- [Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism]Guy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 57:725-7, 730-1, 733-5. 2007..In patients with a positive D-dimer test, multidetector spiral CT allows to confirm or exclude PE with confidence in most of the cases. Lung scanning is still useful in patients with renal impairment or allergy to contrast medium...
- [Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: what are the indications of pulmonary scintigraphy?]Guy Meyer
Rev Prat 57:732. 2007
- Comparison of low-molecular-weight heparin and warfarin for the secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: a randomized controlled studyGuy Meyer
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris V University, France
Arch Intern Med 162:1729-35. 2002..The use of low-molecular-weight heparin sodium for secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients may reduce the complication rate...
- [The prevention and treatment of pulmonary embolism in cancer]Guy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie Soins Intensifs, Hopital european Georges Pmpidou, 75908 Paris Cedex 15
Rev Prat 57:738-9. 2007
- Laboratory tests in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolismGuy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Respiration 70:125-32. 2003..Brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin have limited usefulness for diagnosing PE, but both tests may identify patients with a poor prognosis, in whom more aggressive treatment may be warranted...
- Echocardiography and pulmonary embolism severity index have independent prognostic roles in pulmonary embolismOlivier Sanchez
Sorbonne Paris Cité, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Pneumologie et Soins Intensifs, INSERM U 765, Paris, France
Eur Respir J 42:681-8. 2013..1) 1.3, 95% CI 1.1-1.5) were independent predictors of an adverse outcome. In patients with normotensive PE, biomarkers and echocardiography provided additional prognostic information to the PESI. ..
- Triaging in pulmonary embolismOlivier Sanchez
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 33:156-62. 2012..These patients may be candidates for home treatment. Several scores combining these risk factors have been described...
- Prognostic factors for pulmonary embolism: the prep study, a prospective multicenter cohort studyOlivier Sanchez
Service de Pneumologie et Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc 75015 Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:168-73. 2010..The short-term prognosis of pulmonary embolism (PE) depends on hemodynamic status and underlying disease. The prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction and injury is less well established...
- Early respiratory acidosis is a new risk factor for pneumonia after lung resectionBenjamin Planquette
Department of Respiratory and Intensive Care, Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP, Paris, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 14:244-8. 2012..1-13.1), bilobectomy (OR, 7.26; 95% CI, 1.2-43.1) and smoking history (OR, 1.84; 95% CI, 1.1-3) were identified as independent risk factors. ERA may be a risk factor for POP and could serve as a target for therapeutic interventions...
- [Update on diagnosis and treatment of high-risk pulmonary embolism]B Planquette
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 75015 Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 28:778-89. 2011..High-risk pulmonary embolism (PE) is associated with a significant early mortality, approaching 25%, and is defined by the presence of cardiogenic shock...
- Role of fibrinolysis and interventional therapy for acute venous thromboembolismJoseph Emmerich
University Paris Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 96:251-7. 2006....
- Diagnostic accuracy of unenhanced, contrast-enhanced perfusion and angiographic MRI sequences for pulmonary embolism diagnosis: results of independent sequence readingsMarie Pierre Revel
Departments of Radiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, APHP, Paris, France
Eur Radiol 23:2374-82. 2013..To independently evaluate unenhanced, contrast-enhanced perfusion and angiographic MR sequences for pulmonary embolism (PE) diagnosis...
- Diagnosing pulmonary embolism with four-detector row helical CT: prospective evaluation of 216 outpatients and inpatientsMarie Pierre Revel
Department of Radiology, Georges Pompidou European University Hospital, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Radiology 234:265-73. 2005..To prospectively evaluate multi-detector row helical computed tomography (CT) for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism (PE), with focus on the proportion of diagnostic studies and frequency of subsegmental and chronic PE...
- [Pulmonary embolism: the justification of diagnostic evidence]Guy Meyer
Service de pneumonologie soins intensifs, Hopital euorpeen Georges Pompidou, universite Paris Descartes 75908 Paris Cedex 15
Rev Prat 57:728-9. 2007
- Residual pulmonary vascular obstruction and recurrence after acute pulmonary embolism. A single center cohort studyBenjamin Planquette
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, France Service de pneumologie et soins intensifs, Service de Pneumologie et Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, Paris, France INSERM UMR S 1140, Paris, France Electronic address
Thromb Res 148:70-75. 2016..The risk of recurrence in patients with RPVO remains unknown. The present study aims to assess the risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients with RPVO after a first symptomatic episode of PE...
