Jean Christophe Orban
- Assessment of muscle tissue oxygen saturation after out-of-hospital cardiac arrestJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, Nice University Hospital, 06000 Nice, France Electronic address
J Crit Care 30:1184-9. 2015..Our study was aimed at assessing the prognosis value of muscular StO2 in patients admitted for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) and treated with hypothermia...
- Confirmation of brain death diagnosis: A study on French practiceJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, CHU de Nice, rue Pierre Devoluy, 06001 Nice Cedex 1, France IRCAN, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Avenue Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France Electronic address
Anaesth Crit Care Pain Med 34:145-50. 2015..In France, brain death diagnosis is regulated by law and mandates the use of confirmatory tests (electroencephalogram or angiography). No data are available on this practice and the possible influence of medical history...
- [Management of glycemia: an audit in 66 ICUs]J C Orban
Réanimation médicochirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, CHU de Nice, rue Pierre Devoluy, 06006 Nice cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 32:84-8. 2013..The interest of tight glucose control in ICU is still debated. In France, no data are available regarding this therapy and the implementation of its guidelines...
- The practice of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest in France: a national surveyJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45284. 2012..Despite these guidelines, different surveys report a heterogeneous application of this treatment. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the clinical practice of therapeutic hypothermia in cardiac arrest patients...
- Transcranial Doppler shortens the time between clinical brain death and angiographic confirmation: a randomized trialJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Transplantation 94:585-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that TCD shortens the time between clinical brain death and computed tomography angiography (CTA) confirmation...
- Half-molar sodium lactate infusion to prevent intracranial hypertensive episodes in severe traumatic brain injured patients: a randomized controlled trialCarole Ichai
Medicosurgical Intensive Care Unit, Saint Roch Hospital, Nice Sophia Antipolis University, 06000, Nice, France
Intensive Care Med 39:1413-22. 2013..We aimed to compare the efficiency of half-molar sodium lactate (SL) versus saline serum solutions in preventing episodes of raised intracranial pressure (ICP) in patients with severe traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Effect of N-acetylcysteine pretreatment of deceased organ donors on renal allograft function: a randomized controlled trialJean Christophe Orban
1 Medico Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Saint Roch University Hospital, University of Medicine, Nice, France 2 Nephrology and renal transplantation Unit, Archet University hospital of Nice, Nice, France 3 Coordination of Procurement and Transplantation Unit, Cimiez University Hospital of Nice, Nice, France
Transplantation 99:746-53. 2015..The aim of the study was to investigate whether a donor pretreatment with N-acetylcysteine (NAC) reduces the incidence of DGF in adult human kidney transplant recipients...
- Hypovolaemic hypotension after abdominal aortic surgery is predicted by initial distribution volume of glucoseJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, Nice, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 27:364-8. 2010..In this study, we evaluated the use of the IDVG in predicting hypovolemic hypotension after abdominal aortic surgery...
- Efficacy of low-dose intrathecal morphine for postoperative analgesia after abdominal aortic surgery: a double-blind randomized studyMike Blay
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care East, Saint Roch Hospital, University of Nice, Nice, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:127-33. 2006....
- Sodium lactate versus mannitol in the treatment of intracranial hypertensive episodes in severe traumatic brain-injured patientsCarole Ichai
Faculté de Médecine and CHU de Nice, Service de Reanimation, Hopital Saint Roch, Nice Cedex 1, France
Intensive Care Med 35:471-9. 2009..We investigated the effect of a new hyperosmolar solution based on sodium lactate in controlling raised intracranial pressure (ICP)...
- A near-fatal case of exercise-associated hyponatremiaMathilde Severac
Intensive Care Unit, Saint Roch Hospital, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Am J Emerg Med 32:813.e1-2. 2014..A cerebral CT scan showed disappearance of cerebral edema. One month later, the patient had good recovery apart from some residual memory problems. Six months later, she was able to come back to work...
- Incidence and characteristics of acute kidney injury in severe diabetic ketoacidosisJean Christophe Orban
Réanimation Médico Chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Roch, CHU de Nice, Nice, France IRCAN, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 9:e110925. 2014..Acute kidney injury is a classical complication of diabetic ketoacidosis. However, to the best of our knowledge, no study has reported the incidence and characteristics of acute kidney injury since the consensus definition was issued...