- Effects of prenatal restraint stress on the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and related behavioural and neurobiological alterationsStefania Maccari
Perinatal Stress Team, University of Lille 1, Bât SN4 1 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:S10-5. 2007....
- Early-life experiences and the development of adult diseases with a focus on mental illness: The Human Birth TheoryStefania Maccari
Univ Lille, CNRS, UMR 8576, UGSF, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, 59000 Lille, France IRCCS Neuromed, 86077, Italy Sapienza University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Neuroscience . 2016..The concept of the Human Birth Theory leads to a comprehension of the mental illness as a pathology of the human relationship immediately after birth and during the first year of life...
- Prenatal restraint stress generates two distinct behavioral and neurochemical profiles in male and female ratsAnna Rita Zuena
Perinatal Stress Lab, University Lille 1, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2170. 2008..Our data suggest that the epigenetic changes in hippocampal neuroplasticity induced by early environmental challenges are critically sex-dependent and that the behavioral outcome may diverge in males and females...
- Chronic agomelatine treatment corrects the abnormalities in the circadian rhythm of motor activity and sleep/wake cycle induced by prenatal restraint stress in adult ratsJerome Mairesse
Neuroplasticity Team UMR 8576 CNRS Structural and Functional Glycobiology Unit, University Lille North of France, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:323-38. 2013....
- Early motherhood in rats is associated with a modification of hippocampal functionMuriel Darnaudéry
Neurosciences and Adaptive Physiology Department, UPRES EA 4052 Perinatal Stress Team, University of Lille 1, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:803-12. 2007..In summary, our findings suggest that early postpartum period is associated with a modification of hippocampal function. This may reflect a homeostatic form of hippocampal plasticity in response to the onset of the maternal experience...
- Prenatal stress exacerbates the impact of an aversive procedure on the corticosterone response to stress in female ratsHélène Louvart
NEUROSTRESS EA 4347, University of Lille 1, USTL, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:786-90. 2009..These results indicate that early stress may favor long-lasting modifications of the HPA axis subsequent to exposure to an intense stress in adulthood...
- Sleep in prenatally restraint stressed rats, a model of mixed anxiety-depressive disorderJerome Mairesse
International Associated Laboratory Prenatal Stress and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Neural Plasticity Team UMR CNRS USTL n 8576 Structural and Functional Glycobiology Unit, University of Lille 1, Lille, France
Adv Neurobiol 10:27-44. 2015..Finally, since depressed patients exhibit changes in HPA axis activity and in circadian rhythmicity as well as in the paradoxical sleep regulation, we suggest that PRS could represent an original animal model of depression. ..
- Prenatal stress alters Fos protein expression in hippocampus and locus coeruleus stress-related brain structuresOdile Viltart
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, JE2365, University of Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:769-80. 2006..These data give anatomical substrates to sustain the HPA axis hyperactivity classically described in PS rats after stress exposure...
- Chronic agomelatine treatment corrects behavioral, cellular, and biochemical abnormalities induced by prenatal stress in ratsSara Morley-Fletcher
NeuroPlasticity Team, UMR 8576 CNRS Structural and Functional Glycobiology Unit, University Lille North of France USTL, 59655, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 217:301-13. 2011..We used this model to test the therapeutic efficacy of agomelatine, a novel antidepressant that behaves as a mixed MT1/MT2 melatonin receptor agonist/5-HT(2c) serotonin receptor antagonist...
- Epigenetic programming of the stress response in male and female rats by prenatal restraint stressMuriel Darnaudéry
Perinatal Stress Team, University of Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Brain Res Rev 57:571-85. 2008..Finally, gestational stress has long-lasting effects on the HPA axis and on behavior in the dams. Alterations in maternal behavior could thus also make a strong contribution to the long-term effects of PRS, through epigenetic mechanisms...
