Jean Luc Novella
- Agreement between patients' and proxies' reports of quality of life in Alzheimer's diseaseJ L Novella
Department of Internal Medicine and Gerontology, Hôpital Sébastopol, Reims, France
Qual Life Res 10:443-52. 2001..This study indicates the importance of considering the information source of a patient's HRQoL. However, assessments by proxies should be used with caution...
- [Hypoalbuminemia and invalidating edema in an elderly subject: treatment with parenteral albumin infusion]Jean Luc Novella
Service de Médecine Interne à Orientation Gériatrique, M4B, Hôpital Sébastopol, 49, rue Sébastopol, 51092 Reims Cedex
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:61-5. 2003..The clinical results obtained following this specific indication warrant further research work to verify their scientific validity on a larger scale...
- Measuring general health status in dementia: practical and methodological issues in using the SF-36J L Novella
Department of Internal Medicine and Gerontology, Hôpital Sébastopol, Reims, France
Aging (Milano) 13:362-9. 2001..This study, however, confirms that it is possible to question subjects with mild to moderate dementia on their health status...
- [Rights of people with Alzheimer's disease]Jean Luc Novella
Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculte de Medecine, EA3797, 51095 Reims
Rev Prat 61:950-5. 2011..Thus the emergence of a new tool, the future power of attorney (mandat de protection future), asserts the right to foresight, and allows the patient to regain a central position in their future management...
- Health status in patients with Alzheimer's disease: an investigation of inter-rater agreementJ L Novella
Department of Internal Medicine and Gerontology M4A, Hôpital Sébastopol, 51092, Reims Cedex, France
Qual Life Res 15:811-9. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to examine the level of agreement between health status ratings provided by patients with Alzheimer's disease and by their proxies...
- Is health-related quality of life an independent prognostic factor for 12-month mortality and nursing home placement among elderly patients hospitalized via the emergency department?Gaëlle Dhaussy
University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculty of Medicine, EA3797, Reims, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:453-8. 2012..To assess whether health-related quality of life is an independent prognostic factor for mortality or nursing home placement in frail elderly patients...
- Factors associated with caregivers' underestimation of quality of life in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseHongmei Zhao
University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, Reims, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 33:11-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify the factors associated with differences between how Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients and their caregivers rate the patient's health-related quality of life (QoL)...
- Nursing home admission in elderly subjects with dementia: predictive factors and future challengesMoustapha Drame
Faculty of Medicine, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, EA 3797, Reims, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:83.e17-20. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify factors predictive of nursing home admission (NHA) over a period of 1 year among elderly subjects with dementia...
- Feasibility, acceptability and internal consistency reliability of the nottingham health profile in dementia patientsFlorence Bureau-Chalot
Département d information médicale, Hopital Maison Blanche, Reims, France
Gerontology 48:220-5. 2002..Few studies have evaluated subjective health status in dementia patients...
- Potentially inappropriate use of psychotropic medications in hospitalized elderly patients in France: cross-sectional analysis of the prospective, multicentre SAFEs cohortMax Prudent
University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculty of Medicine, EA 3797, and Department of Clinical Gerontology, University Hospitals of Reims, Reims, France
Drugs Aging 25:933-46. 2008..In France, there is evidence to suggest that 50% of elderly individuals are prescribed psychotropic medications. However, it is known that use of these agents increases the risk of falls, fractures and delirium in older people...
- Adverse drug reactions in elderly subjects hospitalized in a specialized dementia management unitLukshe Kanagaratnam
Department of Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology, Reims University Hospitals, Reims, France
Drugs Aging 31:769-76. 2014..Drug prescriptions represent an actionable item in the prevention of adverse drug reactions (ADRs). The aims of this study were to identify risk factors for the occurrence of ADRs, and to describe symptoms and drug interactions...
- [Quality of life in dementia: state of the knowledge]Jean Luc Novella
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, EA 3797, Reims, France, Département de Gérontologie Clinique, Hopital Maison Blanche, CHU de Reims, France
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 10:365-72. 2012..Dementia is a chronic and evolutive disease, for which no curative treatment exists. Evaluating the quality of life of patients suffering from dementia is therefore an important component of management...
- [Ethical approach to severe dementia]François Blanchard
Médecine interne et gériatrie, CHU EA3797, Reims, France
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 3:S65-8. 2005..General principles of medical ethics are discussed in the context of care for patients with severe dementia...