- Long-term outcome of pulmonary embolismGuy Meyer
Division of Respiratory and Intensive Care, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Curr Opin Hematol 15:499-503. 2008..Improvements in our knowledge of these aspects may help to define the optimal long-term treatment of pulmonary embolism. This review will address these issues...
- Pathophysiology of dyspnoea in acute pulmonary embolism: A cross-sectional evaluationOlivier Sanchez
Department of Pulmonology, AP HP, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Respirology . 2016..We hypothesized that dyspnoea would mainly be associated with pulmonary vascular obstruction and its pathophysiological consequences, while the sensory-affective domain of dyspnoea would be influenced by other factors...
- Fibrinolysis for Acute Care of Pulmonary Embolism in the Intermediate Risk PatientGuy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015, Paris, France
Curr Atheroscler Rep 17:68. 2015..These options need to be evaluated in larger studies including patients with a higher risk of adverse outcome than those included in the PEITHO study...
- Management of massive and submassive pulmonary embolism: focus on recent randomized trialsOlivier Sanchez
aUniversité Paris Descartes, Paris Sorbonne Cité bAssistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Pneumologie et Soins Intensifs cINSERM UMR 970 dGIRC Thrombose, Paris, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 20:393-9. 2014..Recent published data on the management of high-risk and intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism patients will be the main focus of this review...
- Medical literature, vena cava filters and evidence of efficacy. A descriptive reviewPhilippe Girard
Philippe Girard, MD, Département thoracique, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, 42 Boulevard Jourdan, 75014, Paris, France, Tel 33 156616208, Fax 33 156616247, E mail
Thromb Haemost 111:761-9. 2014..No indication for filter placement is based on appropriate scientific evidence. ..
- [Pulmonary embolism. Significant diagnostic and therapeutic advances]Guy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 57:709-10. 2007
- [Secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer]Guy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie, Soins Intensifs, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, 75908 Paris Cedex 15
Rev Prat 61:1249-51. 2011..Vena cava filtration probably plays a minor role in setting. After the sixth month, prolongation of low-molecular-weight-heparin or switch to vitamin K antagonist should be discussed on a case by case basis...
- Evaluation of ultraviolet C for disinfection of endocavitary ultrasound transducers persistently contaminated despite probe coversGuillaume Kac
Hygiene Hospitaliere, Paris, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:165-70. 2010....
- Deep venous thrombosis in patients with acute pulmonary embolism: prevalence, risk factors, and clinical significancePhilippe Girard
Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Chest 128:1593-600. 2005....
- Recent advances in the management of pulmonary embolism: focus on the critically ill patientsGuy Meyer
Service de Pneumologie, Department of Respiratory Disease, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 21 Rue Leblanc, 75015, Paris, France
Ann Intensive Care 6:19. 2016....
- Ileal Crohn's disease in a woman with Hermansky-Pudlak syndromeAntoine De Leusse
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:621-4. 2006..Search for mutations in HPS1, ADTB3A, HPS3, HPS4 and for CARD15 were negative. Symptoms and ileal ulcerations which recurred after surgery were successfully treated with azathioprine and infliximab...
- Molecular diagnosis of Kingella kingae pericarditis by amplification and sequencing of the 16S rRNA geneMatta Matta
Department of Microbiology, AP HP Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:3133-4. 2007..Here we describe a case of pericarditis in an immunocompetent adult host. The microorganism was identified directly from the clinical sample by molecular techniques, i.e., 16S rRNA gene amplification and sequencing...
- Impact of electronic alerts on isolation precautions for patients with multidrug-resistant bacteriaGuillaume Kac
Hygiene Hospitaliere, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 20 40 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Arch Intern Med 167:2086-90. 2007..Health care workers' compliance with isolation precautions for patients colonized or infected with multidrug-resistant bacteria (MRB) is low...