- Activation of presynaptic oxytocin receptors enhances glutamate release in the ventral hippocampus of prenatally restraint stressed ratsJerome Mairesse
Univ Lille, CNRS, UMR 8576, UGSF, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, 59000 Lille, France LIA France Italy International Associated Laboratory Prenatal Stress and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Glycobiology of Stress related Diseases team, UMR 8576, UGSF, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, 59000 Lille, France Neuromed, 86077 Pozzilli, Italy and Sapienza University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy
Psychoneuroendocrinology 62:36-46. 2015..These findings disclose a novel function of oxytocin receptors in the hippocampus, and encourage the use of oxytocin receptor agonists in the treatment of stress-related psychiatric disorders in adult life. ..
- Prenatal stress has pro-inflammatory consequences on the immune system in adult ratsChristel C A Vanbesien-Mailliot
Perinatal Stress Unit, University Lille 1, F 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:114-24. 2007..Moreover, in vivo neutralization of IFN-gamma in young rats had no effects in PS group. In conclusion, we report for the first time long-lasting pro-inflammatory consequences of PS in rats...
- Anxiety-like behaviour and associated neurochemical and endocrinological alterations in male pups exposed to prenatal stressCharlotte Laloux
NeuroPlasticity Team, UMR 8576 CNRS, North University of Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1646-58. 2012..These data offer a clear-cut demonstration that the early programming triggered by PRS could be already translated into anxiety-like behaviour during early postnatal life...
- Evidence for an imbalance between tau O-GlcNAcylation and phosphorylation in the hippocampus of a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseEleonora Gatta
Univ Lille, CNRS, UMR 8576, UGSF, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, 59000 Lille, France LIA France Italy, International Associated Laboratory Prenatal Stress and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Glycobiology of Stress related Diseases team, UMR 8576, UGSF, Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, 59000 Lille, France Neuromed, 86077 Pozzilli, Italy Sapienza University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Pharmacol Res 105:186-97. 2016..These data demonstrate that an imbalance between tau phosphorylation and O-GlcNAcylation exists in AD mice, and strengthens the hypothesis that O-GlcNAcylation might be targeted by disease modifying drugs in AD. ..
- Stress during gestation induces lasting effects on emotional reactivity of the dam ratMuriel Darnaudéry
Laboratoire du Stress Périnatal, JE 2365, Universite de Lille 1, Villeneuve d Ascq 59655, France
Behav Brain Res 153:211-6. 2004....
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 reduces age-related disorders induced by prenatal stress in female ratsMuriel Darnaudéry
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, University of Lille 1, JE2365, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Neurobiol Aging 27:119-27. 2006..These findings support the hypothesis of an early programming of the vulnerability to some neurological diseases during senescence and reinforce the potential therapeutic interest of IGF-1 during brain aging...
- The effects of antidepressant treatment in prenatally stressed rats support the glutamatergic hypothesis of stress-related disordersJordan Marrocco
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, Messina 98124, Italy, Neural Plasticity Team Unité Mixte de Recherche 8576 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Lille 1, Department of Structural and Functional Glycobiology, F 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France, Institutes de Recherches Internationales Servier, 92150 Suresnes, France, Department of Pharmacy, University of Genoa, Genoa 16146, Italy, Sapienza University of Rome and Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Neuromed, Pozzilli 86077, Italy, and International Associated Laboratory Prenatal Stress and Neurodegenerative Diseases, F 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, IT 00185 Rome, IT 86077 Pozzilli
J Neurosci 34:2015-24. 2014....
- Effects of a single footshock followed by situational reminders on HPA axis and behaviour in the aversive context in male and female ratsHélène Louvart
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, JE 2365, University of Lille 1, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:92-9. 2006..Interestingly, only females exhibited an increased negative feedback of the HPA axis response to stress, which could parallel endocrine changes of PTSD...
- Effect of prenatal stress on alcohol preference and sensitivity to chronic alcohol exposure in male ratsVincent Van Waes
Neurostress UPRES EA 4347 and CNRS UMR 8576, Universite Lille Nord de France, University of Lille 1, 59655, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 214:197-208. 2011..However, little is known about alcohol vulnerability in this animal model...
