I Poizot Martin
- Lack of correlation between the size of HIV proviral DNA reservoir and the level of immune activation in HIV-infected patients with a sustained undetectable HIV viral load for 10 yearsIsabelle Poizot-Martin
Aix Marseille University, APHM Sainte Marguerite, Service d Immuno hématologie clinique, INSERM, U912 SESSTIM, Marseille, France
J Clin Virol 57:351-5. 2013..The persistence of HIV residual replication in patients with an undetectable plasma viral load (pVL) may limit immune recovery and facilitate inflammation-induced comorbidities...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of benfluorex in HIV-infected patients with insulin resistance or impaired glucose toleranceI Poizot-Martin
CISIH SUD Clinical Research Department, pôle oncologie spécialités médicales et chirurgicales, CHU Sainte Marguerite, APHM, Marseille, France
HIV Clin Trials 10:33-40. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess whether administration of BFL compared to placebo (PBO) improves insulin resistance (IR) in HIV+ patients with HAART- induced lipodystrophy...
- [Choice of the initial treatment in HIV1 infected patients]I Poizot Martin
CISIH Sud, CHU Sainte Marguerite, 270, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 37:767-72. 2007
- Benfluorex as a therapeutic option for insulin resistance in HIV lipodystrophy syndromeI Poizot-Martin
CISIH Sud, Clinical Research Department, Hôpital Sainte Marguerite CHU, and INSERM U379, Marseille, France
HIV Clin Trials 5:86-90. 2004..The therapeutic management of this syndrome has not yet been well established. Benfluorex is known to decrease insulin resistance with no side effects on lactate levels in HIV-negative patients...
- Nelfinavir in HIV-HCV coinfected patients: a 24-month follow-up in a cohort of 82 patientsI Poizot-Martin
CISIH Sud, Clinical Research Department, Hôpital Sainte Marguerite CHU, Marseille, France, INSERM U379, Marseille, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 21:841-4. 2005..Cholesterol, triglyceride, and glycemia distributions remained stable over time. In conclusion, this study showed a good hepatic and metabolic tolerance of a long-term NFV-combined regimen in HIV-HCV coinfected patients...
- Prevalence of drug resistant mutants and virological response to combination therapy in patients with primary HIV-1 infectionC Tamalet
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Timone, Marseille, France
J Med Virol 61:181-6. 2000..Other factors, such as adherence to treatment, tolerance and pharmacokinetics parameters are probably major determinants of virological response in patients with early therapeutic intervention...
- The French national prospective cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH): early findings, 2006-2010Marc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U897 and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:303. 2010..The ANRS CO 13 HEPAVIH cohort was set up to explore these critical questions.To describe the cohort aims and organization, monitoring and data collection procedures, baseline characteristics, as well as follow-up findings to date...
- [Medical care for HIV infection in France in 2005, the NADIS cohort study on 7416 patients]I Poizot-Martin
Unité CISIH Sud, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270, boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 36:454-9. 2006..This study had for aim to evaluate the immuno-virological and therapeutic profile of a cohort of 7416 HIV-1 infected patients followed in six French hospital with the Nadis software...
- Determinants and evolution of squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-infected women, 1991-2004M P Drogoul-Vey
CISIH Sud, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 19:1052-7. 2007..These results reflect the change in gynaecologic management of HIV-infected women after HAART introduction but also underline the necessity to maintain a regular gynaecologic screening for HIV-infected women...
- Hospitalization for depressive syndrome in a cohort of HIV-infected patients contaminated through injecting drug use: MANIF 2000 cohort, France, 1995-1999C Marimoutou
Dr ORS PACA, Marseille, France
AIDS Care 15:729-34. 2003..Scheduled psychiatric consultations for these patients would permit us to identify those for whom major depression might lead to hospitalization and provide them with timely and appropriate care...
- Efficacy and tolerance of HCV treatment in HIV-HCV coinfected patients: the potential interaction of PI treatmentI Poizot-Martin
CISIH Sud, Département de Recherche Clinique RCCS, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, CHU de Marseille, France
HIV Clin Trials 4:262-8. 2003..To evaluate tolerance and efficacy of an open-label interferon-ribavirin treatment and their determinants in 62 HCV-HIV coinfected patients in routine followup...
