- Tioguanine in patients with Crohn's disease intolerant or resistant to azathioprine/mercaptopurineB Bonaz
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Grenoble, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:401-8. 2003..Tioguanine (TG) is an antimetabolite which may be regarded as an alternative to azathioprine (AZA)/mercaptopurine (MP) in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Probiotics and intestinal health effects: a clinical perspectiveP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 CEDEX 15, France
Br J Nutr 88:S51-7. 2002..We also analysed the recent randomised controlled trials performed in patients with Clostridium difficile or Helicobacter pylori, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, non-ulcer dyspepsia and colon cancer...
- A randomized, double-blind, controlled study and pooled analysis of two identical trials of fermented milk containing probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis CNCM I-2494 in healthy women reporting minor digestive symptomsP Marteau
Department of Digestive Diseases, AP HP, Lariboisiere Hospital, University Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 25:331-e252. 2013..Our objective is to confirm these findings in a second study and in a pooled analysis of both studies...
- Bacteriotherapy for inflammatory bowel disease: therapeutic tool and/or pharmacological vectors?P Marteau
AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Medicosurgical Department of Digestive Diseases, Laboratoire de Biologie EA 3199, CNAM and University Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:S228-34. 2009..We also discuss the mechanisms of action, the use of microbial agents as pharmacological vectors, the development of genetically modified probiotics (including a clinical pilot trial in patients with Crohn's disease), and safety issues...
- Bacteria as trigger for chronic gastrointestinal disordersPhilippe Marteau
AP HP, Lariboisiere Hospital, Department of Digestive Diseases, Paris 7 University, Paris, France
Dig Dis 29:166-71. 2011..Finally, important perspectives are opened by new tools such as metagenomics and metabolomics of the gastrointestinal ecosystems. Major tracks concern irritable bowel syndrome, colon cancer and obesity...
- Ineffectiveness of Lactobacillus johnsonii LA1 for prophylaxis of postoperative recurrence in Crohn's disease: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled GETAID trialP Marteau
Department Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Gut 55:842-7. 2006..Bacteria are involved, and probiotics may modulate immune responses to the intestinal flora. Here we tested the probiotic strain Lactobacillus johnsonii LA1 in this setting...
- [The clinical importance of intestinal microbiota]P Marteau
Medical Surgical Digestive Pathology Department, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 34:S93-7. 2010..This article summarizes the historical steps of these discoveries and reviews what the "modern" clinician should know in this very dynamic area in regard to research and practical consequences...
- Bacterial flora in inflammatory bowel diseasePhilippe Marteau
University Paris 7 and AP HP, Medicosurgical Department of Digestive Diseases, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Dig Dis 27:99-103. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that dysbiosis, or an imbalance within the (dominant) intestinal microbiota, may favour IBD...
- Accuracy of imaging for predicting operative approach in Crohn's diseaseB Malgras
Department of Digestive Diseases, Hôpital Lariboisière Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, France
Br J Surg 99:1011-20. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of preoperative imaging in detecting the extent of disease and predicting the operative approach in patients with Crohn's disease...
- Inflammatory bowel disease: what is new?P Marteau
Department of Gastroenterology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, and University of Paris V, France
Endoscopy 36:130-6. 2004....
- Review article: the role of bacteria in onset and perpetuation of inflammatory bowel diseaseP Seksik
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:11-8. 2006..Studies searching for a generalized or localized dysbiosis in IBD are discussed, as well as those trying to identify bacterial molecules and receptors, which may be implicated in triggering the inflammatory process...
- Low prevalence of colonoscopic surveillance of inflammatory bowel disease patients with longstanding extensive colitis: a clinical practice survey nested in the CESAME cohortA Vienne
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital and UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 34:188-95. 2011..Surveillance colonoscopy is recommended for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients with longstanding extensive colitis (LEC)...
- Structural robustness of the gut mucosal microbiota is associated with Crohn's disease remission after surgeryS Mondot
INRA, MICALIS UMR1319, Jouy en Josas, France AgroParisTech, MICALIS UMR1319, Jouy en Josas, France Institut Curie, U932, Paris, France
Gut 65:954-62. 2016..Defining the disturbances of the microbial composition and community structure after ICR and their link with early disease recurrence is crucial...
