Genomes and Genes
- Masitinib as an adjunct therapy for mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease: a randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 trialFrançois Piette
Hopital Charles Foix, Service de Medecine, Bâtiment Louis Ramond, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Alzheimers Res Ther 3:16. 2011..As the brain is rich in mast cells, the therapeutic potential of masitinib as an adjunct therapy to standard care was investigated...
- [Management of pneumonia in the elderly]François Piette
Hopital Charles Foix, Service de Medecine Interne, 94200 Ivry sur Seine
Rev Prat 61:1085-9. 2011..Pulmonary infections in nursing home need specific attention: cumulation of bad prognosis factors, risk of epidemic propagation, and vaccination of all people caring patients when required...
- [Geriatric oncology: epidemiological evidence]François Piette
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Charles Foix, Université et Faculté de médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, F 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 39:208-15. 2010..Equal access to high quality medical care and procedures must be ensured, regardless of age; this is not currently the case everywhere...
- Influence of geriatric consultation with comprehensive geriatric assessment on final therapeutic decision in elderly cancer patientsPascal Chaibi
Department of Geriatrics, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 79:302-7. 2011..01) and dependence for at least one ADL (19/34, p<0.01). In this study, we have found that comprehensive geriatric evaluation did significantly influence treatment decisions in 82% of our older cancer patients...
- Leptin is better than any other biological parameter for monitoring the efficacy of renutrition in hospitalized malnourished elderly patientsValerie Nivet-Antoine
Service de Biochimie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:315-20. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine which biological parameter(s) could best monitor successful renutrition in hospitalized malnourished elderly patients...
- Effects of malnutrition on cytochrome P450 1A2 activity in elderly patientsBrigitte Hamon-Vilcot
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France
Therapie 59:247-51. 2004..11 [B]; p = 0.11). The CYP1A2 metabolic ratio was not correlated to either BMI, serum albumin or renal clearance. CYPI A2 activity, as measured by the plasma PAX/CAF ratio, was not influenced by nutritional status in elderly patients...
- Excess winter mortality in France: influence of temperature, influenza like illness, and residential care statusStéphanie Phu Pin
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Charles Foix Pitié Salpêtrière, Service de Medecine Interne, Ivry sur Seine, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:309.e1-7. 2012..Despite a surge of 15,000 deaths caused by the 2003 heat wave in France, the annual winter excess mortality rate remains a recurring phenomenon that is quantitatively greater than the isolated summer event...
- [Clinical pharmacology and aging]Carmelo Lafuente-Lafuente
AP HP, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix, pôle de gériatrie Paris Val de Marne, site Charles Foix, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 42:171-80. 2013..Finally, some drugs should be avoided in older patients because of a bad effectiveness/tolerance ratio compared to alternatives...
- Inflammation and disability as risk factors for mortality in elderly acute care patientsChristine Forasassi
Service de Gerontologie V, Hopital Charles Foix, 7av de la République, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:406-10. 2009..We conclude that CRP and disability are strong independent risk factors for death in this population, and special attention should be paid to these patients in an integrated therapeutic approach to geriatric care...
- [Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in elderly patients. A prospective study in a geriatric hospital]Vered Abitbol
Hopital Charles Foix, 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:448-53. 2002..The purpose of this work was to search for prognostic factors after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) for enteral nutrition in geriatric patients by studying complications, nutritional benefits, and impact on quality of life...