- Long-term behavioural alterations in female rats after a single intense footshock followed by situational remindersHélène Louvart
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, JE 2365, University of Lille 1, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:316-24. 2005..Our findings suggest that this paradigm could provide a useful animal model of PTSD...
- Early and later adoptions differently modify mother-pup interactionsMuriel Darnaudéry
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, Unite Propre de Recherche l Enseignement Superieur Jeune Equipe 2365, University of Lille 1, Bâtiment Sn4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Behav Neurosci 118:590-6. 2004..Results suggest a sensitive period during which fostering may change pups' and dams' behavior...
- Neurochemical and behavioral alterations in glucocorticoid receptor-impaired transgenic mice after chronic mild stressNicolas Froger
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U288 Neuropsychopharmacologie Cellulaire et Fonctionnelle, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 24:2787-96. 2004..These results demonstrate that impaired GR functioning affects normal adaptive responses of the HPA axis and 5-HT system to CMS and alters stress-related consequences on decision-making behaviors...
- Impact of an acute exposure to ethanol on the oxidative stress status in the hippocampus of prenatal restraint stress adolescent male ratsMihaela Enache
UPRES EA 4052, Equipe Stress Périnatal, Universite de Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Brain Res 1191:55-62. 2008..These findings extend previous works showing that PRS leads to hippocampal dysfunctions and raise the question of the potential increase of the hippocampal oxidative damage in PRS rats after repeated exposure to ethanol...
- Prenatal stress alters the negative correlation between neuronal activation in limbic regions and behavioral responses in rats exposed to high and low anxiogenic environmentsJerome Mairesse
Neuroscience Perinatal Stress Team, Univ Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:765-76. 2007..This study provides a remarkable example of how long-lasting changes in brain plasticity induced by PS affect the ability of limbic neurons to cope with anxiogenic stimuli of different strength...
- Maternal exposure to low levels of corticosterone during lactation protects the adult offspring against ischemic brain damagePaola Casolini
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Faculty of Medicine, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 27:7041-6. 2007..These data suggest that an increased maternal care protects the offspring against ischemic neuronal damage and that at least a component of neuroprotection is mediated by a reduced response of the HPA axis to ischemia...
- Individual differences in the effects of chronic prazosin hydrochloride treatment on hippocampal mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptorsMohamed Kabbaj
Biomedical Sciences Department, College of Medicine and Neurosciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Eur J Neurosci 25:3312-8. 2007..These data could have clinical implications in terms of individual differences in the resistance to antidepressant treatments and individual differences in drug abuse...
- Maternal stress alters endocrine function of the feto-placental unit in ratsJerome Mairesse
Perinatal Stress Unit, Bat SN4 1, Univ of Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1526-33. 2007..These data emphasize the impact of PS on both fetal growth and endocrine function as well as on placental physiology, suggesting that PS could program processes implied in adult biology and pathophysiology...
- Hypo-response of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis after an ethanol challenge in prenatally stressed adolescent male ratsVincent Van Waes
Unité de Neurosciences et Physiologie Adaptatives, Equipe Stress Périnatal, Universite de Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Eur J Neurosci 24:1193-200. 2006..They thus raise questions about the possible impact of prenatal stress on the further development of ethanol vulnerability...
- Prenatal stress affects behavioral reactivity to an intense stress in adult female ratsHélène Louvart
Laboratoire de Stress Périnatal, JE 2365, Universite de Lille 1, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Brain Res 1031:67-73. 2005..These results suggest that early stress may interact with later ability to cope with intense stress in adulthood...
- Environmental enrichment during adolescence reverses the effects of prenatal stress on play behaviour and HPA axis reactivity in ratsSara Morley-Fletcher
Section of Behavioural Pathophysiology, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, I 00161 Roma, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 18:3367-74. 2003..Moreover, they confirm that PS may well represent a suitable animal model for the design and testing of new therapeutic strategies for behavioural disorders produced by early insults...