- Progestogen-only contraceptives and the risk of acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisZeina Chakhtoura
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris Descartes University, 75004 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1169-74. 2011..While progestogen-only contraceptives (POC) are commonly used worldwide, their impact on cardiovascular diseases is poorly investigated and remains unclear...
- [A French exception. Transdermal postmenopausal hormone therapy]Genevieve Plu-Bureau
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Hopital Hotel Dieu, AP HP, 75004 Paris
Rev Prat 60:1122-3, 1125-30. 2010..These data are fundamental to assess the short-term risk-benefit balance that appears on the current available data favorable to the transdermal route of administration...
- Cyclical mastalgia and breast cancer risk: results of a French cohort studyGenevieve Plu-Bureau
Department of Reproductive Endocrinology, Hospital Necker, Paris, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1229-31. 2006..It might be a confounding factor when assessing the effects of hormonal treatments on breast cancer risk such as hormonal replacement therapy or oral contraceptives...
- [Hormonal contraception and risk of venous thromboembolism: When to ask for an assessment of hemostasis? Which parameters?]G Plu-Bureau
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:448-54. 2008..On the other hand, this biological research is not systematically recommended before any prescription of hormonal contraception in patients having neither previous personal nor family history of venous thrombosis...
- Influence of hormonal control on LH pulsatility and secretion in women with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasiaAnne Bachelot
AP HP, Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Centre de Référence des Maladies Endocriniennes Rares de la Croissance, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Site Pitié, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 167:499-505. 2012..Our aim was to evaluate the gonadotropic axis and LH pulsatility patterns and to determine factor(s) that could account for the potential abnormality of LH pulsatility...
- Hormonal contraceptives and arterial disease: an epidemiological updateGenevieve Plu-Bureau
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hôpital Universitaire Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 27:35-45. 2013..23 for MI risk and 0.99 for ischemic stroke). In conclusion, newer generation formulations of COCs, as well as the non-oral hormonal contraceptive, do not seem to be safer than second generation hormonal contraceptives...
- Death-associated protein kinase loss of expression is a new marker for breast cancer prognosisDelphine Lévy
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:3124-30. 2004..We analyzed the level of DAP-kinase expression in breast cancer specimens and its correlation with survival...
- Progestogen-only contraceptives and the risk of stroke: a meta-analysisZeina Chakhtoura
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Stroke 40:1059-62. 2009..The association between combined oral contraceptives (OC) use and increased risk of stroke has been reported. While progestogen-only contraceptives (POC) are commonly used worldwide, their impact on cardiovascular disease remains unclear...
- Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy and Risk of Stroke: Impact of the Route of Estrogen Administration and Type of ProgestogenMarianne Canonico
From the Université Paris Saclay, Univ Paris Sud, UVSQ, Centre de Recheche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations, Inserm UMRS1018, Villejuif, France M C, E O, A S M, A E, P Y S Institut de veille sanitaire InVS, Département des Maladies Chroniques et des, Traumatismes, F 94415 Saint Maurice, France L C APHP, Hôpitaux Paris Centre, Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Paris, 75014, France et Université Paris Descartes G P B Université Paris Saclay, Univ Paris Sud, UVSQ, Biostatistics, Biomathematics, Pharmacoepidemiology and Infectious Diseases, INSERM UMRS1181, Villejuif, France P T B and Institut Pasteur, Paris, France P T B
Stroke 47:1734-41. 2016..However, the differential association of oral and transdermal estrogens with stroke remains poorly investigated. Furthermore, there are no data regarding the impact of progestogens...
- Epidemiology of hormonal contraceptives-related venous thromboembolismJustine Hugon-Rodin
Department of Gynecology and EndocrinologyHôpitaux Universitaires Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 171:R221-30. 2014..Further studies are needed to conclude on the combinations containing NGM or low doses of EE associated with GSD. ..
- Are we overestimating the stroke risk related to contraceptive pills?Anne Gompel
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Universite Paris Descartes, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Centre, APHP, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 27:29-34. 2014..Given the benefits associated with combined hormonal contraceptives (COCs), it is important to properly evaluate their risks in order to provide a better benefit/risk balance to young women...
