A E Perrin
- [Development and long-term prognosis of unexplained persistent inflammatory biologic syndromes]A E Perrin
Service de Medecine interne et nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, Avenue Moliere, 67098 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 23:683-9. 2002..The aim of this study is to describe the long-term follow-up and the prognosis of a group of patients hospitalised for an inflammatory syndrome and discharged without causal diagnosis...
- [Adult Still's disease: an unrecognized cause of acute febrile hepatic cytolysis. Study of twelve patients]E Andres
Service de Medecine interne et nutrition, Hopitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:353-5. 2001..Certain liver test abnormalities have been described in adult Still's disease. The objective of the present study was to analyze their type and frequency...
- [Sub-clinical hypothyroidism, towards the end of a controversy?]J L Schlienger
Service de Medecine interne et nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, Strasbourg
Presse Med 32:1760-5. 2003..More studies are required to better identify the patients who will benefit most from hormone replacement...
- [Low vitamin B12 levels in elderly patients cured within one week by oral cobalamin therapy]G Kaltenbach
Centre de Gerontologie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg
Presse Med 34:358-62. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the initial dose of oral cyanocobalamin that would correct the B12 vitamin deficiency within one week...
- Sympathovagal response to orthostatism in overt and in subclinical hyperthyroidismB Goichot
Department of Internal Medicine and Nutrition, Hopital Hautepierre, Strasbourg University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
J Endocrinol Invest 27:348-52. 2004..Our study shows that despite an apparent normal cardiovascular adaptation to orthostatism in hyperthyroidism, the modulation of the autonomic nervous system is profoundly modified...
- Primary hepatic anaplastic large cell Ki-1 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and hereditary hemochromatosis: a fortuitous association?E Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Clin Lab Haematol 25:185-6. 2003..We report here a case of primary hepatic anaplastic large cell Ki-1 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in a 60 year old patient followed for hereditary hemochromatosis...
- Efficacy of short-term oral cobalamin therapy for the treatment of cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption: a study of 30 patientsE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Clin Lab Haematol 25:161-6. 2003..It has been suggested that oral cobalamin (vitamin (B12)) therapy may be an effective therapy for treating cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption. However, the duration of this treatment was not determined...
- Hematological response to short-term oral cyanocobalamin therapy for the treatment of cobalamin deficiencies in elderly patientsE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67 091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 10:3-6. 2006..The aim of this trial was to demonstrate the efficacy of one month of oral cobalamin (vitamin B12) therapy in elderly patients with cobalamin deficiency related to food-cobalamin malabsorption (FCM)...
- Haematopoietic growth factor in antithyroid-drug-induced agranulocytosisE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
QJM 94:423-8. 2001..8+/-4 days vs. 11.6+/-5; 7.5+/-3.8 days vs. 12+/-4.5; and 7.3+/-4.8 days vs. 13+/-6.1, respectively (all p<0.05). G-CSF induced flu-like symptoms in 30% of patients, but reduced overall costs...
- Oral cobalamin therapy for the treatment of patients with food-cobalamin malabsorptionE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine and Nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, Strasbourg, France
Am J Med 111:126-9. 2001..It has been suggested that oral cobalamin therapy may be effective for treating patients who have food-cobalamin malabsorption...
- Hyperammonaemic encephalopathy induced by a commercial very-low-energy diet in a neglected ornithine-carbamoyltransferase-deficient womanS Vinzio
Department of Internal Medicine and Nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, Universite Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
J Inherit Metab Dis 28:1133-5. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case and it underlines the potential risk of such a diet in patients with undiagnosed or neglected ornithine carbamoyltransferase deficiency...
- [DHEA: an unknown star]J L Schlienger
Service de Medecine interne et nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, 67098 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 23:436-46. 2002..To analyse the beneficial effects of a supplementation in order to alleviate its decrease in ageing and improve well-being...
- [Gastroplasty: complications and their prevention]J L Schlienger
Service de Medecine interne et nutrition, Hopital de Hautepierre, Strasbourg, France
Diabetes Metab 29:88-93. 2003..Gastroplasty is not an harmless procedure. A good selection in patients, a regular follow up, nutritional advices and psychosocial management by a multidisciplinar team are required to reduce complications after gastroplasty...
- Ten-year trends of dietary intake in a middle-aged French population: relationship with educational levelA E Perrin
Groupe d Etudes sur la Nutrition, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:393-401. 2002..Trends in nutrient intake and food consumption were examined with a special emphasis on the relationships between educational level and dietary behaviour...
- [Hormonal perturbations in fibromyalgia]J L Schlienger
, , 67098 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 62:542-8. 2001..Many of the abnormalities may be the consequence of psychological disturbances...