Reboul
INSERM, U476 Nutrition Humaine et Lipides, INRA, UMR 1260, Univ Méditerranée Aix Marseille 2, Marseille F 13385, France
J Nutr 135:790-4. 2005..1%, P = 0.093). Peel enrichment of tomato paste with tomato peel is an interesting option for increasing lycopene and beta-carotene intakes...
- Cholesterol transport via ABCA1: new insights from solid-phase binding assayEmmanuelle Reboul
INRA, UMR1260 Nutrition Obesity and Risk of Thrombosis, F 13385 Marseille, France
Biochimie 95:957-61. 2013..Overall, our data support the hypothesis that ABCA1 is able to mediate the transport of cholesterol from cells without direct interaction and that apo A-I primarily binds to membrane surface or accessory protein(s)...