J F Timsit
Affiliation: Medical ICU
- Model for predicting short-term mortality of severe sepsisChristophe Adrie
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, 93205 Saint Denis, France
Crit Care 13:R72. 2009..To establish a prognostic model for predicting 14-day mortality in ICU patients with severe sepsis overall and according to place of infection acquisition and to sepsis episode number...
- Usefulness of a strategy based on bronchoscopy with direct examination of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in the initial antibiotic therapy of suspected ventilator-associated pneumoniaJ F Timsit
Clinique de Reanimation des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 27:640-7. 2001....
- [Evaluation of a continuous training program at Bichat hospital for in-hospital cardiac arrest resuscitation]J F Timsit
Réanimation Médicale, Hopital Bichat, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:135-43. 2006..Management of in-hospital cardiac arrest is now considered as a hospital quality indicator. Such management actually requires training health care workers (HCWs) for basic life support (BLS)...
- [Cox proportional hazards regression analysis]J F Timsit
Réanimation Médicale, Groupe d epidemiologie, U578 INSERM, et Service de réanimation médicale CHU A Michallon, Grenoble, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:1058-64. 2005
- [Catheter-related infections: microbiology]J F Timsit
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU, Hopital Michallon, 38043 Grenoble, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:282-4. 2005..Ecological data should be taken into account when deciding a probabilistic treatment in case of suspicion of catheter-related infection...
- [Contingency tables and the chi2]J F Timsit
Unité INSERM U 444 et Réanimation médicale et infectieuse, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:583-6. 2004
- What is the best site for central venous catheter insertion in critically ill patients?Jean Francois Timsit
Réanimation médicale et infectieuse, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Crit Care 7:397-9. 2003
- Accuracy of a composite score using daily SAPS II and LOD scores for predicting hospital mortality in ICU patients hospitalized for more than 72 hJ F Timsit
Réanimation des maladies infectieuses, Hĵpital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 27:1012-21. 2001..Consequently, these scores are not the most appropriate tools for measuring prognosis in studies dealing with ICU patients hospitalized for more than 72 h...
- Do hypooncotic fluids for shock increase the risk of late-onset acute respiratory distress syndrome?Frederique Schortgen
Service de Reanimation Medicale, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier Henri Mondor, Creteil 94000, France
Intensive Care Med 36:1724-34. 2010..PARTICIPANT AND SETTINGS: International prospective cohort of consecutive adults who were free of ARDS on admission and who received fluid resuscitation for shock in 115 intensive care units (ICUs) during a 4-week period...
- The ETHICA study (part II): simulation study of determinants and variability of ICU physician decisions in patients aged 80 or overM Garrouste-Orgeas
Medical Surgical, Saint Joseph Hospital Network, 185 rue Raymond Losserand, 75014, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 39:1574-83. 2013..To assess physician decisions about ICU admission for life-sustaining treatments (LSTs)...
- Colonization with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in ICU patients: morbidity, mortality, and glycopeptide useM Garrouste-Orgeas
, HÄµpital Saint Joseph, Paris, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 22:687-92. 2001..MRSA colonization influenced glycopeptide use even if an MRSA infection was not demonstrated; thus, an MRSA control program is warranted to decrease vancomycin use and to limit glycopeptide resistance in gram-positive cocci...
- [Nosocomial pneumopathy acquired under mechanical ventilation. Suspicion criteria, bacteriologic diagnosis, and remission criteria]E Azoulay
, , 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris
Rev Pneumol Clin 57:380-90. 2001..We present a review of the literature and the conclusions of the working groups...
- The ETHICA study (part I): elderly's thoughts about intensive care unit admission for life-sustaining treatmentsF Philippart
Medical Surgical, Saint Joseph Hospital Network, 75014, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 39:1565-73. 2013..To assess preferences among individuals aged ≥80 years for a future hypothetical critical illness requiring life-sustaining treatments...
