- Isolation of human lymphocyte antigens class I-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytes against autologous myeloma cellsC Pellat-Deceunynck
Institute National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U463, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Clin Cancer Res 5:705-9. 1999..This seems to be the first demonstration of myeloma-specific pCTL in peripheral blood T cells of patients with multiple myeloma...
- Normal and malignant human plasma cells: proliferation, differentiation, and expansions in relation to CD45 expressionC Pellat-Deceunynck
Inserm UMR463, Institut de Biologie, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:293-301. 2004..In conclusion, proliferation is linked to plasma-cell generation and a CD45bright phenotype is the hallmark of the most proliferating normal, reactive as well as malignant plasma cells...
- The cancer germ-line genes MAGE-1, MAGE-3 and PRAME are commonly expressed by human myeloma cellsC Pellat-Deceunynck
INSERM U463, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Eur J Immunol 30:803-9. 2000..HLA-A1 cytotoxic T lymphocytes efficiently killed MAGE-1+HLA-A1+ MDN myeloma cells. Taken together, our data show that mage-1 and mage-3 could constitute specific targets for tumor immunotherapy of MM patients...
- Tumour-associated antigens in multiple myelomaCatherine Pellat-Deceunynck
INSERM U463, Equipe Labellisee par la Ligue Contre le Cancer, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Br J Haematol 120:3-9. 2003
- Expression of CD28 and CD40 in human myeloma cells: a comparative study with normal plasma cellsC Pellat-Deceunynck
Laboratoire d Oncogénèse Immunohématologique, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Blood 84:2597-603. 1994..Our data strongly suggest that both disease activity and medullary homing (or not) are correlated with the expression of CD19, CD40, CD28, and CD56 on human myeloma cells...
- Farnesyl transferase inhibitor R115777 induces apoptosis of human myeloma cellsS Le Gouill
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 463, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Leukemia 16:1664-7. 2002..The induction of apoptosis by R115777 in myeloma cells and its implication in the regulation of JAK/STAT signalling suggest that R115777 might be an interesting therapeutical approach in MM...
- Interleukin-6 is a growth factor for nonmalignant human plasmablastsG Jego
, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Blood 97:1817-22. 2001..Finally, IL-6 enhanced the proliferation (2-fold increase) of IL-2-generated plasmablasts. In conclusion, the data indicate that IL-6 is a growth factor for nonmalignant human plasmablasts...
- Autocrine insulin-like growth factor 1 and stem cell factor but not interleukin 6 support self-renewal of human myeloma cellsD Chiron
1 INSERM, UMR 892, Centre de Recherches en Cancérologie Nantes Angers, Nantes, France 2 UFR Médecine et Techniques Médicales, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France 3 CNRS, UMR 6299, Nantes, France
Blood Cancer J 3:e120. 2013..This study highlights the autocrine role of IGF1 in myeloma cells and reinforces the interest in targeting IGF1R in IGFR1(+) CD45(+/-) patients, such as MMSET(+) patients...
- Reactive plasmacytoses are expansions of plasmablasts retaining the capacity to differentiate into plasma cellsG Jego
INSERM U463, Laboratoire Central d Hématologie, Institut de Biologie, Service d Hematologie Clinique, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Blood 94:701-12. 1999..This report provides the first characterization of normal plasmablasts and shows that their phenotype is not exactly that of multiple myeloma cells...
- Combination of lenalidomide with vitamin D3 induces apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma via demethylation of BIKC Brosseau
1 INSERM, UMR 892, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie Nantes Angers, Nantes, France 2 Université de Nantes, Nantes, France 3 CNRS, UMR 6299, Nantes, France 4 Service d Hématologie, CHU Nantes, Nantes, France
Cell Death Dis 5:e1389. 2014..These preclinical data provide the rationale to investigate the role of VD3 in vivo in the response to Len. ..
- The cap-translation inhibitor 4EGI-1 induces apoptosis in multiple myeloma through Noxa inductionG Descamps
INSERM, U892, Univ Nantes, CNRS, UMR 6299, Nantes, F 44000, France
Br J Cancer 106:1660-7. 2012..As multiple myeloma is an incurable disease that requires new therapeutic approaches, we investigated whether targeting the translation initiation pathway could be a target for myeloma therapy...
