Jean Francois Mangin
- In-vivo measurement of cortical morphology: means and meaningsJean Francois Mangin
LNAO, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
Curr Opin Neurol 23:359-67. 2010..Study of the variability of the cortical mantle thickness is now a key issue in neuroimaging. Here we describe a more recent trend aiming at the study of the variability of the cortical folding morphology...
- Mapping cortico-striatal connectivity onto the cortical surface: a new tractography-based approach to study Huntington diseaseLinda Marrakchi-Kacem
Neurospin, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
PLoS ONE 8:e53135. 2013..Our method can be used to infer novel connectivity-based markers of HD pathological process...
- Inference of a HARDI fiber bundle atlas using a two-level clustering strategyPamela Guevara
Neurospin, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 13:550-7. 2010..The resulting model includes the large bundles of anatomical literature and about 20 U-fiber bundles in each hemisphere...
- Constructing a dictionary of human brain folding patternsZhong yi Sun
LNAO, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, Saclay, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 12:117-24. 2009..This algorithm provides a score which evaluates the strengths of the patterns found. The score is used to rank the patterns for setting up a dictionary to characterize the variability of cortical anatomy...
- Noise correction for HARDI and HYDI data obtained with multi-channel coils and sum of squares reconstruction: an anisotropic extension of the LMMSEVéronique Brion
Neurospin, CEA DSV I2BM, Gif sur Yvette, France IFR 49, Paris, France Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 31:1360-71. 2013..Moreover, in comparison with the existing LMMSE technique incorporating the estimation of voxelwise effective parameters, our method yields improved results. ..
- Mean q-ball strings obtained by constrained procrustes analysis with point slidingIrina Kezele
Neurospin, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France 2 IFR49, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 11:1034-41. 2008..This way we obtain a compact tract representation that exploits all the available information, and is at the same time free of the outlier influence and undesired tract edge effects...
- Analysis of the striato-thalamo-cortical connectivity on the cortical surface to infer biomarkers of Huntington's diseaseLinda Marrakchi-Kacem
NeuroSpin CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 13:217-24. 2010..Finally, robust statistics are used to characterize the differences of that connectivity between the two populations, providing new connectivity-based biomarkers of the pathology...
- Shape of the Central Sulcus and Disability After Subcortical Stroke: A Motor Reserve HypothesisEric Jouvent
From the Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 1161 INSERM, F 75205 Paris, France and AP HP, Lariboisiere Hospital, Department of Neurology, F 75475 Paris, France, and DHU NeuroVasc Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France E J, F D G, H C UNATI, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, Saclay, France Z Y S, E D, J F M CATI Multicenter Neuroimaging Platform, cati neuroimaging com, France Z Y S, E D, J F M Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany M Duering, M Dichgans Munich Cluster of Systems Neurology SyNergy, Munich, Germany M Duering, M Dichgans and Department of Neurology, Medical University of Graz, Austria S R
Stroke 47:1023-9. 2016....
- Foot, hand, face and eye representation in the human striatumEmmanuel Gerardin
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Department of Medical Research, CEA, Orsay, France
Cereb Cortex 13:162-9. 2003..These data present evidence for a somatotopic organization of the human striatum which corresponds with the topography of corticostriatal projections described in the non-human primates...
- Early maturation of the linguistic dorsal pathway in human infantsFrancois Leroy
INSERM, U992, Neurospin, 91191 Gif Yvette, France
J Neurosci 31:1500-6. 2011....
- Asynchrony of the early maturation of white matter bundles in healthy infants: quantitative landmarks revealed noninvasively by diffusion tensor imagingJessica Dubois
UNAF, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, Orsay, France
Hum Brain Mapp 29:14-27. 2008..Thus, this approach provides new quantitative landmarks for further noninvasive research on brain-behavior relationships during normal and abnormal development...
- Automatic recognition of cortical sulci of the human brain using a congregation of neural networksDenis Riviere
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, 4 Place du General Leclerc, 91401 Orsay, France
Med Image Anal 6:77-92. 2002..The mean recognition rate is 86% for the learning base and 76% for a generalization base, which is very satisfying considering the current weak understanding of the variability of the cortical folding patterns...
