- Emerging drugs in sepsisMarc Leone
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 15:41-52. 2010..Sepsis remains a major cause of death in intensive care units. Despite an intense research, a new drug that is effective in reducing mortality in sepsis is still awaited...
- Health-related quality of life and its determinants in children with a congenital diaphragmatic herniaFabrice Michel
Espace Ethique Méditerranéen, ADES UMR 7268 ADES, Espace Ethique Méditerranéen Aix Marseille Université, Marseille 13385, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:89. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of CDH treated according to the most recent concepts and methods outlined above on child survivors' QoL and their parents' QoL...
- Comparison of ultrasound and X-ray in determining the position of umbilical venous cathetersFabrice Michel
Réanimation Pédiatrique et Néonatale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Resuscitation 83:705-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare ability of TAX and ultrasonography (US) to determine UVC route and TP...
- Sevoflurane inside and outside the operating roomFabrice Michel
Faculty of Medicine, Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University of the Mediterranean, North University Hospital, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:861-73. 2009..Sevoflurane is often presented as a near-perfect anaesthetic. After 10 years in the operating room, new uses are emerging outside...
- [Management of newborns with meconium-stained amniotic fluid: prospective evaluation of practice]F Michel
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale, unité de brûlés pédiatriques, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, chemin des Bourrelys, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:605-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate guideline application...
- Experience with remifentanil-sevoflurane balanced anesthesia for abdominal surgery in neonates and children less than 2 yearsFabrice Michel
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Paediatr Anaesth 18:532-8. 2008..We described here our experience with remifentanil-sevoflurane balanced anesthesia in neonates and children less than 2 years who underwent general anesthesia for abdominal surgery...
- Sevoflurane for central catheter placement in neonatal intensive care: a randomized trialFabrice Michel
Faculté de Médecine de Marseille Université de la Méditerranée, France
Paediatr Anaesth 20:712-9. 2010....
- Continuous low-dose infusion of terlipressin as a rescue therapy in meningococcal septic shockFabrice Michel
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Am J Emerg Med 25:863.e1-2. 2007
- Bacillus licheniformis septicemia in a very-low-birth-weight neonate: a case reportA Lepine
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Infection 37:156-8. 2009..We report for the first time a case of Bacillus licheniformis bacteremia in a premature infant. Recovery necessitated treatment with vancomycin and cefotaxime in combination with removal of the central catheter...
- [Congenital tuberculosis in preterm neonate: a case report]C Bonnet
Service de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale, unité de brûlés pédiatriques, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Pôle RAUC, CHU Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Arch Pediatr 16:439-43. 2009..This article recalls the difficulty diagnosing congenital tuberculosis, particularly in preterm neonates. It also underlines the need to raise and eliminate the diagnosis of tuberculosis in an infertile woman...
- [Transcutaneous bilirubin measurement in preterm infants]I Mercanti
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique, néonatale et centre de brûlés, DAR Nord, CHU de Nord, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Arch Pediatr 14:875-80. 2007..Transcutaneous bilirubinometry is an effective screening tool for neonatal jaundice in full-term babies. But its accuracy is not shown yet in preterm infants...
- [Cerebral hemorrhage in a mechanically ventilated asthmatic child: multifactorial mechanisms]M Baravalle
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale et unité de brûlés pédiatriques, CHU Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 31:961-4. 2012..He developed a brain hemorrhage during the course of his illness. We discuss the mechanisms that may have precipitated this neurological complication...
- Randomized controlled trial of sevoflurane for intubation in neonatesSophie Hassid
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Unité de Réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale CHU Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille, France
Paediatr Anaesth 17:1053-8. 2007....
- [Crohn disease and abdominal tuberculosis: complications related to a diagnostic error]Didier Demory
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille
Presse Med 35:51-4. 2006..We report the case of a patient with abdominal tuberculosis initially treated as Crohn disease...
- Early antibiotic treatment for BAL-confirmed ventilator-associated pneumonia: a role for routine endotracheal aspirate culturesFabrice Michel
Réanimation Médicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Chest 127:589-97. 2005....
- Sevoflurane for central venous catheterization in non-intubated neonatesRenaud Vialet
Department of Anesthesiology, Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, North University Hospital, Marseille, France
Indian J Pediatr 76:273-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the use of sevoflurane for sedation for central venous catheterization (CVC) in non-intubated neonates and preterms...
- Management and Outcome Challenges in Newborns with Gastroschisis: A 6-year retrospective French studyB Tosello
a Department of Neonatology, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 13015 Marseille, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med . 2016..to identify the gestational age (GA) at which risk of mortality and severe outcome was minimized comparing preterm delivery and expectant management...
- [Comparison of two protocols of prophylactic antibiotic therapy in childhood appendectomy]C Bechis
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Arch Pediatr 21:1167-72. 2014..The purpose of this study was to compare efficacy of two prophylactic antibiotic treatment guidelines in acute appendicitis and peritonitis in children...
- [Intestinal obstruction in children due to isolated intestinal malrotation. Report of 11 cases]R Ramirez
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, Hopital Nord, AP HM, Universite de la Mediterranee, chemin des Bourrelys, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Arch Pediatr 16:99-105. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the clinical significance of children presenting with malrotation to develop treatment recommendations...
- [Non-operative management of a hepatic pseudoaneurysm and a biloma complicating a blunt abdominal trauma]A Schott
Unité de réanimation pédiatrique et néonatale et unité des brûlés pédiatriques, Pôle RAUC, CHU Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:438-41. 2008..The characteristic of this case relies on the association of two complications. It underlines the need of multidiscipline and non-operative management of pediatric blunt hepatic trauma...
- [Urinothorax: rare complication of neonatal sectioned posterior urethral valve]J C Gouli
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital Nord, Marseille, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Prog Urol 21:146-50. 2011..The authors emphasize the unusual discovery of this disease by breathing problems and his delayed character after resection of the obstruction in the neonatal period...
- Tunneled central venous catheter for neonates: A simple technique for prolonged indwelling central catheters in intensive careFabrice Michel
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, Unité de réanimation pédiatrique, Néonatale et Brûlés Pédiatriques, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:37-9. 2007..To describe and evaluate a new technique to insert a 24-gauge Silastic catheter in a central vein with a subcutaneous tunneled catheter in newborns after peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) insertion failure...
- Parental experience following perinatal death: exploring the issues to make progressM A Einaudi
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Hopital Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 151:143-8. 2010..This study was performed to understand the parental attitudes, needs and ethical issues associated with perinatal death, to assist in the development of interventions for bereaved families...
- Exercise-induced inflammatory reaction affects electromyographic changes in skeletal muscle during dynamic contractions in humansM Gainnier
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Respiratoire (EA 2201, Institut Jean-Roche, , , Marseille, France
Neurosci Lett 304:45-8. 2001..However, we noted that the slope of the MF vs. time regression line was halved after the 3-day ASA treatment which may indicate that inflammatory reactions are elicited by exhausting contractions and affect the EMG changes...
- Airway humidification with a heat and moisture exchanger in mechanically ventilated neonates : a preliminary evaluationMikaïla Fassassi
Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care, Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hopital Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Intensive Care Med 33:336-43. 2007..We set out to evaluate the efficacy of passive inspiratory gas conditioning in mechanically ventilated neonates and compared it with that of a heated humidifier (HH)...
- Ability of family members to predict patient's consent to critical care researchMagali Ciroldi
Medical Intensive Care Unit, AP HP, Saint Louis Teaching Hospital, Paris 7 University, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 33:807-13. 2007..The accuracy with which surrogates consent to research on behalf of patients has not been evaluated in the intensive care unit (ICU)...