- [Management of ileal stenosis in patients with Crohn's disease]J Coelho
Département médicochirurgical de pathologie digestive, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:F75-81. 2009..The treatment decision takes into account the results of radiological assessment, CRP level and the effects of the previous treatments...
- Plexitis as a predictive factor of early postoperative clinical recurrence in Crohn's diseaseH Sokol
AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Paris, France
Gut 58:1218-25. 2009..The aim of the present study was to assess the predictive value of plexitis for early clinical CD recurrence...
- Push enteroscopy in celiac sprue and refractory sprueC Cellier
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Laennec Hospital and Necker Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université René Descartes, Paris, France
Gastrointest Endosc 50:613-7. 1999..The aim of this study was to determine in patients with sprue whether jejunal endoscopy improves the diagnostic yield or provides information that may modify management, when compared with evaluation limited to the duodenum...
- Adalimumab or infliximab as monotherapy, or in combination with an immunomodulator, in the treatment of Crohn's diseaseJ Cosnes
Department of Gastroenterology, Saint Antoine Hospital, APHP and Paris VI University, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 44:1102-1113. 2016..The comparative efficacy of adalimumab (ADA) and infliximab (IFX) in Crohn's disease, and the benefit of initial combotherapy with an immunomodulator, are debated...
- The efficacy and safety of a third anti-TNF monoclonal antibody in Crohn's disease after failure of two other anti-TNF antibodiesM Allez
Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:92-101. 2010..Adalimumab (ADA) and certolizumab pegol (CZP) have demonstrated efficacy in Crohn's disease (CD) patients previously treated with infliximab (IFX)...
- Collagenous gastritisX Dray
Département de Pathologie Digestive, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP, Paris 7 University, Paris, France
Endoscopy 39:E292-3. 2007
- Clinical evidence for immunomodulatory effects of probiotic bacteriaF M Ruemmele
Department of Pediatrics, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:126-41. 2009....
- Foetal outcome in women with inflammatory bowel disease treated during pregnancy with oral mesalazine microgranulesP Marteau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Laennec, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 12:1101-8. 1998..Little information is available about the safety of high doses of mesalazine during pregnancy...
- Nutritional advantages of probiotics and prebioticsP Marteau
ISTNA INSERM U557 INRA U1125 EA CNAM 3200, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 87:S153-7. 2002..Positive trials have suggested preventive effects against intestinal colonization with specific gut pathogens including Clostridium difficile and Helicobacter pylori...
- Infliximab for refractory ulcerative colitis or indeterminate colitis: an open-label multicentre studyJ M Gornet
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:175-81. 2003..The efficacy of infliximab in ulcerative colitis (UC) and indeterminate colitis has been poorly assessed and preliminary results are conflicting...
- Flexible versus rigid single-port peritoneoscopy: a randomized controlled trial in a live porcine model followed by initial experience in human cadaversY Ladjici
Department of Digestive Diseases, Tertiary Care Centre for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis, School of Surgery, Paris, France
Surg Endosc 26:2651-7. 2012..We compared single incision laparoscopic surgery with flexible endoscope ("flexible SILS") and with rigid optic ("rigid SILS") for access to 11 elective sites of peritoneal carcinomatosis...
- [Digestive and nutritional management of adults with cystic fibrosis]P Marteau
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Rev Mal Respir 17:785-97. 2000....
- Comparative study of bacterial groups within the human cecal and fecal microbiotaP Marteau
INSERM U 290, Paris, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4939-42. 2001..Facultative anaerobes represented 25% of total bacteria in the cecum versus 1% in the feces...
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with thiopurines: cohort from the CESAME StudyJessica Coelho
Department of Digestive Diseases, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Gut 60:198-203. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the pregnancy outcome of women with IBD who have been exposed to thiopurines...
- Review article: gut flora and inflammatory bowel diseaseP Marteau
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:18-23. 2004..The possibility of modifying the ecosystem using prebiotics or probiotics offers hope for new treatment developments, particularly in the prevention of relapse...
- Combined oral and enema treatment with Pentasa (mesalazine) is superior to oral therapy alone in patients with extensive mild/moderate active ulcerative colitis: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gut 54:960-5. 2005....
