Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- [HIV vaccines]G Pialoux
Service des maladies infectieuses et tropicales Hôpital Tenon, Paris
Presse Med 34:1592-6. 2005..Recombinant live vector-based vaccines, lipopeptides, and plasmid DNA have all been shown to induce CTL. The different forms of prime-boost vaccine strategies currently being tested in numerous clinical trials provide reasons for hope...
- Chikungunya, an epidemic arbovirosisGilles Pialoux
Hopital Tenon, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 7:319-27. 2007..Plausible explanations include increased tourism, chikungunya virus introduction into a naive population, and viral mutation...
- Effect of HIV infection on the course of syphilisGilles Pialoux
APHP, Dept of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Rev 10:85-92. 2008..Early diagnosis of syphilis in HIV-infected patients requires awareness among both patients and clinicians. Early treatment of syphilis is crucial as it reduces the risk of transmission...
- Immunological responses and long-term treatment interruption after human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) lipopeptide immunization of HIV-1-infected patients: the LIPTHERA studyGilles Pialoux
APHP, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:562-8. 2008..Despite the lack of a control arm, these findings warrant a randomized study of therapeutic vaccination with HIV lipopeptides followed by long-term HAART interruption in AIDS-free chronically infected patients...
- Phase I study of a candidate vaccine based on recombinant HIV-1 gp160 (MN/LAI) administered by the mucosal route to HIV-seronegative volunteers: the ANRS VAC14 studyGilles Pialoux
APHP, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, Paris Cedex 20, France
Vaccine 26:2657-66. 2008..No anti-gp160 activity was found between week 4 and week 48 in serum, saliva, or cervicovaginal and nasal secretions. These results show that a mucosal HIV vaccine can be well tolerated when administered by the nasal or vaginal route...
- [Efficacy of peginterferon plus ribavirin for HIV-HCV co-infection. Results of the APRICOT study]G Pialoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Presse Med 34:1589-91. 2005..It should also be the preferred treatment for patients with HIV-HCV coinfection...
- [Chikungunya virus infection: review through an epidemic]G Pialoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, APHP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Med Mal Infect 36:253-63. 2006..This is also the first time that a Chikungunya epidemic is described in this part of the world...
- Does enfuvirtide increase the risk of bacterial pneumonia in patients receiving combination antiretroviral therapy?I Kousignian
INSERM U, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:138-44. 2010....
- MIKADO: a multicentre, open-label pilot study to evaluate the antiretroviral activity and safety of saquinavir with stavudine and zalcitabineC Katlama
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 2:20-6. 2001..Since eradication of HIV is unlikely, long-term management of the disease necessitates careful evaluation of the combinations of currently available drugs to determine the most potent and useful rational sequencing of regimens...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI...
- Peg-IFNα/ribavirin/protease inhibitor combination in hepatitis C virus associated mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis: results at week 24David Saadoun
Department of Internal Medicine, Service de Medecine Interne, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 73:831-7. 2014..About 30-40% of patients are non-responders or relapsers to such combination...
- Stable frequency of HIV-1 transmitted drug resistance in patients at the time of primary infection over 1996-2006 in FranceMarie Laure Chaix
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS 23:717-24. 2009....
- Changes in AIDS-related lymphoma since the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyC Besson
Hopital Necker, SC4 INSERM, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
Blood 98:2339-44. 2001..004). Therefore, the profile of ARL has changed since the era of HAART, with a lower incidence of systemic and brain ARL. The prognosis of systemic ARL has improved...
- Is long-term virological response related to CCR5 Delta32 deletion in HIV-1-infected patients started on highly active antiretroviral therapy?J J Laurichesse
Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
HIV Med 11:239-44. 2010..The aim of the study was to determine whether the chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 5 (CCR5) Delta32 deletion is associated with long-term response to combination antiretroviral treatment (cART) in HIV-1-infected patients...
- Cryoglobulinaemia vasculitis in patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virusDavid Saadoun
Service de Medecine Interne, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 20:871-7. 2006..To describe mixed cryoglobulinaemia (MC) vasculitis in patients coinfected with hepatitis C virus (HCV) and HIV...
- Liver stiffness values in HIV-infected patients with isolated anti-hepatitis B core antibodiesC Chakvetadze
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Med Mal Infect 43:222-5. 2013..Hepatitis B reactivation has been observed in HIV-infected patients with isolated anti-HBc. However, the impact of isolated anti-HBc on liver fibrosis is not known in this population...
