- Sequential high-dose chemotherapy protocol for relapsed poor prognosis germ cell tumors combining two mobilization and cytoreductive treatments followed by three high-dose chemotherapy regimens supported by autologous stem cell transplantation. Results ofJ P Lotz
Department of Medical Oncology, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 16:411-8. 2005..High-dose chemotherapy (HD-CT) is able to circumvent platinum resistance of resistant/refractory germ-cell tumors (GCTs), but expectancy of cure remains low. New strategies are needed with new drugs and a sequential approach...
- [Diagnosis of cancer. Signs and paraclinical investigations; stratification; prognosis]Frederic Selle
Service d oncologie médicale Hôpital Tenon 75970 Paris
Rev Prat 53:647-56. 2003
- High-dose chemotherapy with haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for metastatic breast cancer patients: final results of the French multicentric randomised CMA/PEGASE 04 protocolJean Pierre Lotz
Tenon and Saint Louis Hospitals, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 3 Avenue Victoria, 75003 Paris, France
Eur J Cancer 41:71-80. 2005..8% vs. 36.8% at 5 years (P < 0.0294). The CMA regimen could prolong the TTP of patients with chemosensitive metastatic breast cancer. Further studies are needed to determine if this translates into an effect on OS...
- Post-operative sequential high-dose chemotherapy with haematopoietic stem cell support as front-line treatment in advanced ovarian cancer: a phase II multicentre studyA Goncalves
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:651-9. 2006..The observed pCR does not support a clear advantage over conventional treatment. This approach remains an experimental strategy to further optimise and validate...
- Phase I study of high-dose topotecan with haematopoietic stem cell support in the treatment of ovarian carcinomas: the ITOV 01 protocolJ P Lotz
Department of Medical Oncology, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:669-75. 2006..Two episodes of grade IV diarrhoea were observed at level 9.5 mg/m2/day. Pharmacokinetic data were linear within the dose range of 4-9.0 mg/m2/day. The MTD was reached at 9 mg/m2/day x 5 days...
- [Cardiac prevention: the oncologic point of view]Joseph Gligorov
Oncologie Médicale, CancerEst, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20
Bull Cancer 91:192-200. 2004..Use of a cardioprotecting agent before anthracycline infusion (as dexrazoxane is) is possible. However, the indication is not well defined despite existence of efficacy results...
- [Dose density and dose intensity in the treatment of breast cancer]Pierre Saintigny
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Avicenne, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny
Bull Cancer 91:S244-53. 2004..High-dose chemotherapy and dose-dense chemotherapy seem to increase the pathological complete response rate in inflammatory breast cancer. However, prospective and comparative survival data are lacking...
- [Anticancer drugs off label used of: what do the experts think about?]Isabelle Debrix
Pharmacie, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Bull Cancer 91:769-77. 2004..This method proposed by the local drug committee could be used to regulate economic resources and to justify financing of some expensive anticancer drugs...
- [Anticancer drugs use evaluation: limits of the approved labeling]Isabelle Debrix
Pharmacie, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris
Bull Cancer 91:437-43. 2004..So, label used can not be the own references for anticancer drugs prescribing, therapeutic advanced can be realised and disseminated before their taking into account in the label used...
- [18F]FDG in recurrent breast cancer: diagnostic performances, clinical impact and relevance of induced changes in managementDany Grahek
Service de Médecine Nucléaire et centre TEP AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:179-88. 2004..The results of this retrospective study show that FDG-GPET has an important role to play in patient management by confirming and evaluating the extent of recurrence or by localising occult recurrence...
- Recovery, viability and clinical toxicity of thawed and washed haematopoietic progenitor cells: analysis of 952 autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationsE Fois
Unité de Thérapie Cellulaire, Departement de Biotherapic, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:831-5. 2007..The washing procedure of cell products lead to a low rate of adverse events, but patients transplanted with high cell numbers or bags in which clumps were identified are predisposed to such complications...
- [The use of GnRH analogues in early and advanced breast carcinomas]C Segura
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:914-9. 2005..Finally, considering the efficacy of the new aromatase inhibitors, the interest of combining these drugs with the LHRH analogues has yet to be defined, both for pre- and post-menopausal patients...
- Evaluation of the quantitative analytical methods real-time PCR for HER-2 gene quantification and ELISA of serum HER-2 protein and comparison with fluorescence in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry for determining HER-2 status in breast cancer paChantal Tse
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Chem 51:1093-101. 2005....
- Germ cell tumors. Case 2. Unusual course of pure testicular seminomaDany Gholam
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 22:1755-6. 2004
- Can fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine PET replace somatostatin receptor scintigraphy in patients with digestive endocrine tumors?Francoise Montravers
médecine nucléaire, Hopital Tenon AP HP and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris6, Paris, France
J Nucl Med 47:1455-62. 2006....
- [Updates on gemcitabine on metastatic breast cancer]Joseph Gligorov
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Tenon, Cancer Est
Bull Cancer 94:S90-4. 2007..In this overview we will focus on the results of these trials and particularly those recent concerning the combination of gemcitabine with taxanes, vinorelbine, platinum salts and trastuzumab...
- High-dose chemotherapy for breast cancer: the French PEGASE experienceHenri Roche
Institut Claudius Regaud, 31052 Toulouse Cedex, France
Cancer Control 10:42-7. 2003..The French PEGASE Group was founded to perform larger and properly randomized comparative studies of this approach...
- Serum HER-2/neu and relative resistance to trastuzumab-based therapy in patients with metastatic breast cancerSuhail M Ali
Department of Hematology Oncology, Penn State Hershey Cancer Center, Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer 113:1294-301. 2008..The objectives of this study were to pool data from 307 patients with MBC from 7 medical institutions to validate that the serum HER-2/neu profile predicts patient resistance to trastuzumab and to establish a clinically relevant cutoff...
- [Cancer and the law]Anne Sophie Moulin
Service juridique de la Générale de Santé, 96 avenue d Iéna, 75116 Paris
Bull Cancer 90:105-12. 2003..The low number of oncologists in France is more than ever affected by this law, despite the will of the health professionals. More time spent with patients could only occur should there be increased human resources...