- Identification of growth seeds in the neonate brain through surfacic Helmholtz decompositionJulien Lefevre
LNAO, Neurospin, CEA, Saclay, France
Inf Process Med Imaging 21:252-63. 2009..We show the reproducibility of such growth seeds across 4 neonates and make a link of this new concept to the "sulcal roots" one proposed to explain the variability of human brain anatomy...
- Groupwise connectivity-based parcellation of the whole human cortical surface using watershed-driven dimension reductionSandrine Lefranc
Neurospin, CEA, I 2 BM, Gif sur Yvette, France CATI, Multicenter Neuroimaging Platform, Paris, France Electronic address
Med Image Anal 30:11-29. 2016..This reproducibility has been tested across non-overlapping subgroups and the validation is presented mainly on the pre- and postcentral gyri. ..
- High level group analysis of FMRI data based on Dirichlet process mixture modelsBertrand Thirion
INRIA Futurs, Neurospin, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Inf Process Med Imaging 20:482-94. 2007..Finally, inter-subject correspondences are computed with Bayesian Network models. We show the power of the technique on both simulated and real datasets and compare it with standard inference techniques...
- Atlas-free surface reconstruction of the cortical grey-white interface in infantsFrancois Leroy
INSERM, Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit, Gif sur Yvette, France
PLoS ONE 6:e27128. 2011..Second, the cortical ribbon is highly folded creating complex shapes. Finally, the low tissue contrast and partial volume effects hamper cortex edge detection in parts of the brain...
- Cortical sulci recognition and spatial normalizationMatthieu Perrot
LNAO, Neurospin, CEA, Bât 145, Point courrier 156, F 91191 Gif Yvette, France
Med Image Anal 15:529-50. 2011..The different methods described in this paper have been integrated since the release version 3.2.1 of the BrainVISA software platform (Riviére et al., 2009)...
- Parallel MRI noise correction: an extension of the LMMSE to non central chi distributionsVéronique Brion
CEA I2BM NeuroSpin, Gif sur Yvette, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 14:226-33. 2011..We demonstrate on simulated and real data that the extended LMMSE outperforms the original LMMSE on images corrupted by a non central chi noise...
- Diffusion propagator imaging: using Laplace's equation and multiple shell acquisitions to reconstruct the diffusion propagatorMaxime Descoteaux
Neurospin, IFR 49 CEA Saclay, France
Inf Process Med Imaging 21:1-13. 2009..DPI is validated with ex vivo phantoms and also illustrated on an in vivo human brain dataset. DPI is shown to reconstruct EAP from only two b-value shells and approximately 100 diffusion measurements...
- Organising white matter in a brain without corpus callosum fibresAudrey Bénézit
INSERM, U992, Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit, France CEA, UNICOG, Neurospin, Gif sur Yvette, France University Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Cortex 63:155-71. 2015..Consequently the bundles' organisation seems well conserved in brains with CCD. These results await further investigations with functional imaging before apprehending the cognition variability in children with isolated dysgenesis. ..
- Correction strategy for diffusion-weighted images corrupted with motion: application to the DTI evaluation of infants' white matterJessica Dubois
INSERM, U992, Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit, Gif sur Yvette, France CEA, NeuroSpin Center, UNICOG, Gif sur Yvette, France University Paris Sud, Orsay, France Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 32:981-92. 2014..Here, we propose a fully automated strategy, which takes advantage of a high orientation number and is based on spherical-harmonics decomposition of the diffusion signal...
- Quantitative evaluation of 10 tractography algorithms on a realistic diffusion MR phantomPierre Fillard
Parietal Research Team, INRIA Saclay Île de France, Neurospin, France
Neuroimage 56:220-34. 2011..lnao.fr/spip.php?rubrique79 to serve as a comparison basis for existing or new tractography methods. New results can be submitted to email@example.com and updates will be published on the webpage...
- Probabilistic anatomo-functional parcellation of the cortex: how many regions?Alan Tucholka
CEA Saclay, Neurospin LNAO, Bât 145, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 11:399-406. 2008..The number of regions in the model is validated based on cross-validation. It is found that about 250 patches of cortex can be delineated both in the left and right hemisphere based on this procedure...