- [Bobo Dioulasso Teaching Hospital day-care hospital: a reference structure for the management of HIV infected patients in Burkina Faso]C Fontaine
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, centre hospitalo universitaire de Tenon, AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 40:393-7. 2010..The goal of the study was to assess the activity of a multidisciplinary structure for HIV infected patients, two years after the opening of the day hospital...
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected patients: the 2IP ANRS 127 studyRoland Landman
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:118-25. 2009..We evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of ritonavir-boosted dual protease inhibitor as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-sparing regimen in a prospective open-label randomized pilot trial in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Metabolic disorders and chronic viral disease: the case of HIV and HCVL Slama
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Diabetes Metab 35:1-11. 2009..Recent data indicate that HCV clearance improves insulin resistance and hepatic function in HCV-infected patients treated with interferon with or without ribavirin...
- CD4 T cell recovery is slower in patients experiencing viral load rebounds during HAARTD Scott-Algara
Unité d Immuno Hématologie et d Immuno Pathologie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Clin Exp Immunol 126:295-303. 2001..We conclude that permanent control of HIV replication could be necessary for faster immune reconstitution...
- Viral efficacy maintained and safety parameters improved with a reduced dose of stavudine: a pilot studyH Ait-Mohand
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:738-46. 2008..Stavudine (d4T) is a potent but potentially toxic nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that is still widely used in developing countries. This study's aim was to determine the efficacy and safety profile of lower-dose d4T...
- How does loss to follow-up influence cohort findings on HIV infection? A joint analysis of the French hospital database on HIV, Mortalité 2000 survey and death certificatesE Lanoy
INSERM, U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:236-45. 2009....
- Switch from enfuvirtide to raltegravir in virologically suppressed multidrug-resistant HIV-1-infected patients: a randomized open-label trialNathalie de Castro
Department of Infectious Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital and University of Paris VII Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1259-67. 2009..We conducted a prospective, randomized, open-label trial to compare the antiviral efficacy and safety of a switch to raltegravir with the efficacy and safety of continuing enfuvirtide...
- X4 tropic multi-drug resistant quasi-species detected at the time of primary HIV-1 infection remain exclusive or at least dominant far from PHIJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23301. 2011..X4-tropic variants present at baseline were still exclusive (patients D and E) or dominant (at least one time point, patient C) far from PHI...
- Tenosynovitis as a possible feature of immune reconstitution syndrome during highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART)Claire Rivoisy
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 76:550-2. 2009..This original case increase the broad spectrum of inflammatory rheumatologic disorders associated with HIV infection...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Long-term follow-up of 11 protease inhibitor (PI)-naïve and PI-treated HIV-infected patients harbouring virus with insertions in the HIV-1 protease geneC Amiel
UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
HIV Med 12:138-44. 2011..The aim of the study was to assess the long-term viro-immunological follow-up of HIV-infected patients harbouring virus with protease insertions...
- [Adherence to antiretroviral therapy during HIV infection, a multidisciplinary approach]L Slama
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 36:16-26. 2006..And the methods implemented by numerous healthcare teams plead in favour of a dynamic approach to adherence, with the active participation of all...
- Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients: rare spontaneous clearance correlates with weak memory CD4 T-cell responses to hepatitis C virusAurelie Schnuriger
INSERM, UMRS 945, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2079-89. 2009..To explore the parameters of specific immunity to hepatitis C virus (HCV) associated with virus clearance during acute HCV infection in HIV coinfection...
- The risk of going abroad in sickle cell disease: a study of 148 adultsK Stankovic Stojanovic
Internal Medicine Department, Referral Centre for Adult Sickle Cell Disease, Assistance Public Hospital of Paris, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:310-4. 2011..Our study showed that going abroad is associated with a large number of acute complications in adults with SCD. Complications were mostly VOC, and severity was unpredictable. Prevention should be improved...
- Pegylated interferon alfa-2b vs standard interferon alfa-2b, plus ribavirin, for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients: a randomized controlled trialFabrice Carrat
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, Paris, France
JAMA 292:2839-48. 2004..Most data on the virologic efficacy and safety of the combination of peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in coinfected patients come from uncontrolled studies...
- Role of treatment for depressive symptoms in relieving the impact of fatigue in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: ANRS Co13 Hepavih, France, 2006-2008L Michel
INSERM U669, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 17:650-60. 2010....
