- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in internal medicine with unfractionated or low-molecular-weight heparins: a meta-analysis of randomised clinical trialsP Mismetti
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 83:14-9. 2000..The prevention of venous thromboembolic disease is less studied in medical patients than in surgery...
- [Rivaroxaban: clinical pharmacology]P Mismetti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065 CIE3, Unite de recherche clinique, de l innovation et de Pharmacologie, CHU de Saint Etienne, Université Jean Monnet, 42055 Saint Etienne, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:S16-21. 2008..No strong signal for a potential liver toxicity was shown during these 6 phases II...
- Indirect comparison meta-analysis of two enoxaparin regimens in patients undergoing major orthopaedic surgery. Impact on the interpretation of thromboprophylactic effects of new anticoagulant drugsS Laporte
Silvy Laporte, Unite de recherche clinique, Innovation et Pharmacologie, CHU Saint Etienne, Hopital Nord, bâtiment recherche, Avenue Albert Raimond, 42055 Saint Etienne, France, Tel 33 4 77 12 05 72, Fax 33 4 77 12 78 20, E mail
Thromb Haemost 112:503-10. 2014....
- Clinical presentation and outcome of venous thromboembolism in COPDL Bertoletti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA3065, Universite de Saint Etienne, 42000 Saint Etienne, France
Eur Respir J 39:862-8. 2012..It may explain the worse prognosis of COPD patients, with a higher risk of death, bleeding or VTE recurrences as PE compared with non-COPD patients. Further therapeutic options are needed...
- Meta-analysis of low molecular weight heparin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in general surgeryP Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University Hospital, Saint-Etienne and Medibridge Clinical Research, Velizy, France
Br J Surg 88:913-30. 2001..LMWH seems to be as effective and safe as UFH. Determination of the optimal dose regimen of LMWH for this indication requires further investigation...
- Individual patient data meta-analysis of enoxaparin vs. unfractionated heparin for venous thromboembolism prevention in medical patientsS Laporte
Universite de Lyon, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:464-72. 2011..Unfractionated heparin (UFH) and low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) are both recommended for venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in hospitalized medical patients...
- Prevalence of poor biological response to clopidogrel: a systematic reviewNora Mallouk
Universite de Lyon, EA3065, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 107:494-506. 2012..This meta-analysis shows that the prevalence of poor biological response depends on the assay employed, the cut-off value and on various unidentified additional factors...
- [Initial antithrombotic therapy for pulmonary embolism]L Bertoletti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, Universite de Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Rev Mal Respir 28:216-26. 2011....
- A chronopharmacodynamic study on standard heparin, a low molecular weight heparin (nadroparin) and danaproid: establishing and comparing the daily variations of these drugs in ratsD Abrial
Laboratoire de biologie animale et appliquée, Pavillon 5 Hôpital Bellevue, Saint Etienne, France
Haemostasis 30:233-42. 2000..As for the variations of the activated partial thromboplastin time, two peaks were noted early in the morning and at the beginning of nightfall. As for danaproid, only a daytime maximum of anti-Xa activity could be found...
- [New antithrombotic drugs for the treatment of venous thromboembolism]L Bertoletti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065, Universite de Saint Etienne, Jean Monnet, 42000 Saint Etienne, France
Rev Mal Respir 28:1008-16. 2011..However, only rivaroxaban has been tested as a stand-alone treatment, whereas dabigatran was compared to vitamin K antagonism after a standard treatment regimen based on heparin or its derivates...
- Investigation of PK-PD drug-drug interaction between acenocoumarol and amoxicillin plus clavulanic acidX Delavenne
Faculte de Medecine, Université Jean Monnet, EA3065, Saint Etienne, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:127-35. 2009..No covariate, including antibiotic treatment effect, significantly affected PT. Drug-drug interaction was demonstrated at the PK level, without any PD corollary...
- Anti-factor Xa activity of enoxaparin administered at prophylactic dosage to patients over 75 years oldA Berges
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Thrombosis Research Group EA3065, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:428-38. 2007..The PROPHRE.75 study was conducted to estimate the distribution parameters of anti-Xa activity in the elderly...
- Inter-study variability in population pharmacokinetic meta-analysis: when and how to estimate it?S Laporte-Simitsidis
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University Hospital Saint Etienne Bellevue, Pavillon 5, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
J Pharm Sci 89:155-67. 2000..It showed that the fixed parameter estimates were not modified, whether an RSE model was used or not, probably because of the homogeneity of the experimental designs of the studies, and suggest no study-effect in this example...
- Population pharmacokinetic of nadroparin calcium (Fraxiparine) in children hospitalised for open heart surgeryS Laporte
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital Saint Etienne Bellevue, F 42055 Saint Etienne cedex 02, France
Eur J Pharm Sci 8:119-25. 1999..The inter-individual variability (expressed in coefficient of variation) of these parameters are high, especially with regard to the apparent volume (92%), but no other available covariate was found to explain this variability...
- [Dabigatran: clinical pharmacology]P Mismetti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065, CIE3, CHU de Saint Etienne, Université Jean Monnet, 42 055 Saint Etienne, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:S8-14. 2009..From this study in AF patients, a dose regimen of 150 mg bid has been chosen to be evaluated for the treatment of VTE. No strong signal for a potential liver toxicity was shown during these studies...
- [Vena cava filters and treatment of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients]P Mismetti
Unite de recherche clinique, d innovation et de pharmacologie EA 3065, CIE 3, service de médecine interne et thérapeutique et thérapeutique, CHU de Saint Etienne, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 56:229-32. 2008..So without any strong validation, they have still to be considered as a therapeutic strategy needing to be evaluated especially in cancer patient...
- Tranexamic acid in hip fracture surgery: a randomized controlled trialP J Zufferey
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Br J Anaesth 104:23-30. 2010..Hip fracture surgery may be associated with substantial blood loss. This study was designed to assess the efficacy and safety of the use of tranexamic acid in hip fracture surgery for the reduction of erythrocyte transfusion...