- [What are the peculiarities of management of respiratory insufficiency patients coupled with air travel? Air travel in patients undergoing mechanical ventilation]D Orlikowski
Service de réanimation médicale et pôle de ventilation a domicile, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:4S34-4S36. 2007
- Recombinant human acid alpha-glucosidase (rhGAA) in adult patients with severe respiratory failure due to Pompe diseaseDavid Orlikowski
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Raymond Poincaré Teaching Hospital, Garches, France
Neuromuscul Disord 21:477-82. 2011..The treatment was well tolerated. Alglucosidase alfa may stabilize or even slightly improve muscle strength and respiratory function among patients with severe Pompe disease...
- Noninvasive ventilation as an alternative to endotracheal intubation during tracheotomy in advanced neuromuscular diseaseDavid Orlikowski
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Respir Care 52:1728-33. 2007..To compare conventional tracheotomy with endotracheal intubation to tracheotomy with noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation (NPPV) in advanced neuromuscular disease...
- [Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections in patients with the Guillain-Barre syndrome]D Orlikowski
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Arch Pediatr 13:1561-5. 2006..There is no proof, at this time, that anti-infectious treatment can improve the prognosis. The treatment is based on the early use of immunomodulatory treatments like intravenous immunoglobulins or plasma exchanges...
- Tongue weakness is associated with respiratory failure in patients with severe Guillain-Barré syndromeD Orlikowski
Services de Réanimation Médicale, Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Centre d Innovations Technologiques, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, Garches, France
Acta Neurol Scand 119:364-70. 2009..We prospectively evaluate how tongue weakness could be associated to bulbar dysfunction and respiratory weakness in severe GBS patients...
- Automatic air-leak compensation in neuromuscular patients: a feasibility studyDavid Orlikowski
Intensive Care Unit And Home Ventilation Unit, Raymond Poincaré Teaching Hospital Versailles University SQY, APHP, 104 Boulevard R Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Respir Med 103:173-9. 2009..The automatic air-leak compensation system tested here should be evaluated in long-term efficacy and tolerance studies and compared to other ventilation modes capable of compensating for leaks, such as pressure support...
- [Long term domiciliary mechanical ventilation in patients with neuromuscular disease (indications, establishment and follow up)]D Orlikowski
Service de réanimation médicale et pôle de ventilation 6 domicile, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches
Rev Mal Respir 22:1021-30. 2005..Neuromuscular diseases represent a heterogeneous group of pathologies which common feature is the development of a restrictive ventilatory failure...
- Significance of phrenic nerve electrophysiological abnormalities in Guillain-Barré syndromeM C Durand
Functional Testing Department, Raymond Poincaré Teaching Hospital, Garches, France
Neurology 65:1646-9. 2005..In ventilated patients, motor loss severity, progression, and VC reduction were significantly greater, and bulbar dysfunction was more common. Predicting respiratory failure must rely on clinical features and VC...
- Measuring inspiratory muscle strength in neuromuscular disease: one test or two?N Terzi
Intensive Care Unit, Dept of Physiology Functional Testing and Centre for Technological Innovation, Raymond Poincaré Teaching Hospital, Garches, France
Eur Respir J 31:93-8. 2008..However, when sniff nasal inspiratory pressure measurement yields the best value at baseline, using sniff nasal inspiratory pressure alone during follow-up may be appropriate...
- Characteristics of tracheostomy phonation valvesH Prigent
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Eur Respir J 27:992-6. 2006..In conclusion, the variety of aerodynamic characteristics of phonation valves should be considered when choosing the device, according to the underlying condition of the patients benefiting from their use...
- Sniff nasal inspiratory pressure: what is the optimal number of sniffs?F Lofaso
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Eur Respir J 27:980-2. 2006....
- [Prevalence and characteristics of Guillain-Barré syndromes associated with Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus in greater Paris]V Sivadon
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:536-8. 2005..We aimed to study prevalence and features of Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus (CMV)-associated Guillain-Barré syndromes (GBS) in a French care unit...