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- Mycobacterium genavense infections: a retrospective multicenter study in France, 1996-2007Pierre Charles
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 90:223-30. 2011..The 1-year survival rate was 72%.The prognosis of M. genavense infection in HIV-infected patients has dramatically improved with HAART. Clinical presentations in HIV and non-HIV immunocompromised patients were similar...
- Lipopeptides induce cell-mediated anti-HIV immune responses in seronegative volunteersG Pialoux
Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
AIDS 15:1239-49. 2001..Test the efficacy of a mixture of six NEF (N1, N2, N3), GAG (G1, G2) and ENV (E) lipopeptides in the induction of B- and T-cell anti-HIV responses...
- Reversible ALS-like disorder in HIV infectionA Moulignier
Fondation Adolphe de Rothschild, Service de Neurologie, Paris, France
Neurology 57:995-1001. 2001..To describe the clinical features, treatment, and outcome of six cases of HIV-1-associated ALS-like disorder...
- Pharmacokinetics of R 82913 in patients with AIDS or AIDS-related complexG Pialoux
, Paris, France
Lancet 338:140-3. 1991....
- [Emergence of Chagas' disease in Europe: description of the first cases observed in Latin American immigrants in mainland France]M Develoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hôpital Tenon APHP
Med Trop (Mars) 70:38-42. 2010..Based on these findings, the main priorities for management imported Chagas' disease in France are improvement of serological diagnosis and prevention of vertical transmission...
- [Chagas disease]M Develoux
Service de Parasitologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Rev Med Interne 30:686-95. 2009..There is an urgent need for new treatments and better serological tests. Policies must be developed to avoid the risk of transmission trough blood transfusion and transplantation in developed countries...
- Safety and immunogenicity of 4 intramuscular double doses and 4 intradermal low doses vs standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen in adults with HIV-1: a randomized controlled trialOdile Launay
Paris Descartes University, France
JAMA 305:1432-40. 2011..Alternative schedules more immunogenic than the standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen are needed in patients with human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection...
- Factors predictive of virological failure on atazanavir in 310 HIV-infected patientsFrancois Xavier Lescure
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, APHP Hôpital Tenon and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France Paris, France
AIDS 24:1593-5. 2010....
- [Management of HCV-HIV patients]Stanislas Pol
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S7-12. 2007..The harmful impact of HIV underlines the need for improving:..
- Chagas disease, FranceFrancois Xavier Lescure
Hopital Tenon AP HP, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:644-6. 2008..CD is sometimes seen in the United States and Canada among migrants from Latin America, whereas it is rare in Europe. We report 9 cases of imported CD in France from 2004 to 2006...
- Discordance between cerebral spinal fluid and plasma HIV replication in patients with neurological symptoms who are receiving suppressive antiretroviral therapyAna Canestri
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:773-8. 2010..We report data on 11 patients with neurological symptoms and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) viremia contrasting with suppressed plasma HIV RNA during receipt of combined antiretroviral therapy...
- Comparison of elastography, serum marker scores, and histology for the assessment of liver fibrosis in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infected patients in Burkina FasoPhilippe Bonnard
Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Tenon, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UPMC Paris Liver Center, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:454-8. 2010..This study shows that the results of alternative methods concord with those of histology in HBV-infected patients in Burkina Faso. These alternative techniques could help physicians to identify patients requiring treatment...
- Effect of highly active antiretroviral therapy on survival of HIV infected patients with non-small-cell lung cancerArmelle Lavole
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Tenon, APHP and Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Lung Cancer 65:345-50. 2009..To evaluate the impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on survival in HIV infected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Chagas disease: changes in knowledge and managementFrancois Xavier Lescure
APHP Hôpital Tenon, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 10:556-70. 2010..Mobilisation of financial resources to fund research on diagnosis and randomised controlled trials of treatment are international health priorities...
- [Chagas disease: clinical aspects and treatment in non-endemic countries]Guillaume Le Loup
Clinique du voyage et des maladies d importation, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, F 75020 Paris, France
Presse Med 38:1654-66. 2009..Treatment must be considered on an individual basis in patients older than 50 years. The frequency and seriousness of potential adverse events due to treatment require careful monitoring of the patient throughout treatment...
