- High prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection and anal cancer precursors among HIV-infected persons in the absence of anal intercourseChristophe Piketty
INSERM U 430 and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 138:453-9. 2003..Anal HPV infection and anal SIL are common in HIV-positive men who have sex with men; receptive anal intercourse is presumed to be the mode of acquisition of HPV...
- Assessment of cetirizine, an antihistamine, to prevent cutaneous reactions to nevirapine therapy: results of the viramune-zyrtec double-blind, placebo-controlled trialO Launay
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Cochin Port Royal Saint Vincent de Paul, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:e66-72. 2004..83; 95% CI, 1.4-10.46; P=.008) was associated with an increased risk of rash. Cetirizine has no preventive effect on nevirapine-associated rash...
- High prevalence of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive men despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U 430 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 31:96-9. 2004..GOAL The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of anal HPV infection and SIL inpatients under HAART...
- Long-term clinical outcome of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with discordant immunologic and virologic responses to a protease inhibitor-containing regimenC Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U430 and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 183:1328-35. 2001..The results support the relevance of the CD4 cell marker over plasma HIV load for predicting clinical outcome in patients who do not achieve full immunologic and virologic responses...
- Dynamics of HIV-1 DNA level in highly antiretroviral-experienced patients receiving raltegravir-based therapyC Charpentier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Laboratoire de Virologie, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:129-33. 2012..The potent action of RAL-containing treatment observed in the CD4 T cells compartment may suggest a pronounced reduced inhibition in the pool of regenerating CD4 T cells on a RAL-based therapy...
- Lack of legal income is strongly associated with an increased risk of AIDS and death in HIV-infected injecting drug usersC Piketty
Unite d immunologie, Hopital Broussais, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS Care 11:429-36. 1999..2 (1.5-18.1) (p = 0.004). Lack of legal income is a strong risk factor for progression of HIV disease in IDUs, that is independent of CD4 cell count and p24 antigenemia...
- Efavirenz replacement by immediate full-dose nevirapine is safe in HIV-1-infected patients in CambodiaD Laureillard
APHP, Department of Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:514-8. 2008..A switch to nevirapine is regularly carried out because of the cost and side effects of efavirenz. Pharmacokinetic studies suggested that nevirapine should be initiated at full dose when used as a substitute for efavirenz...
- Drug resistance profiles for the HIV integrase gene in patients failing raltegravir salvage therapyC Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:765-70. 2008..Here, we describe the development of RAL resistance, in both plasmatic and cellular compartments, in three heavily pretreated HIV-infected patients failing RAL-containing regimens...
- Immunological and virological features of HIV-infected patients with increasing CD4 cell numbers despite virological failure during protease inhibitor-based therapyL Weiss
Service d immunologie clinique, Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
HIV Med 3:12-20. 2002..To investigate the extent of functional T cell recovery and to characterize plasma virus and virus producing cells in patients with increasing CD4 cell counts despite virological failure during protease inhibitor (PI) based therapy...
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected patients: the 2IP ANRS 127 studyRoland Landman
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:118-25. 2009..We evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-sparing regimen in a prospective open-label randomized pilot trial in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Antiviral activity of low-dose alovudine in antiretroviral-experienced patients: results from a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-ranging trialJ Ghosn
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:142-7. 2007..88 log(10) HIV-1 RNA copies/mL. The magnitude of the reduction in viral load suggested that lower doses might still be effective while offering adequate safety during long-term use...
- Long-term efficacy of combination therapy with interferon-alpha 2b and ribavirin for severe chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patientsA Landau
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, , Paris, France
AIDS 15:2149-55. 2001..03 and 14.3 +/- 28.7 versus 22.5 +/- 23, P = 0.05, respectively). CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that combination therapy with IFN and RBV is effective in approximately 20% of co-infected patients with severe liver disease...
- Monitoring plasma levels of ganciclovir in AIDS patients receiving oral ganciclovir as maintenance therapy for CMV retinitisC Piketty
Department of Immunologie Clinique INSERM U 430, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 6:117-20. 2000..To investigate whether low ganciclovir serum levels in patients on maintenance oral ganciclovir therapy are associated with recurrence of CMV retinitis...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of oral dehydroepiandrosterone in patients with advanced HIV diseaseC Piketty
Unité d Immunologie Clinique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:325-30. 2001..Here, we report on the efficacy and safety of the oral administration of DHEA as replacement therapy, in patients with advanced HIV disease, in a trial that was primarily aimed at assessing quality of life...
- Sexually transmitted acute infection with a clustered genotype 4 hepatitis C virus in HIV-1-infected men and inefficacy of early antiviral therapyJeanne Serpaggi
Hepatology Unit, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 20:233-40. 2006....
- Anti-hepatitis B virus efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected patientsYves Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:548-55. 2006..In conclusion, this retrospective analysis demonstrates the efficacy of TDF against wild-type, presumed precore mutants and LAM-resistant HBV when used as a part of anti-retroviral therapy in HIV-coinfected patients...
- Human papillomavirus-related cervical and anal disease in HIV-infected individuals in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2:140-5. 2005..Taken together, these lines of evidence support the need for developing anal and cervical cancer screening programs for patients with HIV, whether untreated or on HAART...
- Foscarnet salvage therapy efficacy is associated with the presence of thymidine-associated mutations (TAMs) in HIV-infected patientsCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 43:212-5. 2008..Salvage therapy based on foscarnet plus a thymidine analog is effective in patients with advanced-stage HIV disease and viruses harbouring multiple drug-resistance mutations...
