Affiliation: place Victor-Pauchet
- [Suing the surgeon: what are procedures? How to conduct an assessment?]C Manaouil
Expert auprès de la cour d appel d Amiens, membre titulaire de la CRCI de Picardie, CHU d Amiens, Amiens, France
J Chir (Paris) 144:111-7. 2007..This behavior also demonstrates both responsibility and respect to the patient and his family...
- The waiting room: vector for health education? The general practitioner's point of viewMaxine Gignon
Medical School, Jules Verne University of Picardy, 3 rue des Louvels, F 80000, Amiens, France
BMC Res Notes 5:511. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate use of the waiting room by GPs as a vector for health promotion...
- 10 years of controversy, twists and turns in the Perruche wrongful life claim: compensation for children born with a disability in FranceC Manaouil
Medical School, Jules Verne University of Picardy, 3 rue des Louvels, F 80000 Amiens, France
Med Law 31:661-9. 2012....
- [Practical questions around individual with a pacemaker or an implantable cardioverter defibrillator]Cécile Manaouil
CHU d Amiens Picardie, Service de médecine légale et sociale, Amiens Cedex 1, France
Presse Med 41:736-44. 2012..Doctors who sign cremation forms have a legal obligation to provide such information. It may affect an employee's ability to work. Are there some professions that are not well suited for individuals with a pacemaker?..
- Cardiovascular implantable electronic devices: patient education, information and ethical issuesCécile Manaouil
MCU PH, Forensic and Medical Law Unit, Amiens University Hospital, Amiens, France
Med Law 31:355-63. 2012..The forensic and ethical implications must be assessed in relation to current legislation...
- Surgical patient advocacy: role and value in surgeryC Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, CHU d Amiens Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
J Visc Surg 149:e165-71. 2012....
- [Is there still a future for the French "Perruche" jurisprudence?]C Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 40:71-6. 2012..In the present state of jurisprudence, the Court of Appeals answers negatively and applies the Perruche jurisprudence to all children born before March 7, 2002, regardless of the date by which the claims were filed...
- [Possession of weapon and hunting license: the role of the physician]Cécile Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, CHU d Amiens, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1
Rev Prat 62:9-14. 2012..In our opinion, this should be made, in a strictly supervised manner, through a sworn doctor, systematically solicited as part of the licence of hunting and licence of shooting, to liberate the family practitioners of an expertise role...
- A new legal frame for end of life in FranceC Manaouil
Consultation of Forensic Medicine, Amiens, France
J Med Ethics 33:278. 2007
- [Some practical questions for death certification]C Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, Hopital Nord, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:186-9. 2008
- [How to take up an expertise for medical liability in anaesthesiology?]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:355-62. 2008..Vagueness or doubt are never favorable to pratician. It is also, a responsible and respectful behavior toward the patient...
- [Tuberculosis vaccination programs: where are we?]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Arch Pediatr 15:1100-6. 2008..In parallel, a national programme of fight against tuberculosis 2007-2009 is launched...
- [The genetic fingerprints file in France: between security and freedom]C Manaouil
Medecine Legale, C H U Nord d Amiens, France
Rev Med Brux 29:121-5. 2008....
- [Dead children born: Current regulation, inscription to registry office differs]C Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, CHU Nord, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 37:381-8. 2009..On the other hand, it is not possible for the precocious wrong coat and the termination of pregnancy...
- [Intensive care anaesthesia practice in the prison environment. Can a prisoner benefit from ambulatory anaesthesia]C Manaouil
Service de médecine légale et sociale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:39-44. 2010..The development of interregional secure hospital units (ISHU) within teaching hospitals, allows an easier realization of interventions to the prisoners, but exists only in seven teaching hospitals in France...
- Obesity surgery: French medico-legal aspectsCécile Manaouil
Forensic Unit, Amiens University Medical Centre, Amiens, France
Med Law 30:215-24. 2011..In the absence of any fault, a patient may obtain indemnification by "national solidarity". Physicians and surgeons have an obligation to be able to prove that they informed their patients properly...