- Excess risk of urinary tract cancers in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective observational cohort studyA Bourrier
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 43:252-61. 2016..The risk of urinary tract cancers, including kidney and bladder cancers, was increased in transplant recipients receiving thiopurines...
- Validation of a live animal model for training in endoscopic hemostasis of upper gastrointestinal bleeding ulcersM Camus
Gastroenterology and School of Surgery, Lariboisiere Hospital, APHP, Paris 7 University, Paris, France
Endoscopy 45:451-7. 2013..The management of upper gastrointestinal bleeding requires training of the endoscopist. We aimed to validate a live animal model of bleeding ulcers for training in endoscopic hemostasis...
- Bifidobacterium animalis strain DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in healthy women: a double-blind, randomized, controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:587-93. 2002..A previous study has suggested that Bifidobacterium animalis DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in women...
- Tolerance to low-digestible carbohydrates: symptomatology and methodsP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 85:S17-21. 2001..Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies are required to assess the subjective symptoms of intolerance, and the experimental conditions may influence the results...
- Long-term outcome of patients with gastrointestinal bleeding of obscure origin explored by push enteroscopyB Landi
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Endoscopy 34:355-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the rate of recurrent bleeding and its predictive factors in patients with gastrointestinal bleeding of obscure origin, after exploration by push enteroscopy...
- Mycobacterium avium duodenal infection mimicking Whipple's disease in a patient with AIDSX Dray
Département de Pathologie Digestive, APHP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Endoscopy 39:E296-7. 2007
- [The future of gastrointestinal therapeutic endoscopy: NOTES]X Dray
Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:758-66. 2009..Overall, NOTES is believed to make evolve both interventional endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery...
- Malnutrition in adults with cystic fibrosisX Dray
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:152-4. 2005..To determine the prevalence and clinical features of malnutrition and its relationship with the CFTR genotype in a cystic fibrosis (CF) adult population...
- Inflammatory bowel diseaseP Marteau
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, and Paris V University, France
Endoscopy 34:63-8. 2002....
- [MR imaging of ano-perineal suppurations]C A Cuenod
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris
J Radiol 84:516-28. 2003....
- A double blind randomized controlled trial of a probiotic combination in 100 patients with irritable bowel syndromeS Drouault-Holowacz
PiLeJe, 37, quai de Grenelle, bâtiment Pollux, 75738 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:147-52. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of a probiotic combination on symptoms in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Mesalamine in the treatment of active Crohn's diseaseAxel Dignass
Gastroenterology 128:245-6; author reply 246. 2005
- Dysbiosis in inflammatory bowel disease: a role for bacteriophages?P Lepage
Gut 57:424-5. 2008
- [Endoscopic treatment of lower intestinal haemorrhage of diverticular origin]E Cuillerier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:558-9. 2003
- Alterations of the dominant faecal bacterial groups in patients with Crohn's disease of the colonP Seksik
INRA, CR de Jouy en Josas, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Gut 52:237-42. 2003..We investigated potential differences in the faecal microflora between patients with colonic CD in remission (n=9), patients with active colonic CD (n=8), and healthy volunteers (n=16) using culture independent techniques...
- Probiotics, prebiotics, synbiotics: ecological treatment for inflammatory bowel disease?P Marteau
Gut 55:1692-3. 2006
- Reduced diversity of faecal microbiota in Crohn's disease revealed by a metagenomic approachC Manichanh
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif, INRA UEPSD, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Gut 55:205-11. 2006..However, investigation of such a complex ecosystem is difficult, even with culture independent molecular approaches...
- European evidence based consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease: current managementS P L Travis
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Gut 55:i16-35. 2006..The third section on special situations in Crohn's disease includes postoperative recurrence, fistulating disease, paediatrics, pregnancy, psychosomatics, extraintestinal manifestations, and alternative therapy for Crohn's disease...
- Safety of probiotics that contain lactobacilli or bifidobacteriaS P Borriello
Central Public Health Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 36:775-80. 2003..Vigilance regarding the detection of possible rare cases of infection due to probiotics should be maintained, and isolates should be sent to reference centers for molecular characterization and confirmation...