- Real-time MR diffusion tensor and Q-ball imaging using Kalman filteringCyril Poupon
CEA I2BM NeuroSpin, Point courrier 156, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Med Image Anal 12:527-34. 2008..We could achieve full real-time for diffusion tensor imaging and deferred time for Q-ball imaging, using a single workstation...
- Larger is twistier: spectral analysis of gyrification (SPANGY) applied to adult brain size polymorphismDavid Germanaud
UMR663, INSERM Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Neuroimage 63:1257-72. 2012..Hence, we demonstrate that large brains are twistier than smaller ones because of an increased number of high spatial frequency folds, ramifications and kinks that accommodate the allometric increase of cortical surface...
- The effect of handedness on the shape of the central sulcusZhong yi Sun
Laboratoire de Neuroimagerie Assistée par Ordinateur, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
Neuroimage 60:332-9. 2012..Characterizing normal variation of cortical morphology provides a means of systematically correlating behavior with cortical development...
- New diffusion phantoms dedicated to the study and validation of high-angular-resolution diffusion imaging (HARDI) modelsCyril Poupon
Neurospin, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Institut d Imagerie Bio Médicale, Gif sur Yvette, France
Magn Reson Med 60:1276-83. 2008..Numerical simulations were performed to assess the accuracy of the phantom. The phantom data will be made accessible to the community with the objective of analyzing various HARDI models...
- Anatomical connections of the visual word form areaFlorence Bouhali
INSERM, U 1127, F 75013, Paris, France, Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, F 75013, Paris, France, CNRS, F 75013, Paris, France, institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière, ICM, F 75013, Paris, France
J Neurosci 34:15402-14. 2014..In agreement with functional data on the VWFA in blind subjects, the results suggest that connectivity to language areas, over and above visual factors, may be the primary determinant of VWFA localization. ..
- White matter edema at the early stage of cerebral autosomal-dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathyFrançois De Guio
From the Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 1161 INSERM, Paris, France F D G, H C, E J DHU NeuroVasc Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France F D G, H C, E J UNIRS, Neurospin, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France J F M Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany M D Department of Neurology, Medical University of Graz, Austria S R and Department of Neurology, AP HP, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France H C, E J
Stroke 46:258-61. 2015....
- A study of cortical morphology in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersFrançois De Guio
LNAO, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
Hum Brain Mapp 35:2285-96. 2014..These data identify cortical morphology as a suitable marker for further investigation of brain damage associated with prenatal alcohol exposure...
- Hearing faces: how the infant brain matches the face it sees with the speech it hearsDavina Bristow
INSERM, Neurospin, Gif Yvette, France
J Cogn Neurosci 21:905-21. 2009..These results underscore how complex and structured is the human cortical organization which sustains communication from the first weeks of life on...
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of stained histological slices and 3D non-linear registration with in-vivo MRI for whole baboon brainJulien Dauguet
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, Orsay, France
J Neurosci Methods 164:191-204. 2007..Two complete baboon brains (with the exception of cerebellum) were successfully processed using our protocol...
- Structural analysis of fMRI data: a surface-based framework for multi-subject studiesGrégory Operto
LSIS Laboratory, CNRS, Marseille, France
Med Image Anal 16:976-90. 2012..We also demonstrate the advantages of the surface-based approach by comparing with the results of a 3D structural analysis...
- Joint Bayesian cortical sulci recognition and spatial normalizationMatthieu Perrot
CEA, Neurospin, LNAO, Saclay, France
Inf Process Med Imaging 21:176-87. 2009..Thereby, we have improved the sulci labeling quality to a global recognition rate of 86%, and moreover obtained a basic but robust registration technique...
- Cortical folding in patients with bipolar disorder or unipolar depressionJani Penttilä
INSERM, U797 Research Unit Neuroimaging and Psychiatry, CEA, Hospital Department Frédéric Joliot and Neurospin, Paris Sud University, Orsay, France
J Psychiatry Neurosci 34:127-35. 2009..We hypothesized that patients with treatment-resistant depression would exhibit measurable alterations in cortical folding...