R A Rakotoarivelo
- [Paradoxical reactions induced by antituberculous drugs in non-HIV infected patients: a cases series of four patients and literature review]R A Rakotoarivelo
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Saint André, 1, rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
Rev Med Interne 34:202-8. 2013..The features of paradoxical reactions (PR) that occurred in non-HIV infected patients treated with antituberculous drugs are diverse. We report four new cases of such PR and review the literature...
- [Assessment of the management of cases of fever and malaria by general practitioners in the central Highlands of Madagascar, 2009-2010]R A Rakotoarivelo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU d Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Sante Trop 22:317-22. 2012..Malaria remains endemic in the central Highlands of Madagascar. Efforts should be undertaken to improve prescription of antimalarial drugs...
- [Post-malaria neurological syndrome complicating a Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Madagascar]R A Rakotoarivelo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, hôpital Joseph Raseta Befelatanana, CHU d Antananarivo, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 105:199-201. 2012..The management of such a syndrome is radically different from non-severe malaria. No specific treatment is needed...
- [Severe presentations of Rift Valley Fever in Madagascar]R A Rakotoarivelo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Joseph Raseta, CHU d Antananarivo, 101, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Mal Infect 41:318-21. 2011..The authors describe clinical and epidemiologic characteristics of severe presentations of Rift valley fever (RVF) during the 2008 epidemic in Madagascar...
- [Epidemiological, clinical and therapeutic aspects of severe malaria in adults in hospital in Antananarivo, Madagascar]R A Rakotoarivelo
USFR des maladies infectieuses, CHUA HJR de Befelatanana, 101 Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 102:215-6. 2009..Diagnosis was made 6.54 days after the onset of the disease. Mortality rate was 11.5%. Self-medication, inappropriate primary care and delayed diagnosis represented risk factors for severe malaria in our cohort...
- [African histoplasmosis in an immunocompetent Malagasy patient.]R A Rakotoarivelo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, hôpital Joseph Raseta Befelatanana, CHU d Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 103:19-21. 2010..Management of African histoplasmosis encountered many problems because of the availability of amphotericin B and cost of the biochemical tests in order to prevent major side effects in case of failure of oral antimycotic drug...
- [Relation between Shistosoma mansoni and hepatosplenomegalies]E J Rakotonirina
Institut national de santé publique et communautaire, Befelatanana, BP 176 Antananarivo 101, Madagascar
Sante 20:15-9. 2010..The symptoms may remain unnoticed or be ignored, for the seriousness of intestinal schistosomiasis is due mainly to its hepatosplenic complications...
- [Causes of death in a sample of cirrhotic patients from Madagascar]S H Razafimahefa
Service de Gastroenterologie, hôpital Joseph Raseta Befelatanana, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Trop (Mars) 70:163-5. 2010..Cirrhotic patients have poorer life expectancy than the general population. The purpose of this study was to identify causes of death in a sample of cirrhotic patients from Madagascar...
- [Adhesion of physicians to the national malaria policy: situation in Antananarivo (Madagascar), 5 years after the policy revision]R L Andrianasolo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CH Joseph Raseta Befelatanana, CHU d Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Sante Trop 22:177-81. 2012..Physician adhesion, training and confidence are essential to this policy and to changing physician behavior. Improvement of the health system is also needed...
- [A misleading case of hypereosinophilia revealing colonic adenocarcinoma in a patient from a tropical area]J F Laingo Andrianarison
Service d Oncologie, Hôpital Joseph Ravoahangy Andrianavalona, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Trop (Mars) 69:517-9. 2009..This case underlines the value of methodical investigation of hypereosinophilia in tropical areas where parasitic aetiologies are frequent...
- [Discrimination of HIV infected persons in medical settings in Madagascar]R L Andrianasolo
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, HJR Befelatanana, CHU d Antananarivo, 101 Antananarivo, Madagascar
Med Mal Infect 41:2-6. 2011..The objective of our study was to describe the discrimination profile of healthcare personnel towards people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in medical settings in Madagascar...
- [Thyroid cancers in Madagascar]A H N Rakotoarisoa
Service d ORL, HJRA, CHU d Antananarivo, 101, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 103:233-7. 2010..Despite its limits, this study may be used as reference about thyroid cancer in Madagascar. Further studies are required to find out other factors involved in the development of this disease...