Genomes and Genes
- Quantification of VEGF isoforms and VEGFR transcripts by qRT-PCR and their significance in acute myeloid leukemiaSamia Mourah
INSERM U716, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Int J Biol Markers 24:22-31. 2009..Our findings show that the level of VEGF121 mRNA in circulating cells from AML patients is a strong independent prognostic parameter, which could be useful in the management of unselected AML patients...
- EMMPRIN/CD147 up-regulates urokinase-type plasminogen activator: implications in oral tumor progressionGéraldine Lescaille
INSERM, UMR S 940, Paris F 75010, France
BMC Cancer 12:115. 2012..abstract:..
- Distinct expression patterns of the E3 ligase SIAH-1 and its partner Kid/KIF22 in normal tissues and in the breast tumoral processesHeriberto Bruzzoni-Giovanelli
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, Département Cibles Pharmacologiques dans les Cancers, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, INSERM U940, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, 75010 Paris, France
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:10. 2010..Our observations also underline the need to re-evaluate the results of gene expression obtained by qRT-PCR and relate it to the protein expression and cellular localization when matched normal and tumoral tissues are analyzed...
- EMMPRIN promotes melanoma cells malignant properties through a HIF-2alpha mediated up-regulation of VEGF-receptor-2Faten Bougatef
INSERM, UMR S 940 Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e12265. 2010..The inhibition of EMMPRIN in cancer may thus simultaneously target both the VEGFR-2/VEGF system and the matrix degrading proteases to block tumor cell growth and invasion...
- EMMPRIN promotes angiogenesis through hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha-mediated regulation of soluble VEGF isoforms and their receptor VEGFR-2Faten Bougatef
INSERM Unité 940, Paris, France
Blood 114:5547-56. 2009....
- Identification of a novel biomarker signature associated with risk for bone metastasis in patients with renal cell carcinomaBernard Paule
INSERM, UMRS 940, Paris, France
Int J Biol Markers 25:112-5. 2010..Indeed, these predictive markers could be useful to identify subclinical disease, improve staging, and guide treatment decisions...
- Extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer up-regulates the urokinase-type plasminogen activator system promoting tumor cell invasionCathy Quemener
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U716, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Cancer Res 67:9-15. 2007..These data show a novel regulatory pathway for uPA activity and suggest that EMMPRIN is involved in uPA dysregulation observed in cancer...
- VEGF and VEGFR-1 are coexpressed by epithelial and stromal cells of renal cell carcinomaJacqueline Rivet
Laboratoire de Pathologie and U728, INSERM, Universite Paris 7, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, and Institut Universitaire d Hématologie, Paris, France
Cancer 112:433-42. 2008..The expression of VEGF and its receptors VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) was investigated in the perspective of anti-VEGF treatments...
- TGF-β-induced (TGFBI) protein in melanoma: a signature of high metastatic potentialLaura Lauden
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM UMRS 940, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, AP HP, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 134:1675-85. 2014..Furthermore, we show that TGFBI is a regulator of cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases in melanoma. Collectively, our data describe a mechanism of melanoma metastatic outgrowth via promotion of growth/survival by the ECM protein TGFBI. ..
- Soluble isoforms of vascular endothelial growth factor are predictors of response to sunitinib in metastatic renal cell carcinomasBernard Paule
INSERM, UMRS 940, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e10715. 2010..Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) have proven efficacy in metastatic RCC (mRCC). However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the clinical response to these drugs remain unclear...
- Cell membrane vesicles as a tool for the study of direct epithelial-stromal interaction: lessons from CD147Eric Gabison
Univ Paris Diderot and Fondation A de Rothschild, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 1066:103-11. 2013..This method can be extended to other adhesion molecules involved in ESI. ..
- EMMPRIN/CD147 is a novel coreceptor of VEGFR-2 mediating its activation by VEGFFarah Khayati
INSERM UMR S 976, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Oncotarget 6:9766-80. 2015....
- A reliable method for the selection of exploitable melanoma archival paraffin embedded tissues for transcript biomarker profilingCeleste Lebbe
Departement de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint Louis Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e29143. 2012..This assay which can be extended to other genes would however need validation at the clinical level and on independent tumor series...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-A is expressed both on lymphoma cells and endothelial cells in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and related to lymphoma progressionWei Li Zhao
ERM 0220, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Lab Invest 84:1512-9. 2004..In addition to lymphoma cells themselves, the vascular component, a critical pathologic characteristic in AITL, also contributes to lymphoma progression...
