- Management of adrenal incidentalomaF Menegaux
Service de Chirurgie Generale, viscérale et endocrinienne, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
J Visc Surg 151:355-64. 2014..These examinations will determine patient care: surgery or surveillance. When simple surveillance is chosen, specific criteria must be met with regard to diagnostic modalities (clinical, imaging, laboratory testing) and its duration. ..
- Ambulatory thyroidectomy: recommendations from the Association Francophone de Chirurgie Endocrinienne (AFCE). Investigating current practicesF Menegaux
Service de Chirurgie Generale, viscérale et endocrinienne, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris 6, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Visc Surg 150:165-71. 2013..It is therefore indispensable to know the essential relevant elements as well as predictive criteria for this complication before envisioning ambulatory thyroidectomy...
- Reoperative surgery for thyroid diseaseJeremie H Lefevre
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Hopital de la Pitie, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651, Paris Cedex 13, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 392:685-91. 2007..The aims of our study were to describe the population subjected to reoperative thyroid surgery and to evaluate postoperative morbidity to find the risk factor...
- Post-operative neck ultrasound and risk stratification in differentiated thyroid cancer patients with initial lymph node involvementCharlotte Lepoutre-Lussey
Departments of Nuclear MedicineBiostatisticsPathologyEndocrine SurgeryInstitute of Cancer, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Pierre et Marie Curie University, 47 83 Bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 170:837-46. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the value of post-operative cervical US (POCUS) in local persistent disease (PD) diagnosis and in the reassessment of risk stratification in N1-PTC patients...
- Extensive thyroidectomy in Graves' diseaseSebastien Gaujoux
Department of General Surgery, Hopital de la Pitie, Paris, France
J Am Coll Surg 202:868-73. 2006..The best surgical treatment for hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease remains a controversial subject...
- Randomized controlled trial of alfacalcidol supplementation for the reduction of hypocalcemia after total thyroidectomyLaurent Genser
Department of General, Visceral and Endocrine Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris VI, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
Am J Surg 207:39-45. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of perioperative alfacalcidol on postoperative hypocalcemia after total thyroidectomy...
- Scoring system for predicting recurrences in patients with papillary thyroid microcarcinomaCamille Buffet
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University of Paris VI, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur J Endocrinol 167:267-75. 2012..Clinicians are interested in using a scoring system for predicting recurrences...
- Does extracapsular extension impact the prognosis of papillary thyroid microcarcinoma?Nathalie Chéreau
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 21:1659-64. 2014..However, the impact of EC extension in microcarcinoma (micro-pT3) remains controversial, and all pT3 patients are currently considered to be at high risk of recurrence...
- [Early closure of temporary stoma of the small bowel]Pere Jordi-Galais
Service de Chirurgie Generale, viscérale et endocrinienne, Hopital de la Pitie, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:697-9. 2003..Since these stoma have a poor physiological and psychological impact with frequent social consequences, we wanted to estimate feasibility and results of early closure of small bowel stoma...
- Clinical outcome after laparoscopic adrenalectomy for primary hyperaldosteronism: the role of pathologyChristophe Tresallet
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, Paris, France
Surgery 148:129-34. 2010..Pre-operative assessment rarely differentiates adrenal adenoma from hyperplasia. This study aimed to evaluate the results of LUA for PHA according to pathologic findings when an adrenal mass was identified unequivocally on a CT scan...
- Improving the management of acute adhesive small bowel obstruction with CT-scan and water-soluble contrast medium: a prospective studyChristophe Tresallet
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75013 Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1869-76. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate an algorithm using CT-scans and Gastrografin in the management of small bowel obstruction...
- [Spontaneous splenic rupture during intrasplenic Kaposi's sarcoma in an HIV-positive patient]Christophe Tresallet
Service de Chirurgie Generale, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1296-7. 2005..Emergency splenectomy was performed to achieve hemostasis, and the etiological diagnosis of this spontaneous splenic rupture was based on the histological analysis...
- Diffuse Sclerosing Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Is Associated With Aggressive Histopathological Features and a Poor Outcome: Results of a Large Multicentric StudyNathalie Chéreau
Departments of General and Endocrine Surgery N C, X G, C T, F M, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, Pierre et Marie Curie University, 75013 Paris, France University Hospital of Lille F P, 59037 Lille, France University Hospital Lyon Sud J C L, 69310 Lyon, France University Hospitals of Geneva F Tr, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland University Hospital Hôtel Dieu E M, 44093 Nantes, France University Hospital of Dijon P G, 21079 Dijon, France University Hospital of Nancy L B, 54511 Nancy, France Departments of Pathology F Ti, Endocrinology L L, and Biostatistics, and Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique T d M, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, Pierre et Marie Curie University, 75013 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 101:4603-4610. 2016..Diffuse sclerosing variant (DSV) is a rare and aggressive subtype of papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC)...
- [Hepatocellular carcinoma, from monitoring to treatment]Renato Micelli Lupinacci
Service de Chirurgie Generale, viscérale et endocrinienne, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, boulevard de I hôpital, Paris 75013, France
Soins . 2013..Infection through the hepatitis B or C virus constitutes a major public health issue. The diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma, one of the major complications of this infection, is sometimes late as it can develop unnoticed for some time...
- [Cystadenoma of the liver with high levels of ACE and CA 19-9 in the cyst]Christophe Tresallet
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, Hopital de la Pitie, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:413-5. 2003..Definitive histological evaluation is the only means to discriminate malignant from benign cysts. We report a case of cystadenoma of the liver with very high cystic levels and normal serum levels of CEA and CA 19-9...