- Low increase in serum lipids in patients receiving a combination of ritonavir, saquinavir and efavirenzC Piketty
Service d immunologie clinique, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
HIV Med 3:287-9. 2002
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- High levels of drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus variants in patients exhibiting increasing CD4+ T cell counts despite virologic failure of protease inhibitor-containing antiretroviral combination therapyL Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Broussais, 75 674 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Infect Dis 181:1808-12. 2000..The clinical course of this group of patients calls into question the relevance of genotypic resistance and plasma human immunodeficiency virus RNA level as surrogate markers in patients receiving HAART...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Sustained high proportion of zidovudine-resistant HIV variants despite prolonged substitution of zidovudine by other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLaurent Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Med Virol 68:1-6. 2002....
- Toxic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on the liver. Value of electron microscopy analysis for the diagnosis of mitochondrial cytopathyJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, European Georges Pomoidou Hospital, INSEM U430, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:546-55. 2003....
- Alteration of cytochrome oxidase subunit I labeling is associated with severe mitochondriopathy in NRTI-related hepatotoxicity in HIV patientsJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 19:1277-88. 2006..The results of the study suggest that COX subunit I labeling may be a valuable tool for the diagnosis of mitochondrial liver disease in HIV patients...
- Efficacy and safety of etravirine in treatment-experienced, HIV-1 patients: pooled 48 week analysis of two randomized, controlled trialsChristine Katlama
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI and Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2289-300. 2009....
- Foscarnet as salvage therapy in HIV-2-infected patient with antiretroviral treatment failureSophie Stegmann
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service d immunologie clinique, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 47:79-81. 2010..Four months after the end of foscarnet therapy, HIV-2 plasma viral load remained undetectable. This case report suggests that foscarnet may represent a therapeutic option for HIV-2-infected patients exhibiting multidrug resistance...
- Immunological efficacy of a three-dose schedule of hepatitis A vaccine in HIV-infected adults: HEPAVAC studyOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:272-5. 2008..The immunogenicity of vaccines, including vaccine against hepatitis A virus (HAV), is impaired in patients with HIV infection, requiring revised immunization regimens...
- Cryptococcal neuroradiological lesions correlate with severity during cryptococcal meningoencephalitis in HIV-positive patients in the HAART eraCaroline Charlier
Centre National de Référence Mycologie et Antifongiques, Unité de Mycologie Moléculaire, CNRS URA 3012, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1950. 2008..Given this, we suggest that investigation for cryptococcosis-related lesions is merited, even in the absence of neurological abnormality, if a high fungal burden is suspected on the basis of high serum and/or CSF antigen titers...
- Intramedullary abscess resulting from disseminated cryptococcosis despite immune restoration in a patient with AIDSJ Rambeloarisoa
Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Infect 44:185-8. 2002..Finally, this case raises the question of when to stop secondary prophylaxis of cryptococcal disease after increase in CD4 cell count under antiretroviral therapy...
- Increased polymorphism in the HR-1 gp41 env gene encoding the enfuvirtide (T-20) target in HIV-1 variants harboring multiple antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in the pol geneAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:1-5. 2007..Sequence variations in HR-1 gp41 env gene region encoding the target for T-20 have previously been reported among patients naive to inhibitory fusion...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI...
- Acquired resistance to echinocandins in Candida albicans: case report and reviewMarie Thérèse Baixench
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité de Parasitologie Mycologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:1076-83. 2007..Four C. albicans isolates were serially recovered before and after caspofungin treatment. A microbiological study was performed to characterize these four isolates...
- Unusual pulmonary Enterocytozoon bieneusi microsporidiosis in an AIDS patient: case report and reviewMustapha Sodqi
Department of Immunology, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:230-1. 2004..We report here the fifth case of pulmonary localization of E. bieneusi in a severe immunocompromized HIV-infected patient with intestinal and pulmonary symptoms...
- A population analysis of weight-related differences in lopinavir pharmacokinetics and possible consequences for protease inhibitor-naive and -experienced patientsMarion Bouillon-Pichault
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:923-9. 2009..However, the probability to achieve these target C(troughs) with the current 400 mg twice-daily or 800 mg once-daily doses of the new tablet form, and the influence of body weight on this probability are unknown...
- External validation of atazanavir/ritonavir genotypic score in HIV-1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:127-8. 2006
- Virological and immunological impact of non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor withdrawal in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failuresChristophe Piketty
AIDS 18:1469-71. 2004..The data suggest that in the presence of specific resistance mutations NNRTIexert no residual antiretroviral activity and could be withdrawn without viral rebound...
- Multidrug-resistant HIV-1 RNA and proviral DNA variants harboring new dipeptide insertions in the reverse transcriptase pol geneLaurent Andreoletti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:102-4. 2002
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Renal lesions in HIV-1-positive patient treated with tenofovirCaroline Creput
AIDS 17:935-7. 2003
- Dramatic interaction between levothyroxine and lopinavir/ritonavir in a HIV-infected patientMaxime Touzot
AIDS 20:1210-2. 2006
- Renal function in antiretroviral-experienced patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate associated with atazanavir/ritonavirLaurence Gerard
INSERM SC10, Villejuif, France
Antivir Ther 12:31-9. 2007....
- High seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in French human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected outpatientsLaurent Andreoletti
Unite de Virologie Medicale, Unité d Hygiène Hospitalière et Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Robert Debre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Reims, and IFR 53 EA 3798, Faculté de Médecine de Reims, Reims, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:4215-7. 2005....