- Adult patients hospitalized for measles in France, in the 21st centuryJ P Stahl
Infectious Diseases, Joseph Fourier University 1, CHU, 38043 Grenoble, France Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 43:410-6. 2013..An epidemic of measles broke out in France in 2008. We designed a retrospective study focusing on adults hospitalized for measles in 2010/2011...
- [Survival analysis - the log rank test]C Alberti
CIC EC, Unité d Epidémiologie Clinique, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:829-32. 2005
- [Updating of the 12th consensus conference of the Société de Réanimation de langue française (SRLF): catheter related infections in the intensive care unit]J F Timsit
Réanimation médicale et infectieuse, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard 75018 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:315-22. 2005..This text is the synthesis of the considerable amount of work performed by the experts of the society to review recent studies. The experts' texts as well as extensive bibliography are available at http://www.srlf.org...
- Incidence and prognostic value of right ventricular failure in acute respiratory distress syndromeDavid Osman
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital de Bicetre, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bicêtre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 11 Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 35:69-76. 2009..To analyse the incidence and the impact on outcome of right ventricular failure (RVF) in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)...
- Continuous versus intermittent infusion of vancomycin in severe Staphylococcal infections: prospective multicenter randomized studyM Wysocki
Medico Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2460-7. 2001..The 10-day treatment cost per patient was $454 +/- 137 in the IIV group and was 23% lower in the CIV group ($321 +/- 81: P < 0.0001). In summary, for comparable efficacy and tolerance, CIV may be a cost-effective alternative to IIV...
- Performance and impact of a rapid method combining mass spectrometry and direct antimicrobial susceptibility testing on treatment adequacy of patients with ventilator-associated pneumoniaM Le Dorze
Réanimation médicale et infectieuse, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 21:468.e1-6. 2015..2%) patients, with 17 carbapenem patient-days saved. Overall, routine use of the DAST method could help optimize earlier antibiotic treatment in patients with suspected VAP...
- Clinical spectrum and outcomes of patients with encephalitis requiring intensive careR Sonneville
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Service de réanimation médicale et infectieuse, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 22:6-16, e1. 2015..Our aim was to characterize the clinical profile, temporal changes and outcomes of patients with severe encephalitis...
- Invasive aspergillosis: drug-dispensing systems as a source of filamentous fungal contamination in high-risk units?P Gibert
Pôle pharmacie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
J Hosp Infect 82:293-6. 2012..3% of samples were contaminated with Aspergillus fumigatus. Cleaning trolleys with Aniosurf(®) decreased the level of FF significantly, but contamination re-appeared within 24 h due to storage in a non-controlled environment...
- The risk associated with hyperoncotic colloids in patients with shockFrederique Schortgen
Réanimation Médicale, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Albert Chenevier, Henri Mondor, 94000 Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 34:2157-68. 2008..This study assessed the risk of renal adverse events in patients with shock resuscitated using hypo-oncotic colloids, artificial hyperoncotic colloids, hyperoncotic albumin or crystalloids, according to physician's choice...
- Primary lung adenocarcinoma: characteristics by smoking habit and sexH Nagy-Mignotte
Oncology Coordination Centre, Pneumology Clinic, Institute Albert Bonniot, Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 38:1412-9. 2011..0035) and 8 yrs for males (p < 0.001). Our results support the hypothesis that carcinogenesis differs between males and females, and between female smokers and never-smokers...
- Can procalcitonin help identify associated bacterial infection in patients with severe influenza pneumonia? A multicentre studyE Cuquemelle
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil, France
Intensive Care Med 37:796-800. 2011..To determine whether procalcitonin (PCT) levels could help discriminate isolated viral from mixed (bacterial and viral) pneumonia in patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) during the A/H1N1v2009 influenza pandemic...
- [Does red blood cell storage time still influence ICU survival?]G Dessertaine
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Transfus Clin Biol 15:154-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact of aged leukodepleted-RBC pack, on the outcome of ICU patients...