- Pathogen-associated molecular patterns are growth and survival factors for human myeloma cells through Toll-like receptorsG Jego
INSERM, U601, Nantes, France
Leukemia 20:1130-7. 2006..Thus, TLR expression and function are not restricted to the cells of the immune system and could be of advantage for cancer cells. In MM, recurrent infections could promote tumor growth and favor escape from standard therapies...
- A cellular model for myeloma cell growth and maturation based on an intraclonal CD45 hierarchyRegis Bataille
Myeloma Basic Research Group, INSERM U463 and Central Laboratory of Hematology, Nantes, France
Immunol Rev 194:105-11. 2003..Finally, this model presents MM as a self-renewing plasma cell disease, although the first oncogenic events such as 14q32 translocations clearly occur earlier in a B cell...
- Phenotypic characterization of the human myeloma cell growth fractionNelly Robillard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMR601, Département de Recherche en Cancérologie, Nantes, France
Blood 105:4845-8. 2005..Among all of these molecules, only CD11a was exclusively expressed by CD45(bright) proliferating myeloma cells. In conclusion, proliferating myeloma cells are characterized by the specific CD45(bright) CD11a(pos) Bcl-2(low) phenotype...
- The magnitude of Akt/phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase proliferating signaling is related to CD45 expression in human myeloma cellsGéraldine Descamps
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 601, Ligue Nationale contre le Cancer Label, Nantes, France
J Immunol 173:4953-9. 2004..Thus, strategies that block IGF-1R signaling and consequently the Akt/PI3K pathway could be a priority in the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma, especially those lacking CD45 expression that have a very poor clinical outcome...
- Crucial role of phosphatase CD45 in determining signaling and proliferation of human myeloma cellsMadeleine Collette
INSERM, U601, Département de Recherche en Cancérologie, LNC Label, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44000 Nantes, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 18:120-6. 2007..The poor outcome of CD45- myeloma patients could be related to the capacity of CD45-myeloma cells to take advantage of multiple growth factors...
- Allogeneic T lymphocytes as a source of peptide-dependent T cells specific for myeloma cellsAlexandrine Geffroy-Luseau
Inserm UMR601, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Int Immunol 17:1193-200. 2005..Cold target competition and acid elution experiments confirmed that myeloma cell recognition was peptide dependent...
- The phenotype of normal, reactive and malignant plasma cells. Identification of "many and multiple myelomas" and of new targets for myeloma therapyRegis Bataille
INSERM, U601, Nantes, France
Haematologica 91:1234-40. 2006..Finally, this review presents data from normal PC up to human myeloma cell lines in order to: (i) define different entities of MM based on expression of CD19, CD20, CD27 and CD117; and (ii) identify new therapeutic targets...
- Mcl-1L cleavage is involved in TRAIL-R1- and TRAIL-R2-mediated apoptosis induced by HGS-ETR1 and HGS-ETR2 human mAbs in myeloma cellsEmmanuelle Menoret
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 601, Nantes, F 44000, France
Blood 108:1346-52. 2006..Taken together, our data clearly encourage clinical trials of anti-TRAILR1 mAb in multiple myeloma, especially for patients whose disease is in relapse, at the time of drug resistance...
- CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed in a subset of MGUS and multiple myeloma with unexpectedly good prognosisRegis Bataille
INSERM UMR 601, Institute of Biology, Nantes, France
Leuk Res 32:379-82. 2008..In conclusion, CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed on a subset of MGUS and MM with a more indolent presentation and is functionally antinomic to CD221 (IGF-1R). CD117 expression could be related to a specific oncogenic pathway in MM...
- Report of the European Myeloma Network on multiparametric flow cytometry in multiple myeloma and related disordersAndy C Rawstron
HMDS, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds, UK
Haematologica 93:431-8. 2008....
- Toll-like receptors: lessons to learn from normal and malignant human B cellsDavid Chiron
INSERM U892, Nantes, France
Blood 112:2205-13. 2008..Special attention will be focused on the growth-promoting effects of TLR ligands on leukemic B cells and their potential clinical impact...
- Poor ex vivo induction of T-cell responses to idiotype or tumor cell lysate-pulsed autologous dendritic cells in advanced pre-treated multiple myelomaLaurent Garderet
Inserm and EA1638, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1340-7. 2006..In conclusion, the T-cell response to pulsed DCs was very weak or absent. There are clinical and technical reasons that could explain, in part, this lack of response...