- Discrepancy between blood and cerebral didanosine effects in HIV patients: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyI Poizot-Martin
Centre d Information et de Suivi de l Immunodéficience Humaine CISIH, CHU Ste Marguerite, Marseille, France
Eur Neurol 53:223-5. 2005
- The impact of methadone or buprenorphine treatment and ongoing injection on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) adherence: evidence from the MANIF2000 cohort studyPerrine Roux
INSERM U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Addiction 103:1828-36. 2008..This study was conducted in order to evaluate whether receiving take-home methadone and buprenorphine may ensure better adherence to HAART in individuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through injection drug use (IDU)...
- [CCR5-antagonists: contribution of a new antiretroviral class to the management of HIV infection]I Poizot-Martin
Service d immunohématologie clinique, centre d informations et de soins de l immunodéficience humaine et des hépatites virales, CIC Antenne Sud, pôle oncologie spécialités médicales et chirurgicales, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 40:245-55. 2010....
- Determinants of the underreporting of alcohol consumption by HIV/HCV co-infected patients during face-to-face medical interviews: the role of the physicianP Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 116:228-32. 2011....
- How does loss to follow-up influence cohort findings on HIV infection? A joint analysis of the French hospital database on HIV, Mortalité 2000 survey and death certificatesE Lanoy
INSERM, U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:236-45. 2009....
- [Causes of hospitalization and death in the MANIF 2000 cohort, composed of HIV-infected patients contaminated by intravenous drug use, 1995-1999]C Marimoutou
Unité INSERM 379, Marseille
Presse Med 32:587-94. 2003..To describe the causes of hospitalization and mortality among the MANIF 2000 cohort study, composed of HIV-infected patients contaminated through intravenous drug use...
- Risk for opportunistic disease and death after reinitiating continuous antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV previously receiving episodic therapy: a randomized trialW M El-Sadr
Ann Intern Med 149:289-99. 2008..Episodic use of antiretroviral therapy guided by CD4+ cell counts is inferior to continuous antiretroviral therapy...
- Atazanavir in patients with persistent viral replication despite HAART: results from the French prospective NADIS cohortL Cuzin
CISIH Hôpital Purpan, Toulouse, France
HIV Clin Trials 9:147-51. 2008..To assess virological efficacy of a ritonavir-boosted atazanavir (ATV/r)-containing regimen in patients with persistent viral replication despite HAART...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Inferior clinical outcome of the CD4+ cell count-guided antiretroviral treatment interruption strategy in the SMART study: role of CD4+ Cell counts and HIV RNA levels during follow-upJens D Lundgren
Copenhagen HIV Programme CHIP, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Infect Dis 197:1145-55. 2008..Rates and predictors of opportunistic disease or death (OD/death) and the relative risk (RR) in DC versus VS groups according to the latest CD4+ cell count and HIV RNA level are reported...
- Major clinical outcomes in antiretroviral therapy (ART)-naive participants and in those not receiving ART at baseline in the SMART studySean Emery
Therapeutic and Vaccine Research Program, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, 376 Victoria St, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 197:1133-44. 2008..In the DC group, participants started ART when the CD4+ cell count was <250 cells/microL. Clinical outcomes in participants not receiving ART at entry inform the early use of ART...
- [Demographic, clinical, immunovirological and therapeutic features of 8714 HIV infected French patients included in the Nadis Hospital Cohorte in 2006]X De La Tribonniere
Service Regional Universitaire des Maladies Infectieuses et du Voyageur, Universite de Lille 2, Hôpital Dron, 135, rue du Président Coty, 59208 Tourcoing, France
Med Mal Infect 38:299-308. 2008..The authors had for aim to describe demographic, immunovirilogical and therapeutic characteristics of HIV infected patients enrolled in a French clinical cohort...
- Characteristics trends, mortality and morbidity in persons newly diagnosed HIV positive during the last decade: the profile of new HIV diagnosed peopleC Delpierre
INSERM U558, IFR126, Toulouse, F 31073, France
Eur J Public Health 18:345-7. 2008..This population is mainly diagnosed late with major consequences on morbidity and mortality...
- [Health related quality of life among HIV-HCV co-infected patients]M Preau
INSERM U379 ORS PACA, Marseille
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 54:1S33-1S43. 2006....
- [The Nadis cohort: 6236 HIV-infected patients followed up in French university hospitals]R Agher
La Pitié Salpêtrière, France
Med Mal Infect 35:407-10. 2005..The Nadis electronic medical patient record allows real time constitution of a database including the clinical, therapeutic, biological, and epidemiological features of HIV-positive patients...
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Mycobacterium avium brain abscess at the initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapyP Berger
Unite des Rickettsies CNRS UMR 6020, IFR 48, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:142-4. 2004