- Predictors of rapid cognitive decline among demented subjects aged 75 or more: ('Sujet Agé Fragile--Evaluation et Suivi' Cohort-SAFES)Saturnin Viatonou
University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculty of Medicine, Reims, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:709-15. 2009..To identify factors predictive of rapid cognitive decline (RCD) among elderly subjects aged 75 or over suffering from dementia...
- Factors relating to carer burden for families of persons with muscular dystrophyFrançois Boyer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Reims University Hospital, France
J Rehabil Med 38:309-15. 2006..To assess the burden on family carers of persons with muscular dystrophy living in their homes and to determine factors contributing to carer burden...
- Alzheimer's disease is associated with low density of the long CR1 isoformRachid Mahmoudi
Champagne Ardenne Resource and Research Memory Center CMRR, Maison Blanche Hospital, Reims University Hospitals, Reims, France Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Maison Blanche Hospital, Reims University Hospitals, Reims, France Faculty of Medicine, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, EA 3797, Reims, France Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 36:1766.e5-1766.e12. 2015..These observations indicate that AD susceptibility is associated with the long CR1 isoform (CR1*2), albeit at a lower density, suggesting that AD results from insufficient clearance of plaque deposits rather than increased inflammation. ..
- [Identification and memorisation of emotions in Alzheimer's disease: a critical review of litterature]Isabella Morrone
UFR lettres et sciences humaines, EA C2S 6291, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Reims, France, Service de gériatrie aiguë et médecine interne, CHU de Reims, France, UFR Medecine, EA 3797, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Reims, France
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 10:307-14. 2012....
- Aging and inhibition processes: the case of metaphor treatmentIsabella Morrone
Department of Psychology, CLEA 4296, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, Reims, France
Psychol Aging 25:697-701. 2010..The interference effect was predicted by the psychometric tests designed to evaluate inhibition...
- Exposure risk assessment in an aluminium salvage plantFrederic J Deschamps
Department of Occupational Health, Medicine Faculty, Reims Cedex, France
J Occup Environ Med 51:1267-74. 2009..A cross-sectional study was conducted to evaluate possible nervous or respiratory system effects from occupational aluminium exposure...
- Factors useful for predicting survival of myeloma patients in everyday practice. A 10-year study of 148 patients older than 55 yearsBéatrice Chombart
CHU de Reims France, Rheumatology Department, Sébastopol Teaching Hospital, 48, rue de Sébastopol, 51092 Reims Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 72:544-9. 2005..The objective of this study was to identify prognostic factors in a uniform population of older patients with myeloma...
- [Factors predictive of long-term mortality in patients aged 75 years or older hospitalized from the emergency department: the SAFES cohort]Moustapha Drame
Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculte de Medecine, E A 3797, Reims, F 51092, France
Presse Med 38:1068-75. 2009..To identify the factors predictive of long-term mortality among a cohort of subjects aged 75 years or older hospitalized from the emergency department...
- Early markers of prolonged hospital stays in older people: a prospective, multicenter study of 908 inpatients in French acute hospitalsPierre Olivier Lang
Department of Internal Geriatric Medicine, Hôpital de la Robertsau, CHRU de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1031-9. 2006..To identify early markers of prolonged hospital stays in older people in acute hospitals...
- [Early indicators of prolonged hospitalization of the elderly: pilot study at Strasbourg University Hospital]Pierre Olivier Lang
Département de réhabilitation et gériatrie, hôpital des Trois Chêne, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Thonex Geneve, Suisse
Presse Med 36:389-98. 2007..The aim of this study was to identify early indicators of prolonged hospital stays by elderly patients...
- Incidence and main factors associated with early unplanned hospital readmission among French medical inpatients aged 75 and over admitted through emergency unitsIsabelle Lanièce
Clinic of Geriatric Medicine, Hopital Michallon, University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Age Ageing 37:416-22. 2008..While previous studies have identified risk factors of early readmission, geriatric syndromes, as markers of frailty have not been assessed as potential predictors...
- Loss of independence in Katz's ADL ability in connection with an acute hospitalization: early clinical markers in French older peoplePierre Olivier Lang
Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Hospital of Trois Chêne, University Hospitals of Geneva, Chemin du Pont Bochet 3, Thonex Geneve, 1226 Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Epidemiol 22:621-30. 2007..The preservation of autonomy and the ability of elderly to carry out the basic activities of daily living, beyond the therapeutic care of any pathologies, appears as one of the main objectives of care during hospitalization...