- [Divisibility of warfarin and fluindione tablets tested in elderly patients and their family circle]Eric Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, Unité gériatrique aiguë, Unité gériatrique aiguë, Unité gériatrique aiguë
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 9:171-7. 2011..Vitamin K antagonist tablets are often split to fractionate the dose by elderly patients. We performed a study in order to assess the divisibility of one dosage strength of score-lined warfarin and of score-lined fluindione...
- [Management of complications with antivitamin K in elderly people]Eric Pautas
Unité de Gériatrie Aiguë, hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Ivry sur Seine, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
Soins Gerontol . 2011..Recent French and North American recommendations are available and must be widely circulated, in community practices as well as hospitals, in order to improve the treatment of overdoses and/or haemorrhagic accidents under AVK...
- [Management of oral anticoagulants by elderly patients at home]Eric Pautas
Court séjour gériatrique, Hopital Charles Foix, groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AH HP, Ivry sur Seine France
Soins Gerontol . 2013..The patients, or main carers managing the treatment at home, have adequate knowledge of their treatment. The education of elderly patients therefore seems to be a reasonable and viable objective...
- [Relationship between maintenance dosages of fluindione (Préviscan) and warfarin (Coumadin) for patients 70 years and older]E Pautas
service de court séjour gériatrique, Hopital Charles Foix, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AP HP, 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France UFR Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris 6, 75013 Paris, France Inserm UMR S 765, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 75006 Paris, France Electronic address
Rev Med Interne 36:7-9. 2015..Switching from fluindione, an indanedione vitamin K antagonist derivative, to warfarin, a coumarin one, or vice versa, requires to know the relationships between dosages of these two molecules...
- Anemia in the elderly: usefulness of an easy and comprehensive laboratory screenEric Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, Paris, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 70:643-7. 2012..Second-line bone marrow aspiration adds to the diagnostic yield...
- [Risk and management of anti-vitamin K in the elderly]Eric Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Ivry sur Seine, France
Rev Prat 59:1377-81. 2009..The use of VKA in frail elderly patients requires a specific clinical assessment before and during treatment. Moreover, initiation and management of VKA therapy offers some specificities in older patients...
- Reversal of overanticoagulation in very elderly hospitalized patients with an INR above 5.0: 24-hour INR response after vitamin K administrationEric Pautas
Unité de Gériatrie Aiguë, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France
Am J Med 124:527-33. 2011..0) can apply to elderly inpatients, and notably allow 24-hour INRs to return to the 1.8-3.2 range in this population. The influence of different factors on the vitamin K response also was evaluated...
- Is Modification of Diet in Renal Disease formula similar to Cockcroft-Gault formula to assess renal function in elderly hospitalized patients treated with low-molecular-weight heparin?Isabelle Gouin-Thibault
Hematology Laboratory, Charles Foix Hospital AP HP, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, Cedex, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:1300-5. 2007....
- Improving anticoagulation control in hospitalized elderly patients on warfarinIsabelle Gouin-Thibault
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Charles Foix, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:242-7. 2010..To determine the effect of patient characteristics and of specific guidelines that were developed for managing warfarin therapy in older adults and included in an in-house computer program on anticoagulation quality...
- Haemorrhagic complications of vitamin k antagonists in the elderly: risk factors and managementEric Pautas
Unité de Gériatrie Aiguë, hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Ivry Seine, France
Drugs Aging 23:13-25. 2006..Avoiding over-anticoagulation and/or reducing periods of overdosing in the course of oral anticoagulant treatment with tailored monitoring may help to minimise the risk of bleeding in older patients...
- Optimizing the use of anticoagulants (heparins and oral anticoagulants) in the elderlyVirginie Siguret
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Drugs Aging 30:687-99. 2013..Even though some elderly patients were included in pivotal clinical trials evaluating these new anticoagulants, the safety of these drugs remains uncertain in real life...
- Warfarin therapy: influence of pharmacogenetic and environmental factors on the anticoagulant response to warfarinVirginie Siguret
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Charles Foix, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Vitam Horm 78:247-64. 2008..Predicting models of warfarin maintenance dosage taking into account these individual parameters are currently developed...
- Elderly medical patients treated with prophylactic dosages of enoxaparin: influence of renal function on anti-Xa activity levelIsabelle Mahe
Internal Medicine Department A, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Drugs Aging 24:63-71. 2007..The safety and optimal use of prophylactic treatment with low-molecular-weight heparins in elderly patients with impaired renal function remain undefined...
- Prevalence of Hereditary Thrombophilia in Patients Older Than 75 Years With Venous Thromboembolism Referred for Thrombophilia ScreeningVirginie Siguret
UniversitéParis Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR S 1140, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 70:977-81. 2015....
- Inflammation and disability as risk factors for mortality in elderly acute care patientsChristine Forasassi
Service de Gerontologie V, Hopital Charles Foix, 7av de la République, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:406-10. 2009..We conclude that CRP and disability are strong independent risk factors for death in this population, and special attention should be paid to these patients in an integrated therapeutic approach to geriatric care...