- Fosamprenavir/ritonavir in advanced HIV disease (TRIAD): a randomized study of high-dose, dual-boosted or standard dose fosamprenavir/ritonavir in HIV-1-infected patients with antiretroviral resistanceJean Michel Molina
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hôpital Saint Louis and University of Paris Diderot, Paris 7, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:398-410. 2009....
- Immunogenicity and safety of an HIV-1 lipopeptide vaccine in healthy adults: a phase 2 placebo-controlled ANRS trialDominique Salmon-Ceron
Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, France
AIDS 24:2211-23. 2010..Whether HIV-LIPO-5 immunogenicity varies with the dose is unknown...
- Documented rapid course of hepatic fibrosis between two biopsies in patients coinfected by HIV and HCV despite high CD4 cell countP Bonnard
Infectious Diseases Department, Tenon Hospital, AP HP, GHU Paris Est, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 14:806-11. 2007..The second biopsy showed that 15 patients (45%) qualified for anti-HCV therapy. Development of noninvasive methods of fibrosis evaluation should permit more frequent monitoring...
- Cellular immune responses induced with dose-sparing intradermal administration of HIV vaccine to HIV-uninfected volunteers in the ANRS VAC16 trialOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e725. 2007..The objective was to compare the safety and cellular immunogenicity of intradermal versus intramuscular immunization with an HIV-lipopeptide candidate vaccine (LIPO-4) in healthy volunteers...
- Treatment of hepatitis C virus in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients in "real life": modifications in two large surveys between 2004 and 2006Patrice Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
J Hepatol 48:35-42. 2008..To analyze the barriers to HCV treatment in HIV-HCV co-infected patients and their evolution between 2004 and 2006...
- Use of well-defined HIV-derived epitopes to evaluate CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell responses in patients with chronic HIV-1 infection treated with HAARTNathalie Daniel
Department of Immunology, Cochin Institute, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, Rene Descartes University, Department of Internal Medicine, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:827-35. 2004..In conclusion, the experimental approach used in this study shows that CD4(+) T cell responses may persist during HAART but are not associated with strong CD8(+) T cell responses..
- Switching the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor backbone to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + emtricitabine promptly improves triglycerides and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in dyslipidaemic patientsM A Valantin
Department of Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:556-61. 2010..To assess the impact of switching to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + emtricitabine on lipid parameters...
- Infection due to Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis in two patients infected with human immunodeficiency virusC Paul
Hospital of the Pasteur Institute, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 16:441-2. 1993..The importance of Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis infection in AIDS-related oropharyngeal pathology and the possible treatment of such infection in HIV-positive patients are not yet clearly established...
- [Experience of targeted screening of Chagas disease in Ile-de-France]F X Lescure
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, F 75020 Paris, France
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 102:295-9. 2009..These results also demonstrate continuing difficulties in the interpretation of serological results and the usefulness of PCR, which might increase sensitivity substantially...
- Efficacy and safety of etravirine in treatment-experienced, HIV-1 patients: pooled 48 week analysis of two randomized, controlled trialsChristine Katlama
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI and Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2289-300. 2009....
- The clinical characteristics of HIV-infected patients receiving dialysis in France between 1997 and 2002Cecile Vigneau
Department of Nephrology A, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Kidney Int 67:1509-14. 2005..In 1997, 0.38% of dialysis patients in France were infected by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). No prevalence data were available in France since the widespread introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Major role of hepatitis B genotypes in liver fibrosis during coinfection with HIVKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:419-27. 2006..Little is know about the determinants of liver fibrosis progression and genomic variability in hepatitis B virus (HBV) in HIV/HBV-coinfected patients...
- Spontaneous hepatic decompensation in patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus during interferon-ribavirin combination treatmentFirouzé Bani-Sadr
INSERM U707, Faculte de Medecine Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 41:1806-9. 2005..02), and elevated total bilirubin level (OR, 7.9; 95% CI, 1.08-93.3; P<.03). Didanosine should thus not be given to patients with cirrhosis, particularly when treatments for HCV and HIV infections have to be administered concomitantly...
- High variability of plasma drug concentrations in dual protease inhibitor regimensJean Baptiste Guiard-Schmid
Department of Clinical Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:986-90. 2003....
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis: a useful tool to prevent human immunodeficiency virus infection?G Pialoux
Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Tenon, APHP, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Electronic address
Clin Microbiol Infect 22:757-767. 2016..PrEP is now strongly recommended in WHO prevention programmes for individuals at substantial risk for HIV with a view to controlling this epidemic by 2030...