- A French hospital sentenced for unreasonable obstinacyC Manaouil
Amiens University Hospital, Forensic and Medical Law Unit, France
Eur J Health Law 18:521-30. 2011..The court did not condemn the act of resuscitation itself, but its excessive length. This court ruling serves as a basis for reflection regarding the limits by which unreasonable obstinacy should be set...
- [Compensation of victims of nosocomial or post-transfusion hepatitis C virus infection]Cécile Manaouil
Service de Consultation de Médecine Légale, CHU d Amiens
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:185-94. 2007....
- [The law of March 4, 2002: how to implement it with regards to informed consent in radiology]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU Nord, Amiens
J Radiol 87:355-62. 2006....
- [Study of litigation files leading to a definitive settlement over three years in the orthopaedic trauma ward in a public hospital]C Manaouil
Service de médecine légale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Chir 131:524-8. 2006..To know the future of appeals against a public establishment of health...
- [Conditions for going back to work on a part-time basis as a therapeutic objective]Cécile Manaouil
CHU Nord, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens
Presse Med 32:1116-20. 2003..Its allocation depends on the medial committee decision after a long sick leave, or the reform commission decision after an industrial accident or an occupational disease...
- [The person of trust, a new tool in the physician-patient relationship]C Manaouil
Laboratoire d éthique médicale, de droit de la santé et de santé publique, Institut international de recherche en éthique biomédicale IIREB, Faculté de Médecine de l Université Paris V, Paris, France
Presse Med 33:1465-8. 2004....
- [Knowledge of legal aspects of organ donation by live donors. Staff survey at a university hospital center]Cécile Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU Nord Amiens
Presse Med 35:1611-7. 2006..Law no. 2004-800 dated August 6, 2004, establishes new legal measures to facilitate live organ donation, in view of the shortage of organs for transplantation. We sought to assess the knowledge of this statute among hospital personnel...
- [Regional conciliation and compensation commissions: how they work]Cécile Manaouil
CRCI de Picardie, CHU d Amiens, Amiens
Presse Med 35:1707-15. 2006..The procedure applies only to care provided since 5 September 2001. From the request for indemnification by 'ONIAM or the insurer, the process must last no longer than one year...
- [Informing patients in otorhinolaryngology: legislation, jurisprudence, and incidences in practice]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU Nord Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 124:1-8. 2007..If the indication of the act is indisputable from a medical standpoint, then legally there is usually no ground for litigation due to insufficient information except possibly emotional damage...
- [Invalidity in the general health scheme]Cécile Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU Nord, Amiens 80
Presse Med 32:1622-6. 2003..ASSISTANCE IN THE CASE OF REFUSAL: There are 3 routes of assistance, depending on whether the refusal is administrative, medical due to a non-stabilised affection, or medical due to a stabilised affection with incapacity inferior to 2/3...
- [The death certificate: how to draft and why?]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU de Nord Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:434-9. 2007..In the absence of medicolegal obstacle or obligation to place in the coffin immediately, funeral operations can begin: preservation care, body transport, placing in the coffin and finally burial or cremation...
- The examination of genetic characteristics since the adoption of the French law on bioethicsCécile Manaouil
Medical Law Consultation, Amiens Nord Teaching Hospital, Amiens, France
Med Law 24:783-9. 2005..A procedure for informing families has been implemented by the French Biomedicine Agency (details of which will be specified in a decree)...
- The precautionary principle: is it safeMaxime Gignon
Public Health Department, Amiens University Hospital, Place Victor Pauchet, F 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Eur J Health Law 20:261-70. 2013..We propose a critical analysis of the use and misuse of the precautionary principle...
- [Procedures for diagnosis of occupational diseases]Marie Graser
CHU Nord, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens
Presse Med 32:821-5. 2003..The different possibilities for the recognition of such diseases, not only for agricultural employees but also in the private and public sectors, must therefore be known...
