Affiliation: Medical ICU
- Influence of gender on the outcome of severe sepsis: a reappraisalChristophe Adrie
Medical Surgical ICU, Hopital Delafontaine, 2, rue du Dr Delafontaine, 93205 Sant Denis, France
Chest 132:1786-93. 2007..The influence of gender on survival of patients with severe sepsis is unclear. Earlier studies suggested better survival in women, possibly related to the sex-steroid profile...
- Model for predicting short-term mortality of severe sepsisChristophe Adrie
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, 93205 Saint Denis, France
Crit Care 13:R72. 2009..To establish a prognostic model for predicting 14-day mortality in ICU patients with severe sepsis overall and according to place of infection acquisition and to sepsis episode number...
- Does catheter-associated urinary tract infection increase mortality in critically ill patients?Christophe Clec'h
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Avicenne Teaching Hospital, Bobigny, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:1367-73. 2007..To produce an accurate estimate of the association between catheter-associated urinary tract infection (UTI) and intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital mortality, controlling for major confounding factors...
- A multifaceted program for improving quality of care in intensive care units: IATROREF studyMaite Garrouste-Orgeas
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Saint Joseph Hospital Network, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 40:468-76. 2012..Medical errors and adverse events are associated with increased mortality in intensive care patients, indicating an urgent need for prevention programs...
- Impact of adverse events on outcomes in intensive care unit patientsMaite Garrouste Orgeas
Medical Surgical ICU, Saint Joseph Hospital Network, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:2041-7. 2008..To examine the association between predefined adverse events (AE) (including nosocomial infections) and intensive care unit (ICU) mortality, controlling for multiple adverse events in the same patient and confounding variables...
- Decreased Risk of Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Sepsis Due to Intra-Abdominal InfectionFrancois Philippart
Medical Surgical ICU, Groupe Hospitalier Paris Saint Joseph, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0137262. 2015..Experimental studies suggest that intra-abdominal infection (IAI) induces biological alterations that may affect the risk of lung infection...
- An underrecognized source of organ donors: patients with brain death after successfully resuscitated cardiac arrestChristophe Adrie
Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, 2 rue du Dr Delafontaine, Saint Denis, France
Intensive Care Med 34:132-7. 2008..To identify predictors of brain death after successful resuscitation of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA), with the goal of improving the detection of brain death, and to evaluate outcomes of solid organs harvested from these patients...
- Immune status and apoptosis activation during brain deathChristophe Adrie
Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, Saint Denis, France
Shock 33:353-62. 2010..Both abnormalities may play a role in organ dysfunction associated with brain death. However, the level of systemic inflammation or the presence of circulating endotoxin was not associated with lower graft survival...
- Predicting survival with good neurological recovery at hospital admission after successful resuscitation of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: the OHCA scoreChristophe Adrie
Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, 2, rue du Dr Delafontaine, Saint Denis, France
Eur Heart J 27:2840-5. 2006..The aim of this study was to develop a simple tool for predicting survival with good neurological function in the overall population of patients with successfully resuscitated cardiac arrest...
- Impact of early nutrition and feeding route on outcomes of mechanically ventilated patients with shock: a post hoc marginal structural model studyJean Reignier
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, CHD de la Vendée, La Roche Sur Yon, France
Intensive Care Med 41:875-86. 2015....
- Epidemiology and economic evaluation of severe sepsis in France: age, severity, infection site, and place of acquisition (community, hospital, or intensive care unit) as determinants of workload and costChristophe Adrie
Medical Surgical ICU, Delafontaine Hospital, Saint Denis, France
J Crit Care 20:46-58. 2005..Severe sepsis is a leading cause of death in critically ill patients. We evaluated cost and workload according to infection site, place and time of acquisition, and severity...