- Bacterial chondritis complications following ear piercingG Bellaud
Infectious Diseases Department, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France Infectious Diseases Department, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France Electronic address
Med Mal Infect . 2016..Post-piercing chondritis may lead to severe residual deformity. We aimed to report case patients presenting with post-piercing chondritis in our department and to describe clinical features and treatment...
- Pharmacokinetics of dolutegravir in a premature neonate after HIV treatment intensification during pregnancyJ B Pain
AP HP, Clinical Pharmacology Department, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:3660-2. 2015....
- Increased CD1-positive cells in peripheral blood of AIDS and ARC patientsS Chollet Martin
INSERM U 294, C H U Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Immunol Lett 17:53-7. 1988..Further investigations are warranted to assess the biological and clinical relevance of these findings...
- [Co-infection with HIV and viral hepatitis C]G Pialoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 36:S218-23. 2006
- Interleukin-2 receptor beta and gamma chain dysregulation during the inhibition of CD4 T cell activation by human immunodeficiency virus-1 gp120L Bani
Departement d Immunologie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 27:2188-94. 1997..This is the first study of IL-2R beta and IL-2R gamma dysregulation in the context of HIV infection and shows that CD4 is also involved in IL-2R expression...
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Treatment of refractory diarrhoea in AIDS with acetorphan and octreotide: a randomized crossover studyL Beaugerie
Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:485-9. 1996....
- Genital tract actinomycosis caused by Actimyces israëliiR Quercia
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Med Mal Infect 36:393-5. 2006..All abdominal organs may be affected. Even with a disseminated infection, the combination of appropriate antibiotic therapy (penicillin G) and surgery ensures a full recovery in most cases...
- [Hepatic steatosis: an emerging cause of cirrhosis in HIV patients]P Loulergue
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 54:587-90. 2006..The implication of HAART remains unclear. In the era of HAART, liver steatosis can rapidly evoluate to cirrhosis without any risk factor except ART...
- Nephropathy associated with the diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndromeL Zafrani
APHP, Hopital Tenon, Urgences Néphrologiques and Transplantation Rénale, et Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris, France
Kidney Int 72:219-24. 2007
- A case of ciguatera fish poisoning in a French travelerM Develoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hôpital Tenon APHP, Paris, France
Euro Surveill 13:pii: 19027. 2008..Ciguatera is a toxic poisoning due to ingestion of fish and is rarely reported in France. Little is known about this imported tropical disease. We present a case observed in Paris in a traveller returning from the Dominican Republic...
- [Interpretation of transaminase level increase in patients with HIV-HCV or HIV-HBV co-infection]G Pialoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, GHU Paris Est, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 34:12-3. 2004
- Short communication: Long-term persistence of vaccine-induced HIV seropositivity among healthy volunteersBenjamin Silbermann
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, CIC de vaccinologie Cochin Pasteur, Pôle de médecine, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:1445-8. 2008..Because rgp160 induces long-term persistence (>8 years) of vaccine-induced HIV seropositivity, volunteers should be offered long-term follow-up to monitor their serological evolution...
- [Liver toxicity of antiretroviral treatments]Gilles Pialoux
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:155-8. 2003
- Serologic response to hepatitis B vaccination in HIV-Infected patients with isolated positivity for antibodies to hepatitis B core antigenCatherine Chakvetadze
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 75 970 Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:1184-6. 2010..No baseline factors were found to be predictive of an anamnestic response, which occurred in 32.5% of the patients. The overall response rate among patients without an anamnestic response was 74.0% after 3-6 vaccine doses...
- Analyzing plasma HIV-1 RNA measurements as multiple recurrent events in clinical trialsPhilippe Flandre
INSERM Unité 720, 56 Boulevard Vincent Auriol, 75625 Paris Cedex 13, France
HIV Clin Trials 7:116-24. 2006..We applied the different models to data from a clinical trial in HIV-1-infected patients...
- Serum alpha-fetoprotein predicts virologic response to hepatitis C treatment in HIV coinfected patientsFabrice Carrat
UPMC Paris6, UMR S707, INSERM, UMR S707, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 22:1513-5. 2008..83; 95% confidence interval 1.05-3.20). Serum alpha-fetoprotein measurement should be integrated in the pretreatment assessment of prognostic factors of a virologic response...