- Hormonal contraceptives and venous thromboembolism: an epidemiological updateGenevieve Plu-Bureau
Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, Hôpital Universitaires Paris Centre, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 27:25-34. 2013..In conclusion, newer generation formulations of hormonal contraceptives, as well as the non-oral hormonal contraceptive, seem to be more thrombogenic than second generation hormonal contraceptives...
- Management of granulomatous mastitis: a series of 14 patientsJustine Hugon-Rodin
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Universite Paris Descartes, APHP, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris Cedex 4, France
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:921-4. 2012..The duration and number of relapses are unpredictable, and the roles of surgery and corticosteroids remain controversial...
- Hormone replacement therapy use is associated with a lower occurrence of carotid atherosclerotic plaques but not with intima-media thickness progression among postmenopausal women. The vascular aging (EVA) studyGregoire Le Gal
Unit 258, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Atherosclerosis 166:163-70. 2003..Information on the impact of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) on carotid atherosclerosis is limited. Moreover, transdermal estrogens have not been investigated...
- Catamenial pneumothorax and endometriosis-related pneumothorax: clinical features and risk factorsChristine Rousset-Jablonski
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, 75181 Paris cedex 4, France
Hum Reprod 26:2322-9. 2011..The purpose of this study is to increase the diagnostic accuracy for these conditions in patients with spontaneous pneumothorax and to identify their risk factors...
- Long-term outcome of patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiencyAnne Bachelot
Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Necker Hospital, AP HP, Paris V University, Paris, France
Horm Res 67:268-76. 2007..We evaluated the long-term outcome and the impact of chronic glucocorticoid replacement in these patients...
- Pregnancy-associated venous thromboembolism (VTE) in combined heterozygous factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin (FII) 20210 A mutation and in heterozygous FII single gene mutation aloneMeyer Michel Samama
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Unit, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 123:327-34. 2003..In women with the FII mutation alone, the low risk may not justify prophylaxis in the absence of previous VTE. In post partum, prophylaxis is indicated in all cases...
- The neurotensin receptor-1 pathway contributes to human ductal breast cancer progressionSandra Dupouy
INSERM UPMC CDR Saint Antoine EQ 5, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4223. 2009..In breast cancer cells, functionally expressed NT1 receptor coordinates a series of transforming functions including cellular migration and invasion...
- Assessment of laboratory assays to measure rivaroxaban--an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitorMeyer Michel Samama
Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France 2Biomnis Laboratory, Ivry sur Seine, France
Thromb Haemost 103:815-25. 2010..Finally, all clotting and chromogenic assays showed a concentration-dependent effect induced by rivaroxaban...
- [Quantitative evaluation of the cardiovascular risk associated with hormone substitution therapy during menopause]P Y Scarabin
, U 258, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:243-8. 1993..Randomised clinical trials are needed to determine the effects of postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy on athero-thrombotic disease...
- Identification of a gain-of-function mutation of the prolactin receptor in women with benign breast tumorsRoman L Bogorad
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U845, Equipe PRL, GH et Tumeurs, Centre de Recherche Croissance et Signalisation, F 75015 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14533-8. 2008..Hallmarks of constitutive activity were all reversed by a specific PrlR antagonist, which opens potential therapeutic approaches for MFA, or any other disease that could be associated with this mutation in future...
- Insulin resistance, obesity and breast cancer riskC Pichard
Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Hotel Dieu, APHP, Universite Paris 5, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris, France
Maturitas 60:19-30. 2008..This observation should be an encouragement for women since loss of weight may be an effective strategy for breast cancer risk reduction...
- [Could treatments with beta-blockers be associated with a reduction in cancer risk?]M Algazi
Service de cardiologie et médecine interne, Hôpital Privé des Diaconesses, 18, rue du Sergent Bauchat, 75012 Paris
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 52:53-65. 2004..The relationship between the use of anti-hypertensive drugs and cancer risk remains controversial. The main objective of this study was to assess the potential effect of beta-blocker use on cancer risk...
- Breast diseases in adolescentsC Duflos
Service Endocrinologie Médecine de la Reproduction, Unité de Gynécologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Endocr Dev 7:183-96. 2004
- [It is not advisable to prescribe hormonal replacement therapy to a woman with proliferative mastopathy with atypia]G Plu-Bureau
Hopital Necker, Service Endocrinologie Médecine de la Reproduction, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 30:335-9. 2002