- [Enzyme replacement therapy of lysosomal storage diseases]D P Germain
Université de Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines UVSQ, 78035 Versailles, France
Rev Med Interne 31:S279-91. 2010..Molecular chaperones (e.g. migalastat for Fabry disease) and inhibitors of glucosylceramide synthesis (e.g. eliglustat tartrate for Gaucher disease) are currently under investigation in various clinical trials...
- Dilative arteriopathy and basilar artery dolichoectasia complicating late-onset Pompe diseaseP Laforet
Institut de Myologie, Batiment Babinski, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Neurology 70:2063-6. 2008..Strokes related to intracranial aneurysm or arteriopathy have been reported in a few patients with late-onset Pompe disease. These reports suggested that cerebral vessel involvement could be an underrecognized complication of this disease...
- Be careful about abdominal discomfort in adult patients with muscular dystrophyA Fayssoil
Raymond Poincare Hospital, AP HP, University of Versailles SQY, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France Electronic address
Rev Neurol (Paris) 170:548-50. 2014..Heart failure is a classical complication mainly in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). We report 2 cases of severe acute heart failure revealed by abdominal discomfort in a patient with DMD and in a patient with gamma-sarcoglycanopathy. ..
- [Heart involvement in sarcoglycanopathies]A Fayssoil
Réanimation Médicale, Université Versailles SQY, CHU Raymond Poincaré, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, Garches, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 168:779-82. 2012..Clinical pictures include muscle weakness affecting mainly the proximal limb girdle musculature. We review heart involvement in this group of disease...
- [Neuromuscular diseases in adults: which respiratory muscle explorations for what type of management?]F Lofaso
Services de Réanimation Médicale, de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles et Centre d lnnovations Technologiques, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, Garches, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:2S78-85. 2005
- Nocturnal mechanical ventilation for chronic hypoventilation in patients with neuromuscular and chest wall disordersD Annane
Hopital Raymond Poincare, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Critical Care Department, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, Garches, Ile de France, France, 92380
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2007..Chronic alveolar hypoventilation is a common complication of many neuromuscular and chest wall disorders. Long-term nocturnal mechanical ventilation is increasingly used to treat it...
- [Neuromuscular diseases: imaging of thoracic, digestive and urinary complications]D Mompoint
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
J Radiol 91:1419-36. 2010..The imaging features of frequent manifestations will be discussed along with the imaging appearance of a few specific entities...
- Complete atrioventricular block in Duchenne muscular dystrophyA Fayssoil
Cardiology, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, AP HP, Paris, France
Europace 10:1351-2. 2008..Heart is involved leading to heart failure. Conduction abnormalities are unusual. We report a case of complete atrio-ventricular block in a DMD patient...
- Respiratory insufficiency and limb muscle weakness in adults with Pompe's diseaseN Pellegrini
Intensive Care Unit and Department of Physiology Functional Testing, Garches Institute, France
Eur Respir J 26:1024-31. 2005..Mechanical ventilation and tracheostomy may improve vital capacity and should, therefore, be taken into account when evaluating treatments for the adult form of Pompe's disease...
- Ventilatory assistance in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophyF Lofaso
Eur Respir J 28:468-9. 2006
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 and chemokine receptor CCR2 productions in Guillain-Barré syndrome and experimental autoimmune neuritisD Orlikowski
Réseau de Neuroimmunologie du Nerf Périphérique AP HP, INSERM E0011, Universite Paris 12 Val de Marne, France
J Neuroimmunol 134:118-27. 2003..These results suggest that MCP-1 and CCR2 may participate to the recruitment of circulating mononuclear cells in nerve tissue in EAN and GBS...
- [Respiratory handicap of neuromuscular origin: a plea for better patient information]J C Raphael
Rev Mal Respir 19:563-7. 2002