- Long-term specific immune responses induced in humans by a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 lipopeptide vaccine: characterization of CD8+-T-cell epitopes recognizedHanne Gahéry-Ségard
Département d Immunologie Membre de l IFR 116 INSERM U567, Institut Cochin, 75014 Paris, France
J Virol 77:11220-31. 2003..05 compared to three injections), which indicates an increase in the breadth of HIV CD8(+)-T-cell epitope recognition after the boost...
- Emergence of HIV-1 mutated strains after interruption of highly active antiretroviral therapy in chronically infected patientsNathalie Daniel
AIDS 17:2126-9. 2003
- Reactivation of hepatitis B virus replication during peginterferon-ribavirin therapy in an HIV/hepatitis C virus-co-infected patient with isolated anti-hepatitis B core antibodiesCatherine Chakvetadze
AIDS 21:393-4. 2007
- Final analysis of the Trilège induction-maintenance trial: results at 18 monthsPhilippe Flandre
INSERM SC10, Hopital Paul Brousse, 16 avenue Paull Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
AIDS 16:561-8. 2002..First results of Trilège demonstrated that the strategy of less intensive antiviral therapy is less effective than continuation of triple-drug therapy...
- New CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses induced in chronically HIV type-1-infected patients after immunizations with an HIV type 1 lipopeptide vaccineHanne Gahery
Institut Cochin, Departement d Immunologie, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, Universite Rene Descartes, 75014 Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:684-94. 2006..Lipopeptides induce new anti-HIV T cell responses in vaccinated infected patients and could be used as a new immunotherapy strategy. The majority of these responders induced specific new CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell responses...
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B in HIV-infected patients (EPIB 2005 STUDY)Lionel Piroth
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Dijon, 10 boulevard du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
AIDS 21:1323-31. 2007..To describe the characteristics of hepatitis B (HBV) infection in HIV-infected patients and the impact of anti-HBV treatments...
- Hepatic steatosis as an emerging cause of cirrhosis in HIV-infected patientsPierre Loulergue
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:365. 2007
- Efficacy and safety of TMC125 (etravirine) in treatment-experienced HIV-1-infected patients in DUET-1: 24-week results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJosé Valdez Madruga
Centro de Referência e Treinamento DST AIDS, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lancet 370:29-38. 2007..The aim of this trial was to assess the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of TMC125 (etravirine), a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)...
- Risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients during interferon plus ribavirin-based therapyFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:47-52. 2005..To evaluate the incidence, clinical features, and risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV)-coinfected patients receiving anti-HCV therapy...
- Virologic and immunologic efficacy of the tenofovir/didanosine/lamivudine regimenRomina Quercia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:389-90. 2006
- Efficacy of early treatment of acute hepatitis C infection with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in HIV-infected patientsStephanie Dominguez
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases INSERM U 720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
AIDS 20:1157-61. 2006..Treatment of acute hepatitis C (HCV) in HIV-infected patients has been poorly addressed...
- Critical drug interaction between ritonavir-boosted atazanavir regimen and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsJean Marie Poirier
AIDS 20:1087-9. 2006
- Clinical safety of HIV lipopeptides used as vaccines in healthy volunteers and HIV-infected adultsChristine Durier
INSERM SC10, 16 Avenue Paul Caillant Couturier, 94800 Villejuif, France
AIDS 20:1039-49. 2006..The aim of this study was to review clinical safety of HIV lipopeptides...
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Mortality due to hepatitis C-related liver disease in HIV-infected patients in France (Mortavic 2001 study)Eric Rosenthal
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hopital Archet, Nice, France
AIDS 17:1803-9. 2003....
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Outbreak of syphilis among HIV-infected patients: descriptive data from a Parisian hospitalBruno Abraham
Sex Transm Dis 32:718-9. 2005
- Severe rhabdomyolysis during a hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir in a patient treated with ciprofibrateCamille Fontaine
AIDS 19:1927-8. 2005
- Imported malaria in HIV-infected patients enrolled in the ANRS CO4 FHDH studyChristian Mouala
INSERM, U720, Paris, F 75013 France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:55-60. 2008..To describe episodes of imported malaria in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patients and to study the risk factors for severe Plasmodium falciparum malaria...
- Proton pump inhibitors do not reduce atazanavir concentrations in HIV-infected patients treated with ritonavir-boosted atazanavirJean Baptiste Guiard-Schmid
AIDS 19:1937-8. 2005