- [Effectiveness of histopathologic examination in a series of 400 forensic autopsies]Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Pathol 32:4-13. 2012..To assess the usefulness of histopathologic examination in forensic autopsies...
- [Adult autopsies in a French university hospital (CHU Amiens) for the period 1975-2005]Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, Amiens Cedex 01
Ann Pathol 27:269-83. 2007..Selection biases explain that major diagnoses are more frequently found at autopsies nowadays than 30 years ago...
- [Autopsies and surgical service]D Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Chir 130:212-7. 2005..The aim of this paper is to finalize the present French legislation of autopsy and to show its importance in surgical practice...
- Victims of assault: a Europe-wide review of procedures for evaluating the seriousness of injuriesM Gignon
Forensic Unit, Amiens University Hospital, Place Victor Pauchet, F 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Med Sci Law 50:145-8. 2010..We discuss the relevance of this quantitative assessment...
- Healthy by law: heading towards a brave new world?Maxime Gignon
Public Health Department, Amiens University Hospital, place Victor Pauchet 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Med Law 31:513-9. 2012..Individual liberties tend to be limited to the cause of the public health policy. Healthy by law, raises a question: are we heading towards a brave new world as described by Aldous Huxley?..
- [Is it necessary to found an exemption from the medical secrecy concerning the health of politicians?]C Manaouil
Consultation de médecine légale, C H U d Amiens, France
Rev Med Brux 28:183-90. 2007..Communicate were regularly published on its health, but questions were asked concerning medical activity under these conditions...
- [Is the person of trust a reliable witness in case of organ removal from a deceased person for donation purposes?]M Gignon
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU d Amiens Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:825-31. 2008..We have equally put the person of trust to the test within the realms that they would be questioned regarding organ donation from the deceased...
- [Forensic aspect of acute drunkenness]Xavier de Lentaigne de Logiviere
CHU d Amiens, Service de médecine légale et sociale, 80054 Amiens, France
Presse Med 44:610-7. 2015..Doctors have the duty to inform patients on every risk that alcohol can bring while driving but do not have any measure of pressure...
- [The gift of the body to science]Anabelle Werbrouck
Consultation de médecine légale, Amiens
Rev Prat 58:253-7. 2008..The doctors must be able to inform the patients and their families about the methods of the gift of the body...
- [New end of life's approach: law of April 22, 2005 and decrees of February 6, 2006]M Gignon
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU nord d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:252-8. 2007..Stop or limitation of a treatment concerning a person incapable to express its will can not be realized without respecting a collective procedure...
- Adult Hirschsprung's disease diagnosed during forensic autopsyDenis Chatelain
Department of Pathology, centre hospitalier universitaire d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
J Forensic Sci 51:1160-3. 2006..Enterocolitis is a frequent and severe complication of HD in children but is rarely described in adults. This case suggests the importance of HD diagnosis in childhood in order to avoid fatal complications with forensic consequences...
- New French legislation governing organ removals for therapeutic and scientific purposesC Manaouil
Medical Law Consultation, Amiens Nord Teaching Hospital, Place Victor Pauchet, Amiens, France
Med Law 24:585-603. 2005..The rule of presumed consent should apply, unless there is any danger to the health of the general public. This paper describes and discusses in detail the new legislation and its relationship to existing French legal codes...
- [Passive smoking in France: science, law and judge's point of view]M Gignon
Consultation de médecine légale, CHU d Amiens, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:133-43. 2007..Passive smoking occurs as a consequence of exposure to indoor atmospheric pollution by tobacco smoke. Its effects on health are now scientifically established...
- Legislative recognition in France of psychological harassment at workM Graser
Work Suffering Clinic, Amiens University Hospital Centre, Place Victor Pauchet, Amiens Cedex, France
Med Law 22:239-50. 2003..The French Criminal Code prescribes penalties of one year and 15,000 Euros...