- [Etiologic profile of cervical adenopathology observed in an internal medicine department in Dakar, Senegal. A 66 case series]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I Hôpital Aristide Le Dantec, Dakar
Med Trop (Mars) 68:523-7. 2008....
- [Disease-modifying treatment for inflammatory rheumatism in sub-Saharan Africa: outcome at 6 months of 205 Senegalese patients with rheumatoid arthritis]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I, CHU Le Dantec, Dakar Etoile, Senegal
Med Sante Trop 22:385-9. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate outcomes 6 months after initiation of conventional DMARDs in Senegalese patients with RA...
- [Systemic vasculitis: study of 27 cases in Senegal]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I, CHU Le Dantec, Dakar, Senegal
Med Trop (Mars) 70:264-6. 2010..The findings of this study show that systemic vasculitis can have numerous etiologies and indicate that secondary forms are the most common. Appropriate care modalities are needed to prevent severe outcome in Senegalese hospitals...
- [Autoimmune cholangitis or seronegative biliary cirrhosis: report of one case]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I, hôpital A Le Dantec, Dakar
Dakar Med 53:127-30. 2008..It is a primitive biliary cirrhosis without antimitochondrial antibodies. This disease is reported at adult women in 90 % of cases. We report a 59 years old man case...
- Presentation and severity of rheumatoid arthritis at diagnosis in SenegalSouhaïbou Ndongo
Department of Internal Medicine, Aristide Le Dantec Teaching Hospital, Dakar, Senegal
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1111-3. 2009..Early effective treatment slows structural damage in RA but requires an early diagnosis. Our objective was to determine symptoms duration and presentation patterns of RA at diagnosis in Senegal...
- [Destombes Rosaï Dorfman syndrome: description of one case and diagnostic challenges in the tropical setting]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I, CHU Le Dantec
Med Trop (Mars) 68:69-71. 2008..In tropical areas differential diagnosis with ganglionary tuberculosis, lymphoma, and reactive hemophagocytic syndrome can be challenging. Lymph node biopsy should be performed in all patients presenting fever and polyadenopathy...
- [Pulmonary hypertension revealing systemic diseases: two Senegalese case reports]S M Seck
Service de médecine interne Hôpital Aristide Le Dantec BP 3001 Dakar Senegal
Dakar Med 52:175-9. 2007..Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a complication of autoimmune diseases which worsen the prognosis. In Senegal, a few cases of PH have been previously reported in patients with systemic sclerosis...
- [Congenital choledocal cyst of adult: report of two cases]O Ka
Clinique chirurgicale CHU A Le Dantec
Dakar Med 50:128-31. 2005..Congenital choledochal cyst is a congenital dilatation of the biliary tract often associated with a long common bilio-pancreatic duct without obstruction...
- [Polyarticular gout in young adults: a curable rheumatic disease]A Pouye
Clinique médicale I, CHU A Le Dantec
Med Trop (Mars) 66:273-6. 2006..Treatment is effective, well tolerated and inexpensive...
- [Hemophagocytic syndrome complicating adult's seropositive rheumatoid arthritis]A Niang
Clinique médicale 1, CHU A Le Dantec, Dakar, Senegal
Rev Med Interne 25:826-8. 2004..Macrophage activation syndrome (MAS) is a severe complication of chronic rheumatic diseases, particularly juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. However, MAS is rarely described in adult rheumatoid polyarthritis...
- [Multicentric reticulohistiocytosis with a 20-year follow-up ]M M Ka
Clinique médicale I, CHU A Le Dantec, avenue Pasteur, BP 6237, Dakar Etoile, Senegal
Rev Med Interne 23:779-83. 2002..Multicentric reticulo-histiocytosis also known as lipoid dermoarthritis is a rare systemic disease leading to a massive osteoarticular destruction and systemic complications...
- [Diagnosis delay of multiple myeloma: report of 22 cases in an internal medicine department of Dakar]A Pouye
Clinique médicale I, CHU Aristide Le Dantec, Dakar Etoile
Dakar Med 49:132-5. 2004..the frequency of severe anemia and pathological fractures We invite practitionners to conduct systematic exploration of mild symptoms like lumbar pain...
- [Non iatrogenic primary hypothyrodism in adults at Le Dantec Hospital : clinical features, diagnosis and treatment. Review of 19 cases]A Leye
Clinique médicale I, Hopital Aristide Le Dantec, 30 Avenue Pasteur, BP 6886 Dakar, Etoile
Dakar Med 49:110-3. 2004....
- [Behçet's disease in Dakar (Senegal): epidemiological and clinical features]D Dia
Clinique médicale I CHU A Le Dantec
Dakar Med 48:64-7. 2003..05) psychiatric (41.17%) vascular (35.29%) digestives (11.76%). Epidemiological characteristics of Behçet disease in Sénégal are common however, the important frequency of neuropsychiatrics manifestations is remarkable...
- [Epidemiological and clinical features of the knee osteoarthritis]S Ndongo
Service de Medecine interne HALD
Dakar Med 48:171-5. 2003..The knee pain was unilateral in 52% of cases, mostly on the right knee and was a mechnical type with no particularity. The functional disability was proportional to average disease duration, and was not associated to the patients age...
- [Cutaneous leishmaniasis in hospital area: epidemiological and clinical aspects, about 16 cases]S Ndongo
Clinique médicale I CHU A Le Dantec, Dakar
Dakar Med 49:207-10. 2004..5% and the cutaneous diffus leishmaniasis in 12.5%. In all these cases, there were many lesions. On treatment we observed 87.5% of total remission...
- [Systemic scleroderma: 92 cases in Dakar]D Dia
Dakar Med 48:82-6. 2003..Our data suggest that systemic scleroderma is more common in younger people in black population. Disorders of pigmentation are common and Raynaud's syndrome is uncommon...