- Diagnostic value of D-dimer in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism: results from a multicentre outcome studyFlorence Parent
Hopital Antoine Beclere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clamart, France
Thromb Res 120:195-200. 2007..However, their role as an exclusionary first-line test is still uncertain, mainly because accuracy of the test varies according to the assay and the studied population...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of strategies for the diagnosis of suspected pulmonary embolismPierre Marie Roy
Emergency Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 49033 Angers Cedex 01, France
BMJ 331:259. 2005..To assess the likelihood ratios of diagnostic strategies for pulmonary embolism and to determine their clinical application according to pretest probability...
- Diagnostic strategy for patients with suspected pulmonary embolism: a prospective multicentre outcome studyDominique Musset
Service de Radiologie, Hôpital Universitaire Antoine Béclère, Clamart, France
Lancet 360:1914-20. 2002..The main aim was to assess the safety of withholding anticoagulant treatment in patients with low or intermediate clinical probability of PE and negative findings on spiral CT and ultrasonography...
- Multidetector-row computed tomography in suspected pulmonary embolismArnaud Perrier
Service of General Internal Medicine, Geneva Faculty of Medicine and Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:1760-8. 2005..We evaluated whether the use of D-dimer measurement and multidetector-row CT, without lower-limb ultrasonography, might safely rule out pulmonary embolism...
- Clinical usefulness of D-dimer testing in cancer patients with suspected pulmonary embolismMarc Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 95:715-9. 2006..Increasing the cut-off value of D-dimer in cancer patients might increase the test's clinical usefulness...
- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism by multidetector CT alone or combined with venous ultrasonography of the leg: a randomised non-inferiority trialMarc Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Geneva University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 371:1343-52. 2008..We compared this combination with a strategy in which both a negative venous ultrasonography of the leg and MSCT were needed to exclude pulmonary embolism...
- Can CT replace bronchoscopy in the detection of the site and cause of bleeding in patients with large or massive hemoptysis?Marie Pierre Revel
Department of Radiology, Georges Pompidou Hospital, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1217-24. 2002..We assessed the capacity of chest radiography and CT to determine the cause and site of bleeding in patients with either large or massive hemoptysis compared with bronchoscopy...
- Validation of a model to predict adverse outcomes in patients with pulmonary embolismDrahomir Aujesky
Division of General Internal Medicine, The University Outpatient Clinic and The Clinical Epidemiology Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 27:476-81. 2006..To validate a model for quantifying the prognosis of patients with pulmonary embolism (PE). The model was previously derived from 10 534 US patients...
- Prothrombotic mutations, hormone therapy, and venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal women: impact of the route of estrogen administrationCeline Straczek
INSERM, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, Villejuif, France
Circulation 112:3495-500. 2005..Transdermal estrogen may be safe with respect to VTE. We investigated the impact of the route of estrogen administration on the association between a prothrombotic mutation (factor V Leiden or prothrombin G20210A mutation) and VTE risk...
- Appropriateness of diagnostic management and outcomes of suspected pulmonary embolismPierre Marie Roy
Service d accueil et traitement des urgences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Angers, France
Ann Intern Med 144:157-64. 2006..International guidelines include several strategies for diagnosing pulmonary embolism with confidence, but little is known about how these guidelines are implemented in routine practice...
- [Massive pulmonary embolism]Olivier Sanchez
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, F 75 006 Paris, France
Presse Med 37:1439-46. 2008..Before new data are available there is no special indication for vena cava interruption in patients with massive pulmonary embolism...
- [2008 Standards, Options: recommendations for venous thromboembolic events (VTE) treatment and central venous catheter thrombosis (CVCT) management in cancer patients]Philippe Debourdeau
Oncologue médical, hôpital des Armées de Desgenettes, Lyon
Bull Cancer 95:750-61. 2008....
- [Standards, Options: recommendations 2008; thromboembolic events treatment, prophylaxis and treatment of central venous catheter thrombosis in patients with cancer]Irène Kriegel
anesthésiste réanimateur, Institut Curie, Paris
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:521-33. 2008
- Prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction in patients with haemodynamically stable pulmonary embolism: a systematic reviewOlivier Sanchez
Division of Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 29:1569-77. 2008....
- Hormone therapy and venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal women: impact of the route of estrogen administration and progestogens: the ESTHER studyMarianne Canonico
INSERM Unit 780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Section, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Circulation 115:840-5. 2007..Transdermal estrogen may be safer. However, currently available data have limited the ability to investigate the wide variety of types of progestogen...