- Inflammatory bowel diseaseP Marteau
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, and Paris V University, France
Endoscopy 34:63-8. 2002....
- Reduced diversity of faecal microbiota in Crohn's disease revealed by a metagenomic approachC Manichanh
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif, INRA UEPSD, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Gut 55:205-11. 2006..However, investigation of such a complex ecosystem is difficult, even with culture independent molecular approaches...
- Low counts of Faecalibacterium prausnitzii in colitis microbiotaH Sokol
UEPSD, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:1183-9. 2009..The aim was to compare the fecal microbiota composition of patients with colitis to that of healthy subjects (HS)...
- Combined oral and enema treatment with Pentasa (mesalazine) is superior to oral therapy alone in patients with extensive mild/moderate active ulcerative colitis: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gut 54:960-5. 2005....
- Search for localized dysbiosis in Crohn's disease ulcerations by temporal temperature gradient gel electrophoresis of 16S rRNAPhilippe Seksik
INRA, CR de Jouy en Josas, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:4654-8. 2005..Biodiversity remains high in ulcerated mucosa. This argues against a pathogenic role of localized qualitative dysbiosis in CD-associated ulceration...
- Ineffectiveness of Lactobacillus johnsonii LA1 for prophylaxis of postoperative recurrence in Crohn's disease: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled GETAID trialP Marteau
Department Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Gut 55:842-7. 2006..Bacteria are involved, and probiotics may modulate immune responses to the intestinal flora. Here we tested the probiotic strain Lactobacillus johnsonii LA1 in this setting...
- Structural robustness of the gut mucosal microbiota is associated with Crohn's disease remission after surgeryS Mondot
INRA, MICALIS UMR1319, Jouy en Josas, France AgroParisTech, MICALIS UMR1319, Jouy en Josas, France Institut Curie, U932, Paris, France
Gut 65:954-62. 2016..Defining the disturbances of the microbial composition and community structure after ICR and their link with early disease recurrence is crucial...
- Review article: gut flora and inflammatory bowel diseaseP Marteau
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:18-23. 2004..The possibility of modifying the ecosystem using prebiotics or probiotics offers hope for new treatment developments, particularly in the prevention of relapse...
- Temperature gradient gel electrophoresis of fecal 16S rRNA reveals active Escherichia coli in the microbiota of patients with ulcerative colitisH Sokol
INRA, UEPSD, CR de Jouy en Josas, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:3172-7. 2006..E. coli is more represented in the active microbiota of UC patients. The possible pathophysiological role of this difference remains to be determined...
- Alterations of the dominant faecal bacterial groups in patients with Crohn's disease of the colonP Seksik
INRA, CR de Jouy en Josas, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Gut 52:237-42. 2003..We investigated potential differences in the faecal microflora between patients with colonic CD in remission (n=9), patients with active colonic CD (n=8), and healthy volunteers (n=16) using culture independent techniques...
- [Celiac disease in adults in 2006]P Marteau
Département médicochirurgical de pathologie digestive, APHP, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 27:S59-60. 2006
- Foetal outcome in women with inflammatory bowel disease treated during pregnancy with oral mesalazine microgranulesP Marteau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Laennec, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 12:1101-8. 1998..Little information is available about the safety of high doses of mesalazine during pregnancy...
- Inflammatory bowel disease: what is new?P Marteau
Department of Gastroenterology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, and University of Paris V, France
Endoscopy 36:130-6. 2004....
- Infliximab for refractory ulcerative colitis or indeterminate colitis: an open-label multicentre studyJ M Gornet
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:175-81. 2003..The efficacy of infliximab in ulcerative colitis (UC) and indeterminate colitis has been poorly assessed and preliminary results are conflicting...
- [Digestive and nutritional management of adults with cystic fibrosis]P Marteau
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Rev Mal Respir 17:785-97. 2000....
- Inflammatory bowel diseaseP Marteau
Dept of Gastroenterology, Laennec Hospital, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, and University of Paris V, France
Endoscopy 32:131-7. 2000....
- Tolerance to low-digestible carbohydrates: symptomatology and methodsP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 85:S17-21. 2001..Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies are required to assess the subjective symptoms of intolerance, and the experimental conditions may influence the results...
- Comparative study of bacterial groups within the human cecal and fecal microbiotaP Marteau
INSERM U 290, Paris, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4939-42. 2001..Facultative anaerobes represented 25% of total bacteria in the cecum versus 1% in the feces...
- Bifidobacterium animalis strain DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in healthy women: a double-blind, randomized, controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:587-93. 2002..A previous study has suggested that Bifidobacterium animalis DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in women...