- A need for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for the use of heparins in the elderlyIsabelle Gouin-Thibault
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital Charles Foix, and Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U, Paris, France
Clin Interv Aging 5:119-21. 2010..Moreover, no data support any laboratory monitoring in elderly patients treated with prophylactic dose LMWHs...
- [Analysis of 736 blood transfusions in a geriatric teaching hospital]Nathalie Mitha
Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AP HP, Hopital Charles Foix, unité d onco hémato gériatrie, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Presse Med 43:e251-6. 2014..We analyzed prescriptions of red blood cell transfusion in very old patients hospitalized in a geriatric teaching hospital...
- [Hodgkin lymphoma in the elderly]Tiphaine Belleville
Hopital Charles Foix, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Ivry sur Seine
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 69:319-24. 2011..The diagnostic approach and treatment strategy of Hodgkin's disease are summarized in this paper, especially the particular features of the disease in the elderly...
- Safety profile of different low-molecular weight heparins used at therapeutic doseIsabelle Gouin-Thibault
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hôpital Charles Foix University Hospital of Paris, Ivry Seine, France
Drug Saf 28:333-49. 2005..In conclusion, studies that include special population patients are required to make conclusive recommendations concerning the safety and monitoring of the different LMWHs...
- [Management of vitamin K antagonists in the elderly]Tiphaine Belleville
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou AP HP, Paris, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 72:185-92. 2014..Even though the use of direct oral anticoagulants is currently expanding, prescribing VKA in elderly patients in whom the prevalence of severe renal insufficiency remains up to date. ..
- [Anticoagulation of older patients: what is new?]Carmelo Lafuente-Lafuente
Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix AP HP, site Charles Foix, pôle de gériatrie Paris Val de Marne, 94205 Ivry sur Seine, France
Presse Med 42:187-96. 2013..NOA also have other unresolved problems: drug interactions are still possible, specific coagulation test to assess them must be developed, and no specific antidote is currently available in case of hemorrhagic complication...
- Initiation of warfarin therapy in elderly medical inpatients: a safe and accurate regimenVirginie Siguret
Hematology Laboratory, Charles Foix Teaching Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Med 118:137-42. 2005..We conducted a prospective multicenter study to evaluate the accuracy and safety of this regimen...
- Vitamin K antagonist use in the elderly: special considerationsVirginie Siguret
hôpital Charles Foix AP HP, Laboratoire d Hematologie, 7 avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Future Cardiol 3:321-30. 2007..Current recommendations concerning the management at the start of treatment, education and adequate monitoring may help to minimize the hemorrhagic risk in these frail patients...
- A model predicting fluindione dose requirement in elderly inpatients including genotypes, body weight, and amiodaroneCaroline Moreau
Ass Prof Virginie Siguret, Inserm UMR S 765, 4 av de l Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France, Tel 33 1 56 09 50 56, Fax 33 1 56 09 39 13, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:705-12. 2014..Studies are required to know whether fluindione could be an alternative VKA in carriers of polymorphic CYP2C9 alleles, hypersensitive to coumarins. ..
- [Focus on digitalis intoxication in the elderly. Report of a case treated with digoxin-specific Fab antibody fragments]Eric Pautas
Unité gériatrique aiguë, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix, AP HP, Paris, France, UFR de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris 6, France
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 10:355-63. 2012..This will permit a more effective management of the case, with the support of a poison control center and possible referral of the patient to an intensive care unit...
- Appropriate proton pump inhibitors use in elderly outpatients according to recommendationsClaire Schonheit
service de court séjour gériatrique, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix, DHU FAST, APHP, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil . 2016..The main objective of this descriptive and prospective study was to assess in elderly patients the adequacy of PPI prescriptions to these recommendations and to the marketing authorization...
- [Iron deficiency in elderly patients: use of biomarkers]Hélène Le Petitcorps
service de court séjour gériatrique, GH Pitié Salpêtrière Charles Foix DHU FAST, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Charles Foix, Ivry sur Seine, France, UFR Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris 6, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 73:639-42. 2015....
- Placement of the VenaTech LP caval filter in the elderly: feasibility and clinical benefits of insertion via the armAlain F Le Blanche
Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Hopital, Universitaire Charles Foix Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, UNIVERSITE DE PARIS, 6 7, avenue de la Republique, 94205 Ivry sur Seine cedex, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:813-7. 2005..Neck arthritis, patient anxiety, access site thrombosis or fecal/urinary incontinence complicating jugular or femoral access may require alternative access sites in this population...
- Human NK cells display major phenotypic and functional changes over the life spanMagali Le Garff-Tavernier
INSERM, UMR S 945, F 75013, Paris, France
Aging Cell 9:527-35. 2010..We conclude that the preservation of NK cell features until very advanced age may contribute to longevity and successful aging...