- Isolated hypoglossal palsy due to cervical osteophyteV Patron
Service d ORL et de chirurgie cervicofaciale, CHU Cote de Nacre, Avenue de la Cote de Nacre, Caen, France
Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis 129:44-6. 2012..Isolated hypoglossal nerve palsy is rare, and etiological diagnosis is difficult. We report a case of isolated hypoglossal compression by a cervical osteophyte in the hypoglossal canal exit...
- The forgotten foramina: a study of the anterior cribriform plateVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, CHU de Caen, Avenue de la Cote de Nacre, Caen cedex 9, 14033, France
Surg Radiol Anat 37:835-40. 2015..In a more lateral and anterior location, a second foramen, the "cribroethmoidal foramen", contains the anterior ethmoidal nerve. The aim of this study was to verify the existence of these elements and to establish landmarks for surgery...
- State of the art of endoscopic frontal sinus cerebrospinal fluid leak repairV Patron
Service d Otorhinolaryngologie et de Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, CHU de Caen, Avenue de la Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen cedex 9, France Electronic address
Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis 132:347-52. 2015..However, these techniques require a thorough knowledge of frontal sinus anatomy and endoscopic CSF leak repair. This knowledge is essential both to ensure closure of the CSF leak and to preserve frontal sinus patency. ..
- Predictive factors for lateral occult lymph node metastasis in papillary thyroid carcinomaVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Rennes University Hospital, 2 rue Henri le Guillou, 35000 Rennes, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:2095-100. 2013..In that case further discussion regarding the risks and benefits of lateral nodal dissection may be warranted...
- Occult lymph node metastases increase locoregional recurrence in differentiated thyroid carcinomaVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Rennes University Hospital, Rennes, France
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 121:283-90. 2012..A retrospective study was conducted in our department to assess the influence of OLNM...
- Endoscopic treatment of pharyngo-esophageal diverticulum in childVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Rennes University Hospital Center, 2 rue Henri le Guillou, 35000 Rennes, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:694-7. 2010..The diverticulum was removed by endoscopic CO(2) laser surgery. No relapse occurred during the 4-year follow-up period after surgery...
- Transethmoidal drainage of frontal brain abscessesVincent Patron
Limoges University Hospital Center, Limoges, France, Rennes University Hospital Center, Rennes, France
Surg Innov 17:300-5. 2010..Treatment is based on antimicrobial therapy and neurosurgical evacuation, but controversy still remains as to the merits place of each...
- Pattern of lateral neck metastases in N0 papillary thyroid carcinomaVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Rennes University Hospital Center, France
BMC Cancer 11:8. 2011..Indication and extent of lateral prophylactic neck dissection (PLND) in papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) is very controversial...
- New treatment of vertigo caused by jugular bulb abnormalitiesMartin Hitier
CHU de Caen, Caen, France Normandie University, Normandy, France UCBN, COMETE, Caen, France INSERM, U 1075 COMETE, Caen, France Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Brain Health Research Center, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Surg Innov 21:365-71. 2014..Hence, we have developed a new treatment for vertigo caused by jugular bulb anomalies, using an endovascular technique...
- Endonasal trans-ethmoidal drainage of a cerebral abscessVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Limoges University Hospital Center, Limoges, France
Skull Base 20:389-92. 2010..Follow-up at 8 months revealed no cerebrospinal fluid leak or meningitis, and no abscess recurrence. This case validates the feasibility of endonasal trans-ethmoidal drainage of intracranial abscesses...