- Highly sensitive multivariable assay detection of melanocytic differentiation antigens and angiogenesis biomarkers in sentinel lymph nodes with melanoma micrometastasesDominique Vitoux
Unité Fonctionnelle Diagnostic Biologique Automatise, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7151, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 145:1105-13. 2009..To evaluate the prognostic value of melanocytic differentiation antigens and angiogenesis biomarkers in sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with melanoma micrometastases...
- A novel tumor suppressor function of Kindlin-3 in solid cancerIbtissem Djaafri
Inserm UMR S 940 Paris, France Institute of Hematology IUH, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Oncotarget 5:8970-85. 2014..These data uncover a novel and unexpected tumor suppressor role of Kindlin-3 which can influence integrins targeted therapies development. ..
- Platelets, thrombospondin-1 and human dermal fibroblasts cooperate for stimulation of endothelial cell tubulogenesis through VEGF and PAI-1 regulationSabrina Kellouche
INSERM, U553, Univ Paris 7, IUH, Paris, F 75010, France
Exp Cell Res 313:486-99. 2007..Our results suggest that platelet TSP-1 released in a wound stimulates endothelial cell tubulogenesis through an upregulation of DF VEGF expression and a downregulation of endothelial cell PAI-1 expression...
- Inhibition of the proprotein convertases represses the invasiveness of human primary melanoma cells with altered p53, CDKN2A and N-Ras genesClaude Lalou
INSERM, UMRS940, Equipe Avenir, Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9992. 2010..These alterations were found to be responsible for acquisition of invasive and metastatic potential through their defective regulatory control of metalloproteinases and urokinase genes...
- BRAF inhibitor rechallenge in patients with advanced BRAF V600-mutant melanomaJennifer Roux
Departments of aDermatology bPathology cPharmacology, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP dINSERM U976, université Paris 7 Diderot, Paris, France
Melanoma Res 25:559-63. 2015..These cases suggest that intermittent treatment with BRAF inhibitors could provide clinical benefit and that sequential therapies should be further evaluated in clinical trials. ..
- EMMPRIN regulates β1 integrin-mediated adhesion through Kindlin-3 in human melanoma cellsJulie Delyon
INSERM UMR S 976, Paris, France
Exp Dermatol 24:443-8. 2015..To conclude, these findings reveal a new role of EMMPRIN in tumor cell migration through ß1 integrin/kindlin-3-mediated adhesion pathway. ..
- Driver KIT mutations in melanoma cluster in four hotspotsNicolas Dumaz
aINSERM, U976, Skin Research Institute, Hôpital Saint Louis bUniversité Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité cDermatology Department dPharmacology Department, AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Melanoma Res 25:88-90. 2015..Testing for KIT mutations should therefore concentrate on these four hotspots, which can be targeted therapeutically. ..
- Overexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor 189 in breast cancer cells leads to delayed tumor uptake with dilated intratumoral vesselsMarie Astrid Herve
INSERM U553, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, University of Paris VII, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 172:167-78. 2008..Whether VEGF189 overexpression is correlated to prognosis in human breast tumors remains to be established...
- Platelet type III collagen binding protein (TIIICBP) presents high biochemical and functional similarities with kindlin-3Ibtissem Djaafri
INSERM, U553, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Biochimie 94:416-26. 2012....
- β-Catenin and NF-κB cooperate to regulate the uPA/uPAR system in cancer cellsMarie Moreau
INSERM, UMR S 940, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 128:1280-92. 2011..These data suggest that β-catenin regulates the uPA/uPAR system in cooperation with NF-κB transcription factor, which constitutes a novel mechanism of regulation...
- Validation of a preclinical model for assessment of drug efficacy in melanomaJulie Delyon
INSERM UMR_S976, Paris, F 75010, France
Oncotarget 7:13069-81. 2016..These models constitute a validated, effective tool for preclinical investigation of new therapeutic agents, and improve therapeutic strategies in the treatment of metastatic melanoma...
- Ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy of superficial lymph nodes: an alternative to fine-needle aspiration cytology for the diagnosis of lymph node metastasis in cutaneous melanomaGérôme Bohelay
aAP HP, Oncodermatology Unit, Dermatology Department bAP HP, Pathology Department cAP HP, Radiology Department dAP HP, Pharmacology Genetic Laboratory eAP HP, Department of Biostatistics and Medical Data Processing, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris 7 Diderot University fParis Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 728 gParis Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR 976 hINSERM, U728 iINSERM, U976, Paris, France
Melanoma Res 25:519-27. 2015..US-CNB provides relatively large samples of tissue suitable for comprehensive genomic analyses currently needed for research and personalized care of melanoma patients. ..
- Ultrasensitive detection and identification of BRAF V600 mutations in fresh frozen, FFPE, and plasma samples of melanoma patients by E-ice-COLD-PCRAlexandre How-Kit
Laboratory for Functional Genomics, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, 75010, Paris, France
Anal Bioanal Chem 406:5513-20. 2014..Thus, the BRAF V600 E-ice-COLD-PCR assay is currently one of the most powerful molecular diagnostic tools for the ultrasensitive detection and identification of BRAF codon 600 mutations. ..
- Early changes in coagulation but not inflammatory biomarkers under intermittent ART: the randomized ANRS 106 WINDOW trialSebastien Gallien
Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19551. 2014....
- Mechanisms Underpinning Increased Plasma Creatinine Levels in Patients Receiving Vemurafenib for Advanced MelanomaCharlotte Hurabielle
Dermatology Department, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0149873. 2016..Serum creatinine has been reported to increase in patients receiving Vemurafenib, yet neither the prevalence nor the mechanism of this adverse event are known...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus viremia is associated with the progression of classic and endemic Kaposi's sarcomaClaire Pellet
Laboratory of Pharmacology, INSERM U716, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 126:621-7. 2006..Our results show that there is no specific immunosuppression in classic or endemic KS. We showed that KSHV can be detected within CECs and that KSHV viremia could be an indicator of circulating mature or precursor spindle cells...
- Regulation of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer and matrix metalloproteinase expression by amphiregulin in transformed human breast epithelial cellsSuzanne Menashi
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM E334, Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, Paris, France
Cancer Res 63:7575-80. 2003..AR and epidermal growth factor, therefore, regulate EMMPRIN and its MMP-mediated expression, identifying EGFR signaling as critical to this regulation...
- Molecular alterations in melanoma and targeted therapiesSamia Mourah
AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Laboratoire de pharmacologie génétique, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France, INSERM, U976, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 976, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Bull Cancer 101:5-11. 2014..The identification of new targets in melanoma supplies a very active dynamic development of innovative molecules contributing to changing the therapeutic landscape of this pathology. ..
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) genome and expression in breast cancer tissue: effect of EBV infection of breast cancer cells on resistance to paclitaxel (Taxol)Hratch Arbach
INSERM U716, IUH, IFR Saint Louis, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, 75010 Paris, France
J Virol 80:845-53. 2006..Consequently, even if a small number of breast cancer cells are EBV infected, the impact of EBV infection on the efficiency of anticancer treatment might be of importance...
- NRAS mutation is the sole recurrent somatic mutation in large congenital melanocytic neviChristelle Charbel
1 Saint Antoine Research Center, U938, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France 2 Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 134:1067-74. 2014..These findings strongly suggest that NRAS mutations are sufficient to drive melanocytic benign proliferations in utero. ..
- Relationship between elevated levels of the alpha 1 acid glycoprotein in chronic myelogenous leukemia in blast crisis and pharmacological resistance to imatinib (Gleevec) in vitro and in vivoJerome Larghero
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire Hematopoietique, EMI 00 03, Hopital Saint Louis, 75010 Paris, France
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1907-13. 2003....
- Decreases in inflammatory and coagulation biomarkers levels in HIV-infected patients switching from enfuvirtide to raltegravir: ANRS 138 substudyErika F Silva
Department of Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, University of Paris Diderot Paris, France
J Infect Dis 208:892-7. 2013..002), hsCRP level (-46% vs +15%; P < .0001), and D-dimer level (-40% vs +6%; P < .0001). At week 48, there was a reproducible decrease in levels of all biomarkers in the DS arm. ..
- Late corneal perforation after photorefractive keratectomy associated with topical diclofenac: involvement of matrix metalloproteinasesEric E Gabison
Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, Paris, France
Ophthalmology 110:1626-31. 2003....