- Long-term outcome of patients with gastrointestinal bleeding of obscure origin explored by push enteroscopyB Landi
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Endoscopy 34:355-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the rate of recurrent bleeding and its predictive factors in patients with gastrointestinal bleeding of obscure origin, after exploration by push enteroscopy...
- Nutritional advantages of probiotics and prebioticsP Marteau
ISTNA INSERM U557 INRA U1125 EA CNAM 3200, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 87:S153-7. 2002..Positive trials have suggested preventive effects against intestinal colonization with specific gut pathogens including Clostridium difficile and Helicobacter pylori...
- Push enteroscopy in celiac sprue and refractory sprueC Cellier
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Laennec Hospital and Necker Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université René Descartes, Paris, France
Gastrointest Endosc 50:613-7. 1999..The aim of this study was to determine in patients with sprue whether jejunal endoscopy improves the diagnostic yield or provides information that may modify management, when compared with evaluation limited to the duodenum...
- Highlighting new phylogenetic specificities of Crohn's disease microbiotaS Mondot
UMR1319 MICALIS, INRA, Domaine de Vilvert, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:185-92. 2011..Recent studies suggest that gastrointestinal (GI) microbes play a part in the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease (CD)...
- [MR imaging of ano-perineal suppurations]C A Cuenod
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris
J Radiol 84:516-28. 2003....
- Probiotics and intestinal health effects: a clinical perspectiveP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 CEDEX 15, France
Br J Nutr 88:S51-7. 2002..We also analysed the recent randomised controlled trials performed in patients with Clostridium difficile or Helicobacter pylori, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, non-ulcer dyspepsia and colon cancer...
- A double blind randomized controlled trial of a probiotic combination in 100 patients with irritable bowel syndromeS Drouault-Holowacz
PiLeJe, 37, quai de Grenelle, bâtiment Pollux, 75738 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:147-52. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of a probiotic combination on symptoms in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Probiotics, prebiotics, synbiotics: ecological treatment for inflammatory bowel disease?P Marteau
Gut 55:1692-3. 2006
- Safety of probiotics that contain lactobacilli or bifidobacteriaS P Borriello
Central Public Health Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 36:775-80. 2003..Vigilance regarding the detection of possible rare cases of infection due to probiotics should be maintained, and isolates should be sent to reference centers for molecular characterization and confirmation...
- European evidence based consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease: current managementS P L Travis
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Gut 55:i16-35. 2006..The third section on special situations in Crohn's disease includes postoperative recurrence, fistulating disease, paediatrics, pregnancy, psychosomatics, extraintestinal manifestations, and alternative therapy for Crohn's disease...
- [Endoscopic treatment of lower intestinal haemorrhage of diverticular origin]E Cuillerier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:558-9. 2003
- Tioguanine in patients with Crohn's disease intolerant or resistant to azathioprine/mercaptopurineB Bonaz
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Grenoble, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:401-8. 2003..Tioguanine (TG) is an antimetabolite which may be regarded as an alternative to azathioprine (AZA)/mercaptopurine (MP) in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Mesalamine in the treatment of active Crohn's diseaseAxel Dignass
Gastroenterology 128:245-6; author reply 246. 2005
- Decrease in factor V activity: a new adverse effect of purine analogs in inflammatory bowel diseases?S Poupeney
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1024-5. 2008
- Dysbiosis in inflammatory bowel disease: a role for bacteriophages?P Lepage
Gut 57:424-5. 2008
- Mycobacterium avium duodenal infection mimicking Whipple's disease in a patient with AIDSX Dray
Département de Pathologie Digestive, APHP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Endoscopy 39:E296-7. 2007
- Nodular regenerative hyperplasia in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with azathioprineG Vernier-Massouille
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, CH et U de Lille, France
Gut 56:1404-9. 2007....
- Antioxidant effects of metronidazole in colonic tissueM A Pelissier
Laboratoire de Biologie, EA 3199, Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, 2 rue Conté, 75003 Paris, France
Dig Dis Sci 52:40-4. 2007..MTZ reduced significantly the colonic oxidative damage to proteins without any side effect in the liver. This is the first evidence of an antioxidant effect of MTZ on oxidative protein damage in the colon under physiologic conditions...
- Review article: the role of bacteria in onset and perpetuation of inflammatory bowel diseaseP Seksik
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:11-8. 2006..Studies searching for a generalized or localized dysbiosis in IBD are discussed, as well as those trying to identify bacterial molecules and receptors, which may be implicated in triggering the inflammatory process...
- Malnutrition in adults with cystic fibrosisX Dray
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:152-4. 2005..To determine the prevalence and clinical features of malnutrition and its relationship with the CFTR genotype in a cystic fibrosis (CF) adult population...